• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

To everyone fearing the governments might ban cryptocurrencies, fear not. That will never happen. For this simple reason: there's a lot of money to be made here. Governments don't say no to money.The financial sector will take hold of this market and it'll be a new sub-sector of financial trades. It'll fall under FinTech laws.

They will regulate the market, create regulatory entities that will, for a fee, license a company to be able to trade cryptos. For you to trade cryptos, that company will ask for all your personal info and you will be taxed on any gains. Your trades will be susceptible of overview from said regulatory entities/government.

The companies that will have a trading license for cryptos will probably be Banks, which will give them a lot of control of when people can cash out.

I have no idea when this is going to happen though. Might be in 5 years, maybe less, maybe more but it's in the works. So make the most of these next few years people!

I myself am getting a little bit anxious because I'll be moving to china in November to start a new chapter of my life. I don't know how that'll affect my trading but I hope it doesn't, at least for a year or so.

Cipherr

So as we wait for the market to correct. How about talking about tools.

What do you all use to see your portfolios? Im currently using: cryptocoincount.com. Its easy to look at, allows you to see your portfolio balance in dollars instead of BTC (as well as other currencies) and has a feature where you can add your "Watched" coins to keep track of coins you may want to keep an eye on or eventually invest in on a dip or something.

And what do you all use to see daily market caps/volume/coin values? I use: coinmarketcap.com/ but Im wondering if theres anything better or an alternative.

Sulik2

Trying to ignore the crash since I'm on vacation but wow this is a big downturn. Hope it's abig consolidation before a steady rise.

Peterthumpa

So, I'm planning to buy $1000, 400 Ethereum, 350 Bitcoin and 250 Litecoin, just to diversify a little. I'm basing this ratio using the trend in prices during the last year. Comments?

Is Coinbase a good choice for a wallet and to handle all my crypto currency operations?

So, I'm planning to buy $1000, 400 Ethereum, 350 Bitcoin and 250 Litecoin, just to diversify a little. I'm basing this ratio using the trend in prices during the last year. Comments?

Is Coinbase a good choice for a wallet and to handle all my crypto currency operations?

yea but use gdax why not the majority in bitcoin tho?

Peterthumpa

yea but use gdax why not the majority in bitcoin tho?

Because diversification. Not a lot of money so why not. Litecoin for example is up almost 50% in the last 30 days.

Now, a question. By checking here:
https://coinmarketcap.com/gainers-losers/

If you go to the %7d filter, you get Scorecoin with a 635% of increase. Does it really mean that someone who bought 1000 dollars of this thing a week ago could now sell for 6300?

Brandson

Going by the 1d charts, this is the fastest eth has ever gone from overbought to oversold on the 1d rsi. Historically, eth has always bounced up significantly a few days after hitting oversold on the 1d charts. I think that should repeat by next weekend. Unfortunately, I think this also may mark a return to a bear market, so further downward movement is likely after that bounce. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Because diversification. Not a lot of money so why not. Litecoin for example is up almost 50% in the last 30 days.

nah i'm not dogging on diversifying, but you said you did some calculations, i'm just honestly curious why more ETH than bit, since bit is so huge it kinda seems like the safest to go heaviest on is all, so just wondering if might wanna share about the trends you went off just for some insight

Peterthumpa

nah i'm not dogging on diversifying, but you said you did some calculations, i'm just honestly curious why more ETH than bit, since bit is so huge it kinda seems like the safest to go heaviest on is all, so just wondering if might wanna share about the trends you went off just for some insight
Nah, not really. Just a personal feeling.

Donos

I think that would "derail" the thread and probably grants its own thread although i think it won't reach many pages.

DonMigs85

I hope BNB gets back to at least $2.50 within the month. Then I might just put it into the Avalon ICO or maybe Tokenlab, can't decide yet.

dno_1966

The BTCUSD chart just completed a clear double bottom so keep your finger's crossed.

https://www.imgur.com/s4baSuT

p.s. apologies for not knowing how to link an image, if anyone can point me int he right direction I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE: BTC has been climbing for 90 minutes now

dno_1966

To confirm BTCUSD completed it's double bottom and has been creeping up for a few hours now, finger's crossed it stays that way.

