• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Tk0n

You can also use anycoindirect. But they can be quite expensive in their rates.

Edit: wtc with another ugly dip. Someone is making bank ;)

thank you!
it says that as a german citizen you need to provide ID confirmation.
Is that a big deal/problem? If I can black everything except my name, i think it would be okay?

I have no idea about that. If you want to eventually cash out to fiat, you need to provide ID. I know people don't like doing that but it comes with the territory. I sent them my ID and got approved to Tier 3.

I only use kraken to send fiat. Then I usually use bittrex and other exchanges.

I'll eventually cash out using kraken. Can't go wrong with it. I think it's one of the best exchanges to do that. Never gave me a problem.

Donos

Hey guys,
I lurked for quite a bit and got some valuable information, thank you :)

I wanted to open accounts on several exchanges to be ready to buy altcoins and a lot of people here recommend buying LTC from Coinbase and then transferring it to Bittrex. However, coinbase isn’t available in my country (Germany). What is a good alternative for buying LTC (or BTC, ETH) with €?

I use coinbase since over four months and have added sparkasse account as well as German credit card. And also withdrew over 2k € back to my german bank. Where do you get that coinbase is not available in good ol germany? Kraken is ok too and also anycoindirect (kann man auf deutsch stellen und hat sofortüberweisung).

Cash out is cheapest on kraken although you need at least tier 3 or 4 for that i think.

peng-penguin

Neo Member
I use coinbase since over four months and have added sparkasse account as well as German credit card. And also withdrew over 2k € back to my german bank. Where do you get that coinbase is not available in good ol germany? Kraken is ok too and also anycoindirect (kann man auf deutsch stellen und hat sofortüberweisung).

Cash out is cheapest on kraken although you need at least tier 3 or 4 for that i think.

Germany isn't listed under supported countries, that's why I thought I wouldn't be able to use coinbase.

Thanks for all the replies. Will look into the fees of each exchange to make a decision.

gaming_noob

Just making sure. Is XBY only 0.02$? I thought it was 0.23 his morning. Maybe I read wrong.

Just bought 58,000+ of XBY. #whenwillthisend

Donos

Germany isn't listed under supported countries, that's why I thought I wouldn't be able to use coinbase.

Thanks for all the replies. Will look into the fees of each exchange to make a decision.

Yeah you are right, it even said just that on the mobile homepage that Germany is not yet supported. But if you read german reviews, it's like that for a while. My guess is that it's because of some legal shenanigans. If they want, they easily could block German accounts / verifying of german bank accounts but they don't...

peng-penguin

Neo Member
Yeah you are right, it even said just that on the mobile homepage that Germany is not yet supported. But if you read german reviews, it's like that for a while. My guess is that it's because of some legal shenanigans. If they want, they easily could block German accounts / verifying of german bank accounts but they don't...

mmh ... not sure whether I want to take the risk if the other exchanges are similar

Does anyone in here have opinions to share on the two gaming tokens coming out - Enjin Coin and Dmarket? I'm trying to decide if they have potential for mass adoption before investing.

Donos

Does anyone in here have opinions to share on the two gaming tokens coming out - Enjin Coin and Dmarket? I'm trying to decide if they have potential for mass adoption before investing.

Wanted to make a list/overview of all the gaming related ICOs/Tokens and post it for discussion here but vacation is coming up and i won't have the time.
Skincoin, DGB, FirstBlood, BitCrystals,MobileGo, DMarket, Unikrn ICO (Sept. 22th) and more.

Maybe someone else already made one.

gaming_noob

Well the main 3 I'm all in on at the minute are CV2, XBL and an ICO for Billionaire Token (XBL)

XBY - Xtrabytes is a sleeping giant, currently has a marketcap of $10 million which is nothing for a potential top 10 coin. The tech is really exciting and has the potential to genuinely change crypto. Big announcements/news and marketing push starts tomorrow so expect the price to start rising rapidly once people see what it can do.

Anyway if you are interested in any of them as always do your own research first as you would with anything else.

Which wallet are you using for XBY? Looks like their official one isn't even finalized yet.

Cipherr

Jesus Christ there must be a lot of people that are taking a fucking bath on BNB. I abandoned it with a very tiny loss during its up and downs shortly after launch, but its like a dollar and some change down from where I bought in and sold out back then.

All the shit in China and the repeated cancelling of the crypto events over there as well seems to be causing crazy panic. Anything relying heavily on ICO's seem to be feeling the pain. Personally I want nothing to do with anything that has a heavy part of their growth potential depending on ICOs right now, that includes NEO.

Too much uncertainty there for now IMO.

Sony

Nintendo
Jesus Christ there must be a lot of people that are taking a fucking bath on BNB. I abandoned it with a very tiny loss during its up and downs shortly after launch, but its like a dollar and some change down from where I bought in and sold out back then.

All the shit in China and the repeated cancelling of the crypto events over there as well seems to be causing crazy panic. Anything relying heavily on ICO's seem to be feeling the pain. Personally I want nothing to do with anything that has a heavy part of their growth potential depending on ICOs right now, that includes NEO.

Actually, compared to this afternoon, I've calmed to a point where I'm quite ok with the drop. BNB will go up again eventually, it has to given its concept. IT's just a matter of time.. perhaps very long xD untill then, maybe it's good that my investments' return in dependent on my holding, so I don't daytrade anymore. Seriously, my health has deteriorated since I sarted crypto.

Hmm I have like 250 euro in BTC on Bittrex and it's near bed time. I wonder which coin I can invest it in for a nice return in the morning, 10% would be enough even xD

Tk0n

Id say its a binance problem. Bnb is tanking and wtc and lrc, which you can exclisivly buy at binance, are taking off. People just switch over, tanking bnb even more. At least bnb will stay exclusive at binance, so i dont know really how this will develop in the future.

pieface

Yup. Invest in good developers and real world use rather than Chinese speculation / hype. The latter are all built on a house of cards imo.

Sony

Nintendo
if people can pace themselves and not be greedy.

wthayta.gif

Cipherr

Id say its a binance problem. Bnb is tanking and wtc and lrc, which you can exclisivly buy at binance, are taking off. People just switch over, tanking bnb even more. At least bnb will stay exclusive at binance, so i dont know really how this will develop in the future.

Yeah. I really want to love BNB. Its strategy for the coin overall seems brilliant. Spending a % of profits to burn coins in order to force supply and demand in a direction that benefits BNB holders is fucking brilliant. I definitely understand how it should go up eventually; but I worry about the fee angle being enough to convince people to buy and actually hold the BNB coin itself. Like you said, people switch over to wtc and the other coins not holding BNB which seems to hurt it.

The worst thing was I started thinking about ways it could increase traders of BNB and realized that it probably won't ever be listed on any other higher volume exchanges ever possibly because of its nature. I mean, would it really be wise to try to get BNB listed on Bittrex or Polo? Most of BNBs value is shaving fee costs and ICO access on Binance specifically.

Urgh.... I just don't feel good about it. I really wish the coin burning was a quarterly thing instead of yearly to stabilize returns more regularly. As of now, the first one is at the end of 2018, and I worry about things until then.

Edit: Wow NEO is really testing its $30.00 support today. Dipping below, jumping back up and down again.

Actually, compared to this afternoon, I've calmed to a point where I'm quite ok with the drop. BNB will go up again eventually, it has to given its concept. IT's just a matter of time.. perhaps very long xD untill then, maybe it's good that my investments' return in dependent on my holding, so I don't daytrade anymore. Seriously, my health has deteriorated since I sarted crypto.

Hmm I have like 250 euro in BTC on Bittrex and it's near bed time. I wonder which coin I can invest it in for a nice return in the morning, 10% would be enough even xD
I waited 3 fucking years for Litecoin to do something. Which by the way I sold all of finally a bit ago and am glad I did. That community was dead, I mean absolutely dead for years until early this year, the creator says stupid shit from time to time, just no passion whatsoever. That is why I still will not invest in Litecoin ever again.

Day trading is tough but was a lot of fun when I was doing it more. Against my better judgement I may sell $100 worth of bitcoin and just fuck around with these stupid alt coins.

gaming_noob

Does Cryptopia take a while to withdraw to a wallet? I requested to withdraw all of my XBY to the official wallet over an hour ago and it's status is stuck at "Processing" in Cryptopia. I know it's a smaller Exchange.

