• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Omega

Banned
allowing players to discuss player roles and strategies.

I assume this means they changed the bomb timer, or plan to in an update soon since they want it to be more like a real competitive setting.

lol who am i kidding

baby

ITS FINE IF YOU USE THOSE SETTINGS BOI

[MISC]
– In official competitive matches, voice communications are now team-only in warmup and half-time, allowing players to discuss player roles and strategies.
i didn't ask for this. valve dev prolly got shittalked so added this.

entire update is kind of bullshit. didnt need the movement speed shit for the zeus. needed to be nerfed, didnt need the fun to be removed.

Hip Hop

ITS FINE IF YOU USE THOSE SETTINGS BOI

[MISC]
– In official competitive matches, voice communications are now team-only in warmup and half-time, allowing players to discuss player roles and strategies.
i didn't ask for this. valve dev prolly got shittalked so added this.
What the fuck

Nobody talks strategies during warmup or half time. Lol. It shouldn't even be the purpose of that

This is stupid

No fun allowed.

impact

Banned
"no fun allowed"

yea because hearing the other team talk shit, talk about their stupid ass skins or playing bad music is totally fun.

baby

"no fun allowed"

yea because hearing the other team talk shit, talk about their stupid ass skins or playing bad music is totally fun.

if this is in reference to my post, im talking about reducing zeus movement speed to 220, not the halftime changes. i dont really care about that, if im playing mm its with you guys in mumble or with other friends and i use cl_mute_enemy_team anyway

Omega

Banned
if this is in reference to my post, im talking about reducing zeus movement speed to 220, not the halftime changes. i dont really care about that, if im playing mm its with you guys in mumble or with other friends and i use cl_mute_enemy_team anyway

its in reference to hip hop complaining that you can't hear people play darude sandstorm in the pregame

Hip Hop

Maybe nobody talked strats during warmup because the other team could hear you.
Hey, you right, no shit my bad, still though. It ain't that hard to strategize at the round start.
"no fun allowed"

Yeah, but sometimes it could be funny as fuck. But whatever.

baby

its in reference to hip hop complaining that you can't hear people play darude sandstorm in the pregame

oh shit i didnt even see that nvm. who ever had fun in warmup lmfao

Hey, you right, no shit my bad, still though. It ain't that hard to strategize at the round start.

Yeah, but sometimes it could be funny as fuck. But whatever.

it could be funny every once in a while, every other time it was getting called a n*gger by some 16 year old white edgelord

impact

Banned
that profile turns No Man's Wharf into Tomb of the Giants AKA your blacks will be pitch black

I'd recommend the recycle bin

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Does this game have a voice changer?

Started to use my mic and got kicked because some ass said turn off your voice changed, and well when I asked how. Kick. >_>

So how do I turn it off if I have one?

Blizzard

Banned
Does this game have a voice changer?

Started to use my mic and got kicked because some ass said turn off your voice changed, and well when I asked how. Kick. >_>

So how do I turn it off if I have one?
You don't. Your mic might just have poor quality, or the people could just be jerks. I think there's some sort of loopback test ingame (console command?) you can use to see what it sounds like, but I don't actually know how.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You don't. Your mic might just have poor quality, or the people could just be jerks. I think there's some sort of loopback test ingame (console command?) you can use to see what it sounds like, but I don't actually know how.

I've been. Seems like my Mic doesn't work well through Steam. Works fine for Skype, GChat, and such.

Bit pissy since I was doing fairly decent and carried the team in the first few rounds.

udiie

i challenge you to find a nicer font
rYQfrbC.jpg

WTF it takes forever to rank up your stupid experience rank. I jump back on and now I have to rank up twice? I have played several demolition matches, several deathmatches, some casual and an arms race (one every game) and I'm only halfway up to the 2nd rank.

VALVE YOU PIECE OF TRASH I WANNA PLAY COMPETETIVE

MayMay

Banned
i challenge you to find a nicer font

ez pz

default font

WTF it takes forever to rank up your stupid experience rank. I jump back on and now I have to rank up twice? I have played several demolition matches, several deathmatches, some casual and an arms race (one every game) and I'm only halfway up to the 2nd rank.

VALVE YOU PIECE OF TRASH I WANNA PLAY COMPETETIVE

It's been a while since we had a drive-by shitpost. Does not take forever at all. Anyways, bite the bullet and play some casual if you really need the profile rank. The change is and always has been for the greater good.

These were made in August. Ranks were introduced in May? You don't lose profile rank so I'm kind of confused here

Huh.

MayMay

Banned
He obviously played competitive in August because to my knowledge, you can't rank up through casual.