Siacoin, Litecoin and Ripple are all about the complete double bottoms too.

Some green starting to appear in the top 100 now, some coins doing well too, NEO surprisingly, OMG and Verge too.

syllogism

Is Tron not being listed anymore? I've only got a minuscule amount, so I'd rather hold onto it and see what happens.
The situation is a bit unclear, but unless you opt out you will refunded in ETH or BTC. Allcoin already force refunded all tokens, including those bought with QTUM even though that is down by 50+% since ICO. People who bought directly from Tron Labs can apparently also get a refund on 9/9.

Because opting out requires the user to email the exchange, it's clear that the overwhelming majority of tokens will be refunded, at least those not bought directly from Tron Labs. I would strongly recommend against keeping tokens unless you really want to gamble and it's a very small amount. It's unclear if, when and where TRON will be listed for trading.

I would if IOTA would stop being manipulated to hell..
Welcome to Crypto! It is all manipulated to hell! 99% of people in crypto do not see it as currency, they do not "believe" what it stands for, just something to make money (FIAT) off of. That is the truth. A small % of whales run shit and you just have to get lucky and find the right time to grab onto the whales and ride with them on the up and hopefully jump the fuck off before they swallow you down.

If you are fans of OMG, there is a rumored Golem (GNT) partnership coming in the next few days. Golem is going for $ .34 so if you have a few extra funds might be worth putting on there to see where it goes.

Brohan

Welcome to Crypto! It is all manipulated to hell! 99% of people in crypto do not see it as currency, they do not "believe" what it stands for, just something to make money (FIAT) off of. That is the truth. A small % of whales run shit and you just have to get lucky and find the right time to grab onto the whales and ride with them on the up and hopefully jump the fuck off before they swallow you down.

Oh yeah i know the whole market is manipulated but i'm talking about $100.000.000 sell walls for a coin that costs 50 cents.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If you are fans of OMG, there is a rumored Golem (GNT) partnership coming in the next few days. Golem is going for $ .34 so if you have a few extra funds might be worth putting on there to see where it goes.

Hmm, will look into it. Thanks!

Hmm, will look into it. Thanks!

Was reading around, everything I've read (which is mainly from the OMG reddit) is that they are going to be in the same building, but the development isn't actually going to be intersecting, and it will more of brainstorming with stuff like marketing and such.

We'll find out on the 7th though!

Was reading around, everything I've read (which is mainly from the OMG reddit) is that they are going to be in the same building, but the development isn't actually going to be intersecting, and it will more of brainstorming with stuff like marketing and such.

Thanks for the info.

Hisoka

Vertcoin (VTC) holds strong, i'm very satisfied. My coin to go right now as it has good dev support since years. I know it may be a long sleeper, but it will be bigger later on. I think i will add myself more and more coins over a period of time, will hold this strong now and won't look into graphs for the coming months until dec, where the coin rewards will get halved, which will give it another boost. As GPU mining becomes bigger, VTC will shine. Nice time to jump in.
No try from me shilling a coin obviously, but this dev team definitely deserves some recognition.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Was reading up on GNT, seems interesting in and of itself, partnership or not.

Moved a sizable portion of my ARK holding (less than half) into BAT. It's always been a stable coin, and it's still cheap compared to the dip it had.

Kenstar

Vertcoin (VTC) holds strong, i'm very satisfied. My coin to go right now as it has good dev support since years. I know it may be a long sleeper, but it will be bigger later on. I think i will add myself more and more coins over a period of time, will hold this strong now and won't look into graphs for the coming months until dec, where the coin rewards will get halved, which will give it another boost. As GPU mining becomes bigger, VTC will shine. Nice time to jump in.
No try from me shilling a coin obviously, but this dev team definitely deserves some recognition.

EXACTLY WHAT A DISCUSTING SHILL WOULD SAY

you dont have to worry about being marked a shill unless you start heavily pimping this rando unknown coin repeatedly

Top Bottom