• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon sequel to begin shooting in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

oh does he cry? I can't remember I guess, I don't think he tried to stop her.

Yeah he didn't stop her. He just standing there. But he does cry a bit.

It is a bit of a weird ending though. If the Legend is true she will be with him again in the desert. Then why does he cry. Visually it also seems she floats away rather than fall to her death.
Also according to the books she will be in part 5 (this one was part 4) Which suggests she did survive. However I don't know if the movies ending follows the book ending

bengraven

I like Yu. I like Yu a lot. I may even love Yu.

But I wish we could get Ang back. That said, I'm excited for this and maybe now we can get good translations of all the books in the series here in the States. Yu never know.

andycapps

The first was such a perfect movie. I watched it so many times when I got it on DVD. Was one of those first movies I used to really show off surround sound on my PS2. It's probably time to rewatch this. Wonder if there's a blu-ray version.

Honestly, not sure how interested I am in a sequel. It could be great, but odds are it'll be a retcon and be horrible.

x-Lundz-x

This would be nice.

Although, yeah, wow. So many sequels going on elsewhere, when not for this too. Hopefully it's good.

I've recently have found a love for martial arts films thanks to a friend of mine. I know Donnie Yen has been in a ton of stuff, and things I have seen like Blade 2 but I never really recognized him.

My buddy told me to watch Ip Man and I was like this guy is amazing! I have been tracking down all his films and watching them. Iron Monkey was pretty awesome. He is just a badass.

Raad

Banned
No Ang Lee, No sell.

Ang Lee is a genius and he is a key part of what made the first amazing. No need for sequel. Movie ended exactly as it needed to.

destrudo

It's not just the lack of Ang Lee, it's mainly the guy they're getting to direct hasn't really done anything very good. Unless you love Freddy vs. Jason.

Akahige

It's not just the lack of Ang Lee, it's mainly the guy they're getting to direct hasn't really done anything very good. Unless you love Freddy vs. Jason.
It's been a long time since I saw it but I remember The Bride with White Hair being good and Fearless is great.

RiZ III

Don't really k is what's supposed to happen in the sequels, but I hope they can get zhang zyi if her character is appearing again.

Warriors of Virtue had more convincing fight scenes than Crouching Tiger. The former movie was about a bunch of Kung Fu Kangaroos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom