• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

MayMay

Banned
Never seen this picture before, just found it. Old as fuck so alot probably already saw it

F98CBB3CAC8B5732328C54EF28C2C511B92BF760

I want that. Stattrak C4 skins. Volvo, drop all the fixes you may (or may not) be working on and make it happen

lol

mbmonk

As a new cs go player, these artificial speed bumps are getting really annoying. I was not aware I could only win 2 competitive placement matches a day. That after the annoying level 3 grind...

Please tell me that all this bullshit makes the competitive environment on the other side of placement matches is much better due to these speed bumps.

I really dislike casual cs go.. 4 more days of bullshit left :(

MayMay

Banned
As a new cs go player, these artificial speed bumps are getting really annoying. I was not aware I could only win 2 competitive placement matches a day. That after the annoying level 3 grind...

Please tell me that all this bullshit makes the competitive environment on the other side of placement matches is much better due to these speed bumps.

Yes, it's better because of that. Don't worry man - hang in there :)

Starfield

Hey, atleast you can't hear enemy's voices anymore (for good and for bad)

abracadaver

playing competitive matchmaking is so much better than the other mode. Who thought it was a good idea to disable collisions and give every player armor by default?

impact

Banned
playing competitive matchmaking is so much better than the other mode. Who thought it was a good idea to disable collisions and give every player armor by default?

Valve?

The CSGO dev team really have no fucking clue. That's why matchmaking uses casual settings too.

cHinzo

Solo queue matchmaking is never going to go my way. I've come to the conclusion that it's decided to just punish me for some reason.

Well, ur 40k bomb got negated by that other guy's almost 40k bomb and he also had a better playing team. Not much to do about, just keep up. :D

Valve?

The CSGO dev team really have no fucking clue. That's why matchmaking uses casual settings too.

Like free armor for everyone and no collisions?

impact

Banned
Well, ur 40k bomb got negated by that other guy's almost 40k bomb and he also had a better playing team. Not much to do about, just keep up. :D

Like free armor for everyone and no collisions?
You do know the bomb timer is supposed to be 35 seconds, right?

MayMay

Banned
Gotta love playing with randoms. cHinzo, vinka, myself, 2 randoms. Dust 2. 14-15.

Random is alone in a 1v1 for the tie on B site. CT is on the site, so he had to run in there. He does run in with a P90 (and could've won that way) but THROWS IT AWAY FOR AN AWP to kill the CT on B in close quarters.. He obviously misses and dies.

I need to make a clip of that. I wish I would've had Shadowplay running for the voice reactions.

baby

Gotta love playing with randoms. cHinzo, vinka, myself, 2 randoms. Dust 2. 14-15.

Random is alone in a 1v1 for the tie on B site. CT is on the site, so he had to run in there. He does run in with a P90 (and could've won that way) but THROWS IT AWAY FOR AN AWP to kill the CT on B in close quarters.. He obviously misses and dies.

I need to make a clip of that. I wish I would've had Shadowplay running for the voice reactions.

he wanted to save it

impact

Banned
CS:Go is popular because people enjoy the circlejerk it perpetuates.

This has to be my new favorite GAF quote

Some of the console gamers on here are so fucking <expletive> it's hilarious

Omega

Banned
Source please.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180676812&postcount=765

Also yeah, titans aren't killstreaks. They're just gigantic decoys for the most part.

I got the fuck out of that thread quickly because not many people ever criticize Titanfall for it's design. it's just a bunch of people mad that it didn't have some garbage 5 hour story mode, so many people in the first few pages just trying to find any sort of way to diminish it's success because Titanfall being successful means that mp only games can be sold for $60 which is gafs worst nightmare.

impact

Banned
Titans will not be available at the start of a match. At the bottom right corner of your screen is the clock counting down the Build Time. You must wait four minutes from the start of the match before a Titan can be called. If you joined a game late, you won't have to wait a full four minutes to call in a Titan.

Completing objectives in the game mode and killing enemy Titans, Pilots and Minions will shorten the Build Time by a few seconds. The amount of time taken off will vary.

Sounds like killstreak rewards + the "every kid on the soccer team gets a trophy" mentality to me

Whatever, it's CoD with mechs and AI to give noobs free kills. There's a reason no one gives a shit about it anymore and it's definitely not Origin.

Omega

Banned
Titanfall is the only ADS shooter that I didn't think was complete garbage, played it for like 5 months when Steam was being shit last year and got me a 1 month ban from CSGO.

the problem with Titanfall is it tried to implement a lot of CoD nonsense because that's what was still hot at the time. but either they didn't execute it properly (Titans were terrible as killstreaks) and/or it just conflicted with their own gameplay design. Your entire game is built around mobility but you implement ADS (which by design slows down gameplay) and then Titans because again, in a game about mobility you have these slow ass giant targets that get wiped out in about 7 seconds.

has potential to be good, but they'll probably just double down on the CoD stuff for the next game. oh well, not like it matters to me since it won't last more than a week on PC like the first one

Glasshole

Banned
Did anyone else feel a rise of cheaters in EU matchmaking in the last two weeks?

I'm DMG, been playing CS since 1.4, and every third game or so I have obvious cheaters in enemy teams...

Top Bottom