• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Hixx

I think Quiche's server should be fixed so I guess it depends on what's working? Unless you want to use popflash if they have them.

Also I might be banned from Quiche's server idk

Blizzard

Banned
I'm pretty sure it's proven that women have slower reactions than men

Otherwise, there would be unisex world championships for something, right? It's clear the female CSGO teams lack any dedication, but I don't think that's the reason why they're nowhere near even a premier skill level.
I googled this and there have actually been some studies. One study suggested female sprinters have slower reaction times in the Olympics, but also suggested the difference could be an artifact because of how false starts are set up.

Here's a non-scientific website study of it, but of course it depends on people properly self-reporting their gender and age. *edit* Shaded areas are 95% confidence intervals.
http://imgur.com/No37b61

I personally feel like harassment, stereotypes, and other factors play a bigger part as to why women do not often compete in esports, however.

MayMay

Banned
We can use Quiches server, except if we play Nuke because Nuke is broken (on the server, for some reason).

The veto map pool is currently all active duty maps + all the operation maps. So in case nuke gets picked we'll just have to switch to popflash.

Also nah you're not banned (and if you are I'll unban you because yolo) lol

Hixx

We can use Quiches server, except if we play Nuke because Nuke is broken (on the server, for some reason).

The veto map pool is currently all active duty maps + all the operation maps. So in case nuke gets picked we'll just have to switch to popflash.

Also nah you're not banned

EgNfAHY.gif

sm_slap hixx 100

pls no

Hixx

I forgot to update the list pls don't hate me

hixx
vinka
xizk
mayhem
overdoziz
penny
baby
haribi
fatal
ludono

rob*
TUSR*?

MayMay

Banned
Yeah most likely, unless we somehow pick Nuke (which is currently broken on the server for some weird reason) or the server overall is shit. gameservers.com said they changed some backend stuff to improve our performance so we'll see if the choke issues we've been getting are still there or not.

Hopefully they're gone.

soultron

Banned
theres not many women who play this game in the first place because of harassment, so theres a smaller pool to pick from. its not that hard to understand

I think this is a big one.

There are other factors too, in my opinion, like job prospects and career length. I, personally, think anyone who wants to dedicate themselves professionally to eSports isn't really thinking longterm. I'm 28 now and my career is finally getting off to a decent start, whereas it'd probably be ending if I was a pro CS player. Winnings are typically STILL lower for CS prize pools too, compared to other eSports. Sure, stickers, merchandising, twitch revenue, and endorsements might make you a buck if you're marketable or well-liked by the community.

I also think it's a bit early to gauge how serious female pro teams are now since there's a lot of money coming into eSports that might bring in more women to spectating and playing CSGO in the next five years, just to put an arbitrary number on it. CLG Red is, in my opinion, the most legitimate chance at a serious pro team because they have an organisation behind them that wants (or at least says they want) to form them into a serious unit. Their roster hasn't changed much over the past year (thinking back to UBInited) but again, I think that's because the female pro pool is small because of reasons baby and I have already mentioned.

I'm optimistic about the chance of unisex tournaments in the future but I don't think we're there yet. I don't buy any of the "reaction times" stuff or that women can't compete with men bullshit, personally.

Also, I got my rank back yesterday: silver master hahaha damn bell curve took me from double AK to this! (I've always been shit.)

MayMay

Banned
had to kick whoever was spectating because otherwise the plugin glitches out during teamdrafting

feel free to rejoin in a few

I may legitimately be the worst Eagle in NA.

Anyways, I agree with thinking females aren't as prominent in the CS scene because of the tiny female player base, and their not really being a way for them to seriously improve and get better. They're slowly getting better by pugging and playing ESEA leagues, but they don't have the actual support of flying to legitimately LANs and competing with real teams, nor do they even have the support of hiring a coach or a IGL who's dedicated to ansylsing them and helping them improve.

Rivitur

Banned
It's not all bad female gamers at least have a high chance to be on an issue of Playboy now if CS don't work out.

Inb4di^ nudes.

frbrr

actually i went to throw up
started feeling really sick after the first half

hope it's not the winter vomiting thing <_<

udiie

I too miss great maps like Favela, Thunder, Downtown and Seaside. All time classics I tell ya.
Some of those shits are better than bullshit like Mikla and Tulip
Fight me.
Also, I got my rank back yesterday: silver master hahaha damn bell curve took me from double AK to this! (I've always been shit.)
we gotta queue mannnnnnnnnn I have a silver master account just waiting to play with you

tootsi666

lurppis dropped from GE to MG1 so it's probably more than just the bell curve if you were inactive

Rushing down vents to B seems to be a sure way of getting the bomb planted in the new nuke. It's hard to stop as CT even with two players throwing nades/molotovs.

udiie

Rushing down vents to B seems to be a sure way of getting the bomb planted in the new nuke. It's hard to stop as CT even with two players throwing nades/molotovs.
Was literally just talking to a friend about that at work
He said it's all he's been doing and it's working incredibly well

soultron

Banned
udil I am getting back into it I just have to fix my connection with my landlord first. It's like an episode of star trek every time I play right now.

udiie

udil I am getting back into it I just have to fix my connection with my landlord first. It's like an episode of star trek every time I play right now.

you just hit me up the moment you wanna play and we'll drop some 40s on noobs
except this coming week. i have exams.
and any other week i have exams.

Top Bottom