• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
EU queue

86715b5cfa.jpg

Already feel like abandoning lol. All private profiles too.

MayMay

Banned
Went about as well as expected for a EU soloqueue, lost like 4-16 against team cyka bljat.

I got an ace tho!

Not sure what happened there, these ppl have the gamesense of 10 year olds (while they were all LE). After I killed 2 ppl the third still didnt know where I was so I could knife him easily. lol.

Yeah. Not sure how a team like that ended up crushing mine.

I'm still surprised I even got an Ace, because at that point in the game I had already given up.

http://webm.host/a5b05/vid.webm

bidguy

Banned
That may have been me. Or maybe it was make frag movie. Idk just post it bruh and moko guides will help. but not right now im pooped out.

okey heres the link

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-jEVXn-JtRTK-ZdOJM-iWyCT-DmAEB

i sucked really hard in the beginning though

im no biceps btw

Omega

Banned
Rainbow Siege Siege has host migrations lolololol

Truly the defining esport title. RIP CS, too little too late with your hitbox fix.

Hilarious, man. Especially if it's coming from the guy that is basically never forced to play outside of his region, always with nice 5-30 ping (compared to my 120-180).

Neither are you. You choose to.

Also yeah, lets just pretend that when I have played with EU I dont top frag or second frag most of the time. most recently, Pete and I topfragging both matches playing with chinzo/ludono/divius on EU servers was all a dream

Mokoi

Banned
okey heres the link

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-jEVXn-JtRTK-ZdOJM-iWyCT-DmAEB
im no biceps btw
Yeah I'll take look after work too. Although at that rank just work on your aim and you can dominate unless your decision making is really fucking dumb.

Omega

Banned
okey heres the link

im no biceps btw

watched a few rounds..

Maybe it's because you're not confident in your ability, or maybe you're just trying to protect your K/D, but you clearly don't like being the first person pushing onto a site. You don't even like being the second person.

Often times your teammates are pushing onto a site and you're behind them, but you're barely watching the flank and you're never really in a position to trade kill either. I forgot what rank you said you were, but since you're going to be playing like that, you should flash for your teammates (but let them know so you don't team flash) and learn to put yourself in a position to trade kill and/or watch the flank.

You had a Long spawn a couple of rounds and you just played it way too passively by sitting at doors.. You have to take advantage of that stuff and get control of long.

It's good that you don't waste your life and put your team at a numbers disadvantage though.

Wall vision.

Nah, I am Supreme. Wouldn't have gotten this far if I gave up every time someone better killed me.

Exactly. No one gives a shit about hacking in anything lower than DMG. And no one is fucking blatant about it at high ranks. They wall and obviously pretend not to know where you are until it matters, so as to hide it from camera. I'm sorry with all the swearing, I am frustrated about the issue. I don't know why Valve still hasn't improved this VAC bullshit.
I don't quite pay attention to whether a person is cheating or not unless it's extremely blatant.I feel those who hides it could be outskilled since they reached my ranks with cheats. I'll fight and take the loss and move on. I hardly check if a person gets banned. I do check demos to see what they are doing that game.

MayMay

Banned
Uh-oh! - seems like I angered the gods lol

It probably won't amount to much, but its something:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe...popflash_10_now_open_to_all_players_128_tick/

New free 128-tick pug client just opened up for all users. It isn't ESEA obviously but if you hate lpkane/Torbull (like me) or want something for free it might be worth looking into

Looks interesting, not sure about the longevity of such a website though with FaceIt/ESEA/CEVO as competitors

frbrr

rugioh

Banned
Rumour is that ESEA is being bought by MTG and those guys are both going away
think I heard it on by the numbers

MTG?

