• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

baby

Online odds will be tasty this week on ESL pro league. Teams that came from the major will be playing like shit.

yea i remember this trend, specifically when ibp came home from the major to play the esteemed netcodeguides................

Hixx

anyone want to play a 10 man tonight

0389_oz618.gif

Hixx

i wasnt being serious

but, uh, if we actually get 10 i will play. but if theres not 10 in the server ~10 mins after the time i will never play again

dear americans just presume "tonight" is eu "tonight" because its cs ok

baby

should get an american 10 man going, fuck these bernie sanders butter and cheese sandwich eating fucks

american 10 mans arent organized, they happen by chance when someone says "woah, we have like 9 dudes in mumble can we find one more"

>tfw you think were entering a better era for esports and esl says SIKE

MayMay

Banned
Might as well give it a shot, maybe it'll work better than yesterday if we have a set time for everyone to be ready.

Soooo, 10man at midnight CEST which is roughly 2 hours and 35 minutes from this post.

Confrontation
Mayhem
Hixx
Penny
Overdoziz

Reserve:
Quiche
Rob (if he's awake, so maybe/probably)

Edit: Aight, 2 late bitches :p

I'm just happy NiP was nice enough to do this. :) I'm not joking when I said I only went to MLG Columbus cause I wanted to meet NiP, so I was a little sad when I never saw them all event, but what can you do. The fact that NiP was willing to randomly contact me and offer to send me a package makes it all worth it :D

SBD what is NiP offering?
They said a package, not sure what will be in it, maybe they'll give me a mouse so I can actually play this game properly now :D

Also, fun story at MLG Columbus.

While boarding my second flight from Detroit to Columbus, I randomly talked to this Man from Switzerland, asking him "Hey man, is this flight boarding already?". He responded "Yeah we're starting to board.", and I noticed his accent, so I just asked him "Hey man, I'm gonna guess, you're European and heading to Columbus, you play Counter-Strike?"

We then actually sat behind each other, and the plane wasn't full so I just asked the flight attendant if I can move seats, so we sat next to each other and talked for an hour. He mentioned he was renting a car and he couldn't check into his hotel until 3PM, and I told him I also couldn't check in till 3PM. He mentioned how he was gonna go to the Arena just to check out the parking by it/food places by it before the event starts, and since my whole plan was "Arrive at Columbus at 8AM, Uber to the hotel and wait in the lobby for 7 hours until I can check in." I asked the guy if he would mind if tag along with him in his rental car. He said yes, we went to the starbucks by the NationWide Arena, he grabbed his Laptop and iPad, and we watched Match 1 and 2 of NiP vs Mouse.

At that point we were up on time of the paid parking we got, so he offered to drive me to my hotel at 1pm, even though I told him he could leave me anywhere and I"ll just Uber. He gave me a ride to my hotel, they let me check in early, and I invited him in and we watched the last game of NiP vs Mous at my hotel.

On the last day of the Event, Sunday, he messaged me saying Maniac (an old friend of his) offered to let him into the After Party where all the players were hanging out, and he invited me to go. Sadly I couldn't go, cause I'm not 21 and they were serving Alcohol, but the thought was nice. :D Would have loved to gone and met all the Pros in a more casual environment.

We saw each other occasionally at the event, but not much. We hung out on Monday at the airport for 3 hours, where we saw G2, and him knowing French, went up with me and talked to the G2 guys and asked them to sign my jersey for me, and before we said our farewells (He flew an hour and a half before my flight) he gave me one of the 4 pins he managed to buy, refusing to accept the $60 the pin cost or even the $10 he paid for the pin.

So, shout out to the random guy from Switzerland who saved me $40 in Uber Trips, gave me a free $60 pin, helped me get signatures with G2, and also invited me to the MLG After Party. Really warms my heart that he was so friendly to an absolute stranger like me. <3

frbrr

solo queue keeps getting worse

this time I had to get four 1v3 clutches just to stop my russian team from throwing a 5v4 game by rushing into T spawn on inferno

Rivitur

Banned

this time I had to get four 1v3 clutches just to stop my russian team from throwing a 5v4 game by rushing into T spawn on inferno
You need me bb, the Euros call me the EU Slayer or is the the friendship Slayer....hmmm

Iorv3th

Yeah I am on NA so it's not that bad. But I got ranked up to MG2 last night. Played today carried both games but still lose, so 2 losses and deranked. One game we had a bot and another guy spin botting for a few rounds.

Maybe it will be easy to get back though....maybe.

Iorv3th

Does anyone still need to do the co-op missions or have a desire to do them? I need it to get the gold medal, already done with the single player stuff.

Rivitur

Banned
Does anyone still need to do the co-op missions or have a desire to do them? I need it to get the gold medal, already done with the single player stuff.
I'll help ya out contact me on steam I'm on the csgaf group or steamcommunity.com/id/cupofstfu

tootsi666

pro league didnt just invite random teams, they just renamed esea invite and invited 1 other team
They invited teams from ESL's previous league and ESEA invite and some teams that played in neither (NiP, f3). First season of EEPL had 6/9 teams from previous ESEA invite season and 7/16 teams from previous ESL Pro League (some teams played in both). It wasn't just renamed ESEA invite in anyway

impact

Banned
not everyone follows shit teams that never make it to majors

I know rugi likes tier 5 meme teams but I don't. I don't watch NCAA, D league or pre-season either ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Top Bottom