• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

vehn

If I wanted to sell some OMG and put it into USD, what would be the best way to do that now? The OMG-USD is up 10%, but I have a bunch in bittrex which doesn't seem to offer that.

I could convert to BTC, but OMG-BTC is only up 4% and OMG-ETH only up 2%, so wouldn't be as big of a gain there.

PolishQ

If I wanted to sell some OMG and put it into USD, what would be the best way to do that now? The OMG-USD is up 10%, but I have a bunch in bittrex which doesn't seem to offer that.

I could convert to BTC, but OMG-BTC is only up 4% and OMG-ETH only up 2%, so wouldn't be as big of a gain there.

OMG-BTC isn't up as much because BTC-USD is up, right? You'll get the same total USD regardless, assuming you convert from OMG to BTC and then BTC to USD (on GDAX, for example).

Sony

Nintendo
Think it has to do with BTC going nuts and the fact that it's still only on one exchange and that the listing on Binance might have been delayed.

Plus it rose like a 100% in a single week not too long ago so it might also be a slight correction.

I'm willing to buy some IOTA but I'm not sure if this is the right price. I know it'll get a slight boost from being listed on Binance.. but still, I feel like it could loose at least 25% more

Brohan

I'm willing to buy some IOTA but I'm not sure if this is the right price. I know it'll get a slight boost from being listed on Binance.. but still, I feel like it could loose at least 25% more

Don't think it will drop much lower as i think it has been consistently around 0.79 cents..

Could be wrong though..

Anyways i just read on the subreddit that there is news of New exchanges coming this week as in multiple.

So this might actually be a good entry point.

But as always think for yourself and know that you are always taking a risk.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I haven't invested in IOTA, but I've been following it and would invest a few bucks if it ever hit Bittrex at this price.

Sony

Nintendo
Yeah I've read the IOTAmarkets reddit.. I think it's a decent entry point. I'll buy some.

I haven't invested in IOTA, but I've been following it and would invest a few bucks if it ever hit Bittrex at this price.

Isn't it highly unlikely that it would be added to another exchange being the same price it is now? Also, why Bittrex specifically?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Isn't it highly unlikely that it would be added to another exchange being the same price it is now? Also, why Bittrex specifically?

Honestly, just tired of dealing with other exchanges, especially the verification part. Some I don't trust, and some don't even serve U.S. folks, e.g., Bitfinex. So, I now just really deal with my go-to spots, none of which sell IOTA. The only exception I made was for DNT.

Sony

Nintendo
My NEO buy order was 0.00001 too short... I missed out on cheap neo.. Hopefully it'll drop to the 71 area, I'll get it immediately.

ARK shooting up again!

Brohan

Honestly, just tired of dealing with other exchanges, especially the verification part. Some I don't trust, and some don't even serve U.S. folks, e.g., Bitfinex. So, I now just really deal with my go-to spots, none of which sell IOTA. The only exception I made was for DNT.

If IOTA does get listed on Bittrex then i'm sending my IOTA over from bitfinex.

Would use the official wallet if it was better but they are working on that.

Sony

Nintendo
I have a tough choice to make... do I sell my BNB at a loss and invest in other coins.. or do I hold BNB :(

Brohan

I have a tough choice to make... do I sell my BNB at a loss and invest in other coins.. or do I hold BNB :(

I would not switch all the time.. Especially not at a loss.

The losses i experienced during my first two weeks were mostly due to switching coins at unfortunate times.

You only lose if you sell. I would recommend waiting. It'll pump in time.

As Brohan said, the first few times we see a coin we bought dip, we think about chasing the money to some other that is pumping. It might work. Most of the times it won't and you'll only be adding to your losses.

Hang in there. BNB is gonna bounce back. I'm also into BNB and waiting too.

Sony

Nintendo
Thanks for the reassurance. I'll hold to BNB, I bought some NEO, I'll buy some IOTA and leave some BTC to buy ARK when it corrects. ARK is shooting up again..

Hmm I'm a bit worried, my ETH transaction hasn't been deposited yet and the txid can't be found..

Edit: BNB is up.. dodget a bullet there..

Brandson

Just a heads-up that Ethereum has a hard-coded enforced mining reward reduction coming soon (I believe tomorrow August 25) I think in the form of a difficulty increase.

If miners want to keep receiving the same profit as before the reduction, the price of Ethereum has to go up.

Or, miners could throw a fit and move to another coin to mine, messing with ETH's hash rate and causing the price to drop, but I doubt it.

Unless other market factors coincide with this change, logically the price of ETH should go up to the $360-$380 range once everyone understands this.

Just quoting my August 24 post for my own reference.

At the time of the quoted post, ETH was $323.

At the time of this post, ETH is $374. Feels good to get one right. Hope some of you were able to benefit from that.

Don't sell, what did you buy at? I'd wait for a pump on it or even if it gets back up to what you paid for it. I've made the same mistakes with some coins in the past and end up losing money.

