• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

tanuki

I think it's probably best to not look at crypto for a few days. Selling off now just seems pointless. The China ICO news plus Btc dipping $700 over the past few days has really destroyed my portfolio value. I can't imagine it's gonna stay this low forever, time to check out and just play some video games instead.

isn't someone about to go on vacation?

good news is, the market already crashed before you left, so you don't have to worry about it doing so and you can enjoy your vacation!

pieface

I wouldn't be going anywhere near NEO right now.

If it now goes up i'll still be happy with my decision. Way too risky, and it seems they will have problems in China for a long time.

Do I think NEO is going to recover?

No idea, it really depends on what China does. I wouldn't be touching it (even though I still have .6 NEO that I've been too lazy to make a whole NEO to sell) until a clear trend is developed. Trying to time the market when bombshells drop like this is something I really don't advise, especially if you're not confident.

I mean, just think about what will happen. If NEO does rise, do you think the people who bought in higher than it's current price are going to actually hold and or buy more, or are they going to instantly cut their loss once they get an acceptable gain back and sell?

Sold my NEO at $22.10. Thinking it probably drops more when the States wakes up.

Only represented 2% of my crypto portfolio so losing 25% of my investment doesn't hurt too much. Still sucks, this is my first time taking a loss.

People associate Ethereum with ICO's and branding yourself as the Chinese Ethereum with China banning ICO involvement...I just can't see it mooning anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong for the investors here.

DKF590

Pulled out most of my money to USD and threw a little bit on some of the small Chinese coins that took a huge hit. (LRC, YOYOW)

Gunna try to avoid looking at crypto for at least a few days and just jump back in later. Managed to not lose anything except my WTC profits from yesterday, but a few bad decisions and I could lose more than I'm willing. Just gunna watch this one from the sidelines for a bit.

Donos

good news is, the market already crashed before you left, so you don't have to worry about it doing so and you can enjoy your vacation!

I am :), wasn't planing on changing my portfolio before the dip and still won't now. Mostly long term holds.
Only thing i want to change is BNB but i was waiting for acceptable price to sell (have only 118 of them). Dat china/ico hype.

Going to look at blockfolio from time to time but won't have steady internet to fumble with exchanges anyway.

Not interested in holding my NEO sell-off in fiat, so I moved it into Monero. Not ethereum-based, privacy focused, feel like it could weather these storms better than most coins right now. We'll see.

Playing video games and pausing to check prices on blockfolio only to

lKL6jTj.gif

Like, personally i´m waiting(hoping) for the whole market to crash so i can stock up an cheaper coins. Though i don´t think this is it. Will recover in due time anyway.

Hisoka

Holy shit. I'm back into cryptocurrency.
My brother wanted me to invest everything in Neo yesterday and i didn't. Thank godness i didn't.. I nearly panic sold my bitcoin today but my brother said no. This time i listened an glad i did, BTC is also strong in recovery, nearly is up there again. So yeah.. we're quit i guess! I saved us from Neo and he saved me from panic selling. What a warm welcome back hahahaha!

I'm happy with my shit coin portfolio they aren't effected much by things like this.

I laugh so hard at shitcoin.

Lynd7

I was gonna trade some LTC for XBY but looked at the value of LTC dropping and decided to hold till it rises up a bit again.

gaming_noob

Cryptopia is still processing my withdrawal request to my wallet after 11 hours. I noticed the XBY wallet gave me some sort of error last night right before I closed the app but I was too distracted with my toddler son. I hope the coins are not in limbo.

Sony

Nintendo
I had an old optimistic buy order of 100 BNB at 25 that I forgot about... now that buy order filled and it's down to 19.... I'll cut my lossess once this fucker goes up a bit.

F-M-L.

Cryptopia is still processing my withdrawal request to my wallet after 11 hours. I noticed the XBY wallet gave me some sort of error last night right before I closed the app but I was too distracted with my toddler son. I hope the coins are not in limbo.

Are your coins not confirmed in your wallet?

Sony

Nintendo
I'm still conflicted on what to do in this dip. I feel like when America is up, it will buy the dip, making me miss not a boat, but the damn Ark of Noah...

BNB keeps plummeting, I wonder if I should sell it all now with an 800 euro loss and rebuy when it's lower.. but for some reason I feel like when I sell it all, it'll go up :/
Is binance exchange fucking up for anyone else? My graph isn't updating live and I Can't see the buy/sell orders

CCS

Banned
Yeah, I'm gonna wait and see if America waking up rights the ship or adds a couple more holes in the bottom.

I'm still conflicted on what to do in this dip. I feel like when America is up, it will buy the dip, making me miss not a boat, but the damn Ark of Noah...

BNB keeps plummeting, I wonder if I should sell it all now with an 800 euro loss and rebuy when it's lower.. but for some reason I feel like when I sell it all, it'll go up :/
Is binance exchange fucking up for anyone else? My graph isn't updating live and I Can't see the buy/sell orders

I jumped out of BNB with a ~300 USD loss.

Do you really see BNB dropping enough to warrant taking a near 1K hit in order to try and time another drop and rise?

You gotta relax and stop trying to play superman. If you really think BNB won't recover at all, then sell and don't buy back. If you think BNB is going to recover, then why would you sell in the first place?

