• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.
w2he92.jpg

- now we welcome OKC Barons backup center Jerome James to the podium, please -

Jerome James said:
Good evening, members of the media. I stand before you tonight with my heart in a state of flux. The Barons have lost 7 of our last 11, some games close and some in a blowout. Our 119-102 win tonight notwithstanding, we have seen our stock drop as a team and our team chemistry or lack thereof questioned. By now you have heard my comments about the direction of the team, and the rumors swirling around me requesting to leave the OKC Barons ... all I will say is I have been contacted by a GM interested in a trade within the GAF Conference whose name I will not reveal.

If I may digess, I want to say there are some players on other teams who would say the Barons have lost our balls ... I say they may be right. But those people who would say that need to look at our team fight game in and game out playing teams two level over us and just come up short many times... that is a frustrating experience and would make anyone lash out and resign from Court Rivals. Many of you have; I see teams with half-full rosters and players not leveling their stats even on my team, and it hurts me to see it..

226sonicsXX_jamessits.jpg

Now to address the reason I have called this press conference... there are those on ACEN and 2.0 who have said the Barons are dead, our season is over, the points we as a team have spent leveling up were for nothing and we can all quit and go home. Apparently those two teams have locked up the playoffs, so the Barons can quit and go home. Meanwhile, the ideals of hustle, loyalty, and respect get trampled upon ... but the Barons can pack up, grab their balls and go home. Also, they say I should accept a trade in order to get a chance to play in the Court Rival Playoffs...

Well I'm not requesting a trade, and I'm certainy not quitting.

I'm going to get back to the locker room, get in the gym and practice so when I face guys like Reggie, Roy Tarpley and Shawn Kemp I'll kick their asses so hard that each of their kids will feel it, in Kemp's case all 60 of them! In fact, I will call it: The Oklahoma City Barons will make the Top 64 in the College Division and if we are lucky enough to get into the pros, we will make the playoffs.

Now, Barons ... who wants to go home .... AND WHO WANTS TO GO AND FIGHT WITH ME ???

prospect_2008_randolph_01_292.jpg
250px-Eaton.jpg
movies-hegotgame4.jpg

raymond.felton.jpg
170_james-worthy.jpg
Ceballos_295_ADB20.jpg

RANDY_FOYE1.jpg
mason0704.jpg
2008-3-28-warriors

WE'RE WITH YOU, GUILE --- ERR, JAMES!!!

Enron

Banned
lol, i just noticed 2.0 is only THREE GAMES BETTER than NeoGAF which is dead and has like 3 players. THREE GAMES BETTER.

Come on guys, step it up. You are making the rest of GAF look bad. :(

/me runs

Enron said:
lol, i just noticed 2.0 is only THREE GAMES BETTER than NeoGAF which is dead and has like 3 players. THREE GAMES BETTER.

/me runs
neogaf has a full roster. they've been busy.

aznpxdd

Enron said:

/me runs

Q U A L I T Y.

Meier

Fuck... other team has scored 6 of 8 times after the starters came back in. PG has gotten an assist each time. ><

Tie game with 1:06 left.. ugh. ACK, we got a block and a board with 35 seconds left AHH FOR FUCK'S SAKE THEY LET THEM BLOCK REGGIE AND THEN MAKE A 3 GOD DAMN BULLSHIT MOTHERFUCKER!!

Meier

Malleymal said:
neo gaf teams 0-3

wtf was a chemistry about
We have lvl 2 team chems for our starters and bench. 4/10 guys with lvl 2 chems... I wish I could understand what we were doing wrong.

Meier

woodchuck said:
is kruskev AFK? i dont think he's updated will smith in a couple of days
Yeah he hasn't logged in in 6 days apparently..shit. :\ Nice to see Noel get 8 shots compared to Popeye's 19... sigh, this game is retarded.

AirBrian

Damn, tough loss for 2.0.

Meier said:
Yeah he hasn't logged in in 6 days apparently..shit. :\ Nice to see Noel get 8 shots compared to Popeye's 19... sigh, this game is retarded.
The funny thing is I reduced Popeye's shooting slider last night.

AirBrian

Ouch, that sucks we're back to B.

Popeye had a good night though. Getting his shooting past 100 after getting dunking past 100 has really seemed to help his %.

Meier

woodchuck said:
does this even count as a quality game for the barons?
Nope... pretty impressed Forza kept it that close with such a huge point discrepancy. Nice for 2.0 to get a needed win tonight.

Meier

Another epic choke by 2.0 at the end.. Noel drains a 3 with 2:30 left to take the lead and then we don't score another point. Sigh.

ACEN and OKC lost as well -- not a good night for GAFfers.

AirBrian

Meier said:
Another epic choke by 2.0 at the end.. Noel drains a 3 with 2:30 left to take the lead and then we don't score another point. Sigh.

ACEN and OKC lost as well -- not a good night for GAFfers.
Yikes! Popeye with some true Mav chokejob shots in the final minutes. :-(

viakado said:
fuck this game.
Jesus in the starting lineup puts a lot of pressure on the bench guards to score. Mason and the SG have to have even shot distribution, tonight it wasn't even CLOSE to happening.

woodchuck on July 26th said:
oh shit. the HB assassins have a 7' 2 Forward who shoots 3s. He was 4-4 last game from 3.

and he even has his own jersey!

5322.jpg
... 30 points on 14/24 shooting. 15 rebounds. Jerome has never felt so destroyed before.

Worse thing about it is he never took a three in the game.

*checks Mason's line*
bart3_sm.gif

CUT OUT THIS 1 PRIMARY REBOUNDER BULLSHIT

look at the 2 units from today's game and us. If you take away their big rebounder, Logan/Kramer/Huff combined for 24 boards. Our top 3? EIGHT. We were outrebounded by 20 and every team is like that now. We can't keep getting KILLED on the boards. We nearly lost to 2 straight Playground A teams here!

We also have to have a fallback if Mason, Shuttlesworth (8 shot attempts?), and Foye aren't shooting well. We need to win more on Rebounding and Defense.

viakado said:
so just disregard Worthy's 27 points? fuck you, man!
... I didn't disregard it, O-DUMB. Like Kobe Bryant, one big scorer means jack if your other guys have an off-game scoringwise. Besides, Kramer and Big Country's combined line negate you and Jesus's points.

EDIT: well THIS may be why the starters were killed on the boards. They started a 4-forward lineup!

Meier

Wtf, we play the Quarrymen again tomorrow! Always fun to woop up on a 1-man team. :lol

DY_nasty said:
What in the fuck...

I'm one more embarrassing lost from stepping down.
Playground A. :lol

Top Bottom