• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Donos

Concept of BAT is nice but the Brave browser, which is the main point, is also what doesn't makes me invest as long term investment. I see no chance that that browser takes off. Besides the browser giants, i could already name 5-6 other alternatives (also some with focus on privacy or ads). Sure, they don't do the same with the ads like BAT/Brave are looking to do but i don't belive that is enough for someone to switch to Brave. And even if they somehow manage to get a foothold, Google alone has the manpower and resources to swoop in with something similar or alternatives.

Just my view as a non tech/dev guy. Still like the idea and would like if they somehow shake the game up over time and are successful. Maybe someone can provides arguments why my post above doesn't apply.

Concept of BAT is nice but the Brave browser, which is the main point, is also what doesn't makes me invest as long term investment. I see no chance that that browser takes off. Besides the browser giants, i could already name 5-6 other alternatives (also some with focus on privacy or ads). Sure, they don't do the same with the ads like BAT/Brave are looking to do but i don't belive that is enough for someone switching to Brave. And even if they somehow manage to get a foothold, Google alone has the manpower and resources to swoop in with something similar or alternatives.

Just my view as a non tech/dev guy. Still like the idea and would like if they somehow shake the game up over time and are successful. Maybe someone can provides arguments why my post above doesn't apply.

I agree, I'm basically putting in for the Mercury update and see if I can ride a decent gain all while getting it at a decent discount from the drops

Concept of BAT is nice but the Brave browser, which is the main point, is also what doesn't makes me invest as long term investment. I see no chance that that browser takes off. Besides the browser giants, i could already name 5-6 other alternatives (also some with focus on privacy or ads). Sure, they don't do the same with the ads like BAT/Brave are looking to do but i don't belive that is enough for someone to switch to Brave. And even if they somehow manage to get a foothold, Google alone has the manpower and resources to swoop in with something similar or alternatives.

I agree, I'm basically putting in for the Mercury update and see if I can ride a decent gain all while getting it at a decent discount from the drops

I sort of feel the same with BAT. I bought in last month at a really low and sold, made some profits......then bought back in a few weeks ago to see what this Mercury update entails. My brother is high on BAT, but I feel like there is too much competition in this space between all of the browsers and how do you dethrone the giant Google.

bigedole

It won a twitter competition to get put on the hitBTC exchange. It was between that and DGB (couple others on the poll, but all votes went to those two pretty much). I sold my XVG at 87 too, hehe, oh well!

Absinthe

It won a twitter competition to get put on the hitBTC exchange. It was between that and DGB (couple others on the poll, but all votes went to those two pretty much). I sold my XVG at 87 too, hehe, oh well!

XVG was one of the first coins I bought on Ccex and like you, I sold it a while ago after no movement. Whoops.

Donos

The "privacy" coin space is getting crowded. Probably only one (if any at all) is going to come of as the go to coin (for russians, deep/dark webers and other ... discret people).

The "privacy" coin space is getting crowded. Probably only one (if any at all) is going to come of as the go to coin (for russians, deep/dark webers and other ... discret people).

Yeah it is, way too many redundant coins out there even with the privacy coins. PIVX has been gaining some ground too. I had added some of that to my portfolio not too long ago, hoping to make some decent money on it.

Tk0n

I think PIVX is a really good longterm choice. Im gonna buy back in too when i have the funds availsble. Sold mine a few days ago before the dump.

Sony

Nintendo
Damn, OMG on a linear path up.. It's almost at ATH. A bit too much for me to buy in now :( I wonder if it will go down a bit.

Cipherr

I want to like IOTA, but I cant freaking buy it. Not available on shapeshift, only really on Bitfinex with any reasonable volume. But its too fucking risky buying there as an American since they closed their doors to US traders.

Im not buying it, then having them lock my account and keep my coin with no recourse, fk that.

Drifters

I would not rule out a Google purchase to be honest.

Damn, OMG on a linear path up.. It's almost at ATH. A bit too much for me to buy in now :( I wonder if it will go down a bit.

