• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Pennywise

I think we'll be stuck with CSGO forever. Imagine the shitstorm of everyone that has a skin if they'd release a new CS. All CSGO skins would instantly become worthless.. lmao. I could finally buy a FN Dragonlore.
Nah not instantly. People really take their time to switch over. That was part of every generation now and won't change with a new CS either. Unless they knock it out of the park. Shitstorm will be obviously bigher with all the skins, but people would slowly switch over anyway. Who knows, you can't really tell what they're thinking anyway.

MayMay

Banned
Nah not instantly. People really take their time to switch over. That was part of every generation now and won't change with a new CS either. Unless they knock it out of the park. Shitstorm will be obviously bigher with all the skins, but people would slowly switch over anyway. Who knows, you can't really tell what they're thinking anyway.

People might not immediately switch, but you can bet that everyone is gonna try to sell their skins as long as they're still worth something which in turn would crash the market pretty much. People would start lowballing each other just to get rid of their skins quicker etc etc.

Dont think Valve would do that. The only real way they could pull it off if they effectively shut down CSGO and tranfer all the economy over to the new game but then ppl would be like "bbbbut I bought CSGO volvo pls i wanna play"

baby

People might not immediately switch, but you can bet that everyone is gonna try to sell their skins as long as they're still worth something which in turn would crash the market pretty much. People would start lowballing each other just to get rid of their skins quicker etc etc.

Dont think Valve would do that. The only real way they could pull it off if they effectively shut down CSGO and tranfer all the economy over to the new game but then ppl would be like "bbbbut I bought CSGO volvo pls i wanna play"

they could definitely create a port system where you have the option to port individual skins between games. with steam it probably isnt that hard to do

MayMay

Banned
hmm.. yeah I didnt even think of that. You're right.
Lmao it's the simplest thing I did not think of.
They would not even need fancy porting options, just make it so that there's a single market for both games + shared inventory. So if you buy a skin in the CS Market you'd be able to use it in both games..

Edit: The only problem with that is the fact that they'd have to support both games, and update all the new skins, knives, music kits and whatever else we may get in the future into both of them. Which may or may not end up being alot of work and a dealbreaker.

All of that is hypothetical anyways, I think CSGO is gonna be a bit more like WoW in that it'll keep getting updated forever instead of completely replaced.

Pennywise

hmm.. yeah I didnt even think of that. You're right.
Lmao it's the simplest thing I did not think of.
They would not even need fancy porting options, just make it so that there's a single market for both games + shared inventory. So if you buy a skin in the CS Market you'd be able to use it in both games..

Edit: The only problem with that is the fact that they'd have to support both games, and update all the new skins, knives, music kits and whatever else we may get in the future into both of them. Which may or may not end up being alot of work and a dealbreaker.

All of that is hypothetical anyways, I think CSGO is gonna be a bit more like WoW in that it'll keep getting updated forever instead of completely replaced.

They wouldn't bother to keep up both at the same time, they might spend another operation and that's it.

I think they're gonna keep it for now, the userbase is big enough and there is still alot of money to earn.

Like they would give a shit about it.

Obviously the value of skins and other stuff would go down right away, but those things wouldn't be worthless overnight.
The transition to a new CS would take some time, at least half a year for the majority of the player base switching over.
Unless they really did well and it's already working like the community wants it to.

Btw.
Instead of the shitty port on steam, you should rather get Disgaea 5 on PS4.
A bit more expensive, but far more polished.

MayMay

Banned
Like they would give a shit about it.

Oh they do, the CSGO economy is earning them a fortune

Btw.
Instead of the shitty port on steam, you should rather get Disgaea 5 on PS4.
A bit more expensive, but far more polished.

I actually own Disgaea 5 on PS4, but I havent touched it yet because I felt like waiting for the first one to release on Steam was the logical thing to do. Now that it ended up being a shit port I don't know anymore though :(

I removed my autoexec.cfg file and the "offline with bots" loaded immediately without a hitch. I put it back in the directory and it didn't load. I commented out some very common network commands and now it works.

What the heck, it never did this before? It was the following lines:

rate 128000
cl_cmdrate 128
cl_updaterate 128
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_disablehtmlmotd 1
hud_scaling 1

frbrr

cl_cmdrate "128"
cl_updaterate "128"
rate "128000"
cl_interp "0.0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"

I have those in my autoexec and it works just fine

Oh they do, the CSGO economy is earning them a fortune

I actually own Disgaea 5 on PS4, but I havent touched it yet because I felt like waiting for the first one to release on Steam was the logical thing to do. Now that it ended up being a shit port I don't know anymore though :(

Who said that? It's a barebones port, but it's exactly like the other versions. I don't think that's shit.

MayMay

Banned
Who said that? It's a barebones port, but it's exactly like the other versions. I don't think that's shit.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-pc-port-of-disgaea-is-an-absolute-mess-344192.phtml

Apparently it runs really shitty for some people, etc. How is it running for you?

I removed my autoexec.cfg file and the "offline with bots" loaded immediately without a hitch. I put it back in the directory and it didn't load. I commented out some very common network commands and now it works.

What the heck, it never did this before? It was the following lines:

rate 128000
cl_cmdrate 128
cl_updaterate 128
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_disablehtmlmotd 1
hud_scaling 1

Yeah that's really weird, I have all of them set up just like you except hud_scaling. I put that one in as well, loaded up my game and tested it out and it worked just fine.

I own all of the Disgaeas, never played them, started at D5 and im loving it so far.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-pc-port-of-disgaea-is-an-absolute-mess-344192.phtml

Apparently it runs really shitty for some people, etc. How is it running for you?

Yeah that's really weird, I have all of them set up just like you except hud_scaling. I put that one in as well, loaded up my game and tested it out and it worked just fine.

Running fine. No problem on my end. Just don't turn on SSAO and the mouse option is a bit half assed, but you can always run with keyboard and controller.

My rig is just a 4670k at 3.4 atm with a 960 gtx.

Yeah it's really bothering me. It still crashes for me now (the one that loaded must have been a fluke).

Oh well...

impact

Banned
0kLXLoa.jpg

i can't hold all these Ls

gg

I seem to be getting worse each time we play lol.

46a931f22b.jpg

As if that TK would tilt me. I'm used to playing on Dust2 with Ruskies who act like Vinka. Just whatever, continue playing the next round as if nothing happened. :D Your ace was good though.

Don't let them do this to you. You start taking the bomb and you'll never get away from it. GRAB THE BOMB, PUSH!, LITTLEWORM PLANT THE BOMB, WHY DID YOU DIE YOU GOTTA CLEAR THE SITE!.

Also Omega/Baby plz unban me i wont mention the thing that shall not be named!

Controller.
Nah see. I could at least hit shots before and nag kills.

I've literally had moments when I had the jump on people, start shooting, miss, they turn around, and kill me after I failed a spray.

It's actually getting really frustrating because it sucks regressing so much and playing as well as I was back in July. All those improvements I made to try and go up from a 6RWS player to 9 are just gone. :/ just sucks knowing I'm losing games only because I can't hold a site anymore, and can't retake or entry or trade frag.

Top Bottom