• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Lmao the thread on Gaming Side about Twitch chat.

Honestly, I fucking love Twitch chat, because of how fucking stupid it is. I don't know, I think seeing people spam "BOT ALLU GOD ALLU" is what made me start loving ALLU so much in the first place.

Maybe it's because I know the chat is just trolling and spamming memes, so I don't take offense too it, but seeing people spam "FAT" when Hiko comes out, "PIG" when JW comes out, "VAC" when Flusha comes out, "SEX HER" when Pansy comes out, "KappaPride" when HenryG and Sadokist come out, etc doesn't do anything for me... I know it's bullying and "offending"... But the targeted people are either "okay" with it or don't see it, and really... Really... It doesn't signify anything. The spam and shit disappear after a 20 seconds when Twitch start spamming BOT DEVICE when a dumb play happens... I don't know... I don't think it's that bad.

having their screen names, can they be ganged up on and harassed?

These scumbags do what they do because there's no repercussions. No price to pay. Well, there needs to be one, and if these companies won't police this shit, then it's up to the community to parade the offender's names with screenshots depicting what they've said.

The toxicity needs to end, and if its by harassing the shit out of these pricks until they quit, then so be it. I'm tired of this trash bringing their vile mindset to the hobby.

Like... Fuck bro I don't think Twitch Chat being toxic and stupid is worth getting this in arms about. It's just blind stupidity being thrown in the air for 10 seconds before it's gone. Not hard to just "wow these fucking idiots/bigots, ignore."

I don't know. Maybe I'm just an asshole?

if that line isn't proof that the whole SBD character is a novelty account then I don't know what is
You don't think watching pro CS would be boring if it was just a stream with no Twitch Chat? There are very few matches (Usually only NiP/majors) that I watch Full Screen because I'm so involved that I don't want to see chat. Even then that's more so to avoid the spoilers in chat (10-8 HLTV CONFIRMED)

I still exit the full screen and look at chat when big plays happens to see the VAC/ WALLEN/ GOD FALLEN spam. Shits fun. Honestly I dislike watching ECS matches because FaceIt always has sub mode on, and seeing 5 people discussing a match in chat is boring as fuck.

7C6150DAD95A9DF4492D84C850902323CD0A0E59

5BBA3239DBC445A5B06BF3AC8440BA7A0B71BA26

Fuck this game. :( Got a fucking entry for us almost every round but no one was ever willing to trust me enough to take a site with me. :(

Least I know I'm definitely gonna be back up to DMG/Eagle soon. :D

Got this nice round as well:

https://youtu.be/EL9shE_pAQ4?t=23

impact

Banned
Upgraded to a 144hz monitor yesterday... Oh man, there's no going back with a game like CSGO.

make sure you're hooking it up with DVI-D, make sure you set your monitor properties to 144hz and make sure you put -refresh 144 in your launch options

congrats, you're already better than speedybluedude

ACE 1991

make sure you're hooking it up with DVI-D, make sure you set your monitor properties to 144hz and make sure you put -refresh 144 in your launch options

congrats, you're already better than speedybluedude

Yeah, I've got it hooked up via display port and my monitor is set to 144. I didn't know about the launch options trick, does it not run at 144 without it?

impact

Banned
Yeah, I've got it hooked up via display port and my monitor is set to 144. I didn't know about the launch options trick, does it not run at 144 without it?

the launch option is just there to force the game in 144 every time, I'd rather be safe than sorry

I have +mat_queue_mode 2 in there for the same reason

So I came home from work today and my beautiful 55 inch 1080p TV is dead. :( Now I can't play CS or anything. :(

So I need a new TV now, I don't really play my consoles anymore, and the only thing I watch on TV is RAW every now and then. So I think I'm only going to be buying a TV to play Counter-Strike. Think a 4k TV would help in CS? The extra pixels/clarity would help spotting people better?

Right now I'm looking at this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/4213306.p?id=1219707301732&skuId=4213306

Seems like the response time is even faster than my current TV (50 -> 40) so that should be nice as well.

Is CSGO optimized and nice at 4k? Or should I just save myself the money and but another nice 1080p TV?

