• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

I agree, we have an awesome community in this thread. Been able to learn a lot here along with some of the mistakes I made early on from when I started in May.

Days like this where everything is tanking do not come aong as often so if you guys have extra funds, time to buy. It's how I had grown my ANS/NEO during the July bloodbath.

It's days like this where you short everything and make a killing with everyone panic dumping 👍

It's days like this where you short everything and make a killing with everyone panic dumping ��

Yeah, if your good at shorting, you can make a killing today.

Guys, just a little friendly warning. This is the only site I post about crypto, over the weekend I had someone from Japan trying to hack my Cryptopia account. Glad I have 2FA on all exchanges. Just be very careful on posting the amounts of money you are making or what you are holding. There are clowns out there that will try to steal all of our hard earned crypto.

otf6iAK.gif

Drifters

Guys, just a little friendly warning. This is the only site I post about crypto, over the weekend I had someone from Japan trying to hack my Cryptopia account. Glad I have 2FA on all exchanges. Just be very careful on posting the amounts of money you are making or what you are holding. There are clowns out there that will try to steal all of our hard earned crypto.
Truth! Make sure you 2FA all your accounts since, you know, security and stuff.

Donos

Someone attempted to login at my cryptopia account too over the weekend. Haven't used cryptopia for anything except registering so i was not worried. Password was a long ass random keepass generated one. Since they tried it again and cryptopia locks the account anyway after some failed tries, i locked it myself and asked support to change mail. Have 2FA on all other exchanges.

Truth! Make sure you 2FA all your accounts since, you know, security and stuff.

Someone attempted to login at my cryptopia account too over the weekend. Haven't used cryptopia for anything except registering so i was not worried. Password was a long ass random keepass generated one. Since they tried it again and cryptopia locks the account anyway after some failed tries, i locked it myself and asked support to change mail. Have 2FA on all other exchanges.

I locked mine down too on Friday. I wonder if some group from Japan hitting up forums and looking to see who they can hit, maybe our thread was one of them.

So people have actually been getting their money/coins back from BTCE. Gotta hand it to these anonymous Russians, they didn't just up and run with everyones coins. They are still shady but even getting 50% of your coins is shocking to me. I always used them when I was day trading and never had a problem until the mafia US Gov took them down.

Donos

I have heard a few people say they had unauthorised login attempts from Cryptopia this weekend. Database breach maybe?

That sounds like they got hold of the Cryptopia emails (database) and then tried their luck with easy passwords...

Lots of other ppl on reddit with the same problem.

Drifters

So people have actually been getting their money/coins back from BTCE. Gotta hand it to these anonymous Russians, they didn't just up and run with everyones coins. They are still shady but even getting 50% of your coins is shocking to me. I always used them when I was day trading and never had a problem until the mafia US Gov took them down.

Is there a good article on how btc-e was taken down? I was looking for an exchange when I stumbled across ShapeShift.io a few days. I was surprised to see the US Government departments listed as the site being sized. From the sounds of it... Russian owned?

Drifters

Wonder if the floor has hit yet.

People were saying LiteCoin floor was $40 dollars of which I don't think it will go that low. $BTC will probably slowly rebound spike and dip over the next couple of days until the markets overall stabilize after that Chinese report on ICO's. (Where's Frank Underwood when we need him?)

Instro

So at times like these, when the whole market is down, what's the quickest way to attempt to secure some earnings and possibly buy back in at lower prices. Obviously too late now, but I'm curious as I can only think that transferring coins to an exchange with fiat trading and then sell everything into fiat would work. Maybe I'm dumb though and there's something more obvious.

Drifters

So at times like these, when the whole market is down, what's the quickest way to attempt to secure some earnings and possibly buy back in at lower prices. Obviously too late now, but I'm curious as I can only think that transferring coins to an exchange with fiat trading and then sell everything into fiat would work. Maybe I'm dumb though and there's something more obvious.

You're talking specifically about alt coins on the exchanges? I would suggest that you always have some $BTC idle on an exchange to get in on the low prices since wallet to exchange can take a while. Just be mindful of how much you leave there.

Hisoka

USDT is or was one of those possibilities. While it's an "ahem...". save measure to store your fiat, you never know when Tether suddenly vanishes i guess. It's a good idea this Tether, but sadly they played games with it.

And of course sending the coins back to an exchange with fiat. But because the transfer of bitcoin etc needs time, you lose money. So Tether would've been faster and instantly. If you would do the Exchange thing, LTC is faster than BTC, so this would be my coin to go if i would do it that way.

Edit: bitcoin sell order of 174 bitcoins.. holy shit i never saw such a HUGE wall..

