• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

rugioh

Banned
Take it to Politics Off-Topic GAF please. I don't want to have to worry about saying shit that will get me banished to the shadow realm here

baby

Take it to Politics Off-Topic GAF please. I don't want to have to worry about saying shit that will get me banished to the shadow realm here

you literally cant get banned in this thread. the image i posted of the dude fucking a hot pocket was the one that got overdoziz permabanned in another thread.

also ofc the dude who plays with a controller both supports crimes against humanity and lived in the oc

you literally cant get banned in this thread. the image i posted of the dude fucking a hot pocket was the one that got overdoziz permabanned in another thread.

also ofc the dude who plays with a controller both supports crimes against humanity and lived in the oc
Where do you think my love for Beamers came from. c:

Paying $700 a month for insurance on a Beamer... Fuck off.

tootsi666

3 finnish teams in the closed qualifiers. I have no idea how Desperados made it through, I don't think they are even a top 4 finnish team. I'm preparing to be disappointed when none of them make it to the Minor tomorrow.

impact

Banned
played against cJ-dA-ChEaT, his cheating friend marved, ocean and FGB in esea. cJ started bitching when we made a run and got rounds of course, and we ended up getting 10 which is more than I get against most random people in MM. go figure

rank S is easier than SMFC/GE MM confirmed

baby can you un-die so we can play one again sometime, thx

baby

played against cJ-dA-ChEaT, his cheating friend marved, ocean and FGB in esea. cJ started bitching when we made a run and got rounds of course, and we ended up getting 10 which is more than I get against most random people in MM. go figure

rank S is easier than SMFC/GE MM confirmed

baby can you un-die so we can play one again sometime, thx

im gonna lose my premium before finals are over :p

or actually tomorrow. ill probably be around most of today tho

Faceit TV American caster is an idiot.

Just the random cringey things he does during matches:
"Bum bum bum, doo doo doo dum dum....it's a good song."

Why do these childish dummies get casting jobs? I wanna watch some CS, but have to listen to someone being stupid.

baby

Faceit TV American caster is an idiot.

Just the random cringey things he does during matches:
"Bum bum bum, doo doo doo dum dum....it's a good song."

Why do these childish dummies get casting jobs? I wanna watch some CS, but have to listen to someone being stupid.

not to be rude but does it matter

JDB

Banned
If it was Sadokist I can definitely agree that his small talk and banter is pretty terrible. Good when he's actually casting, though.

baby

i cant believe youre complaining about someone else being a child

if it bothers you, it takes one click to mute it

baby

Not entirely sure why you're being so defensive.

at first i was being dismissive because he felt the need to whine about something inconsequential then this dude starts actin superior callin people children and callin me stupid so how do you expect me to act

at first i was being dismissive because he felt the need to whine about something inconsequential then this dude starts actin superior callin people children and callin me stupid so how do you expect me to act

Didn't call you stupid, you just pointed out the obvious. Any "complaint" or negative opinion could be waved away with the hand saying "it's just your opinion. Other people might enjoy it."

Yes, yes I know.

This is a business and something thousands of people watch. Humor is fine, but when you are distracting the audience with nonsense and childish mouth noises/etc you aren't contributing and you are objectively hurting the intended experience. You can even tell other casters are made uncomfortable and awkward by it.

It would be cool to actually experience the game, hear the audio of the game and feel the tension/pressure, not hear childish nonsense. Also, if I mute the stream I can't hear anything. That's not a great solution.

If calling something childish is so painful for you, I'm sorry.

JDB

Banned
We should just get Walshy and Puckett to cast a CS:GO match.

baby

Didn't call you stupid, you just pointed out the obvious. Any "complaint" or negative opinion could be waved away with the hand saying "it's just your opinion. Other people might enjoy it."

Yes, yes I know.

This is a business and something thousands of people watch. Humor is fine, but when you are distracting the audience with nonsense and childish mouth noises/etc you aren't contributing and you are objectively hurting the intended experience. You can even tell other casters are made uncomfortable and awkward by it.

