• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Kenstar

Really kicking myself for not getting LTC back in the day, ugh.

you'd kick yourself more if you were holding 5 or so and never seeing it go beyond 25-30 for ever prompting you to sell it off for some new shitcoin

like me

im not actually kicking myself, I only had 5 at 30 so it'd be $250 or so in lost profit, Ive lost way more than that trying to be mr day trader with eth (lost 4 eth back when it was in the 200's)

Cipherr

im not actually kicking myself, I only had 5 at 30 so it'd be $250 or so in lost profit, Ive lost way more than that trying to be mr day trader with eth (lost 4 eth back when it was in the 200's)

I scratch my day trading itch by just giving myself super small amounts. ~5 dollars that I have turned into 13 dollars now. lol. It won't ever amount to anything really but it soothes my nerves on the days where nothing is really happening because all my coins are Holds.

Brandson

Litecoin's problem remains adoption. If its only use remains exchange-based trading then there are limits to how high it should go. If lots of people or companies start using and adopting it, then it could be great. Name recognition matters most for the currency or store of value use case, and Litecoin doesn't have that yet. That could change, maybe.

pieface

You are really good with this. Please give us a heads up on the next few big ones when ever you can.

Ha just lucky. When I first got into crypto I invested in ARK, Waves, NAV, VOX and Wings. Not lost money on any of them but ARK, Waves and NAV have blown up a bit.

Think it's more down to luck.

Cipherr

Ha just lucky. When I first got into crypto I invested in ARK, Waves, NAV, VOX and Wings. Not lost money on any of them but ARK, Waves and NAV have blown up a bit.

Think it's more down to luck.

Damn though. Like aren't ALL of those up in general and some of them are blowing up. Your entire first selections of coins all either did good or great. That's kinda wild.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Damn though. Like aren't ALL of those up in general and some of them are blowing up. Your entire first selections of coins all either did good or great. That's kinda wild.

I feel like almost everything is up. It's crazyv

Sulik2

DNT is the first coin I've lost money didn't expect it to crash so hard after it went up last week. I'll hold and wait it out, but still annoying.

Lynd7

Friends and I are finally getting into buying some Crypto now. I bought some LTC yesterday, its jumped up a bit already. Was pretty high earlier this morning but dropped off.

One of my friends has put a little into OMG, whats peoples thoughts on that one?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
BTC went to heaven and (most) alts went to hell

good call from me for buying last batch of BTC on the last low point. I wonder how big will price correction be.

BTC went to heaven and (most) alts went to hell

good call from me for buying last batch of BTC on the last low point. I wonder how big will price correction be.

I left some BTC in my account from earlier in the week, it was good to see some profits as we just hit $5K......sold what I had since I think we are going back to $3500.

bigedole

So DGB is soaring all of a sudden. I know there's a vote going on that DGB is in the lead for for being added to the hitBTC exchange, but this is still silly. It's my first experience being in on the ground floor of one of these. My initial investment was at 314 SAT and it's now at ~620 SAT, so do I sell for the 100% gain or do I ride it out?

Longterm, I don't see DGB having a meaningful place in the marketplace, there's nothing it really does that's unique to it. It's basically trying to be what litecoin already is, so I don't view it the way I do something like ARK that I see myself holding for years. So hard to time these things though! Maybe I just sell, take my 100% and buy RISE or NAV while they're down from their recent peaks? Help me decide cryptoGAF!

Absinthe

So DGB is soaring all of a sudden. I know there's a vote going on that DGB is in the lead for for being added to the hitBTC exchange, but this is still silly. It's my first experience being in on the ground floor of one of these. My initial investment was at 314 SAT and it's now at ~620 SAT, so do I sell for the 100% gain or do I ride it out?

Longterm, I don't see DGB having a meaningful place in the marketplace, there's nothing it really does that's unique to it. It's basically trying to be what litecoin already is, so I don't view it the way I do something like ARK that I see myself holding for years. So hard to time these things though! Maybe I just sell, take my 100% and buy RISE or NAV while they're down from their recent peaks? Help me decide cryptoGAF!

Personally I would sell while DGB is up and invest in something you have more faith in.

As for what to buy.. imo NAV looks good due to its privacy. Long term it could be a very useful crypto.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I have just been converting my rainy day savings into bitcoin, it's not much---but I'm happy to ride that train after getting in in 2013 and waiting out a long and arduous initial investment to recoup. I figure it's best in there where I am connected and invested in watching, rather than in some small savings fund I never touch.

It was nice to buy in with the little dip tonight. It tumbled to about 4500 after hitting 5000 but its already almost recovered at around 4800. I hope ethereum proves to be as strong as an investment long term.

Sony

Nintendo
Now everything goes down.

At least BNB fought back up to the price i bought it...

Sold my 522 BNB at 51.7, got 570 BNB at 47. Will rinse and repeat in the coming days.
Edit: Aaaan BNB is at 43.. I suck at this xD

Ah damn, NEO is slightly up. Wonder if I should sell.. I can see it dropping to 55 in the next week.. Selling now would make me break even.

