• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

I´m in and wanna buy more.

My greed tells me to wait for lower prices. But i also kinda wanna put up my buy order higher.

Yeah it's difficult to buy at the minute as with the news coming soon people are slowly accumulating. If you didn't know though do not buy it off Yobit, wallet is in maintenance so can't withdraw it. The devs have been trying for ages to get Yobit to update and at the weekend it went back online briefly and people were able to withdraw but then quickly went back into maintenance to everyone's frustration. Seems like Yobit weren't happy that everyone started withdrawing immediately when it went back online.

Buy off C-Cex and Cryptopia to be safe.

Edit - oh if you haven't already then join their Slack channel as it's very active and a good source for info. Their trading channel especially can be a goldmine for info on coins that are about to take off.

Tk0n

damn, someone just filled all the ark buy orders on bittrex down to 0.0005.
looks like somebody doesnt want it to recover so soon :D

Danielsan

ARK dropping like a rock again. Wish I hadn't bought in @ 57k yesterday, but so it goes. I'll gladly hold on to it until it goes in for another run.

Tk0n

ARK dropping like a rock again. Wish I hadn't bought in @ 57k yesterday, but so it goes. I'll gladly hold on to it until it goes in for another run.

yeah, i also got rid of my PIVX and STRAT and bought a bit more ARK on the "dip" to 57 :D
im not too concerned for the price, i think it will be back up in the 60k range in no time. im just a bit pissed because i could have bought more if i had waited ;)

transfered my ARK to the wallet so i dont get tempted to sell and buy back in...
i might buy some more if it drops a bit further.

Yeah it's difficult to buy at the minute as with the news coming soon people are slowly accumulating. If you didn't know though do not buy it off Yobit, wallet is in maintenance so can't withdraw it. The devs have been trying for ages to get Yobit to update and at the weekend it went back online briefly and people were able to withdraw but then quickly went back into maintenance to everyone's frustration. Seems like Yobit weren't happy that everyone started withdrawing immediately when it went back online.

Buy off C-Cex and Cryptopia to be safe.

Edit - oh if you haven't already then join their Slack channel as it's very active and a good source for info. Their trading channel especially can be a goldmine for info on coins that are about to take off.

Yeah, Yobit suck. Been buying on c-cex but thanks anyways. But that site is starting to piss me off with it´s frequent maintenances.

Tk0n

Is this supposed to be an arguement for anything?

people here bought BNB as a long term hold with risk but also potential.
that potential is still there but so is the risk. it increased its traded worth 10 times in a month. a dip was expected. i think even the first post in this thread, mentioning BNB, has "it might dip a bit once its used for trading".

i think a 20% dip from its ath is not a reason to panic sell. if youre just chasing the pump coin of the week, selling on every dip and selling for less than you invested, to get the next hot thing, youre going crazy (and broke). especially if youre trying to hop on moving trains all the time.

tzare

HI, i would like to try a bit into this criptocurrency world, but i am lost, any advice or site i could get a bit of info before jumping in?
Not gonna spend much, maybe 200€ to try,

Any coin dropping that i already have or want to invest more in, dropping doesn´t bother me. Means more cheaper coins for me, as i plan to add more over time.

If you´re only in for a specific coin short-term and riding pumps, yeah that would suck.

Copenap

people here bought BNB as a long term hold with risk but also potential.
that potential is still there but so is the risk. it increased its traded worth 10 times in a month. a dip was expected. i think even the first post in this thread, mentioning BNB, has "it might dip a bit once its used for trading".

i think a 20% dip from its ath is not a reason to panic sell. if youre just chasing the pump coin of the week, selling on every dip and selling for less than you invested, to get the next hot thing, youre going crazy (and broke). especially if youre trying to hop on moving trains all the time.
That is not even close to what I was suggesting.

The innitual claim by some poster was that "it is only a loss if you sell". That is complete bullshit.

I specifically said if you still believe in your investment you should hold. You should not hold if the only reason is you don't want to realize losses.

Business

HI, i would like to try a bit into this criptocurrency world, but i am lost, any advice or site i could get a bit of info before jumping in?
Not gonna spend much, maybe 200€ to try,

First thing is converting these euros into crypto. When I started I used Bitstamp and Coinbase (this one is expensive), to take crypto back into eur I think now I will use Kraken.

Once you have BTC (or ETH or LTC) it's very easy to go to other exchanges that only use crypto and do your trading there, say Bittrex or Binance.

tzare

First thing is converting these euros into crypto. When I started I used Bitstamp and Coinbase (this one is expensive), to take crypto back into eur I think now I will use Kraken.