It would be cool to actually experience the game, hear the audio of the game and feel the tension/pressure, not hear childish nonsense. Also, if I mute the stream I can't hear anything. That's not a great solution.

If calling something childish is so painful for you, I'm sorry.

i just think youre being ridiculous. "yes i understand that other people might enjoy it, but heres why what I enjoy is correct"

youre asking the tournament organizers to cater to you and people like you specifically
clearly if they hired a humorous caster, humor is part of their "intended experience."

sorry csgo streams arent just the way you like them goldilocks

i just think youre being ridiculous. "yes i understand that other people might enjoy it, but heres why what I enjoy is correct"

youre asking the tournament organizers to cater to you and people like you specifically
clearly if they hired a humorous caster, humor is part of their "intended experience."

sorry csgo streams arent just the way you like them goldilocks

Ridiculous. I doubt I'm the only one with this opinion. People in the twitch chat were typing "cringe" and "please be quiet." As immature as Twitch chat usually gets, I think that's telling. This was the same guy in the 1v1 tournie that just wouldn't stop talking and making really immature/unfunny jokes. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

I was just expressing my own surprise that childish behavior is considered okay for casters. And yes, I don't like it and I'm surprised that so many apparently do?

Sorry I shared an opinion and a frustration on a forum where people share opinions, which can include frustrations.

So sorry.

rugioh

Banned
Lmao at gold novas coming into the thread and questioning baby on his intellect. Sadokist is shit but I just mute the stream and go on with my life. Only casters I can tolerate are DDK/James, maybe Blu/Moses

Omikron

CS rank directly proportional to the validity of your opinion on the childishness of CSGO casters.

Amazing.

I am with Fahzgoolin though. Is just an opinion.

IMO there needs to be more diversity in the people doing the casting in general. All the bigger events are covered by the same people. Look at the Asian Minor that is this week, all Euros covering it.

impact

Banned
Lmao at gold novas coming into the thread and questioning baby on his intellect. Sadokist is shit but I just mute the stream and go on with my life. Only casters I can tolerate are DDK/James, maybe Blu/Moses

no lies detected

and yea sadokist is a shit caster that knows absolutely nothing about CS. mute the casters and put music on. the same way you deal with shitty annoying teammates.

frbrr

I watched most of the cevo/gfinity thing on their beta player where you could choose to have game audio only
much better experience

Mokoi

Banned
Idk when it happened, but i cant watcj a match with casters. Glad gotv is fucking beautiful now for majors.

Also god damm these mobile ads are bigger than babies intelligence.

baby

Idk when it happened, but i cant watcj a match with casters. Glad gotv is fucking beautiful now for majors.

Also god damm these mobile ads are bigger than babies intelligence.

i got into the habit of muting casters back when dust was one of esea's casters and i dont think ill stop soon, i just think its stupid to act like event organizers are doing something objectively wrong by hiring casters that are community figures simply because you think theyre too childish

ill listen to casters when they hire vin scully

impact

Banned
dust mourett is seriously the worst

sometimes I just shut the stream off altogether rather than give a dust commentated stream +1 viewer

xezuru

Finally leveled enough to do competitive, only down hill from here.
Here goes 0% of 1.6 skillset transferring over.

Also, I only played a little of the maps and as a surface outsider, isn't this competitive map pool fucking ass?
Inferno used to be my favorite map in 1.6 and now it's kinda just pretty decent, but Nuke looks horrible, hate this version of D2, always hated Cbble so that's bias.
Atleast cpl_strike is still great and they actually made train kinda decent.

No idea about the last two, cache, and uhh overpass? Are those fun?

JDB

Banned

Also, I only played a little of the maps and as a surface outsider, isn't this competitive map pool fucking ass?
Inferno used to be my favorite map in 1.6 and now it's kinda just pretty decent, but Nuke looks horrible, hate this version of D2, always hated Cbble so that's bias.