OMG is a beast and seems to be consolidating very nicely in this range. I really hope that it just takes its time getting into the upper teens/twenties. I hate to see some crazy skyrocket that screws this up. I'm thinking of maybe selling a little bit of my Neo to get more OMG.

I think PIVX is a really good longterm choice. Im gonna buy back in too when i have the funds availsble. Sold mine a few days ago before the dump.

PIVX is a good investment, I wish I would have gotten in when it was at the $2 range. While there is a redundancy of these privacy coins, it seems like this one is gaining some steam.

I really like TenX and have been holding that for a month now, but this coin just kills me at times. Right now i'm quite in the red with this, but I have long term hopes that this will take off at some point. The CEO Dr. Julian is always transparent and communicating with the community on a weekly basis

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I want to like IOTA, but I cant freaking buy it. Not available on shapeshift, only really on Bitfinex with any reasonable volume. But its too fucking risky buying there as an American since they closed their doors to US traders.

Im not buying it, then having them lock my account and keep my coin with no recourse, fk that.

Went through the same thought process. Oh well.

galperi1

Went through the same thought process. Oh well.

I'm a new to crypto and originally thought the same thing. Then I decided to take the plunge and bought on bitfinex and quickly moved it to the IOTA light wallet since I plan to keep it long term. I figure at some point in the future it should get listed at another exchange that would be open to US customers.

So does Walton have a wallet? I do not trust keeping coins on Binance.

Also, any issues with people depositing and withdrawing in coins? No verification needed or anything right?

Drifters

I'm going to pull a Peter Venkman moment... what exactly does Binance have over Bittrex in terms of alt coins?--more rare coins and/or only specific regions of alt coins?

Tk0n

Its coming soon to binance.

Hisoka

EXACTLY WHAT A DISCUSTING SHILL WOULD SAY

you dont have to worry about being marked a shill unless you start heavily pimping this rando unknown coin repeatedly

Haha exactly!
I won't need to do this with a coin that's around since 2014. Overall i just wanted to give a heads up here to watch it.

ARK goes up again, looks very healthy! Kudos to everyone who bought at sub 40.000. I just don't think it will reach such a low again. From now on, without some unexpected negative news, it can only slowly but surely climb up i guess.

Market recovers nice already..

Tk0n

man, those sudden 30% drops of wtc sure are something... someone else is making bank, but i cant get the timing right :D

Tk0n

whats the opinion on ripple?

everybody hates it ;)
no, not really, but my take on it, is that there are too many coins in existence to achieve a significant price increase.

a lot of people dont like that its centralized. also ive seen post in this thread question its business model, asking what xrp are used for, as bank would use their own fork if they would switch to ripple (a switch, which is doubtful).
doesnt mean that hype cant push the price to 100% above its current price tomorrow, as the pump 2 weeks ago has shown.
me, i just dont like it and will stay away from it.

Donos

Newcomers see XRP up there on coinmarketcap.com, still sooo cheap, read about the business (ties) of Ripple (not XRP) and think that when it (soon) blows up to Ethereum levels > Lambo shopping.

I have 40€ worth of XRP just in case but i don't see it going anywhere near ETH levels in the next 4 or so years,from all that I've read about it. (my noob opinion)

ARK and OMG looking good. I'm pleased :)

Hisoka

Newcomers see XRP up there on coinmarketcap.com, still sooo cheap, read about the business (ties) of Ripple (not XRP) and think that when it (soon) blows up to Ethereum levels > Lambo shopping.

I have 40€ worth of XRP just in case but i don't see it going anywhere near ETH levels in the next 4 or so years,from all that I've read about it. (my noob opinion)

ARK and OMG looking good. I'm pleased :)

Word.

Actually, it would be a miracle if Ripple even manages to get to 1€. Just too many coins. The other aspect is, that you have more coins to sell when you buy, so it's a big win when Ripple goes up 0.10 € already.

POS is really something interesting. People tend to accumulate the coins rather than sell them. Still many traders of course, but it's a continuous upwards trend.

Brohan

volume for ark is still a bit low but its picking up some steam. wouldnt be surprised if 0,0006 or 0,00065 is the new bottom at the end of the week.