Drifters

I will say this; After only been in the crypto game for a few weeks, I'm learning that keeping the big 3 ($BTC, $ETH and $LTC) is the long term hold strategy. Transferring to the exchanges and the speculation markets is fun, but not worth a lot of the effort day-to-day.

Cipherr

Does Cryptopia take a while to withdraw to a wallet? I requested to withdraw all of my XBY to the official wallet over an hour ago and it's status is stuck at "Processing" in Cryptopia. I know it's a smaller Exchange.

Well this is new to me. Do they really have an official wallet now?

Sony

Nintendo
Woke up slightly optimistic.. Check BNB... Day. Ruined. Holy F how low can it go?? It's a damn freefall and I'm clueless when to stop my losses :(

Just making sure. Is XBY only 0.02$? I thought it was 0.23 his morning. Maybe I read wrong.

Just bought 58,000+ of XBY. #whenwillthisend

Yeah it's very cheap at the minute 500-600sat, I just read a paper that one of the board members posted on the XBY Slack outlining the goals for this months push and they are targeting 7000 sat by mid September with all the news/marketing they are planning to do starting today so could be looking at some hefty gains if they only reach half of that target.

Sony

Nintendo
If it's like many other coins, it'll pump again in due time. Have faith!

BNB, while I like the idea, is beeing flanked from all sides. People leaving it to buy other coins, whales manipulating the price to they can stack up and use it for exchange fees.. it's horrible.. that said, I'll probably double down and get some more when it gets a bit lower :(

DonMigs85

BNB, while I like the idea, is beeing flanked from all sides. People leaving it to buy other coins, whales manipulating the price to they can stack up and use it for exchange fees.. it's horrible.. that said, I'll probably double down and get some more when it gets a bit lower :(
If it can ever get back up to at least $2.50 I might sell

Lynd7

I'm pretty new to all this. I have some LTC and I just put a little into OMG, I am also thinking of putting a little into XBY. I could transfer some of my LTC to Cryptopia to buy some right?

Cipherr

I'm pretty new to all this. I have some LTC and I just put a little into OMG, I am also thinking of putting a little into XBY. I could transfer some of my LTC to Cryptopia to buy some right?

Yep, get your LTC deposit address from Crypt and send some to it, then you can buy some XBY

Cipherr

Woke up slightly optimistic.. Check BNB... Day. Ruined. Holy F how low can it go?? It's a damn freefall and I'm clueless when to stop my losses :(

Its at freaking $1.22. Man what in the hell.... It was around 2.80 when I bought in, a little below that when I sold off. I swear, if this rebounds and BNB blows up, you will deserve the 'nerves of steel' award for sitting this coin.

Tk0n

Starting to feel the crunsh a bit. As long as ark is good, im good. But who knows how long it can keep its upwards trend.

Nyrad

Since the market usually goes down on the weekend couldn't you just sell everything for USDT and then rebuy early on monday with pretty good gains? What am i missing here?

DonMigs85

Its at freaking $1.22. Man what in the hell.... It was around 2.80 when I bought in, a little below that when I sold off. I swear, if this rebounds and BNB blows up, you will deserve the 'nerves of steel' award for sitting this coin.

I'm kinda sad since I don't have extra money to put into XBY, and I don't want to sell my BNB while it's this low.

Donos

Since the market usually goes down on the weekend couldn't you just sell everything for USDT and then rebuy early on monday with pretty good gains? What am i missing here?

"Usually" does not always apply for crypto :).
Sure, weekends tend to dip but i remember other ones where almost all my coins were + in green double digits.

CCS

Banned
I've transferred some LTC to Cryptopia and it's showing up in my account there, but for some reason when I try and buy XBY it says I have none available. Any ideas?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I am going offline for four days, I hope that my wallets do improve in the meantime.

Good thing that I have ARK :)

Tk0n

STRAT looks healty again. but i know what happens when i buy in and i dont want to ruin it for the other holders :p

Tk0n

I've transferred some LTC to Cryptopia and it's showing up in my account there, but for some reason when I try and buy XBY it says I have none available. Any ideas?

dont know about cryptonia. but maybe its waiting for confirmations?

Top Bottom