• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CourtRivals Season 3 thread! Starts July 23rd

Season 3 GAF MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
it's not letting me. keeps saying it's filled to the max though I know my spot's still there
maybe this is karma...
WhySoSerious.jpg

:D :D :D :lol :lol :lol :lol :D :lol :lol :lol :D :D :D :lol :lol :lol :lol :D :D

...:D

DCX

AirBrian

Alright, we've had our fun. It's time to put away our differences and focus on the current task at hand: NEOGAF 2.0's rise to the Promise Land!

Meier

AirBrian said:
Alright, we've had our fun. It's time to put away our differences and focus on the current task at hand: NEOGAF 2.0's rise to the Promise Land!
You knows it, clart.

"A whole new season, new teams, and a new gaf-league coverage. Tnt would like to present full coverage of Gaf league Season 3. Hosted by Ernie Johnson Jr, Kenny the Jet Smith, and charles barkley. Featuring up to date standings, stats, and daily quotes."
2hr31id.jpg

woodchuck

i think we should start rejecting some challenges and play crappy teams like everyone else is doing.

plus, we're a new team. we don't know what kind of lineup changes we'll have to make.

after tonight's game against neogaf (who only have 4 people), we're playing 3 ten man teams.

acen
san antonio
one other 10 man team

Birdman02

woodchuck said:
i think we should start rejecting some challenges and play crappy teams like everyone else is doing.

plus, we're a new team. we don't know what kind of lineup changes we'll have to make.

after tonight's game against neogaf (who only have 4 people), we're playing 3 ten man teams.

acen
san antonio
one other 10 man team

We have 5 people, thank you very much!! :(

Enron

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
I think we should hold all GAF games for the end of the season. Let's all beat on some powder puffs.

It doesnt really matter when we play them, as long as all teams have players being actively trained everyone will be at about the same levels anyways.

woodchuck

Enron said:
It doesnt really matter when we play them, as long as all teams have players being actively trained everyone will be at about the same levels anyways.

yeah, but there are some teams that are new and are still figuring out what lineups work and what doesn't.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Mason... guh, you just had to mess up a good thing.

Since Mason is a restricted free agent at the moment, maybe we can talk about a sign & trade here.

DCX

DCX
woodchuck said:
yeah, but there are some teams that are new and are still figuring out what lineups work and what doesn't.
This is understandable, tonights game will be a test to the lineups. If it works out well, we'll keep it, if not i'll tinker. Trust me, when i say the lineup is tight. The bench also features great players including the reigning leader scorer or the entire league in Starks and Miner and Booth leading the bench assault. It's all good, don't be so negative, what happens if we sweep the GAF teams in the first week? Dynasty confirmed.

DCX

DCX

DCX
DY_nasty said:
Mason... guh, you just had to mess up a good thing.

Since Mason is a restricted free agent at the moment, maybe we can talk about a sign & trade here.
:D Seeing as i own the rights to his contract he signed prior to leaving, we should talk :D

DCX

DCX said:
:D Seeing as i own the rights to his contract he signed prior to leaving, we should talk :D

DCX

you breached the terms. I wasn't given the hookers I was promised.
and we all know by now that I pulled a reverse carlos boozer. don't ask me what that really means though.

in fact I'm gonna pull an alonzo mourning and say I won't play for teamgaf 2.0 straight up!

I think maybe I have to wait till midnight

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
you breached the terms. I wasn't given the hookers I was promised.
and we all know by now that I pulled a reverse carlos boozer. don't ask me what that really means though.
Say what you want, said hookers were never promised just talked about...and i OWNz your RightS son! Talk to me when you ready to suit up.

DCX

DCX said:
Say what you want, said hookers were never promised just talked about...and i OWNz your RightS son! Talk to me when you ready to suit up.

