• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coworker sniffed my lunch. I made him buy a new one. Am I being unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People breath and gasses are flowing through the air all day and especially in enclosed areas like an office building. The particles from your office workers and the people who prepared your food are all over it.

But I do understand. I have an issue sitting in someone else's but heat. You did go too far and it sounds like you hurt his feelings.

There's an older guy at my job who slides up to you at the bathroom urinal and wispers "what's up brotha!" with his hoarse accented voice right before slipping you a Worthers Original underhand like we're making a drug transaction.

TeegsD

Seriously, it's like a scene out of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Clearly it wasn't smart on Arnold's part but Jesus Christ, why burn a bridge over something so small?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I just sniffed my screen and there's nothing you can do about it.

Daffy Duck

You overreacted for sure, but Arnold shouldn't have just picked it up and sniffed it. You can just apologies in how you said it and move on.

But Arnild will be back so you can make friends with him.

borborygmus

OP, I'm gonna go ahead and agree with you. That guy needs to learn a lesson about personal space.

You shouldn't apologize if you don't want someone handling your food.

Exactly. I'm probably more angry that he felt comfortable enough with me to touch, open, and move my food. Sniffing it in and breathing it is just gross. I'm sure things will be fine, but he needs to know when too close is too close. Me not saying anything could be just as bad as me doing what I did. I agree, leaving the food for him was passive aggressive, but he sure did take it home, from what I could tell. I HAVE to trust people that prepare food for a living around my food. I don't trust him with my food.

Maybe. I don't know what I would have actually done afterward though, but
making him buy a new one does sound like a good revenge

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Whenever stuff like this happens, i imagine how I'd react if someone i was very physically attracted to did this. If like... Emma Stone sniffed my Ramen soup, you best believe i would slurp that up ravenously.

Okay, maybe not like that, but i wouldn't care at least

Kozak

Banned
Whenever stuff like this happens, i imagine how I'd react if someone i was very physically attracted to did this. If like... Emma Stone sniffed my Ramen soup, you best believe i would slurp that up ravenously.

Okay, maybe not like that, but i wouldn't care at least

Hey man, you should have more self-worth.

If Emma Stone does that you tell her that it is not okay.

Keasar

You caused a scene. He took a sniff. Had he spit, spat, shat, snort, boogered, sneezed, pissed, dived into etc. your food I would have understand it but all he did was take a whiff of it.

Could have just said you were a bit uncomfortable with it and be done with it.

Brofist

Not enough aggression. Should have offered another sniff and stuffed his face into the food yelling out "how's that smell now huh, how's that smell"

Chao

There's probably a fair amount of fecal matter, bug parts and other shit you don't even know on your not-prepared-by-you food.

The proximity of your coworker's nose is the least of your problems.

Yes, you overreacted, you could have told him just "come on man, don't do that" and eat your food like a grown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom