• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

PolishQ

Is there any easy way to buy either one of these with USD? What does everyone think of Followcoin? It is a new venture with independent artist Nipsey Hussle as one of the backers.

Not directly. Pretty much the only coins you can buy with USD are Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. So for example you could buy some BTC on a site like Coinbase, send it to an exchange that has TNT like Liqui, and then exchange the BTC for TNT.

I haven't used Liqui personally, not sure if that's a "good" exchange or not.

Florincoin is on Bittrex, which I can vouch for.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not directly. Pretty much the only coins you can buy with USD are Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. So for example you could buy some BTC on a site like Coinbase, send it to an exchange that has TNT like Liqui, and then exchange the BTC for TNT.

I haven't used Liqui personally, not sure if that's a "good" exchange or not.

Florincoin is on Bittrex, which I can vouch for.

I've used Liqui without an issue, but it was just one purchase...

Brohan

This has been an amazing ride so far. I knew in the back of my mind Bitfinex was gonna give me trouble but I wanted some IOTA so I registered.

Since withdrawing my IOTA from there to my wallet it has been nothing but trouble. It's been 12h since I confirmed the withdrawal and it was still processing last time I checked. Now I can't log in. I changed my password because I was thinking maybe I was mistaken and now I'm apparently locked out of my own account because I tried too many log ins from the same IP lol.

Thing is, I can't understand why I couldn't log in in the first place. I use a password manager so it was impossible to be the wrong password.

Wow that really sucks... I hope that even though you Can't get back into your bitfinex account that eventually your transaction shows up in your wallet.

I'm not fond of bitfinex myself but have never experienced login problems or problems with withdrawing for that matter. Maybe i have been very lucky.

Maybe write something to their support?

Wow that really sucks... I hope that even though you Can't get back into your bitfinex account that eventually your transaction shows up in your wallet.

I'm not fond of bitfinex myself but have never experienced login problems or problems with withdrawing for that matter. Maybe i have been very lucky.

Maybe write something to their support?

Just did. Now I wait and wait for my transaction to clear. As soon as IOTA gets listed on another exchange I'll buy more. I'm burned with bitfinex. Not the exchange for me.

Eiji

Got into the ChainLink presale. Going in heavy.

YAnRaJU.png

bigedole

Hey all, I'm a new lurker here :) I started dabbling in crypto's a couple weeks back, right now my foundation is Ark and DGB. The first is what I'm hoping is a reliable/moderate growth project (with the awesome 8-10% annual return from PoS!) and the second is my shoot for the moon maybe I'll get a lot of money out of this hope. I'm currently looking at putting like a small amount into OMG. It's looking like it's going to be here to stay, and wondering if it could follow a similar growth to ETH itself. Fighting with myself over whether it's best to buy in now or wait a couple days for a possible pull back, but probably going to just go now since it's basically impossible to time these things and if it's a long term prospect, may as well just jump in!

Anywho, just saying hi :)

Cipherr

Just did. Now I wait and wait for my transaction to clear. As soon as IOTA gets listed on another exchange I'll buy more. I'm burned with bitfinex. Not the exchange for me.

Jesus thats insane. I registered there too with the same idea of getting my hands on IOTA since it wasn't anywhere else. Glad I decided against it. Fuck it Ill wait until it hits the other exchanges. Perhaps Binance...

Price will probably spike when it goes somewhere else. We can't be the only people that are interested but dislike Bitfinex.

Jesus thats insane. I registered there too with the same idea of getting my hands on IOTA since it wasn't anywhere else. Glad I decided against it. Fuck it Ill wait until it hits the other exchanges. Perhaps Binance...

Price will probably spike when it goes somewhere else. We can't be the only people that are interested but dislike Bitfinex.

What the hell...I just got into my account and now it says that my withdrawal was denied due to changing my password. Now I cannot make any withdrawal until 4th of September.

This exchange has been full of surprises. At least they didn't send my IOTA into oblivion. I should feel lucky.

What's brewing? I always thought that the tech behind it was solid but even the devs said they have no interest in the price of the coin.

It was starting to go up, but last I checked it was dropping again. SC is solid tech, but it doesn't help with the amount of coins that they have and then the Obelisk miners pissing people off when they were announced. Then add competition from Filecoin, Storj, and NEO planning to offer something similar in their economy.

DonMigs85

It was starting to go up, but last I checked it was dropping again. SC is solid tech, but it doesn't help with the amount of coins that they have and then the Obelisk miners pissing people off when they were announced. Then add competition from Filecoin, Storj, and NEO planning to offer something similar in their economy.
I'm only holding 1000 SC now just in case it reaches a dollar in the next few years.

So, for TNT, is there like a regular wallet out for that?

Like, have client with a wallet file that i can copy and save? Or is it this whole song and dance with online wallet where i have to create passphrases and keys and shit.

Donos

So, for TNT, is there like a regular wallet out for that?

Like, have client with a wallet file that i can copy and save? Or is it this whole song and dance with online wallet where i have to create passphrases and keys and shit.

It's still rather quiet on TNT since the Token distribution was scheduled for early September but got brought forward to last week. News on exchanges, wallet etc are still scheduled for beginning of september. So if you want some, better get it while it's rather cheap.

Since the ICO, it has already tripled and that mostly when it was only on that horror exchange EtherDelta. I bought a bit more since i believe this token is at least good for a major pump (see EOS).

It's still rather quiet on TNT since the Token distribution was scheduled for early September but got brought forward to last week. News on exchanges, wallet etc are still scheduled for beginning of september. So if you want some, better get it while it's rather cheap.

