• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Omega

Banned
wait you can get banned for a month from CSGO?

please forgive me lord Gaben ;_;

nah you're fine. last year starting around April i think, the CSGO servers were absolute garbage. I would get disconnected and never be able to reconnect which would give me abandons

i got a one day dan and it just kept happening until I got a 30 day ban and just said fuck steam. went and bought an xb1 for MCC and played Titanfall

looking back...Cologne 2014 will always be my favorite CS event. I dodged a bullet there, and right now i'd probably be hyped for some garbage like R6 Siege

Strictly speaking on Clyde's group.

wait so sneeze and fake overdoziz got supreme as well?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180676812&postcount=765

Also yeah, titans aren't killstreaks. They're just gigantic decoys for the most part.

I got the fuck out of that thread quickly because not many people ever criticize Titanfall for it's design. it's just a bunch of people mad that it didn't have some garbage 5 hour story mode, so many people in the first few pages just trying to find any sort of way to diminish it's success because Titanfall being successful means that mp only games can be sold for $60 which is gafs worst nightmare.

If the sequel will have an SP campaign, then watch the reception take a big turn. This site in general is unfriendly to MP. Like, no one cared about show and convention awards before. SP games used to win that, everything was fine. Then Titanfall and Evolve started winning them (because they demo well in a LAN environment) and "Something's fishy going on!" "Artificial hype!" and when both came out and didn't set the world on fire, those people felt vindicated.

Reminds me of the FGC's aversion to being lumped into eSports or gamers' fear of VR getting big traction and threatening traditional couch gaming rofl. It's like "They're taking my hobby away!" or "If it doesn't serve me, it shouldn't exist!"

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Titanfall 2 is going to be received more popular on GAF as it's not going to be an MS exclusive.

ChrisW

Sort of related subject:

When playing CS on my comp I can have a ping of 30/45 which is fine, it stays at this ping even when my son is on his PS4 playing online games with his friends.

However if anyone goes on FB, snapchat, youtube or similar sites, my ping will rocket up to 200+

Now my comp is connected via cable, the PS4 is wireless and the phones are all on wireless. I have crappy 3mb internet, but I've read that upgrading my internet speed will not improve my ping performance?

Is there anything else that could be causing the ping to shoot up? It just seems odd that it's fine when someone is on the PS4, but is unplayable when someone watches a quick snapchat video or something on FB?

frbrr

Sort of related subject:

When playing CS on my comp I can have a ping of 30/45 which is fine, it stays at this ping even when my son is on his PS4 playing online games with his friends.

However if anyone goes on FB, snapchat, youtube or similar sites, my ping will rocket up to 200+

Now my comp is connected via cable, the PS4 is wireless and the phones are all on wireless. I have crappy 3mb internet, but I've read that upgrading my internet speed will not improve my ping performance?

Is there anything else that could be causing the ping to shoot up? It just seems odd that it's fine when someone is on the PS4, but is unplayable when someone watches a quick snapchat video or something on FB?

your ping is going to spike if someone else is maxing the connection, even if it's just downloading a small video
can't you limit the speed on those things in your router?

mbmonk

Sort of related subject:

I had a similar experience when I was playing BF4 and my wife was streaming Netflix.

What I had to do was use my routers "Bandwidth Controls" to limit the use of my internet connections upload and download to 95% for all device, and reserve about 5% of my bandwidth for my gaming PC. So that way even if the other devices were consuming as much as possible my PC would still have access to 5% upload and download.

If your router has traffic monitoring capability then that might be useful in diagnosing what is really going on.

Shane

Lurk here more than I post.

Since taking more time out between sessions I've been playing more consistently. Evidently being more relaxed is helping. As has banning myself from gambling (case opening).

Had a lot of wins recently which has seen me stay at DMG this time.

Feels pretty good when you beat a bunch of smurfs on the opposing team.

pastrami

DMG doesn't have hackers. You're just getting pooped on, son.

There are hackers at every level. There was a waller in a Silver match I was playing with friends. Of course, I'm dubious that there was a real hacker "every third game."

Anyways, how is US east coast GAF? I've started to play CS:GO more seriously and I'm looking for people to play competitive with.

baby

Well deserved. You belong there. We're just missing Pete and baby now.

who knows when ill get it- an 8 game win streak turned into a 1 game loss streak last night and ive got no idea what to do with this problem of my graphics drivers crashing once in a blue moon

It's true, though.

hes right tho, ive heard of brand new players getting placed at gn now i dont believe being silver is real anymore

impact

Banned
There are hackers at every level. There was a waller in a Silver match I was playing with friends. Of course, I'm dubious that there was a real hacker "every third game."

Anyways, how is US east coast GAF? I've started to play CS:GO more seriously and I'm looking for people to play competitive with.
There's no such thing. The US guys here play on Euro servers for some reason and good luck getting into their clique. It's weird.

abracadaver

Had the most annoying match yesterday.

It was on Atzec and as soon as the bomb was planted the other team started spamming flash and smoke grenades everywere. I could not see anything and after a few seconds the bomb was already defused. They hid most of the time and only came out after the bomb was planted. I really had no idea how to counter it. Looking away didn't help because there was one flashbang after another exploding. They did this every round.

Omega

Banned
as far as I know, the only east coast players here are

Me
Impact
sneakypete
littleworm

I don't even play MM anymore, impact became a professional Civ player, sneakypete works 30 hours a day and littleworm just plays ARMA.

impact

Banned
Wow what an all star lineup. We should sign up for esea open next season, I bet we could beat summit4g's shitty reform team.

Valkrai

as far as I know, the only east coast players here are

Me
Impact
sneakypete
littleworm

I don't even play MM anymore, impact became a professional Civ player, sneakypete works 30 hours a day and littleworm just plays ARMA.

I thought we had a few west coast players? I guess it's just me then :(

ChrisW

side note, anyone know where I can download Windows 7 Pro 64bit (Don't want DVD) for as cheap as possible, but also reliable. Needs to be English and for UK use

Mokoi

Banned
side note, anyone know where I can download Windows 7 Pro 64bit (Don't want DVD) for as cheap as possible, but also reliable. Needs to be English and for UK use
Yo I got you bro. Jesus down the road sells all sorts of things ranging from Hi def movies not even out in theaters to socks. I'll see what he got in stock.

ChrisW

I'm wanting to use bootcamp on my iMac to get CSGO to play even smoother and play other PC games too, but it's so hard to track down a copy to buy from reliable source or from Microsoft themselves

Clydefrog

Ftfy

P.s. I might actually have tmrw off. Should be on tonight around 1am if any of you west coast fucks wanna watch me stream my workout

I don't even invite sneeze. Whenever he sees me load up CS, he loads up, joins the lobby and calls me a dumb bitch or something.

He's like a dog that has been waiting all day to go outside.

Top Bottom