I think everybody except baby agrees that the current Inferno is pretty shite. Valve literally just took it out of the official map pool so it will probably get an overhaul. Nuke took its place, but hasn't gotten any layout updates yet since it was released to the public. What do you dislike about CS:GO's D2?

Cache is really straight-forward and solid map. Personally I have a lot of fun on Overpass, but the layout is relatively complex so it's not for everybody.

xezuru

What do you dislike about CS:GO's D2?

Cache is really straight-forward and solid map. Personally I have a lot of fun on Overpass, but the layout is relatively complex so it's not for everybody.

Basically imo, in layout and strategy potential it's as static and boring as it was 10 thousand years ago, but now they basically took out literally half the cover of the map from 1.6, my preference in maps always using the environment for counter play to try to get those semi-1v1s. It just feels like dust2 but emptier shrug, seems like it makes the map/game more pick based than play based and I don't like that notion.

impact

Banned
most people who played 1.5/1.6 don't play inferno/dust2 in this game

inferno is just bad and d2 is boring and stale (not to mention most cheaters play this bad map 24/7)

JDB

Banned
Basically imo, in layout and strategy potential it's as static and boring as it was 10 thousand years ago, but now they basically took out literally half the cover of the map from 1.6, my preference in maps always using the environment for counter play to try to get those semi-1v1s. It just feels like dust2 but emptier shrug, seems like it makes the map/game more pick based than play based and I don't like that notion.
Can you give some examples where they removed cover? I've only played the 1.6 version like twice and looking at screenshots it looks functionally the same. Some spots like 1.6 A-site even look like they have less cover than in GO.

cHinzo

You should try Cache. It's pretty fun. Also maybe try Mirage?

I miss the possibility to wallbang on Dust2 the most. Especially from long to upper mid, mid doors and B to tunnel. The cars are a waste of space and they could open up the sky box to give players more options for fakes and executes. Imagine if they opened up the skybox above tunnels to B. You can finally smoke off parts of the B for entry and flash over the tunnels straight into B site. I also moss the orange/brown-ish look from 1.6, but that might be personal taste. CS:GO's Dust2 feels almost as dead as Cache, but that map is getting a textures update.

They haven't implemented changes yet to the new Nuke, so that's just wait and see how that one's turn out.

Can you give some examples where they removed cover? I've only played the 1.6 version like twice and looking at screenshots it looks functionally the same. Some spots like 1.6 A-site even look like they have less cover than in GO.

A site ramp had a box which covered your whole body from long, instead of still showing your head in the CS:GO version. They also reversed the left wall near CT in CS:GO's version which you can now use to popflash people coming from A long. In 1.6's version you could use that part of the wall as cover. The actual A site in CS:GO should have more cover though when running from cat to A, but most of them are just unnecessary since it doesn't help you make the cross and are just there for more clutter on the map. Last thing I remember is the boost up to the top left box on CT side. It was a pretty cool spot to hold mid from, but it's hardly useable in CS:GO's version.

xezuru

Pretty sure A-Site was a little bit higher so you could crouch on bomb X and kinda have full cover at halfish way down long and the bomb box setup was 3 in a triangle so it had full standing cover that you could use for angling long or cat. Long cars used to have a huge box that let you take a tight or deeper angle to cover long with more variance. Up the stairs Cat the box used to be doublebox height cover so you could play a little more confident with the standing cover and be able to jump off pseudo safely. B Sniper and Car Nook used to have double boxes as well. Stuff like this along with corners alleys being a decent amount wider as well.

You should try Cache. It's pretty fun. Also maybe try Mirage?
I miss the possibility to wallbang on Dust2 the most. Especially from long to upper mid, mid doors and B to tunnel.
Mirage is what used to be de_cpl_strike and it seems like it's still damn solid.
Is there no cpl_mill equivalent?

Definitely added more flavor than it probably deserves.
You could wallbang ct spawn straight above to cat around box area.
You could wallbang B-Side cars and the double door corner nook.
You could wallbang B-site wall.
and my favorite, with an AWP only you can technically wallbang from lower inner stairs to a b-site platbox angle.

Top Bottom