Reven

So I came home from work today and my beautiful 55 inch 1080p TV is dead. :( Now I can't play CS or anything. :(

So I need a new TV now, I don't really play my consoles anymore, and the only thing I watch on TV is RAW every now and then. So I think I'm only going to be buying a TV to play Counter-Strike. Think a 4k TV would help in CS? The extra pixels/clarity would help spotting people better?

Right now I'm looking at this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...lack/4213306.p?id=1219707301732&skuId=4213306

Seems like the response time is even faster than my current TV (50 -> 40) so that should be nice as well.

Is CSGO optimized and nice at 4k? Or should I just save myself the money and but another nice 1080p TV?

Seriously. Just. Fucking. Stop.

This troll bullshit became old a long time ago. There is no getting better at this game for you since you handicapped yourself from the start. You need a keyboard and mouse before an upgraded TV.

But, to actually answer the question: a high refresh rate is far more important for CS than 4K.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
i feel like the kill 3 team mates = get banned rule is stupid in a 5 stack, like the idea is you're all queued together why would valve police your shit?

I got banned in an office game because I killed one team mate by accident, one team mate for laughs (not just me we were all laughing after all we were queued together) and then I got banned after I killed a guy with my shotgun but the cone hit my friend on the side who had 2 hp.

Like I get why the thing is there and it makes sense but when you're queued with your friends i don't really see the point.

Sajjaja

i feel like the kill 3 team mates = get banned rule is stupid in a 5 stack, like the idea is you're all queued together why would valve police your shit?

I got banned in an office game because I killed one team mate by accident, one team mate for laughs (not just me we were all laughing after all we were queued together) and then I got banned after I killed a guy with my shotgun but the cone hit my friend on the side who had 2 hp.

Like I get why the thing is there and it makes sense but when you're queued with your friends i don't really see the point.

You would be surprised how many people in this thread do that to each other just to piss them off lol. Even in a 5 queue of gaffers.

brev it's all about LG these days

Don't worry we are cheering for LG. Arnie and Ludono made a bet with some guys in front of us. If LG win the group in front are paying for a round of drinks. If nip win Arnie and Ludono are buying rounds for them. Arnie is already getting pretty wrecked. This is going to be a long day haha.

Hixx

Don't worry we are cheering for LG. Arnie and Ludono made a bet with some guys in front of us. If LG win the group in front are paying for a round of drinks. If nip win Arnie and Ludono are buying rounds for them. Arnie is already getting pretty wrecked. This is going to be a long day haha.

Ez drinks

Just seen you getting a pic with sadokist on stream.

Remember when NiP started announcing their 2016 roster, and the first player they announced was Xizt, and everyone was angry because "Xizt can't hang with GeT_RiGhT and F0rest skill wise".

Yeah... Xizt is a fucking god. Always has been a god when not on the IGL lease. ThreaT coming in and letting Xizt be a mad fragger is beautiful.

You guys are actually at the event? Neat.

Yeah it's really fucking good. The talent are just walking around and being super nice. Also the people here seem to be cool considering how toxic the CS community is! I think Arnie and Ludono are the most toxic, they keep screaming at some VP fans two/three rows in front of us haha. They've managed to make friends already though!

I just jumped into a comp game and had idlemaster running in the background, forgot about it.

am i already dead? I had a really good game but our team lost horribly. I had like 25 frags and did get a 4k in an early round. I mostly did well in the first 5 rounds. IDK if it even matters.

GOD XIZT

6 for 20
It's aight. Part of NiP magic is XIZT comes alive if God_RiGhT and F0rest don't.

NiP could have had the game if they had just a few more rounds to work with on T-side. Getting down to 15-5 really made it hard. Even just the pistol round win on T-side would have given them that lee-way to work with.

Either way, good game. Hard to beat LG when Fallen is on hacking. NiP did good.

Least I don't have to watch anymore of this tournament! :D Fnatic vs LG, boring.

Also, it's complete utter bullshit that NiP gets fucked out of this tournament because they're the best team in the League. -> top the league -> finish first in their group, best team in the world plays against the second best team in the Tourney, LG, in Semi-finals.

While Fnatic gets rewarded and plays fucking G2 for losing their group... Lol. NiP should have at least had a Map Advantage/Veto advantage for their efforts.

Top Bottom