• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

I know you're probably joking (maybe not, you do have a Halo 5 avatar), but I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and say CS:GO is a superior competitive FPS to Halo simply because Halo has aim assist and CS:GO doesn't. Sure, the aim assist might be minimal compared to previous Halo games, but it's still there. And why is it there? Because controllers suck for FPS games. That's why CS:GO players use a mouse and keyboard.

1v1 me with your keyboard and mouse, PC warrior.

tootsi666

I know you're probably joking (maybe not, you do have a Halo 5 avatar), but I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and say CS:GO is a superior competitive FPS to Halo simply because Halo has aim assist and CS:GO doesn't. Sure, the aim assist might be minimal compared to previous Halo games, but it's still there. And why is it there? Because controllers suck for FPS games. That's why CS:GO players use a mouse and keyboard.
I was joking, but what makes Halo great is what it achieves despite controller's limitations

Halo Finals managed to be worse than Cluj-Napoca

baby

Dq4TWd3.png

i, uh, dont think ill be around this week. hopefully can get this sorted out before i come back for the summer

baby

not sure, it's at my parents' new apartment so its not under my control. the connection is decent from common areas but my room/desk is the furthest away from the router as it gets. i think its around 20 or 30 down when i get close

i think they said comcast tho, had to switch off fios after they lied about covering our area

not sure, it's at my parents' new apartment so its not under my control. the connection is decent from common areas but my room/desk is the furthest away from the router as it gets. i think its around 20 or 30 down when i get close

i think they said comcast tho, had to switch off fios after they lied about covering our area

Comcast? RIP. Dont matter about FiOS since its going to shit at the moment. About to become Frontier FiOS at the end of the month haha (kill me please).

Try a repeater?

Got two slots open for MM if anyone wants to join. (in about 10min or so)

imBask

Banned
20 Mb/s cost about $80 a month here, and since everything is regulated like hell i'm guessing that 900 Mb/s would cost...(80*900/20)... $3600!

no but seriously I can't even imagine

impact

Banned
Yea but they just lost a bo3 to hunden

Like I know VP is annoying and sucks shit and has annoying 4 year old fans but G2 lost to hunden soooo.....

tootsi666

Do we expect ESL One Cologne to be the next Major after Columbus? I think it's a CSGO only event and 3 months after Columbus

Edit. VP are bad but G2 are worse, especially in Majors

Rivitur

Banned
Do we expect ESL One Cologne to be the next Major after Columbus? I think it's a CSGO only event and 3 months after Columbus

Edit. VP are bad but G2 are worse, especially in Majors
Well of its like last year the next major will be in August then another in November which doesn't make any fucking sense. Expect the last major go back to being DH Winter.

the people who play these games are just fucking aids, 3 games in a row with toxic teammates then a game on dust 2 with the other team abusing a bug to make the game 6v5.

Almost there with the big boys, got my 8th competitive win yesterday and my cooldown is done in two hours.

If I get two wins in a row again (10th win), do I have to wait for the cooldown once more or do I get my rank immediately and the ability to play a third game?

Rivitur

Banned
Almost there with the big boys, got my 8th competitive win yesterday and my cooldown is done in two hours.

If I get two wins in a row again (10th win), do I have to wait for the cooldown once more or do I get my rank immediately and the ability to play a third game?
Immediately and you get to play until you rage like so many of us.

Mokoi

Banned
the people who play these games are just fucking aids, 3 games in a row with toxic teammates then a game on dust 2 with the other team abusing a bug to make the game 6v5.
Idk man since u from da Wales i am inclined to believe you the toxic one.

Wish i could get Internets out at my place. Only option i got is sat with them shit data caps. Although if i did have it yall would no longer hear my train.

impact

Banned
I hate you. I really hope Fiber expands to Ogden in the future.

would you trade his internet for yours but you had to play CSGO with a controller only

100/100 is good enough for me to live in FL and ping good to anywhere in the US except cali servers or canadian servers (if these even exist lol canada)

MayMay

Banned
Hey he's got the sick risk/reward strats like pushing Inferno aps as CT and dying every round. ez LE

The post he tried to justify that in was hilarious.

Should someone tell Speedy that 3000 hours and LE is far from impressive?
That was the point of pointing out my hours played and my "handicaps" and saying "I'm a weird console kiddy." It's pretty damn obvious it's not impressive, but at the same time I don't give a fuck about getting better. I just want to play CS. Fuck warming up for 30 minutes/hours before playing. Fuck going into 10 mans "practicing". Fuck watching YouTube videos lesrning nades. Fuck staying alive at the end of the rounds. Literally I die almost every round I play, because I'm impatient and after holding a site and getting 2 kills, I say fuck it and just push T-spawn/mid and die. I don't care. I just wanna play CS. :)

3000 hours And I couldn't even smoke Xbox on Dust II, or smoke CT for a Mid to B. Or smoke Stairs, CT, Jungle, anything from T-ramp mirage. Lmao. I don't even know where to throw a smoke to smoke off CT ramp On Dust II, I'm sure even Silvers know how to do that.

I should be much better than I am, I could definitely be better than LE if I actually played with sound and cared, but I really don't. I could most definitely be GE if I used a mouse and keyboard, but I don't care. I'm happy being "decent". :)

Point of that was pointing out that using a "controller" isn't hard and I've been doing it for a long time and it's doable. I mean, I'm never going to go Pro, or semi-pro, but I could definitely reach GE with a Controller if I cared.

Hey he's got the sick risk/reward strats like pushing Inferno aps as CT and dying every round. ez LE

The post he tried to justify that in was hilarious.
I didn't know 10 maning with a "community of friends" was so damn serious. Lmao.

i don't play with sound :D

Can't believe you guys are still so angry about that. Not like I cost us an important round that decided $250,000 dollar LAN match. It was a 10 man to practice and have fun with a community of people I considered my friends. I wasn't aware it was some super serious thing. Do you want me to apologize? I will. :) I only played because I thought we were having fun and I thought I was welcomed. I wanted to be involved so I joined along and played with you guys on 150 ping trying to have fun. <3

I'm sorry I didn't know the bomb was being defused till someone said "He's sticking it." Lmao.

hey those CSGAF 10 mans are a fabulous display of raw pc gaming skill
damn right they are. EU CS GAF > NA CS GAF.

Top Bottom