Everyone is getting whacked today, nobody knows anything other than the news that is being dropped.

Sony

Nintendo
Yeah, I'm gonna wait and see if America waking up rights the ship or adds a couple more holes in the bottom.

Thing is, it's entirely possible that America will cause a slight rise up where people buy, prices rise, and the the market dips again.

I jumped out of BNB with a ~300 USD loss.

Do you really see BNB dropping enough to warrant taking a near 1K hit in order to try and time another drop and rise?

You gotta relax and stop trying to play superman. If you really think BNB won't recover at all, then sell and don't buy back. If you think BNB is going to recover, then why would you sell in the first place?

Everyone is getting whacked today, nobody knows anything other than the news that is being dropped.

YEah you're right. My total investment in BNB was 1.1k, I'm down 800 euro, the 300 euro won't do anything for me. Hell, I even said this on the last page.

DKF590

I would be careful with this. Personally I have no idea how the market will react when USA wakes up, and I wouldn't trust anyone who says that they do. Not to say that profits can't be made, it just seems like it would be a blind gamble.

Personally I'm really struggling trying not to buy on the dip. It's easier to give advice than to take it, lol.

Fuuuccck. Just waking up to a blood bath. Times like this im glad I only have ARK and a total of 1 LTC. I wonder if my other american traders are going to panic sell out when everyone else wakes up.

Red

Well, figured something was going on when I checked this morning and the entire value of my portfolio was down nearly 40%.

pieface

Crypto is a funny old game, those who have got in on the last week are kinda shitting themselves. Those who have been in for a few months like myself are just very relaxed.

These are just general crypto swings. As soon as BTC sorts itself out everything else will too.

If you've bought something that's dipped in price, chances are it rise again when BTC does.

Strong hands are needed, and a belief in the product/coin you invest in.

If you're blindly investing without understanding the purpose or tech behind each investment then you're in a bit of trouble. Always research your investments.

This is the time to be buying when there's this much of a bloodbath.....discount Monday.

Woke up to see my Neo very bad shape. Glad I took 60% profits a few weeks ago and left the rest on Neo.

Loaded up on OMG, just sucks that I missed it at $7.50 this morning.

ARK and NAV are still holding their own through all this.

Brohan

I guess that is a silver lining XD. That is if the crash doesn't last weeks.

Kinda wish i had sold my IOTA 2 days ago and put it in ARK for the time being but i chose otherwise and now it's too late.. time to hodl till the end now.

Wonder what my portfolio looks like when i return in 3 weeks >.>.

Drifters

I mean, it's how we all feel right? I logged into Bittrex this morning and was like....
giphy.gif

And reading some of the stuff over on Reddit, its like Crypto market is the Stock Market 2.0 for people dumb enough to put their entire paychecks into $BTC thinking they'll double their money.

So far, I've put $50 bucks (disposable income) in and I've learned a hell of a lot in just the few weeks I've be doing so.

1) It is addicting to see a "winner horse" in the race of alt coins
2) The guys in this thread are awesome to hear about blockchains I hadn't read about
3) Cryptocurrency (for me anyways) is a tertiary investment strategy of which I'm still learning the ropes.

That said things will normalize again, just going to take some time. BNB on the other hand....

Sony

Nintendo
Got me some NEO in this upward trend :) I'm gonna sell some later and hopefully invest 50 or so euro into some other coins like BAT and ARK

tzare

It's a lot to understand, trust me, we all get it :)

Yes - you buy from an exchange (e.g., Bittrex) and then you send it to your Ark wallet on your computer. It only holds ARK.

Edit: NAV is really doing something. At another ATH.

Edit: From the time I made my first edit to this second edit, it went up another 15 cents. Yikes.

thanks.
I have a bit of trouble understanding how these wallets work

I just got verified my bank account on coinbase and also on kraken.
So , i have to buy something there using Euros, and then transfer it to another wallet. Does this have fees? Transfering from coinbase to an exchange that allows to buy ark for example is not free?
It seems i'll have to open an bittrex account too to buy ark.
And btw, can i store ark on bittrex or is it mandatory to send it to ark wallet? (because that voting thing i do not understand at all)

I mean, it's how we all feel right? I logged into Bittrex this morning and was like....
giphy.gif

And reading some of the stuff over on Reddit, its like Crypto market is the Stock Market 2.0 for people dumb enough to put their entire paychecks into $BTC thinking they'll double their money.

So far, I've put $50 bucks (disposable income) in and I've learned a hell of a lot in just the few weeks I've be doing so.

1) It is addicting to see a "winner horse" in the race of alt coins
2) The guys in this thread are awesome to hear about blockchains I hadn't read about
3) Cryptocurrency (for me anyways) is a tertiary investment strategy of which I'm still learning the ropes.

That said things will normalize again, just going to take some time. BNB on the other hand....

I agree, we have an awesome community in this thread. Been able to learn a lot here along with some of the mistakes I made early on from when I started in May.

Days like this where everything is tanking do not come aong as often so if you guys have extra funds, time to buy. It's how I had grown my ANS/NEO during the July bloodbath.

Top Bottom