• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

DKF590

Holy F. My BNB loss at 350 euro right now. This BNB nosedive is rediculous. I'll hold as I think i'll break even some day.. but damn does it hurt. In hindsight, the BNB investment was a really bad choice. I made the mistake of thinking BNB would go up due to exchange fees by BNB being introduced..

I don't think it would be as hard to break even as you might think. If you want out of BNB watch out for the next ICO on Binance and cash out before it tanks again. It usually rises as people buy BNB to join the ICO. They said they are going to focus on adding new coins this week and ICOs will begin again next week.

I really don't know what to do with my BNB, I have a 250 euro loss at this point... I'm hoping it will get to 2 euro again , then I'll sell all that crap.

It's like I'm being personally addressed :(
No no dude not at all! Just a general reminder to everyone. I don't want anyone on GAF to lose money.

BNB...I had to just Google what that was. 🤐 But it isn't a loss until you sell! But also important to know when to cut a dying limb off and at least salvage something rather than lose it all.

DonMigs85

Both Binance and BNB are young and have room to grow IMO. There's still a good chance it could hit $10 or more within the year. I only have around a hundred BNB but I'm holding.

Sony

Nintendo
I don't think it would be as hard to break even as you might think. If you want out of BNB watch out for the next ICO on Binance and cash out before it tanks again. It usually rises as people buy BNB to join the ICO. They said they are going to focus on adding new coins this week and ICOs will begin again next week.

Thnx for the tip. Thing is, due to BNB and NEO sucking ass right now, I'm deep in red. I I dont have any room to play. I'd have to sell my protble coins for that... which I won't do cuse they're a long term hold (ARK, TNT, BQX). I'm shackled. What annoys me the most is that I showed the NEO graph I posted earlier to a friend who has like +20k in profits in crypto, and he called me dumb for believing it would drop like that. It looks like NEO is developing exactly like the graph. I had neo at 67, sold it on 70 becuase I thought this drop would happen.. then the guy convinced me to rebuy.. did it at 71. It looks like NEO will drop to the low 60's high 50's this week. FUCK.

No no dude not at all! Just a general reminder to everyone. I don't want anyone on GAF to lose money.

BNB...I had to just Google what that was. �� But it isn't a loss until you sell! But also important to know when to cut a dying limb off and at least salvage something rather than lose it all.

I know :) Reading that passage was like, this *could've been personally adressed to me as this is exactly how I've started my journey"

Both Binance and BNB are young and have room to grow IMO. There's still a good chance it could hit $10 or more within the year. I only have around a hundred BNB but I'm holding.

If BNB hits 10+ dollars I will send all of y'all a virual beer in the form of +/- 2.5 dollars =p

Anyone here riding the CV2 train? Managed to get in at 1-2 sats, out at 6 and back in at 4. Think I'm going to keep riding these swings as it continues to climb as it's been really profitable so far until the coin swap and then see what happens.

DKF590

Anyone here riding the CV2 train? Managed to get in at 1-2 sats, out at 6 and back in at 4. Think I'm going to keep riding these swings as it continues to climb as it's been really profitable so far until the coin swap and then see what happens.

Yep, picked up a bunch from Novaexchange. Kinda embarrassed that my entire portfolio is a bunch of low cost risky cryptos atm but it's hard to deny the fact that they make a bunch of money when they take off. Can't help but feel that it might bite me in the ass later, but for now it's working pretty well.

Probably gunna hold onto them until the coin swap on the 15th.

DonMigs85

The coins that start life at fractions of a cent usually grow 10X or more, but there seems to be less and less of those now.

Yep, picked up a bunch from Novaexchange. Kinda embarrassed that my entire portfolio is a bunch of low cost risky cryptos atm but it's hard to deny the fact that they make a bunch of money when they take off. Can't help but feel that it might bite me in the ass later, but for now it's working pretty well.

Probably gunna hold onto them until the coin swap on the 15th.

Haha shit coins are where the money is made as they have such insane returns when they go so relax. Put $1k each into 10 shitcoins and you only need 1 to x100 and you can laugh your way to the bank.