Edit: bought neo at 67, sold at 70, thought I would have a minimal profit of like 1 or 3 euro. My goal was to break even. Turned out I actually lost 5 euro due to Bitoin having decreased in value a bit.. ugh.

I think after breaking even on my investment, I'll sell my volatile coins and buy some promising ones for the future. I haven't had a good night sleep since I started this Shit, I haven't eaten properly and am stressed

My initial investment was too high and my knowledge too low. Tried to ride the waves based on what I was told, not what I saw. Let this be a lesson to newcomers.

Sony

Nintendo
Anyone buying in this dip? Tempted to go on a small shopping spree.

I'm buying ARK if it goes sub 50, buying NAV around 25. That would be it I think.

I'm kind of bummed that NEO's decline pattern broke. I thoroughly expected it to be sub 65 consisntently by now, which is why I sold my NEO. Seeing it in a cautiously upward trend now sucks...

Sony

Nintendo
Starting to sound like we need a NeoGAF Ark delegate!

I vote pieface :)

I'm looking at the NEO graph and feel like Piccolo..
" YES YES YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT"

Drop you fucking NEO. Man, how many slaps in the face do I need before I learn my lesson: HODL. I got it at 67, sold at 70 now it's at 73. FFFFUUUUU

I found out I had some ADX from back in the day in a wallet I forgot about.

It's not doing too great. Does it have potential or should I sell for something else?

pieface

Research is key, find coins with real world value. I got into crpyto about May time, I think a lot of people have also joined in this time and generally all coins are rising in price. I genuinely thought I was too late to crypto in May, but now I think the scene is just getting started. We're the early adopters. :D

I vote pieface :)

I am already running an ARK delegate node. However, it's a private node.

Depending on how much ARK we can generate on GAF I'll happily start another :)

I could set one up with 90% profit share.

Unfortunately, you need a minimum of 1,037,432 ARK to get into the 51.

Drifters

Boy howdy was yesterday insane. Seems like the prices have normalized a bit which is perfect for buying more when the prices are low. :)

So how many people are like me and have invested a relatively small amount and are just hoping it'll blow up in the next 5 years? I went with 1 bitcoin about 3 weeks ago, when it was 4k a piece. Between ARK, OMG and DGB I now have about 5.7k worth of currencies. My ultimate hope is that in 15 years I can use this one 5k investment to pay for both of my kid's college educations lol (if it's not free already :p)

question, is cost averaging worth it with cryptos? Like take this exact example, instead of buying 1 bitcoin, historically, would he have been better buying like 1% of that amount each day for 100 days? or is that kind of unnecessary, as a general strategy when you're going to hodl and aren't just riding waves?

Cipherr

Alright, so I went ahead and got registered on, and bought some ZRX through Etherdelta.... It's a pain in the rear and is about as user unfriendly as an exchange can be, but it often gets a lot of coins prior to the bigger more popular exchanges, so... I knew I needed to eventually learn either it or Poloniex. And I don't want to screw with Polo and their withdraw/deposit error that put people's money in limbo for weeks like 20% of the time.

No thanks. I figured EDelta out and its not so bad.... I'll be holding this ZRX and the XBY I have for a looooong time.

Sea of red out there today.

First time I have seen it as a newbie. Started looking at Crypto early august and since then just nothing but bullish gains. So is this natural for BTC to drop and take much of the market with it?

Sulik2

Bitcoin and eth consolidating hard. I really hope ARK spikes with it's ACES stuff that tech seems like a huge deal for cryptos.

pieface

Think the whole market will dip for a bit to be honest. Don't think we see much green maybe for a few days. Just hold tight.

Brohan

I'm about to panic sell my IOTA... It's not that I don't believe in it for the long term but short term it's sinking like a damn brick..

Knowing my luck tho.. It might just start climbing to a new ATH right after i have sold..

Not sure what to do. I have watched it slowly go from 21k tot 15k in the last day.

Metal-Geo

HVPM9i1.jpg

Just nabbed a few nav coins. Fuck it.

Cipherr

Think the whole market will dip for a bit to be honest. Don't think we see much green maybe for a few days. Just hold tight.

I'm about to panic sell my IOTA... It's not that I don't believe in it for the long term but short term it's sinking like a damn brick..

Knowing my luck tho.. It might just start climbing to a new ATH right after i have sold..

Not sure what to do. I have watched it slowly go from 21k tot 15k in the last day.

I think there's going to be huge sell offs if we see a downturn after so many months of growth. Everyone is going to mass panic sell altcoins like crazy.

Except unique coins like ARK that people don't keep on exchanges because of delegate systems etc. Ark will feel it too, but probably not as bad. Im going to buy up like crazy mid/late Sept hopefully.

Sony

Nintendo
I think there's going to be huge sell offs if we see a downturn after so many months of growth. Everyone is going to mass panic sell altcoins like crazy.

Except unique coins like ARK that people don't keep on exchanges because of delegate systems etc. Ark will feel it too, but probably not as bad. Im going to buy up like crazy mid/late Sept hopefully.

Wait, so it's better to not hold ARK on an exchange?

Top Bottom