Like someone here said, I now kind of regret selling my OMG for ARK but eh, I haven't lost any money yet. Plus I made more adding BTC on the dip last week.

OMG seems really solid. From my observations it mirrors BTC quite closely.

Drifters

DIHHyw0UAAAdtKK.jpg
yup.

Drifters

Still sitting on $NXT hoping for that $ARDR bump in the next coming weeks. Also, went hard in on $SC w/ 710 coins; Quite frankly, this is really cool shit these people are doing. I think the Crypto side of it is just icing on the cake as to what these tech companies are actually doing with blockchain.

After putting up a bunch of low buy orders up for some coins a couple of weeks ago, my portfolio looks like this now.

51655 sia
10 neo
80500 verge
10800 xtrabytes
14600 dgb
105 bnb

Still got some orders up for verge and dgb. Overall i´m up like ~100% from where i bought them back then.

Just keeping them stored and going to continue to add to them and others in the future.

Looking forward to retiring in 3-5 years and live on a private island with the rest of crypto gaf lol.

Sony

Nintendo
Wow, OMG.. why didn't I buy it was on my radar.. f00k
Now it's a bit too high to jump in, hoping it'll drop a bit

Donos

Bought OMG almost at the same prices i bougt Antshares/neo back then. At 3€ and 5€. Almost same amount. That has to mean something... :)

Brohan

Any promising new ICOs? CHCK-N appears to have an innovative concept.
http://www.einpresswire.com/article...eside-on-millions-of-mobile-devices-worldwide

http://www.tokenlab.io/
I think I'll put some dough into Tokenlab in October first, then CHCK-N whenever that launches. Too many boozers and selfie addicts in the world for it not to be a success.

Was just looking at ICON which kinda sounds like it's aiming to do the same as ARK?

https://icon.foundation/en/

Website looks good.. They are asking 1 ETH for 2500 tokens (minimum entry is like 0.01 ETH) with 400 mil Total cap.

Let me know what you think.

Wouldnt mind trying out an ICO.

Brohan

Looks good, but I wonder if it might end up redundant... Or just another pump n dump.

Guess it's all a gamble huh.

I'm going to wait and see how my current portfolio is faring after i come back from vacation at the end of September and if it's doing well then i wont mind taking a chance.

Looking to invest more into crypto if it goes well anyways.

Donos

This is literally the worst investment/trading advice in this entire thread.

Worst advise in this thread? Really? People who bought in after a rise and slid into a dip afterwards should immediately sell with a loss? So you say BNB is never going to rise over $2.5 again (in the near future)?

Copenap

Worst advise in this thread? Really? People who bought in after a rise and slid into a dip afterwards should immediately sell with a loss? So you say BNB is never going to rise over $2.5 again (in the near future)?
This is just such a terrible way of thinking and has no place in investing. That said, it probably is the most common mistake novices make so I don't blame anyone.

There is no difference in whether the loss is on paper or realized. Your investment decision should only be concerned with whether you would invest in that asset at it's current price. If yes, stay invested. If not, why would you hang on to it?

DonMigs85

This is just such a terrible way of thinking and has no place in investing. That said, it probably is the most common mistake novices make so I don't blame anyone.

There is no difference in whether the loss is on paper or realized. Your investment decision should only be concerned with whether you would invest in that asset at it's current price. If yes, stay invested. If not, why would you hang on to it?
Because crypto is incredibly volatile and unpredictable?

tanuki

Sold my OMG yesterday thinking it would dip after hitting $9 and now it's touching $11. I also accidentally used all my bitcoin to buy into Neo when it dipped yesterday (only meant to use my OMG funds) and bitcoin hit ATH. Should've just held. 😅

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Sold my OMG yesterday thinking it would dip after hitting $9 and now it's touching $11. I also accidentally used all my bitcoin to buy into Neo when it dipped yesterday (only meant to use my OMG funds) and bitcoin hit ATH. Should've just held. 😅

You know, this ride never ends.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Watching where ARK will make a new base line. My guess is between 0.00045 and 0.00050. Buy walls are forming in that area.

Anyone watching or in XBY here? Seems they are gearing up for a big marketing push starting 4th September so they must have some big news to announce so expecting a price bump soon.

Anyone watching or in XBY here? Seems they are gearing up for a big marketing push starting 4th September so they must have some big news to announce so expecting a price bump soon.

I´m in and wanna buy more.

My greed tells me to wait for lower prices. But i also kinda wanna put up my buy order higher.

DKF590

BNB on the rise again finally. Still have a ton of faith in this coin but I'll admit I was a bit scared with the quick drop off earlier in the week. Not just the price but the extreme drop off in daily trading volume.

Glad to see it rising again. Probably gunna hold onto this coin til the end of the year at least and trade with the rest of my crypto holdings.

Top Bottom