Might het a much bigger bump than that if ACES releases and gets people hyped up.

Keeeep on crashing down Walton. Waiting a bit more to buy in. Can't believe I am buying this shit coin but oh well. lol Maybe it gets listed on Bitfinex...

No wallet yet. But its an erc20 token. You should be able to use any eth wallet.

Thanks! Will look into that then.

DKF590

Keeeep on crashing down Walton. Waiting a bit more to buy in. Can't believe I am buying this shit coin but oh well. lol Maybe it gets listed on Bitfinex...

I've been riding the waves on WTC all day. Slowly accumulating more and more by selling when it hits like $1.40+ and buying when it gets cheaper. Haven't nailed it perfectly but it's worked out well enough. Seems to dip heavily every few hours for whatever reason. Just hope they eventually lead to something lol.

Danielsan

Slowly breaking through the 60k wall. Though there are still some significant walls in place. We'll have to see if ARK can hold this time, or if it will drop off again due to the resistance @ 60k.

Remember, BAT, when I said I would hold you till Mercury?

Remember+i+said+i+was+going+to+kill+you+last+_0554a0af1e8bf7767d2535724d14921a.gif

syllogism

Binance is restricting all Chinese IPs from trading. I would imagine this is temporary, but it's going to hurt several of their coins.

Donos

Binance is restricting all Chinese IPs from trading. I would imagine this is temporary, but it's going to hurt several of their coins.

That's very good news for BNB, probably getting back to the lvl i bought in pretty fast now ... -_- ... ;_;

Edit:/s

Donos

Uhhh, how is it good news for BNB?

Because from what I can see, BNB is not reacting to this news very well

Thought the smileys, expressing my feelings would be enough to make it clear what i meant. Going to take that 100€ loss and move on.

With the planned strings of ICOs, BNB was a good idea but Binance got really fucked by the recent news.

Probably temporary, till everything is organized so that a good chunk of $$$ lands in the right "government" pockets...

DKF590

Depressing to see BNB constantly on a downward trend. It seems like we get bad news on a daily basis. I still like the idea of quarterly buybacks and the idea behind the coins, but it's hard to have any faith after seeing it drop so much.

Kinda want to buy back in after seeing these prices, but I don't really want any funds tied up in BNB at this point.

syllogism

Some of these coins are going to leap if and when PBoC clears them and trading resumes. Somewhat regret transferring my ETH, but right now there's not much use for it on Binance.

tzare

finally bought a small amout of BTC ETH and LTC on coinbase. Quite expensive i must say, but wll, atleast the 10 dollar from referal made it worth... i guess.

Now i would like to buy ark, using eth for example. So i have to transfer it to another exchange, bittrex would be fine i guess?
How does it work? i have to do it from coinbase or from bittrex? I have copy the eth adress or btc on bitterx and pase it on coinbase and select an ammount and done?
Does this have fees?

And then buy ark on bittrex using the eth or btc transfered.
Btw way, how fast is the transfer? the same day maybe?

Thanks !

Lol! Awesome gif. I'm still going to hold tight and see if it at least can double in price with the release then sell. If this doesn't do anything with price time to dump.

I might put some fiat into it when I get my pay on Friday, but I have too much faith in ARK to possibly miss it's next round of news and releases

Crispy

finally bought a small amout of BTC ETH and LTC on coinbase. Quite expensive i must say, but wll, atleast the 10 dollar from referal made it worth... i guess.

Now i would like to buy ark, using eth for example. So i have to transfer it to another exchange, bittrex would be fine i guess?
How does it work? i have to do it from coinbase or from bittrex? I have copy the eth adress or btc on bitterx and pase it on coinbase and select an ammount and done?
Does this have fees?

And then buy ark on bittrex using the eth or btc transfered.
Btw way, how fast is the transfer? the same day maybe?

Thanks !

I bought ARK from Litebit and directly transferred it to my ARK wallet. Was a quick and painless process, so I can recommend it!
I did use euro's for that though, so since you already bought ETH and whatnot, I'm not sure if this is still a viable option for you.

Top Bottom