You can massively minimise the risk by doing a bit of research. I'm always on the hunt for low marketcap, active community and devs support coins. If the project is somewhat decent and has a marketcap of $1-5 million it can easily increase 100% with a little news from the devs. Don't focus on Sat price look at marketcap as everything has very different supplies so sat can be deceiving.

I don't really bother with the top coins anymore as the increases aren't dramatic enough, mainly use them for stability when I exit a coin and am on the hunt for a new shit coin.

Haha shit coins are where the money is made as they have such insane returns when they go so relax. Put $1k each into 10 shitcoins and you only need 1 to x100 and you can laugh your way to the bank.

You can massively minimise the risk by doing a bit of research. I'm always on the hunt for low marketcap, active community and devs support coins. If the project is somewhat decent and has a marketcap of $1-5 million it can easily increase 100% with a little news from the devs. Don't focus on Sat price look at marketcap as everything has very different supplies so sat can be deceiving.

I don't really bother with the top coins anymore as the increases aren't dramatic enough, mainly use them for stability when I exit a coin and am on the hunt for a new shit coin.

This is my strategy, what's the next best shit coin lol

This is my strategy, what's the next best shit coin lol

Well the main 3 I'm all in on at the minute are CV2, XBL and an ICO for Billionaire Token (XBL)

CV2 - Has a coin swap coming to half supply to COLX but also have to think about how many coins won't make the swap due to being in lost wallets, forgotten passwords, etc. Also has the lead dev from PIVX on board to add lots of new features to the project so lots happening with it. I can see this being an easy 50 sats but people seem to think it will go much higher by December so I might hold it for a bit once my entry position is covered.

XBY - Xtrabytes is a sleeping giant, currently has a marketcap of $10 million which is nothing for a potential top 10 coin. The tech is really exciting and has the potential to genuinely change crypto. Big announcements/news and marketing push starts tomorrow so expect the price to start rising rapidly once people see what it can do.

XBL - Billionaire Token is currently in ICO with sweet bonuses. Has a low total supply of around 3 million tokens and ICO price is $0.10 before bonuses. Once done I expect the ICO marketcap to be around $200k so if this could easily hit a $2 million marketcap so that's a x10 ROI when it hits the exchanges. They also have some intersting ideas for the project going forward so if it gains traction even a $20 million marketcap would be within reach so that's a $10 token and x100 ROI.

Anyway if you are interested in any of them as always do your own research first as you would with anything else.

DonMigs85

Would love to buy XBY but I wish it would show up on either Bittrex or Binance. XBL has an outlandish concept but looks like it could grow if the poker game takes off.

Would love to buy XBY but I wish it would show up on either Bittrex or Binance. XBL has an outlandish concept but looks like it could grow if the poker game takes off.

XBY has always taken the approach of get the tech ready first and then they will do the marketing push. They have been running a successful testnet the last few weeks so now they are ready for the marketing push which includes new exchanges and Bittrex is on their hit list so shouldn't be too long. If it hits Bittrex then is going to increase a lot very quickly.

For XBL they have other games lined up too like Blackjack, Bingo, Roulette, Slots that kind of thing but they want to get the poker game out first so they can establish themselves first then build on that. They are also looking at a form of staking your XBL for a return on house profits on the other games which will be amazing if they can get that going so I see a lot of potential in this project long term.

Lynd7

Well the main 3 I'm all in on at the minute are CV2, XBL and an ICO for Billionaire Token (XBL)

CV2 - Has a coin swap coming to half supply to COLX but also have to think about how many coins won't make the swap due to being in lost wallets, forgotten passwords, etc. Also has the lead dev from PIVX on board to add lots of new features to the project so lots happening with it. I can see this being an easy 50 sats but people seem to think it will go much higher by December so I might hold it for a bit once my entry position is covered.

XBY - Xtrabytes is a sleeping giant, currently has a marketcap of $10 million which is nothing for a potential top 10 coin. The tech is really exciting and has the potential to genuinely change crypto. Big announcements/news and marketing push starts tomorrow so expect the price to start rising rapidly once people see what it can do.

XBL - Billionaire Token is currently in ICO with sweet bonuses. Has a low total supply of around 3 million tokens and ICO price is $0.10 before bonuses. Once done I expect the ICO marketcap to be around $200k so if this could easily hit a $2 million marketcap so that's a x10 ROI when it hits the exchanges. They also have some intersting ideas for the project going forward so if it gains traction even a $20 million marketcap would be within reach so that's a $10 token and x100 ROI.