Now he's complaining about not being able to play competitive

I must be missing something

Yeah, it's odd. I also recall seeing him play comp a few weeks ago..

Maybe he has different accounts.

It's been a while since we had a drive-by shitpost. Does not take forever at all. Anyways, bite the bullet and play some casual if you really need the profile rank. The change is and always has been for the greater good.

Thanks for the "shit" reply

Anyways, yeah I'm on a different account. EDIT: Gave an account to my brother to borrow

It most certainly does take forever. I don't have that much time to play games anymore and without the bloodhound crap it takes a very long time.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the "shit" reply

Anyways, yeah I'm on a different account. EDIT: Gave an account to my brother to borrow

It most certainly does take forever. I don't have that much time to play games anymore and without the bloodhound crap it takes a very long time.
For reference, I tested it a while back without Bloodhound:

Finishing this test, it took another 4-5 hours to finish hitting level 3 if I did the math right. I'd estimate 15-20 to reach level 3 if you're a lousy player like me. :p
If someone can only play a couple of hours a week, it would indeed take a while. Someone else mentioned it taking 10 hours (presumably for a better player than me).

For reference, I tested it a while back without Bloodhound:

If someone can only play a couple of hours a week, it would indeed take a while. Someone else mentioned it taking 10 hours (presumably for a better player than me).

Thank you. It really is unnecessary padding.

I get that it's supposed to prevent cheaters, but it should only require it for accounts that haven't played CSGO before. I have 200+hours on this account. >.<

EDIT: I have only about 1 1/2 hours to play maybe twice a week. *sobs*

Omega

Banned
Thank you. It really is unnecessary padding.

I get that it's supposed to prevent cheaters, but it should only require it for accounts that haven't played CSGO before. I have 200+hours on this account. >.<

if it grandfathered in accounts it would be pointless

Blizzard

Banned
if it grandfathered in accounts it would be pointless
That doesn't make any sense to me. Isn't a large part of the point to prevent banned users from starting again with a quick smurf account?

There are a limited number of existing, old, high-hour CSGO accounts. Even if a cheater gets banned and somehow buys someone else's Steam account, that account could then be banned as well, and eventually it would be difficult to find old, high-hour CSGO accounts, right?

udiie

That doesn't make any sense to me. Isn't a large part of the point to prevent banned users from starting again with a quick smurf account?

There are a limited number of existing, old, high-hour CSGO accounts. Even if a cheater gets banned and somehow buys someone else's Steam account, that account could then be banned as well, and eventually it would be difficult to find old, high-hour CSGO accounts, right?

thats the thing, a lot of them already own a shit load of accounts
i mean i dont even smurf much and i have two alt accounts just for the hell of it

Omega

Banned

Rank whiners don't have a specific cutoff. They just say "every account that has played it should be allowed to play comp"

CSGO has sold what, 15 million copies? It gets around 9 million players a month. Do you really think 6 million people have been banned, or that 6 million is a "limited number"

I have 3 accounts myself. My main, my alt for when I used to play MM with GAF and then I have a third that I don't even use because I'll need an account to play with one of my friends if his lazy ass ever actually builds his PC.

I have 2 alts I made and got to level 3 so friends of mine could play while levelling up their account. I also hate soloq on my main cause fuck people.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does it work? If I want a 2nd accoint as well, I'd have to make a new account with Steam and buy the game again or...?

I see. That's quite the investment then if you have several accounts. But I guess that the game sells for a very reasonable price during the Sales.

Omega

Banned
I see. That's quite the investment then if you have several accounts. But I guess that the game sells for a very reasonable price during the Sales.

My first alt was to play with real life friends, but of their PCs fried so everyone else just stopped playing. Once I started playing with GAF I just used that account but now it's ranked too high so I figured I would get a second in case this dude ever builds his PC. He probably won't but whatever, worse case scenario I just smurf using only glock/p2000 so that I don't have a third copy for nothing.

besides, I only paid $15 for 3 copies. Before CSGO got big the game would go on sale for $3.75. Had to pay 7.50 for my third account tho =/

Divius

It does, but it used to be on sale for even cheaper. However, smurfs and cheaters would buy a shitload of copies of the game so valve decided to decrease the discount ever since a few sales ago. Cheaters still buy tons of copies. Valve makes even more moneyz.

baby

so ive decided im gonna take a break from games til at least thanksgiving. im trying to transfer out of my uni and i need to get my grades as high as possible so ive really gotta study. i might be on every once in a while but probably just to talk some on mumble and maybe play one game.

just thought id let my friends on here know. cheers

Top Bottom