DCX

well I tried joining your team to see if it'd work cause I wondered if there was some time period between re-joining and it says that's full too :lol

DCX

DCX
pheeniks said:
well I tried joining your team to see if it'd work cause I wondered if there was some time period between re-joining and it says that's full too :lol
Oh my...Barons, fool me once... you know i think i'm just going to sit on your contract until someone goes on IR

ksmith_fishin11_450_080513.jpg

Hope the wheelchair is water proof.. :lol :lol

DCX

DCX

DCX
I'm almost done with 2.0's logo, black and white and the team colors are Black/red and silver. I'll upload as soon as i'm done.

DCX

DY_nasty

The rosters are most likely locked until after tonight's game. Still, I'm really considering looking into replacing Mason with a guard. Mad Dog and Slava are really consistent and always play good together. I think we can go small ball in the second unit if we can get a guard to compliment Mugsy and Shuttlesworth.

LOL

Guess I'll have to give the remaining members of NeoGaf a call.

DY_nasty said:
The rosters are most likely locked until after tonight's game. Still, I'm really considering looking into replacing Mason with a guard. Mad Dog and Slava are really consistent and always play good together. I think we can go small ball in the second unit if we can get a guard to compliment Mugsy and Shuttlesworth.

LOL

defensive guard.

DY_nasty

viakado said:
defensive guard.

I agree. I wish Wade played a bit of defense... he'd be the perfect fit as a combo guard to compliment Mugsy and JESUS.

DY_nasty

Is The Machine on a team? Nice fit but I'd like a slasher guard, someone who can HANDLE THE BALL, play DEFENSE, and get to the rim. Thats all, I'm not hard to please.

I really like Mason, but if I'm gonna end up giving his spot away I want to make sure its for the best.

/GMTalk

AirBrian

pheeniks said:
Wait, WHAT contract? There wasn't a contract :lol

I'm going back to OKCBarons as soon as this goddamn site lets me.
Neogaf (1.0) is still around and has 5 players. Join them for now if you're having problems joining the other teams.

AirBrian

DY_nasty said:
Is The Machine on a team? Nice fit but I'd like a slasher guard, someone who can HANDLE THE BALL, play DEFENSE, and get to the rim. Thats all, I'm not hard to please.

I really like Mason, but if I'm gonna end up giving his spot away I want to make sure its for the best.

/GMTalk
He's on Team NeoGAF 2.0! :D

Karakand said:
God damn it is hard to follow this thread.

Get a jaerb! Preferably one that requires you to sit in front of a computer all day with a bunch of downtime.

DY_nasty said:

/GMTalk

Since the trade collapsed, I felt it would only be right for The Machine to return to 2.0.

DY_nasty

Who are the Team Captains now?

We all know that I am the

<------------------------ GM of The Forever

but who are the other shot callas around here?

Birdman02

DY_nasty said:

LOL

Join us friend....password is gafneo, although I'm not sure about our captain's status. At least you'll get some stats if your on our team tonight.

DY_nasty

Birdman02 said:
Join us friend....password is gafneo, although I'm not sure about our captain's status. At least you'll get some stats if your on our team tonight.

wat? Stats are meaningless for a Floor General.

Ray Ray turned Rany Fye into Randy Foye. And held his last 3 opposing guards to a combined 6-31 shooting.

DY_nasty

pheeniks said:
so what is the deal

dynasty, are you letting me go :(

where will i be tonight???

IF you can get back on you'll have your old locker back. We're in the process of making plans in case you leave though.

AirBrian

DY_nasty said:
Who are the Team Captains now?

We all know that I am the

<------------------------ GM of The Forever

but who are the other shot callas around here?
Yeah, it would be really nice if the OP was updated with everyone's players and CR names and team captains bolded or something.

DY_nasty

Thinkin about some line-up changes anyways... this might be the best time to try them out.

Enron

Banned
<------- Coach/GM of ACEN

/me puts on CHAMPIONSHIP RING and punches DY-nasty in the forehead

You know who I am now!

Top Bottom