• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT3| Halo and Goodbye

Valkrai

I found this nice quote about the Battlefront beta.

So, can we discuss how Star Flop: Battleflop 3 is a bore and DICE-DICE should've been working on Mirror's Edge 3 while working on Mirror's Edge 2 in the meantime?

guilty-smiley-face.gif
Guilty

What color crosshairs you guys use? Been using pink, but thinking of changing.

A quick Google search for a crosshair color toggle bind... Would this work? Gonna try it tonight.

I use orange personally with a black outline mainly because so I can see it better.

You could also look for the Crosshair Generator map on the Steam Workshop, that'll help a bit.

Omega

Banned
some of that stuff is useful don't get me wrong, but not something you do before you decide to play competitive or even that often. One shouldn't have to practice recoil training everyday. That's something you do to get a decent understanding of how the mechanic works and then you just naturally get better it over time by playing, because shooting a wall is different than shooting an enemy.

also for anyone new to the game, please don't practice flicking. Yes you get twitch chat to spam VAC! VAC! but if you have to rely on flicks, you're bad and should focus on shit that would actually help you improve, like idk...already having your crosshair where the enemy is most likely going to be?

Mokoi

Banned
also for anyone new to the game, please don't practice flicking. Yes you get twitch chat to spam VAC! VAC! but if you have to rely on flicks, you're bad and should focus on shit that would actually help you improve, like idk...already having your crosshair where the enemy is most likely going to be?
Lol I remember someone asking howcto practice flicks

frbrr

congrats. crazy to think that half of the people that post in this thread were MGE like 3-4 months ago and someone that just picked up the game is already there.

im getting me a zowie mouse asap

to be honest, lots of mg1-mg2 players got le overnight after that huge vac wave.

some of that stuff is useful don't get me wrong, but not something you do before you decide to play competitive or even that often. One shouldn't have to practice recoil training everyday. That's something you do to get a decent understanding of how the mechanic works and then you just naturally get better it over time by playing, because shooting a wall is different than shooting an enemy.

I'll add on to that since I was a classic example in the past. When I started playing CS GO I shot at the wall a lot. It didn't help jack shit.You might "know" the pattern, but applying that to actual opponents is a different issue. They would be at different elevation and distance from you. You not only got to adjust for that, but you got to adjust for their movements. Also it's best to teach your arm to do the recoil pattern instinctively, muscle memory. I say go into deathmatch and practice shooting people to learn recoil patterns. You'll learn to adjust your shooting style to the enemy distance and height. Also, practice pre-aiming.

I don't warm-up at all. I only hit the FFA DM when I got nothing to do.

Clydefrog

Forgot to add regarding people rushing on CT: even when we have the man/men advantage, teammates will rush looking for the enemy and get picked. I will be holding a site while my teammates die one by one and then yell on the mic, "don't fuck this up, frog!" What! I was doing my job! It shouldn't have ended up 1v1!

You fuckers!

Forgot to add regarding people rushing on CT: even when we have the man/men advantage, teammates will rush looking for the enemy and get picked. I will be holding a site while my teammates die one by one and then yell on the mic, "don't fuck this up, frog!" What! I was doing my job! It shouldn't have ended up 1v1!

You fuckers!

It wasn't me mang. It's SNES and Plank. Yeah I went there!

Clydefrog

It wasn't me mang. It's SNES and Plank. Yeah I went there!
It was you, onion Stain! It was ALWAYS you!!

Nah, it's not you. Definitely is snes though: "oh good job losing the round you dumb bitch *annoying snes squeak noise*"

*start of next round*
Plank: "Gun, please!"

It was you, onion Stain! It was ALWAYS you!!

Nah, it's not you. Definitely is snes though: "oh good job losing the round you dumb bitch *annoying snes squeak noise*"

*start of next round*
Plank: "Gun, please!"

Hahaha that gun please!

I never really expect you to win the rounds. I just let you do your thing while I space out. No pressure from my part.

impact

Banned
please don't change your avatar, John Wick is so much better than witcher guy

John Wick is so much better than everything actually

I'm not making any illusions. I firmly believe that it may have ranked me up too fast, but then again, I'm still under 20 Comp wins. Got a little hot streak going in wins, doing well personally, getting matched with other guys that aren't as good, etc...all contributed. And since it's still early, I guess once I get owned by other MGE's and alike, I'll drop down again.

Impact is on point lately, I been agreeing to most stuff he's posting lately.

John Wick must stay.

CS GO needs to sell me a "Rules of Nature" music pack. It's the only one I would buy, but it'll never happen.

So I took a break about 8 months or so ago. Decide to log in and play some..

Lost my rank and now I have to endure what looks will be around 50 shit casual games to even play competitive? Well fuck.

Omega

Banned
So I took a break about 8 months or so ago. Decide to log in and play some..

Lost my rank and now I have to endure what looks will be around 50 shit casual games to even play competitive? Well fuck.
You "lose" rank after a month of activity. You don't really lose it, its just hidden and you get it back when you play

Which shouldn't take anywhere near 50 games and if it does, then its a good thing you can't just right into competitive

MayMay

Banned
I think he's talking about the rank 3 requirement.

Endure it. It's for the greater good. It did improve things, so it's worth the trouble.

Ah okay.

I wasn't upset about "losing rank". Just thought it reset me, which isnt that big of a deal.

I am more pissed about the rank 3 thing. :) Just kind of annoying.

Ayy, I can finally post here myself. :D

Sup guys, I'm Onii-Chan on Steam, I played with a few of you guys and added a few of you guys before.

I've been playing CSGO for like 9 months now, and I'm currently an LE. If anyone here wants to add me and play a few games, feel free. :D
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpeedyBlueDude

Here's a quick "About me" though!
Favorite Map: Overpass
Favorite Team: Ninjas In Pyjamas
Favorite Player: GeT_RiGhT
Favorite Weapon: AUG

I also finally decided to get myself a new controller since my old one started to show some wear and tear, what do you guys think of my new controller? :D

I was trying to make it look like my AK-47 in game :p

MayMay

Banned
The tag is certainly spot on..

Welcome to the thread. You might want to put the fact that you play with a controller in giant letters in the "About me" section lol - because that's probably the most important thing.

the keyboard in those photos is just screaming to be used

My ugly regular HP Keyboard? :p I used to have a Mechanical Keyboard, I had a Razer Blackwidow, but I actually had my nephew spill water into it a few days ago so it's broken. :(

Debating buying another Mechanical Keyboard, but I don't really have any use for it... so I'm not sure. I'd rather upgrade my monitor.

Right now I play CS on my TV, which is a 55' inch TV with like... 30MS response time. Fucking sucks, and I can't hear footsteps either because I don't play with headphones. Really just want to upgrade my Monitor, but I can't decide what 144hz monitor to get.

Mokoi

Banned
Shit oniichan you made me realize I never post intro of myself.

I'm moko creator of world famous mokoguides.MOE (under construction).

Favorite player: Not romo
Favorite team: Cowboys
Favorite gun:12 gauge

Won't post pc setup since been there down that. Other super sweet gaming setup.
Vita favortie console. Sorry oniichan.

Shit oniichan you made me realize I never post intro of myself.

I'm moko creator of world famous mokoguides.MOE (under construction).

Favorite player: Not romo
Favorite team: Cowboys
Favorite gun:12 gauge

Won't post pc setup since been there down that. Other super sweet gaming setup.

Vita favortie console. Sorry oniichan.

Hmmmmm

Top Bottom