• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Is there a way to ask a question to a CS:GO developer? Is there an email or do we know the developers names?

https://twitter.com/matttwood

Apart from that, don't know any other devs. There's plenty more but he's the only one that I know on twitter.

looking at reddit

https://www.reddit.com/user/mattwood_valve
https://www.reddit.com/user/ido_valve
https://www.reddit.com/user/brianlev_valve
https://www.reddit.com/user/vitaliy_valve/

I can't recall how Valve emails work. Is it surname@valvesoftware.com or firstname@valvesoftware.com or both? But your best bet is Matt T. Wood. Ask him his email on twitter or if there's a general email for the whole team.

Omega

Banned
HLTV released their team rankings..I gotta say they're pretty bad. Top 10 isn't that bad but lol @ 11-20
1443699575.5981.jpeg
11. CLG
12. Luminosity
13. FlipSid3
14. Liquid
15. Titan
16. E-frag.net
17. HellRaisers
18. Renegades
19. Vexed
20. CSGL

For me it would probably be

1. Fnatic
  2. TSM
  3. Envy
  4. VP
  5. NaVi
  6. G2
  7. NiP
  8. C9
  9. Titan
  10. mouz

I think CPH Wolves deserves a Top 20 over Renegades..

Clydefrog

My new computer and monitor rock. 144hz is neato. However it feels like I'm getting input lag. Does anyone have a good video settings guide? I have v sync off. What else am I supposed to be doing? Any special launch options?

tootsi666

To be fair, past the top 10 you can just place them in a different order every week.
Yeah. Rankings after Top 10 are kinda pointless.

HLTV's ranking is pretty good. Not sure how it works because I'm on mobile but no glaring flaws (looking at you ESL).

Edit. Not a huge fan of being 100% points based, if I understood that correctly.

Omega

Banned
in no universe do CLG or LG belong anywhere near Top 10.

1. Why is Titan even in the bottom 10, let alone behind them?
2. Since picking up Hiko, Liquid is clearly better than both.

They should be no higher than 15, and even that's probably being generous.

Mokoi

Banned
My new computer and monitor rock. 144hz is neato. However it feels like I'm getting input lag. Does anyone have a good video settings guide? I have v sync off. What else am I supposed to be doing? Any special launch options?
Yeah I do and remove geoforce exp. Also make sure you are forcing 144hz

Give if to ya once off work.

cHinzo

Don't be to harsh on Chinzo, if he stops talking he would have to breathe and then he would die. :(

Ha! I almost laughed (and breathed). :"D

The couple of million viewers during the LoL World Championship though. CS:GO has lots of stuff to improve to get these kind of numbers. :"D

in no universe do CLG or LG belong anywhere near Top 10.

1. Why is Titan even in the bottom 10, let alone behind them?
2. Since picking up Hiko, Liquid is clearly better than both.

They should be no higher than 15, and even that's probably being generous.
This is a mathemetical ranking not HLTV's gut feeling :p

KingKong

if Riots numbers are to be believed they've had 7.5 million peak players and 67+ million uniques per month back in 2014 so good luck to any game trying to get those numbers

cHinzo

Like making the scene boring with almost no international tournaments?
images

ESL stepping in with the international tournaments though with their IEM tournies. Also lots of hype for Riot's own All-Stars event and Worlds.
I just think CS:GO could have been way bigger than it is now.

cresto

HLTV released their team rankings..I gotta say they're pretty bad. Top 10 isn't that bad but lol @ 11-20

For me it would probably be

1. Fnatic
  2. TSM
  3. Envy
  4. VP
  5. NaVi
  6. G2
  7. NiP
  8. C9
  9. Titan
  10. mouz

I think CPH Wolves deserves a Top 20 over Renegades..

Did you read how the ranks are set? I think its very intellegent. CPH Wolves will be on there if they can sustain losing jkaem. The team is too new for the analytics to take affect.

Omega

Banned
Did you read how the ranks are set? I think its very intellegent. CPH Wolves will be on there if they can sustain losing jkaem. The team is too new for the analytics to take affect.

yes. and okay maybe CPH Wolves shouldn't get the nod if we're going by statistics, but I don't see how statistics favor CLG or LG.

I mean shit, their opening line when talking about LG is

While the Brazilians have two consecutive top 8 finishes at majors, they haven't attended or achieved much else all year long.

dudes struggle against Tier 3 NA teams like Conquest. Top 12 in the world? cmon

cresto

yes. and okay maybe CPH Wolves shouldn't get the nod if we're going by statistics, but I don't see how statistics favor CLG or LG.

I mean shit, their opening line when talking about LG is

dudes struggle against Tier 3 NA teams like Conquest. Top 12 in the world? cmon

Well, I would say the drop off in talent from the top 7 or 8 is drastic. I think you will see a lot of fluctuation from 9-20 from here on out. Give it time. I prefer this over Thorin's totally subjective top10 list.

Omega

Banned
Dosia and Zeus > flusha and JW

I've never seen a more wrong list in my life. What has Dosia EVER FUCKING DONE

Dosia was a massive part of those performances, clashing horns with the near-mythical monsters of his day and at times even out-performing them.

also I don't remember Astana Dragons ever being a top tier team. They had the hype of one but IIRC they were a massive disappointment starting from their first tournament.

baby

also I don't remember Astana Dragons ever being a top tier team. They had the hype of one but IIRC they were a massive disappointment starting from their first tournament.

they had a fair amount of hype because they did well at a couple lans then bottomed out at a major im pretty sure. lc style

Omega

Banned
They finished Top 4 all of their tournaments except DHW13 in 2013. If not Top tier then pretty close.

but back then Top 4 wasn't saying much. it was basically just NiP and VeryGames

ESC(VP) weren't playing at the level they are now and the good fnatic didn't form until like 2-3 months before DHW.

tootsi666

but back then Top 4 wasn't saying much. it was basically just NiP and VeryGames

ESC(VP) weren't playing at the level they are now and the good fnatic didn't form until like 2-3 months before DHW.
They did beat NiP couple of times but true. Only event Astana won in 2013 was Techlabs which was a smaller event.

impact

Banned
They finished Top 4 all of their tournaments except DHW13 in 2013. If not Top tier then pretty close.

Top 4 back when no one gave a shit about CSGO isn't an accomplishment imo, certainly not enough to place him over two dudes that have won three majors. But then again Thorin doesn't know jack shit so w/e

"historian" lol

Mokoi

Banned
-freq 144
add to launch just to make sure it 144hz.

Download and set this icc profile as default.
https://pcmonitors.info/icc/ASUS VG248QE Nvidia.icm
Splenid Mode: Theater

Brightness: 90
Contrast: 80
Saturation: 50
Color Temp: Usermode, R 96, G 90, B 88
Skin Tone: Reddish
Sharpness: 50
Trace Free: 60

make monitor not look as shitty as it looks stock.

Omega

Banned
I have the XL2411z

This shit looks fucking amazing compared to my old ASUS. God that shit is ugly, I used to use it as a second monitor but I just couldn't take the colors anymore.

Mokoi

Banned
I have the XL2411z

This shit looks fucking amazing compared to my old ASUS. God that shit is ugly, I used to use it as a second monitor but I just couldn't take the colors anymore.
ITS FINE IF YOU USE THOSE SETTINGS BOI

[MISC]
– In official competitive matches, voice communications are now team-only in warmup and half-time, allowing players to discuss player roles and strategies.
i didn't ask for this. valve dev prolly got shittalked so added this.

Top Bottom