• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Covid 19 Thread: [no bitching about masks of Fauci edition]

Kilau

This only mean the citizien are too selfish to wear mask for everyone good. Tgere is NO rule about wearing a mask, right?
So in Florida before the summer Desantis made mask mandates illegal, at least they had to have restrictions. Our county put one in effect again but it has to be revisited and passed again every week and can’t go longer than 6 consecutive weeks.

He also banned mask mandates in schools but apparently they are allowed as long as parents can opt their kids out. My county didn’t allow for that so the state is threatening to pull funding.

There have been no rules against an individual choosing to wear a mask on their own that I’m aware of.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I was wondering when the Florida death numbers would start to balloon.

Would like to know the age ranges and vax status to get a clearer picture. Florida has a huge elderly population as we all know and even though we have 86% of the 65+ vaccinated they can still get severe covid. I'll be calling my doctor tomorrow to see about getting a booster.

You can use the CDC's data tracker to mine the various data points you're looking for:

EDIT: Actually, you should just go to the data insights landing page and start from there:

And from there you get the idea. Might take some hunting and pecking to gather the other info you want. Also a reminder that Florida has historically underreported or even tried to prevent their COVID data from being accurately tracked and shared, so there might be some clearly missing or nonsensical chunks of data for Florida.

For example most states (almost all) have well-maintained Department of Health COVID data insight pages that store and present up-to-date data, in addition to their CDC-hosted data. Florida no longer even maintains their own Dept of Health data page, rather just a series of dubious static reports and a link to their CDC hub.

Last edited:

Kilau

You can use the CDC's data tracker to mine the various data points you're looking for:

EDIT: Actually, you should just go to the data insights landing page and start from there:

And from there you get the idea. Might take some hunting and pecking to gather the other info you want. Also a reminder that Florida has historically underreported or even tried to prevent their COVID data from being accurately tracked and shared, so there might be some clearly missing or nonsensical chunks of data for Florida.

For example most states (almost all) have well-maintained Department of Health COVID data insight pages that store and present up-to-date data, in addition to their CDC-hosted data. Florida no longer even maintains their own Dept of Health data page, rather just a series of dubious static reports and a link to their CDC hub.
Thanks, I'm not sure i'll be able to find that information any time soon, and yeah FL death reporting has always been bad the lag time, numbers not matching, etc.

東京都医師会の尾崎治夫会長は9日の記者会見で、新型コロナウイルスの感染拡大に対応するため、主に自宅療養者の重症化を防ぐ狙いで薬剤の緊急使用を提言した。海外で重症化を防ぐ効果が示されているとして、抗寄生虫薬「イベルメクチン」などをコロナ感染者らに投与すべきだと強調した。

イベルメクチンのほか、ステロイド系の抗炎症薬「デキサメタゾン」の使用を国が承認するよう求めた。尾崎氏は「(いずれも)副作用が少ない。かかりつけ医のレベルで治療ができるよう、国に検討してほしい」と述べた。

イベルメクチンもデキサメタゾンも国内で処方されている。ただ、コロナの治療薬としては承認されていない。8日時点で都内には自宅療養者が約1600人、入院先などが決まらず「調整中」になっている感染者も約1600人いる。軽症や無症状の多い自宅療養者の容体急変にどう対応するかも課題になっている。

尾崎氏は都内の1日当たり新規感染者数について「100人ぐらいまでに抑えることが4~6月の状況を良くする道だ」と強調した。都内では9日、412人の新規感染者が確認された。

Haruo Ozaki, chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association, recommended the emergency use of drugs at a press conference on the 9th, mainly to prevent the aggravation of home caregivers in order to respond to the spread of the new coronavirus infection. He emphasized that antiparasitic drugs such as "ivermectin" should be administered to corona-infected persons, saying that they have been shown to be effective in preventing aggravation overseas.

He called for the government to approve the use of ivermectin and the steroidal anti-inflammatory drug dexamethasone. Mr. Ozaki said, "(Both) have few side effects. I would like the government to consider treatment at the level of the family doctor."

Both ivermectin and dexamethasone are prescribed domestically. However, it has not been approved as a treatment for corona. As of the 8th, there are about 1,600 home recuperators in Tokyo, and about 1,600 infected people who are "under adjustment" because the hospitalization destination has not been decided. How to deal with sudden changes in the physical condition of home care patients who are often mild or asymptomatic is also an issue.