Once you have BTC (or ETH or LTC) it's very easy to go to other exchanges that only use crypto and do your trading there, say Bittrex or Binance.

thanks, which one would be the better fit for a newcomer? Maybe ETH?
Any website or blog i could get some info because seems quite complicated and lots of options.

Brohan

I feel that ARK has support at 50k+ and that dips below that get corrected real fast.. At least it seems that way.

If it dips below 50k again i might buy some more.

Business

Any website or blog i could get some info because seems quite complicated and lots of options.

That is anyone's guess. BTC, ETH, even LTC are the less risky ones, but of course this lower volatility works both ways. A month ago the new coolest thing was NEO, now it corrected a bit and it's a bit more stable, there's also ARK, OMG, IOTA... Your options are a lot, but the more exotic your coin the more like gambling it is.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I feel that ARK has support at 50k+ and that dips below that get corrected real fast.. At least it seems that way.

If it dips below 50k again i might buy some more.

I'm looking to buy more today... wish I had at 2.19. Might just swallow the bullet and do it now.

That is anyone's guess. BTC, ETH, even LTC are the less risky ones, but of course this lower volatility works both ways. A month ago the new coolest thing was NEO, now it corrected a bit and it's a bit more stable, there's also ARK, OMG, IOTA... Your options are a lot, but the more exotic your coin the more like gambling it is.

I think he's asking which of those 3 to buy initially in order to start doing trading. I just bought BTC myself in order to trade with.

I'm withdrawing my IOTA from bitfinex and it's been "processing" for the last 5h...

I knew I wouldn't like this exchange but c'mon. This is too much. Not even BTC is this slow.

Brohan

I'm withdrawing my IOTA from bitfinex and it's been "processing" for the last 5h...

I knew I wouldn't like this exchange but c'mon. This is too much. Not even BTC is this slow.

My IOTA is still on bitfinex.. Will be happy to be able to send it to a wallet when there is a good one available.

Edit: ARK at it again, currently at 57k.

ty_hot

I started with BTC, ETH and XRP (1/3 of my money on each) about a month ago. Between buying and selling I got 20% in the period (could have been much more though). I think its good to diversify even if you are not putting a lot of money. Its good because you end up paying attention to more coins.

Right now I am only on BTC and trying to decide what to invest for the next month or so. I am only on Kraken so I dont have many options, all those small coins that people talk about here all the time are not available there.

Brohan

Just downloaded one from github. It's new and looks pretty simple. Just need my transfer to go through...

I have seen to many people make posts about having problems with the wallet. With sending and receiving and with having to reattach and change nodes and whatnot that I have decided to wait it out a bit.

Hope your transfer doesn't take much longer tho.

Edit: unrelated but it seems you have bought both ARK and IOTA at the best possible timings. You bought them both at their (most recent) lowest points.

I have seen to many people make posts about having problems with the wallet. With sending and receiving and with having to reattach and change nodes and whatnot that I have decided to wait it out a bit.

Hope your transfer doesn't take much longer tho.

Damn, wasn't aware of that. Hope I don't send my IOTA into oblivion ahah.

Thanks Brohan!

commish

I started with BTC, ETH and XRP (1/3 of my money on each) about a month ago. Between buying and selling I got 20% in the period (could have been much more though). I think its good to diversify even if you are not putting a lot of money. Its good because you end up paying attention to more coins.

Right now I am only on BTC and trying to decide what to invest for the next month or so. I am only on Kraken so I dont have many options, all those small coins that people talk about here all the time are not available there.

Why not go to something like Bittrex? I've been using it for a while with no complaints...

https://getcrypto.info/blog/omisego-mcdonalds-collaboration/

This is the kind of news that gets me to invest more into something, the kind of news that, 2 years from now, you look back and say "ah, I should have known then!"

Sony

Nintendo
Missed the OMG boat :( Didn't expect it to rise that much that fast..... I need some of my holdings to make a quick profit so I can sell some and buy more ARK or some OMG

Bandini

MSI 580s are being sold on OfficeDepot.com. Just got 6 of the Gaming 8GBs for $299 each plus tax. Gotta wait about a month for delivery though

commish

This OMG train is steamrolling, kicking myself on Sunday for not buying in. I keep hoping for some kind of pull back, but its not happening.

When I think like this, I just remember that, should it go to $20, I would be kicking myself for not buying in at the $10 it's at now.

Edit: Frustrating thing #234234 of the crypto market: Waiting for your BTC transfer to clear so you can buy something and steadily seeing that something increase in price.