Anyway if you are interested in any of them as always do your own research first as you would with anything else.

Where do you go to buy or look at XBY? Likewise for XBL I guess.

Where do you go to buy or look at XBY? Likewise for XBL I guess.

XBY - Here's the ANN thread for it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.0

New website is expected tomorrow to coincide with the marketing push that will detail all the in's and out's of the tech. I would recommend getting XBY from Cryptopia or C-Cex at the minute as Yobit wallet is in maintenance and I hate leaving coins on exchanges as you never know what could happen. I would also look into joining their Slack channel if interested too as it's really active and their trading channel is a gold mine for finding shit coins with great potential.

XBL - Website is here too:

https://billionairetoken.com/mobile

Pifje

I have gathered a list of potential coins I should probably be investing in/betting on soon-ish:

Tierion
0x
District0x
Agrello
Binance
Walton

Any thoughts on these?

Sony

Nintendo
XBY - Here's the ANN thread for it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.0

New website is expected tomorrow to coincide with the marketing push that will detail all the in's and out's of the tech. I would recommend getting XBY from Cryptopia or C-Cex at the minute as Yobit wallet is in maintenance and I hate leaving coins on exchanges as you never know what could happen. I would also look into joining their Slack channel if interested too as it's really active and their trading channel is a gold mine for finding shit coins with great potential.

XBL - Website is here too:

https://billionairetoken.com/mobile

I was looking into buying XBY. Now might be a good a time as any. It's down conciderably though since past couple of days, do you reckon it's a good time to buy?

DonMigs85

I was looking into buying XBY. Now might be a good a time as any. It's down conciderably though since past couple of days, do you reckon it's a good time to buy?
I'm strongly considering signing up on C-CEX or Cryptopia now. I think this could be a boat we don't wanna miss.

DonMigs85

Keeps seeing ads for the Bankera pre-ICO on Facebook and here on GAF. Not sure what makes it stand out compared to say RLC.

Anywhere around 500-600 sats is a great entry now. It's ATH was over 1500 sats and that was with no news at all so this marketing push will be good for 1000 sats minimum bump.

I honestly believe longer term that by the end of 2018 this will be a $1 so the fact it is 1-2 cents right now is an absolute bargain.

Sony

Nintendo
I'm strongly considering signing up on C-CEX or Cryptopia now. I think this could be a boat we don't wanna miss.

I signed up n Cryptopia just now =P One thing left: choose the right price to buy. Looking at the graph, it seems like the first dip in 2 weeks so I think I'll bite te bullet and get 200 euro worth of XBY

Anywhere around 500-600 sats is a great entry now. It's ATH was over 1500 sats and that was with no news at all so this marketing push will be good for 1000 sats minimum bump.

I honestly believe longer term that by the end of 2018 this will be a $1 so the fact it is 1-2 cents right now is an absolute bargain.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "sats"?

Sony

Nintendo
I'm concidering buying ETH and transferring ETH to Cryptiopia. Does anyone know the average time to transfer BTC from Bittrex to Cryptiopia? I don't want it to take another 20 hours and potentially miss a boat..

I signed up n Cryptopia just now =P One thing left: choose the right price to buy. Looking at the graph, it seems like the first dip in 2 weeks so I think I'll bite te bullet and get 200 euro worth of XBY

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "sats"?

Sats = Satoshi that's what people call Bitcoin when it's in the decimal's below 1BTC. Like $0.01 is 1 cent, 0.00000001 is 1 Sat 👍

Not sure on transfer times today for BTC but mine only took 15 mins last time I transferred to Cryptopia once I remembered to confirm the transfer with the email notification from Bittrex.

Sony

Nintendo
Thanks guys, I'm transferring BTC to from Bittrex to Ctopia. Or should I go BTC-ETH, ETH-BTC, BTC-XBY .. choices, choices. Transfer time is my main concern

Tk0n

There isnt necessarily a boat to miss with xtrabytes. The same wave of enthusiasm launched xby to its ath 4 months ago, but then the price dropped really bad for almost all of the last 4 months.