Mr. Ozaki emphasized that the number of newly infected people in Tokyo per day is "reducing the number to about 100 is the way to improve the situation from April to June." On the 9th, 412 newly infected people were confirmed in Tokyo.

Ivermectin and Dexamethasone have been approved for Tokyo(Japan?).

Dev1lXYZ

Speaking of Florida: Tallahassee resident here. Our country finally has mandated masks in schools for grades K-8 because two children, one of them a third grader, died from the virus earlier this week. Ronny D., in all his wisdom, is trying to have a judge block it. The ruling will be issued verbally tomorrow afternoon. Nonetheless, when enough people lose their loved ones to this virus, all hell is going to break loose. Excuses won’t cut it anymore.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

Ivermectin and Dexamethasone have been approved for Tokyo(Japan?).
That's not what the translation says.

Speaking of Florida: Tallahassee resident here. Our country finally has mandated masks in schools for grades K-8 because two children, one of them a third grader, died from the virus earlier this week. Ronny D., in all his wisdom, is trying to have a judge block it. The ruling will be issued verbally tomorrow afternoon. Nonetheless, when enough people lose their loved ones to this virus, all hell is going to break loose. Excuses won’t cut it anymore.
Let be real, unless it is n95, mask is not all that useless. It is better than nothing but socvial distncing and hand wash will do a lot more.

You got a link to that?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Sorry if this has been asked before. If you're vaccinated, get Covid, and feel fine, aren't you more likely to spread the virus compared to someone who's unvaccinated, gets Covid, feels like shit, and stays in bed for two weeks? Has anyone already addressed this?

Also, Japan seems to be leaning towards the horse paste. Such an uneducated country that Japan.

This image alone should be enough to make you want to get the vaccine:

c2a63a8d-9f33-490e-a3e6-eb7ee3f23c0d-Art_intubation1.png

No i misread it. Why the combative stance? I read through it in full. I misread that part.

in the context of your declaration you misread all of it, from the chairman suggesting it should be approved straight through to it not being approved only to come here and declare that is has been approved

the reason for my combatative stance is that you then asked someone else to check the bullshit you posted, rather than doing that diligence yourself before posting…be more careful with what you read and decide to share

in the context of your declaration you misread all of it
, from the chairman suggesting it should be approved straight through to it not being approved only to come here and declare that is has been approved

the reason for my combatative stance is that you then asked someone else to check the bullshit you posted, rather than doing that diligence yourself before posting…be more careful with what you read and decide to share
Huh? Misreading that part specifically the "not" vs without changes that part mainly. As for asking someone to check my bs. I thought the google translation was wrong so i asked what the proper translation was. I am really confused by all this weird reaction. You have taken the worst possible idea of intent. make me otu to be some kind of super villain.

Last edited:
Huh? Misreading that part specifically the "not" vs without changes that part mainly. As for asking someone to check my bs. I thought the google translation was wrong so i asked what the proper translation was. I am really confused by all this weird reaction. You have taken the worst possible idea of intent. make me otu to be some kind of super villain.

even the minister suggesting it should approved was not what you declared, where you had said it had been approved…you were wrong there too, a recommendation is not an approval

you are getting very defensive but there is a lesson for you here, I hope you take it

even the minister suggesting it should approved was not what you declared, where you had said it had been approved…you were wrong there too, a recommendation is not an approval

you are getting very defensive but there is a lesson for you here, I hope you take it
That was the previous sentence. I thought it was approved the next sentence. I am not so much getting defensive as getting confused by this reaction.

you are confused that you post bullshit without reading properly and are called out for it?
I'm done here. You are insane dude. And that post wasnt bullshit, my interpretation was because i misread one small part of it. You have taken the side of the very worst interpretation of what i posted. For no real reason.

Dev1lXYZ

You got a link to that?

Leon County Schools article regarding mask mandate.

Article regarding ruling from Judge coming later today.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Let be real, unless it is n95, mask is not all that useless. It is better than nothing but socvial distncing and hand wash will do a lot more.