Sony

Nintendo
Damn, I had accidentally sold all my fucking NEO. I was panicking as fuck, managed to buy all my NEO back with a 50 cent profit... why am i like this :(

Instro

You guys think OMG will drop again or will it liftoff from here?

Well the thing to consider is whether trying to catch it on a 10-30% downturn is worthwhile. It's been fluctuating in the $7-10 range for some time now, so I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to drop below that range going forward. Consider that by all accounts it is a solid project, and they are promising meaningful news in September and through the rest of the year.

But I'm hardly a reliable source for this type of thing. I'm not inclined to wait on a project that actually seems worthwhile since I would want to hold it long term. If you are just looking trade on ups and downs I don't know.

Sony

Nintendo
Well the thing to consider is whether trying to catch it on a 10-30% downturn is worthwhile. It's been fluctuating in the $7-10 range for some time now, so I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to drop below that range going forward. Consider that by all accounts it is a solid project, and they are promising meaningful news in September and through the rest of the year.

But I'm hardly a reliable source for this type of thing. I'm not inclined to wait on a project that actually seems worthwhile since I would want to hold it long term. If you are just looking trade on ups and downs I don't know.

Nah I'm in it for the long run as well. The thing is, I can invest in promising coins and check every once in a while, but I simply can't help to look at graphs every 10 minutes, see where big fluctuations are and try to profit from it.

How do you sell accidentally? Good of you to catch it in time though! NEO is going to make us very happy in the long term.

I accidentally double tapped the numbe rof NEO coins I had, had to do a quick transaction :(

Cipherr

Anyone watching or in XBY here? Seems they are gearing up for a big marketing push starting 4th September so they must have some big news to announce so expecting a price bump soon.

Me. XBY, Ark, NEO and DNT are my current bets for investing. Im currently waiting to get to the point that I can kick some fiat into the market. Won't happen for me until about Sept 13th or so. At that point I'll be trying to stuff about 4k into the market and shuffling the different websites "limits" on how much they BTC/LTC they let you buy.

In the meantime I have about 3k of XBY which is like only ~$60 worth. Unfortunately I won't be able to get more fiat into the system before 9/4. But it doesn't matter, I plan to just buy and hold for 1 year at least anyway.

jamsy

What are some currencies that are super cheap now ie under $1 (or just recently came out) that have potential in the long run?

PolishQ

What are some currencies that are super cheap now ie under $1 (or just recently came out) that have potential in the long run?

Tierion (TNT) is new and should be going places (they have partnerships with Microsoft and Phillips), but it's not on many exchanges yet. Currently around $0.20.

I read a convincing post about how Florincoin (FLO) could be blowing up soon, so I have some of that. Currently around $0.11.

This has been an amazing ride so far. I knew in the back of my mind Bitfinex was gonna give me trouble but I wanted some IOTA so I registered.

Since withdrawing my IOTA from there to my wallet it has been nothing but trouble. It's been 12h since I confirmed the withdrawal and it was still processing last time I checked. Now I can't log in. I changed my password because I was thinking maybe I was mistaken and now I'm apparently locked out of my own account because I tried too many log ins from the same IP lol.

Thing is, I can't understand why I couldn't log in in the first place. I use a password manager so it was impossible to be the wrong password.

Furyous

Tierion (TNT) is new and should be going places (they have partnerships with Microsoft and Phillips), but it's not on many exchanges yet. Currently around $0.20.

I read a convincing post about how Florincoin (FLO) could be blowing up soon, so I have some of that. Currently around $0.11.

Is there any easy way to buy either one of these with USD? What does everyone think of Followcoin? It is a new venture with independent artist Nipsey Hussle as one of the backers.

commish

Me. XBY, Ark, NEO and DNT are my current bets for investing. Im currently waiting to get to the point that I can kick some fiat into the market. Won't happen for me until about Sept 13th or so. At that point I'll be trying to stuff about 4k into the market and shuffling the different websites "limits" on how much they BTC/LTC they let you buy.

In the meantime I have about 3k of XBY which is like only ~$60 worth. Unfortunately I won't be able to get more fiat into the system before 9/4. But it doesn't matter, I plan to just buy and hold for 1 year at least anyway.

Protip: If you haven't already, create accounts on the exchanges you want to use because the identification verification step can take a while, like a few weeks on some. Otherwise, you have pretty low limits and it'll take you a while to buy $4k. For example, I'm limited to $500 a day on Gemini atm.

There's a good reddit thread that was just talking about this. I'll see if I can find it. But you can bet the commonly referenced VRT, CVC, DNT, IOTA, etc are going to be mentioned.

Top Bottom