Looks interesting, not sure about the longevity of such a website though with FaceIt/ESEA/CEVO as competitors

Wouldn't consider FaceIT in NA competition in any form lol. Would be interesting to see how it stacks up against CEVO's client with a decent following though.

rugioh

Banned
thanks guys really appreciate it

Alright watching now, will put notes in as I go through:

1st round - You should try to take corners as far away from the corner itself as possible to give yourself the greatest opportunity to react and do damage, since you took the corner so close you peeked into two unfortunately. You guys were kinda screwed there but I'll just bring up little things that I see, hopefully I don't sound too nitpicky. Also when the CT got the first pick in lower your team can't let him get away unpunished.
3rd round - This might be a theme for most for most of the demo, but try to make things happen if the CTs are engaging with your teammates at other ends of the map. At the very least you could clear out the obvious angles and start to walk your way up long as your teammate is getting pooped on in mid.
4th round - Unfortunately whomever threw that long cross smoke threw an AWFUL one. You should always buy smoke in case your teammates don't know how to throw proper ones at vital chokepoints if you can
5th round - Try to make a habit out of remembering the spots that people are playing. The prior rounds you guys went long suggests that they play one in the A site and one around elevator, which you guys can exploit if you get control of catwalk in this half going forward.
8th round - Spread the map. There is no need for 4 guys to be huddled around long A doors, even if you're rushing. Try to get control of another part of the map so you don't get quickflanked from some other area of the map.
10th - After the plant, go cover an angle that isn't being covered. There was an awper already watching long, you should go retake cat control with your teammate and kill the other rotator.
11th - You never want to be standing out in the open watching an angle if you can help it due to lag compensation/peekers advantage. The aggressor turning the corner is given a few extra ms of reaction time to kill you due to the nature of the physics in the netcode. Peek in and peek out every few seconds, if you see them then you can commit to the kill or opt to duck back into cover. Also your crosshair is staring at the floor a lot. Keep it around chest/head level a few centimeters away from the corner you expect the person to come from, so you don't need to move it to react. Just click and control spray.
12th - Don't turn your back away from potential engagements. You did it once earlier in this half too.

CT SIDE
16th- You should either watch the tunnels from the boxes in site, or from the platform. You absolutely need cover, taking a straight up close range engagement with 3-4 T's glocks running in tunnels is the worst thing you could do haha.
17th- Don't really like that angle on an anti-eco, or even a gunround if you don't smoke the tunnels. Should try to make it to back site/platform even if they saw you, buy a little bit of utility to help you get there like a smoke or molotov or something.
19th - That smoke isn't good, at all lol. Just casually lob the smoke into tunnels on the run, on your way to back site/plat. Also when your flanking teammate died long you should react immediately that they could likely go B.
23rd - Got kinda lucky getting two there, but as I said you don't usually want to just stand still watching an angle because of how easy it is as a terrorist to round the corner and shoot you before lag compensation allows you to react. In time you might have been able to get even more if you threw a flash after the first kill, hid, then repeeked. Would have stalled them a few more seconds at least.
25th - You need to wait for your recoil to reset, a lot of times I see you running while shooting 3-4 bursts when you get rushed. Learn to control the full sprays when you get a chance.

Overall I'd say you could use some more DM practice, but it seems like you're getting the hang of things. I'd say you need to be more active on the map on both sides though. Go into an empty server and practice clearing common spots that CTs are playing at, and learn how to use grenades to give you advantageous gunfights. Thats the jist of it

Mokoi

Banned
thanks guys really appreciate it
Just going to go over the first three round then summary of sides.

• Please don't buy tec9 or at least have someone drop it. Just stick with armor. You are going to get tagged down and die. Thus, giving ct a spam machine.

• armor and better pistol second round all da time imo unless you planted bomb. . Don't just buy a tec and no armor. Once again you'll just get tagged down. If you planted first round then ya just save, so you can buy up third round, but if your forcing up second then armor pistols.
  • you really like the tec lol. Honestly chances on winning this round are pretty slim, so tell mates to just fucking rush something together or try to get a sneaky flank in somewhere while teammates are dying.
T side overall it seem s like you are scared. Rely too much on teammates to make something happen. Try getting the first pick especially if you got a good spawn. Don't just huddle up with teammates waiting all the time. Learn some good entry flashes/smokes and be good to go. Also

CT I skimmed through more, but yeah seemed like they took b site way too much. smoke or molly off the entrance and throw a nade if they seem to be pushing in alot then go back and spot mid. CT is really just playing good angles and having nades down. It ok to push them ct every once in awhile to make team play passive.

everything i said is worth grain or salt tho cuz im like average best of the best. oh yeah also hit the DMs too :D

Omega

Banned
KahKpnR.png

Hey guys. Skins alone saved CSGO and made it's population go up to 650k peak players. Just look at how much it helped TF2 grow
TF2 was around 80k peak pre-Gun Mettle

Top Bottom