Since the ICO, it has already tripled and that mostly when it was only on that horror exchange EtherDelta. I bought a bit more since i believe this token is at least good for a major pump (see EOS).

Ok, i have the buy-order set up already. Which is why i was looking for a wallet. Will have to wait for it then.

gaming_noob

NAV is gaining. A lot of people say it reminds them of Antshares/NEO. Some think it will be $1-2 by year's end, and conservatively ~$20 next year. Exciting.

dno_1966

NAV is gaining. A lot of people say it reminds them of Antshares/NEO. Some think it will be $1-2 by year's end, and conservatively ~$20 next year. Exciting.

I sold mine earlier for >30% profit, will rebuy on the dip, just on the off chance these people are correct ;-)

tzare

I started with BTC, ETH and XRP (1/3 of my money on each) about a month ago. Between buying and selling I got 20% in the period (could have been much more though). I think its good to diversify even if you are not putting a lot of money. Its good because you end up paying attention to more coins.

Right now I am only on BTC and trying to decide what to invest for the next month or so. I am only on Kraken so I dont have many options, all those small coins that people talk about here all the time are not available there.

thanks for the tip, i will do this way.

Where can i find a little info on what coins exist their price etc...?

I'm looking to buy more today... wish I had at 2.19. Might just swallow the bullet and do it now.

I think he's asking which of those 3 to buy initially in order to start doing trading. I just bought BTC myself in order to trade with.

Yes, the initial idea was to buy a specific coin first, but i think that trying with 2-3 is also viable and may help me to understand how this works.

Which places are recommended to buy them , i am in Spain if that matters, and which sites, or apps to keep an eye on their evolution?

That is anyone's guess. BTC, ETH, even LTC are the less risky ones, but of course this lower volatility works both ways. A month ago the new coolest thing was NEO, now it corrected a bit and it's a bit more stable, there's also ARK, OMG, IOTA... Your options are a lot, but the more exotic your coin the more like gambling it is.

Thanks any tip is welcome :)

Btw, how are these coins stored, do i have to have specific hw or the services i buy them from can be used as wallets?
Which is the best one to start? coinbase poloniex? any other?

Tk0n

whats so hot about NAV?
as i understand its just like the hundreds of other (unused) anonymous crypto payment methods. well, its got POS, thats a plus. but i cant really seem to grasp what should differentiate it from the rest. what makes it special.

i fear its just a pump and dump and next week it will be back in the 30 cent region.

Business

thanks for the tip, i will do this way.

Where can i find a little info on what coins exist their price etc...?

Yes, the initial idea was to buy a specific coin first, but i think that trying with 2-3 is also viable and may help me to understand how this works.

Which places are recommended to buy them , i am in Spain if that matters, and which sites, or apps to keep an eye on their evolution?

Thanks any tip is welcome :)

Btw, how are these coins stored, do i have to have specific hw or the services i buy them from can be used as wallets?
Wich is the best one to start? coinbase poloniex? any other?

Cryptocoincount is a site I use to keep track, someone recommended it in this thread and it works really good for me. Coinmarketcap is a good site to check prices, market caps, volume...

As for storing, you'll have a wallet address for every coin on every exchange you have. You can also take control ans install a wallet for that spceific coin on your PC and store it there (backup!). There are also hardware wallets but I have no experience with these.

tzare

Cryptocoincount is a site I use to keep track, someone recommended it in this thread and it works really good for me. Coinmarketcap is a good site to check prices, market caps, volume...

As for storing, you'll have a wallet address for every coin on every exchange you have. You can also take control ans install a wallet for that spceific coin on your PC and store it there (backup!). There are also hardware wallets but I have no experience with these.

thanks!

Which exchange would you recommend? Coinbase? Kraken? others?
I will start with 150-200€ maximum.

Crispy

thanks!

Which exchange would you recommend? Coinbase? Kraken? others?
I will start with 150-200€ maximum.

Kraken has worked out well for me, started last week.

There aren't a whole lot of coins on there though, so I also wanted to register at Bittrex, but my phone verification failed and since then I've been waiting on a reply from their service desk. Has been 3 days now...so I'm considering checking out another exchange.

tzare

Kraken has worked out well for me, started last week.

There aren't a whole lot of coins on there though, so I also wanted to register at Bittrex, but my phone verification failed and since then I've been waiting on a reply from their service desk. Has been 3 days now...so I'm considering checking out another exchange.

thanks mate! will try those.

Okay guys, here's the hot 10 coins to invest in for next month:

http://itsblockchain.com/2017/08/29/...-in-september/
BAT
BTS
1ST
WAVES
STRAT
PART
Qtum
BNB
0x
CFI

For reference purposes, here's their list for August. Not too shabby.

http://itsblockchain.com/2017/07/31/...est-in-august/

i guess these are more of a gamble than buyin BTC or ETH.... but it would be interesting to try. Can i buy those from any exchange?

So I just got a few embers and apparently MBRS holders get free airdrops of other tokens? It's basically free money. I'm getting free musiconomi tokens and DOM tokens in september.

Get into this while it's still cheap.

Brohan

Crazy when you think a month ago it retracted to 1800 and people were saying the end was coming. It might hit 5000 by EOY.

Yeah it's insane. It's a bummer i didnt start immediately after the crash.

My first two weeks i fucked up so much and i'm still like 30-40% up.. This really shows that there really is money to be made in crypto.

Top Bottom