• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter Strike: GO - Debut Trailer, Preview and Gameplay

kodt

Banned
nilbog21 said:
How dissapointing. This looks exactly like Source? Does that guy really strafe headshot someone in that "planting the bomb" video? FUCK

Looks much better than source. At least graphically.

StuBurns said:
Nothing they have is effective at stopping rushes, smoke nades won't stop people.

This is at least a stab at doing it correctly. It seems like some people literally just want another remake of Counter Strike, I'm glad they're trying something else.
Really dude, this is about as conservative as it gets.

FieryBalrog said:
Really dude, this is about as conservative as it gets.
It's not a drastic change, but it's just enough of a revamp that it will draw in new players and keep a good number of old ones happy.

Valve done good.

OG Kush

Anyone else tired of Valve using the same fucking engine? Alteast upgrade that shit A LOT. Game should look damn good, this just looks a bit better than source.

Purkake4

Banned
OG Kush said:
Anyone else tired of Valve using the same fucking engine? Alteast upgrade that shit A LOT. Game should look damn good, this just looks a bit better than source.
That would ruin the EP3/HL3 surprise. Can't have that.

25f12x2.jpg

scoobs

Definitely sick of the source engine. Whoever the artists are for this thing are struggling lol, gun models are straight up bad.

Zeppelin

de_dust still looks broken like fuck. The stairs connected to the underpass will do little to fix that. CTs are still gonna have a huge advantage. Why even bother with one of the most imbalanced maps Counter-Strike has ever seen if you're not gonna fix it?

Bilix

TouchMyBox said:
"Get in position and wait for my go."
"I'm in position."

I'm looking forward to this. I haven't played CS in years. I'm glad they're freshening it up a bit and not just cloning 1.6. If you want 1.6, you can still play that.

Curious to how this game will sell, especially on consoles. CS's game modes (Hostage, VIP, bomb planting) aren't really done in modern FPS games due to a high probability of griefing in those kinds of modes. I'd personally like to see a return to those kind of objectives. I miss being a VIP.

jeffb

Neo Member
Why are some of you complaining about the graphics? CS has never been about graphics, Valve has never been about graphics... it has always been about the gameplay. I'm going to go out on a limb here and bet that the people complaining about how OP they think a tov would be don't even understand CS's economy mechincs.

Who fucking cares if its "the same fucking engine", it means practically nothing unless you don't understand how a computer works. It doesn't matter what engine Valve use they're always going to focus on gameplay and making sure as many PCs as possible can run their games. They haven't ever tried to compete in any graphics pissing contest.

There already been plenty written about the recoil, grenades, reticles, UI, etc, etc in CS:GO, ESLtv went over ever little detail they could think of over a week ago. Thank god Valve are listening to the pro CS players they're flying out instead of some of the people in this thread...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
OG Kush said:

HL3

Believe

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm very excited for this as a console player but the PC version seems pointless. I imagine the only reason it exists is because PC players would whine otherwise, but I can't see a reason to buy it instead of Source.

luffeN

I'd like to have a mechanic where people cannot block you :( Either Trackmania style with the missing collision or an automatic jump over the guy team move parkour style xD

No WeaponUnlocks?
No AimDownSights?
No KillStreaks?
No ReGen Health?
No ThirdPersonView and hiphighwalls to take cover in Dust?!

Pff... way to go Valve.
At least it got crossplattform gaming support so I can show those pc idiots how superior console gaming and controller fps aiming really is.

dagZ

DerZuhälter said:
No WeaponUnlocks?
No AimDownSights?
No KillStreaks?
No ReGen Health?
No ThirdPersonView and hiphighwalls to take cover in Dust?!

Pff... way to go Valve.
At least it got crossplattform gaming support so I can show those pc idiots how superior console gaming and controller fps aiming really is.

joke post? this isn't COD.

I'll get it on PC for sure, and possibly console, but I thought I heard no private matches, so there goes all competitive play for consoles out the window.

Since this game is PSN/Steam and Portal 2 was released boxed+free steam, is there any chance that this might come in a buy PSN or Steam get the other one free capacity?

Should make sense with Steam being the same Steam an both plattforms..

nilbog21

Banned
OG Kush said:

I hated CS:source, and I'll probably hate this game from the looks of it (strafing headshots), but I don't think the Source engine is the problem; I think CS:GO with similar graphics to TF2 could be amazing

StuBurns

Banned
DerZuhälter said:
Since this game is PSN/Steam and Portal 2 was released boxed+free steam, is there any chance that this might come in a buy PSN or Steam get the other one free capacity?

Should make sense with Steam being the same Steam an both plattforms..
There's no reason they couldn't do it this time, if they will or not, I have no idea.

demolitio

I still can't get over those weapon models in all the media. A few of them are decent, but others are so bad that it's hard to believe this isn't a modder's first attempt at modelling weapons. They also look extremely small on some of them which makes them look even worse but at least they aren't mirrored on the wrong side anymore.

The characters look good and the graphics are good enough for me as long as the gameplay is there. I don't obsess over graphics, but those weapons just look way too off to me.

Darklord

Banned
Man, some of the textures are fucking rough. I kinda like CS:S better than these screens. At least that game leaves it simple. This one looks like it's trying to look better than it actually can.

demolitio

Maffis said:
Did people expect Crysis graphics or something? It's not even a true sequel...
I didn't hear anyone say they expected a technical marvel that would match up with the best out there, but I'm sure a lot of us expected modern looking guns that look better than the CS:S versions instead of models that look extremely dated and amateur. Most games can at least have decent looking guns instead of ones that look out of place and out of proportion.

The rest of it looks good to me although that color adjustment someone posted in here looked a lot better. We just expected the game to outclass CS:S in the simple stuff like models and textures...

Although the graphical leap isn't that impressive, I love the fact there's just a lot more stuff in the levels. They do look more like real locations than in previous CS games.

Syphon Filter said:
Graphics are fine,the characters look a bit skinny and there is lots of jaggies though. Crosshairs look weird too.
You'll be able to force everything in the world and still get 60fps in this game :p

Crosshairs will be changeable too, I suspect.

I agree the models will take a bit of getting used to.

Why is Valve making this? I looks no different to Counter-Strike: Source.

I am not a Counter-Strike fan because of how bad I am at it, but I don't see how making another version of the same game is going to get new players to play.

I guess they are just making Counter-Strike: Global Offensive so they finally had an excuse to get Counter-Strike on the consoles.

I love that Valve is making cross-platform play available in their games!

I will buy the game because I love Valve, but they seem to not have changed much from the previous versions.

Gen.Grievous said:
So far I'm not very impressed, only old maps and the graphics have barely been updated.

Those weapon models/textures from 2004?

Hopefully you can still download skin packs to replace those ancient weapon models.

Harteex

I wonder if it's possible to play in color, or if it's black&white only?

Anyway, they should really make new animations. It looks really stupid when they defuse and the player just stands there looking at the bomb.

Top Bottom