• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Danielsan

Yeah, I should stop selling / buying shit today. The swings are way too large and unpredictable today, Cost me quite a bit. Harsh learning school I guess. Got bruned by both NEO and ARK.

Brohan

Yeah, I should stop selling / buying shit today. The swings are way too large and unpredictable today, Cost me quite a bit. Harsh learning school I guess. Got bruned by both NEO and ARK.

ARK is going back up so i hope it will not have burned you in the end.

Welcome to my world on Sunday, I did that on a few coins and while I was ahead because I had bought so low it still took off the top of my profits.

Muddimar

NEO will be just fine. People freak out at every tiny bit of news that doesn't fit their agenda. Chinese government regulation on the coin was pretty much expected. It's not a bad thing.

pieface

NEO will be just fine. People freak out at every tiny bit of news that doesn't fit their agenda. Chinese government regulation on the coin was pretty much expected. It's not a bad thing.

One that blocks Chinese people from participating in their ICO's? That was not expected...

Muddimar

One that blocks Chinese people from participating in their ICO's? That was not expected...

Ether will have the same regulations right? Should we sell all Ether as well? This isn't directed at just NEO?

edit: legit asking, because that was my understanding.

pieface

Ether will have the same regulations right? Should we sell all Ether as well? This isn't directed at just NEO?

edit: legit asking, because that was my understanding.

I'm not really sure. But NEO was kinda aimed at Chinese companies, so you'd expect a lot of Chinese money to come into it.

I think NEO was way overhyped to begin with and a correction was healthy, but not sure many anticipated it.

Sony

Nintendo
Wow... 66k to 56k in about 10 minutes with ARK. Huge dump. :(

Guess at which level I bought ARK.

Fuck. My. Life.

I also can't buy extra NEO now it's low cause I'll have to sell ARK for that.. I bought it at 60 average. I can't sell it below that ..

Tk0n

Guess at which level I bought ARK.

Fuck. My. Life.

I also can't buy extra NEO now it's low cause I'll have to sell ARK for that.. I bought it at 60 average. I can't sell it below that ..

It will be back there eventually.
A lot of coins dropped when btc made its moves. If you look at the constellation "ath for btc + ath for ark", the drop isnt too bad yet.
But it sure cost some momentum.

Donos

Reading the last page, some of you are making your life more stressful than needed. Constantly chasing the pumps and changing coins hourly is probably not really fruitful but if it works for you, more power to you.

Don't let the FOMO overcome you though.

Entered ETH at around $180 when there was that big drop in july.

Held when it kept dropping to $150.

Now I made $1500 off it in about a month, and I'm glad I took the risk when it was plunging. Now if there was only a way to buy IOTA easily in the U.S.

The ICO regulating news from China really put everyone into a panic.

From what I gathered, this doesn't affect only NEO. It prevents chinese from taking part in any ICO for now. Regulations will be put in place and this will mean that the money chinese want to invest will be funneled into the ICO's that respect the regulations (which can only be good if we take into account the quantity of vaporware and scams the we see everyday).

Again, this isn't about NEO specifically but against having unregulated ICO's where everyone and their mom has an ICO and takes money from people. I can only see this as a good thing in the long run.

Besides, ICO's aren't the fuel of this market. Chinese can still buy whatever shitcoin they damn please on the exchanges.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I feel like ARK is the most commonly held coin on GAF. Our fortunes rise and fall together!

See, I have the money to put into ARK. I'm confident that it will rise in value.

But putting 5K into something, that even when confident in, is just too much for me for such a volatile, unregulated market.

PolishQ

Yeah, I've put $1k into the market over three months, and I think that's my limit. I'm hoping that my holdings will grow enough over the next year that I can take out my initial investment without making a big dent in my portfolio's value. As it stands I've basically tripled my money but I'd like to get up to 10x before taking anything out.

Sony

Nintendo
The dust has settled.. ARK is stable.. Neo is stable..

I wonder if I should get NEO at this price.. or if I should get ARK at this price..

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Main question of the day - how low will NEO sink, when asian cryto scene wakes up

Wow, glad that I got rid of MCO in the afternoon before it started to sink, it is falling down hard right now

Sony

Nintendo
Main question of the day - how low will NEO sink, when asian cryto scene wakes up

Wow, glad that I got rid of MCO in the afternoon before it started to sink, it is falling down hard right now

Do you think NEO will sink even more tomorrow when the asian market wakes up? I'm holding off from buying NEO for as long as possible..

Do you guys think BNB will get a hit tomorrow?

Guys, what is your take on IOTA? The tech is really promising but I'm puzzled by its downward trend...

Brohan

BTC's rise is really having alot of influence on my alt coins..

Guys, what is your take on IOTA? The tech is really promising but I'm puzzled by its downward trend...

Think it has to do with BTC going nuts and the fact that it's still only on one exchange and that the listing on Binance might have been delayed.

Plus it rose like a 100% in a single week not too long ago so it might also be a slight correction.

Top Bottom