• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

tootsi666

I wonder if s1mple's success in Liquid leads to top NA teams becoming truly international in the next few years. There is enough money in the scene right now

baby

i dont get how you can attribute liquids success to s1mple alone. he hasnt fragged as well on lan against teams that arent clg

s1mple bottom frags at the qualifiers: "what a learning experience"
s1mple frags barely better than elige, hiko, adren against fnatic: (no comment)
s1mple destroys clg: "might as well just rename the team to team s1mple because hes just leagues better than the rest of the team"

Most have only 1 imported player. Unless you mean teams like LG, TS and RNG

its just nrg with 2, liquid with 1, and coL with -1 (hes british)

so it averages at 2/3rds of an imported player per team with imported players

baby

sorry. what i meant to say is

i cant believe s1mple is actually just gods gift to counterstrike but it seems like it must be true

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
He's been consistently topfragging for Liquid tho, not only against CLG. His only bad showings since joining is the series against C9 at the IBP cup and the game against Hellraisers at the qualifiers. Other than that he's always at the top of the scoreboard

http://www.hltv.org/?pageid=173&playerid=7998&statsfilter=9
In 2016 he has a rating of 1.21 while the second best player on his team has 1.06.
His LAN rating is a bit skewed because one of the two LANs he played this year was by far the worst tournament of his career.

Same story in ESEA.
https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=stats&last_type_scope=league&game_id=25&sort_by=adr&sort_dir=desc&page=&type_scope=league&type_sub_scope=professional&d=overall&period[type]=seasons&period[season_start]=189&period[season_type]=regular+season&period[match_round]=&find_user_alias=

93 ADR while the second best player on his team has 77.
Massive difference

The only thing keeping s1mple from superstar status are his stupid decisions and careless peeks sometimes. If he can get that under control then he's a star. Also he needs to be the main Awper

JDB

Banned
He's been consistently topfragging for Liquid tho, not only against CLG. His only bad showings since joining is the series against C9 at the IBP cup and the game against Hellraisers at the qualifiers. Other than that he's always at the top of the scoreboard

In 2016 he has a rating of 1.21 while the second best player on his team has 1.06.
His LAN rating is a bit skewed because one of the two LANs he played this year was by far the worst tournament of his career.

Same story in ESEA.
https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=stats&last_type_scope=league&game_id=25&sort_by=adr&sort_dir=desc&page=&type_scope=league&type_sub_scope=professional&d=overall&period[type]=seasons&period[season_start]=189&period[season_type]=regular+season&period[match_round]=&find_user_alias=

Massive difference

The only thing keeping s1mple from superstar status are his stupid decisions and careless peeks sometimes. If he can get that under control then he's a star.

Liquid w/ stand in adreN allows him to make dumber decision than tarik and get away with it. He's great but there's a reason he never accomplished anything until playing for Liquid, and there's a reason Liquid with koosta is average at best

People make it sound like he took an open team and made them Top 4.

baby

Same story in ESEA.

Massive difference

The only thing keeping s1mple from superstar status are his stupid decisions and careless peeks sometimes. If he can get that under control then he's a star. Also he needs to be the main Awper

according to hltv, the only lans s1mple has attended (**with liquid**) are the qualifier and the major. that means hes played a total of 6 maps on lan (2 at the "fluke bad performance" of the qualifer, 2 in groups, 2 vs clg) of which he has significantly outfragged his teammates in a total of 1, being the stomp against clg. assuming the qualifier was a fluke, he bottom fragged against faze, top fragged by 5 on fnatic, and finally stomped clg.

and im choosing to ignore esea because every time i try and argue that online results matter i get handwaived in this thread

and second on his team is adreN with 1.20, not hiko with 1.07

my bad, read that wrong, in 2016 his rating for lans with liquid is 1.09, while hiko and adren have 1.15 and 1.14 respectively

Frostburn

Wow what a day of CS, Astralis looked so strong against fnatic! Definitely not able to get a Gold Pick 'em now. Liquid with that come back against CLG made for a fairly exciting game to watch. Looking forward to the last quarterfinal game tomorrow with my bet on Luminosity.

shira

CfC1rCsUMAAJcJV.jpg:large

Euro > NA

cHinzo

Hoping for VP to win. This might be the day of disappointment with Astralis in the semis and Liquid most likely against VP. D;

impact

Banned
51 points right now, need all 3 to get gold wet floor sign

I have NaVi and LG right now but I might flop to the choking danes

I met Mikaelele and got a picture with him.

Only NiP members I got signatures of are Mikaelele and Fifflren. Good enough :D

Really good I meet F0rest and GeT_RiGhT as well.

Top Bottom