I’m all for virtual schooling. We did it last year, and schools should have offered it as an option for this year as well. Instead, people wanted to get back to “normal” and said the hell with it. Now, we are caught flat footed once again, which is putting more and more kids behind. Who didn’t see this coming? 🙄

Kilau

Sorry if this has been asked before. If you're vaccinated, get Covid, and feel fine, aren't you more likely to spread the virus compared to someone who's unvaccinated, gets Covid, feels like shit, and stays in bed for two weeks? Has anyone already addressed this?

Also, Japan seems to be leaning towards the horse paste. Such an uneducated country that Japan.

We shouldn't conflate the veterinary version taken with no guidance for a doctor prescribed human drug.

So Covid is more deadly in Florida and other red states? The difference is in the policy.
Southern red states have been notorious for poor health compared to the rest of the country. Should be no surprise there, and Florida has a huge elderly population in addition.

Jaysen

Banned

It doesn’t say that at all. But don’t let that stop you from being a misleading dolt.

thefool

The chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association is indeed a big proponent of the usage of Ivermectin for COVID 19 prevention and treatment.

Leon County Schools article regarding mask mandate.

Article regarding ruling from Judge coming later today.

"Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare can confirm two pediatric deaths associated with COVID-19," a spokesperson said. "One was a child under 5 and the other was a child between 5 and 12, both within the last month."

I dont know if that means the children died of covid or not. When someone gets covid they dont get any other treatment for other illnesses because their immune system is compromised. I do not know if that happens in children. There hasnt been a case in Australia of a child getting Cytokine Storm. But things dont happen at the scale of what happen in the USA over here.

Jaysen

Banned
The chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association is indeed a big proponent of the usage of Ivermectin for COVID 19 prevention and treatment.

The prescribed version, not the horse paste shit that dumbasses run out to their feed store to buy when they feel sick.

Japan really fucked up their vaccine rollout program.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

“This antibody, which binds to a previously unknown site on the coronavirus spike protein, appears to neutralize all known sarbecoviruses – the genus of coronaviruses that cause respiratory infections in mammals,” said Nix, who is an affiliate in Berkeley Lab’s Biosciences Area. “And, due to the unique binding site on mutation-resistant part of the virus, it may well be more difficult for a new strain to escape.”

Subsequent tests in hamsters suggest that this antibody could even prevent a COVID-19 infection if given prophylactically. The new work was published in Nature.

Imagine if this proves to be true in humans following additional testing, and they're able to rapidly develop it into a treatment.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

god help us (click to see thread)

I think there is some sort of self sabotage going on here that goes much deeper than covid. These people will claim that it is the liberals or democrats that are out to get them, but they are using their own free will to essentially practice self destructive behavior -- pumping themselves full of toxins or going out of their way to behave recklessly in order to contract covid and hurt their loved ones and sometimes die themselves. liberals aren't making them do this...they are doing this because it's what they want.I don't understand it

Last edited:

squallheart

We had a few positives at work recently. I've been lucky so far.
Me and sis are unvaccinated along with a client we work in health care. So far all the covid 19 outbreaks we've had are from vaccinated people. We just had one yesterday and face palmed because they believe since they're vaccinated they can do whatever. Since we're both unvaccinated we get tested weekly and so far no infections.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Me and sis are unvaccinated along with a client we work in health care. So far all the covid 19 outbreaks we've had are from vaccinated people. We just had one yesterday and face palmed because they believe since they're vaccinated they can do whatever. Since we're both unvaccinated we get tested weekly and so far no infections.
We've had a few vaccinated get infected, and a few unvaccinated. I've never had it, but I just do the usual mask stuff, and always wash my hands every time or use sanitizer before touching my mask. So far I've just been lucky basically. Early data on the booster looks pretty promising, so that'll be nice.

Thaedolus

(Anecdotal): we have facilities in multiple states, including Texas. The Texas one is in a county with ~30% vaccination rate, and it’s the only place we’re having issues with outbreaks 🤷‍♀️

god help us (click to see thread)

I think there is some sort of self sabotage going on here that goes much deeper than covid. These people will claim that it is the liberals or democrats that are out to get them, but they are using their own free will to essentially practice self destructive behavior -- pumping themselves full of toxins or going out of their way to behave recklessly in order to contract covid and hurt their loved ones and sometimes die themselves. liberals aren't making them do this...they are doing this because it's what they want.I don't understand it

if they’re not ostracised for not taking the vaccine then they surely will be for shitting themselves in public

Top Bottom