The Rizza

Are BTC confirmations taking extra long today because of the bloodbath going on? Wanted to try to grab a few things, but only one confirmation so far

Brandson

The news from China is ambiguous so far. If they are simply banning ICOs in China, then that's not too bad, and the recovery shouldn't take too long. However, some translations say that all crypto trading in China will be banned. That would likely cause a prolonged downturn. More clarification from the Chinese government is needed.

Donos

Well, everywhere the words decentralization and anonymity are flying around with crypto. Probably two things the Chinese government is not to hot about.

But i doubt they want to completely miss the blockchain development/progress.

tzare

hi guys, one question, to make a deposit with euros, once the bank account has been verified, i thought it was easier and it was coinbase that made the movement and connacted thmy bank, if i wanted to add a certain amount.

But does not seem to work that way: it seems that i have to ask my bank to send the money via SEPA using the reference number coinbase gave me, is that the way it works?

i hope i made myself clear ^^

syllogism

hi guys, one question, to make a deposit with euros, once the bank account has been verified, i thought it was easier and it was coinbase that made the movement and connacted thmy bank, if i wanted to add a certain amount.

But does not seem to work that way: it seems that i have to ask my bank to send the money via SEPA using the reference number coinbase gave me, is that the way it works?

i hope i made myself clear ^^
Yes, you've to make a foreign SEPA deposit using all the details Coinbase provides to you. Assuming you get all the details right, it shouldn't take long. At least with my bank it typically takes at most one business day to transfer money to Kraken, though their official estimate is longer than that.

pieface

Market isn't looking too bad at the minute, kinda just reversed a week. Could do with Bitcoin getting up to 4200 and staying there for a little while. I suspect in about 3-5 days the whole market will start to recover.

Dilly

Banned
I'm in luck that I sold BNB at a small loss and only own NAV and ARK. Both kept quite steady during this downfall.

Cipherr

The news from China is ambiguous so far. If they are simply banning ICOs in China, then that's not too bad, and the recovery shouldn't take too long. However, some translations say that all crypto trading in China will be banned. That would likely cause a prolonged downturn. More clarification from the Chinese government is needed.

I suspect they won't be complete banned forever but maybe rules put into place. Which is reasonable IMO. But what I worry about is the fact that there are smoke signals everywhere that ICOs are going to get this treatment across the board. The SEC was commenting on ICO's recently too. China might be first but the U.S. is going to eventually follow afterwards; and I expect people to panic and sell. Theres also the slim chance China or the U.S DO actually ban them or heavily regulate them to the point of having a long term effect on the market.

In either of those cases I don't really want to invest in anything that has to much to do with ICO's and that includes Ethereum; not at least until all the major countries have had their say on ICO's allowing stability to return to that space. Until then Im not buying any coin that hedges on 'creating platforms for ICO's'. Not Ether, not BNB, not NEO, none of them. Im completely off that ICO shit until I can be sure the rug won't be pulled randomly one day.

tzare

Yes, you've to make a foreign SEPA deposit using all the details Coinbase provides to you. Assuming you get all the details right, it shouldn't take long. At least with my bank it typically takes at most one business day to transfer money to Kraken, though their official estimate is longer than that.

thanks!!!

Danielsan

All my crypto has been recovering nicely and/or were virtually uneffected today. Still bummed that I couldn't go shopping for cheap coins though.

Sony

Nintendo
Market isn't looking too bad at the minute, kinda just reversed a week. Could do with Bitcoin getting up to 4200 and staying there for a little while. I suspect in about 3-5 days the whole market will start to recover.

That means I have 3-5 days to sell some of my belongings and put into crypto :p

Can't believe i remained in the green after that bloodbath and hopefully it only goes up from now on.

Same, and glad I didnt panic sell my Ark earlier. Held strong today. My litecoin didnt lose much either. Not as bad as I expected when I first woke up today lol.

Brohan

Glad to hear it :D

All thanks to ARK :). My IOTA was down by 50% at one point but seems to be recovering slowly now. *knocks on wood*

Same, and glad I didnt panic sell my Ark earlier. Held strong today. My litecoin didnt lose much either. Not as bad as I expected when I first woke up today lol.

Yeah i was imagining something much worse but let's not cheer too quickly. Really curious what the coming days will bring.

The Rizza

There will come another time like this, keep playing the game, and it will come. For all of us who went through this, now we'll be more prepared for when it does happen again

EDIT: Not saying this particular dip is done just yet though lol

Sony

Nintendo
I've already put a Nexus 6P and PS4 on eBay :p It's too late anyway. CVC, NEO, OMG are all on an upward trend

Top Bottom