Im not saying it wont have high returns in the future. But you might as well lose your money. The volume of xby is abysmal. As long as it isnt on big exchanges, i have a hard time seeing it "exploding". I would not advice you to go "all in" on it.

DonMigs85

There isnt necessarily a boat to miss with xtrabytes. The same wave of enthusiasm launched xby to its ath 4 months ago, but then the price dropped really bad for almost all of the last 4 months.

Im not saying it wont have high returns in the future. But you might as well lose your money. The volume of xby is abysmal. As long as it isnt on big exchanges, i have a hard time seeing it "exploding". I would not advice you to go "all in" on it.
Yeah, maybe a hundred bucks or so. It does seem like it could eventually hit Bittrex at least.

Sony

Nintendo

Bittrex is on XBY's radar. But yeah, going all in is probably not the wisest decision. I'm conflicted now. I feel like this whenever a high potential coin is mentioned:

lWV9Wns.gif

The Rizza

For everyone looking into XBY, I bought it a couple months ago trying to catch the ride up to the top and it's gone down quite a bit since then. I've held through though. I bought it on C-Cex and never ran into any issues, although their interface is horrendous

For everyone looking into XBY, I bought it a couple months ago trying to catch the ride up to the top and it's gone down quite a bit since then. I've held through though. I bought it on C-Cex and never ran into any issues, although their interface is horrendous

Yeah XBY was hyped bad a few months ago when it hit it's ATH but they had nothing to show so once the hype died down it dropped a lot and people said it was vapourware. Now they have been running an open testnet so anyone can take part and test the tech themselves to see it is not vapourware. They have always maintained a position of tech first then marketing so it has been flying relatively low for a while now with no hype. Now they have announced this marketing blitz starting tomorrow then they must be in a position to show off the tech and its possibilities which will cause the price to increase as people board the hype train.

I'm so tempted to put more money in some of the other coins, but I was so tired of basically day trading and watching charts every hour that I put most of my stuff in ARK and just hold and check every day or two.

Might get in on the NAV action, we'll see.

Im thankful for this , especially since it is by far my largest investment so far.

Wonder whats making ARK so stable.

Voting system. Coins have to be in the wallet in order to vote, which removes them from the exchange, which means it's harder to have people panic sell.

Sony

Nintendo
I luckily sold mine yesterday at 100% profit and put it all on WTC. Let's hope I don't regret my decision as WTC is dipping now.

Aaaand it took another nosedive... It's too late for me to cut lossess. I'll just have to hope it reches my break even point some day :(

I'm down 400 euro on BNB.... I could crawl up in a corner right now and weep

I think I'll go to bed early tonight and see wht the damage is tomorrw

syllogism

Binance will have a 100,000 WTC giveaway starting 8 AM Beijing time tomorrow. If you deposit more than 0.1 BTC (of any coin) and finish KYC authentication, which I believe is their identity authentication, you'll receive 20 WTC for free, which is a pretty decent deal at the current exchange rate.

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001404312.

Unclear whether submitting the required documents right now will make you eligible, it sounds like it.

Sony

Nintendo
Have any of you uploaded your passport scans to an exchange? I don't feel comfortable with having my identity lying around like that on the internet...

Brohan

ARK is the most stable coin during this red tide...

I'm really happy with my ARK investment (the reason i'm still in the green) but can't say the same for my IOTA investment right now.

However i have decided to wait it all out and just hold until it's either worth nothing or worth alot more than it is now.

Hope it works out for me.

peng-penguin

Neo Member
Hey guys,
I lurked for quite a bit and got some valuable information, thank you :)

I wanted to open accounts on several exchanges to be ready to buy altcoins and a lot of people here recommend buying LTC from Coinbase and then transferring it to Bittrex. However, coinbase isn’t available in my country (Germany). What is a good alternative for buying LTC (or BTC, ETH) with €?

Hey guys,
I lurked for quite a bit and got some valuable information, thank you :)

I wanted to open accounts on several exchanges to be ready to buy altcoins and a lot of people here recommend buying LTC from Coinbase and then transferring it to Bittrex. However, coinbase isn’t available in my country (Germany). What is a good alternative for buying LTC (or BTC, ETH) with €?

Kraken. It's a blessing in disguise not being able to use coinbase.

Top Bottom