• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

udiie

wait you didnt know it wasnt sandstorm?
lol the music kits are doodoo unless you buy the metal ones
theyre still kinda garbo

MayMay

Banned
Damn, these knives actually look sick.

And fuck - seems like they're all sold out at the moment. That makes me sad. Woulda bought some in a heartbeat, especially because it's a german website. I didnt even know Karambits were legal here.

Omega

Banned
Why do so many people (read: my teammates) rush to get picks while they're on CT side?

yeah its pretty annoying. i mean sometimes it pays to be aggressive to catch the enemy off guard but people do it all the time. what makes it even worse is people push up, they might get the kill and instead of falling back they keep pushing. or they push, and will keep pushing until they see someone.

but it's the NA mindset of "loljustapug" but then they bitch at another teammate for baiting or whatever. people want to win but dont want to win if it means being a "tryhard"

Clydefrog

yeah its pretty annoying. i mean sometimes it pays to be aggressive to catch the enemy off guard but people do it all the time. what makes it even worse is people push up, they might get the kill and instead of falling back they keep pushing. or they push, and will keep pushing until they see someone.

but it's the NA mindset of "loljustapug" but then they bitch at another teammate for baiting or whatever. people want to win but dont want to win if it means being a "tryhard"

Damn, get out of my head Charles!

impact

Banned
I think I scared away the dota posters by shitposting in their thread

I accept safari mesh and sand dune sets as donations for this brave task

Shane

Force off as well as triple buffering off in control panel. fps_max 999 ftw

How do you do that (i.e. force off)? This more than simply turning the option off in the menu?

Been playing terribly recently. Need to get back into it. Went from being top of the team repeatedly to the bottom overnight. Game drives me crazy.

I accept safari mesh...

Just sold mine on the store for one million euros (depending upon the bureau de change), sorry.

Completed my 10 comp matches. Gold Nova III

Congrats.

baby

How do you do that (i.e. force off)? This more than simply turning the option off in the menu?

Been playing terribly recently. Need to get back into it. Went from being top of the team repeatedly to the bottom overnight. Game drives me crazy.

Just sold mine on the store for one million euros (depending upon the bureau de change), sorry.

Congrats.

force off via nvidia control panel under 3d settings

Shane

Do you guys play for any amount of time in a single sitting or do you have a 'sweet-spot' before your attention begins to deteriorate?

I'm finding that any more than three games in a row and I'm forgetting to communicate properly.

rugioh

Banned
seems a bit excessive
I got to supreme by just hopping on and solo queuing for a match or two and getting off. no warmup, no hour of aim_botz, no recoil training

I think I'm on the more OCD end of things, when I plan on pugging I used to try and get 30-45 minutes of DM beforehand as warmup. When I experimented with going into games with less warmup I didn't do much worse, so now I just shoot bots for 15 mins or so.

Omega

Banned
I think I'm on the more OCD end of things, when I plan on pugging I used to try and get 30-45 minutes of DM beforehand as warmup. When I experimented with going into games with less warmup I didn't do much worse, so now I just shoot bots for 15 mins or so.

Yeah that would probably help if I shot bots for 15 minutes, but at the same time I feel like it would just make me bored and then I wouldn't even feel like playing, defeating the purpose of a warmup.

somewhere along the line I got a ridiculously short attention span, I used to be able to play games for like 3-4 hours in a sitting..now I get bored of everything within 30 minutes.

Lourio

Why do so many people (read: my teammates) rush to get picks while they're on CT side?

guilty-smiley-face.gif
Guilty

What color crosshairs you guys use? Been using pink, but thinking of changing.

A quick Google search for a crosshair color toggle bind... Would this work? Gonna try it tonight.
unbind f

bind f cyan

alias "red" "cl_crosshaircolor 0; bind f green"

alias "green" "cl_crosshaircolor 1; bind f blue"

alias "yellow" "cl_crosshaircolor 2; bind f purple"

alias "blue" "cl_crosshaircolor 3; bind f yellow"

alias "cyan" "cl_crosshaircolor 4; bind f black"

alias "pink" "cl_crosshaircolor 5;cl_crosshaircolor_b 255;cl_crosshaircolor_r 255;cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; bind f cyan"

alias "purple" "cl_crosshaircolor 5;cl_crosshaircolor_b 255;cl_crosshaircolor_r 150;cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; bind f pink"

alias "white" "cl_crosshaircolor 5;cl_crosshaircolor_b 255;cl_crosshaircolor_r 255;cl_crosshaircolor_g 255; bind f red"

alias "black" "cl_crosshaircolor 5;cl_crosshaircolor_b 0;cl_crosshaircolor_r 0;cl_crosshaircolor_g 0; bind f white"

impact

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3o26ii/here_is_my_very_detailed_and_comprehensive/

reddit amazes me. can you imagine being this much of a no life for 6 months and not making anything of urself through it

lmao I love these noobs that try to give advice like pros

If this was a year ago and he was global it would actually not be bad, but at this point everyone is a supreme

(and all he did was essentially reword that semi-pro player from nEophyte's thread a while back)

rugioh

Banned
I am kind of glad that dude made the thread, if only to show that a majority of people don't even need to warm up to start playing. I tend to piss away the free time that I do get just brainlessly doing retakes/DM instead of playing. Need to fix that.

Top Bottom