• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Dont know, thought the rain effect was pretty odd in this. It had a very unnatural way it pooled on top of objects as if it was the ground, and many objects showed no actual water effect on it.

Blizzard

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Dont know, thought the rain effect was pretty odd in this. It had a very unnatural way it pooled on top of objects as if it was the ground, and many objects showed no actual water effect on it.
Yeah, from that GIF it looks like it's trying to climb to the middle of the car roof. I imagine it's a shader effect and thus might be hard to control, who knows.

Really liking the game so far, playing on post-human is a blast and I've never been killed in a way that I thought was "cheap", great balancing. Only complaint is that it's a bit too easy for being the hardest setting, armour could be a bit weaker, humans drop a bit too fast and then there's the AI issues that everyone's aware of. Fighting aliens is near perfect though, it can get really hectic with the melee guys running everywhere and shooting them feels super satisfying (sparks!), good stuff!

scitek

ph33nix said:
Do the PC players here have a favorite server that we all like to play on?

Or is absolutely nothing organized for GAF? :(
Speaking to this, how much is it to rent a server? Would that be of any interest to anyone here if enough people chipped in?

I haven't touched the Multiplayer yet (PC). Every time I go to the server list, it shows up empty. First attempt was on launch day, last attempt last night. Same result. Y it do this?

Starting my 3rd playthrough on Super Soldier, also trying to get all collectibles/speed cameras (last of my single player achievements).

I love this game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Neuromancer said:
Starting my 3rd playthrough on Super Soldier, also trying to get all collectibles/speed cameras.

I love this game.
I'm finishing up my second playthrough that's been dedicated to experimentation then I'm going to turn up the difficulty and try to find everything. I'm actually looking forward to more playthroughs so I can find/do new things.

I built a PC last summer, but didn't have enough funds to build a really decent gaming rig. But I just came into some money recently, so I added a GPU and some more ram. Do you guys think this setup will be good to run Crysis or Crysis 2 on high @ 1080P (as my monitor doesn't support resolutions above that)?

HIS Radeon HD 6850
MSI 880GMA-E45 AM3 Micro ATX Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz Quad-Core CPU
A-DATA Gaming Series 6GB DDR3 SDRAM
OCZ StealthXstream II 600W ATX12V v2.2/ EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply

I went on a buying spree last Christmas thanks to Steam and can't play half the games I bought, and I hope to play both Crysis games on this rig.

SonofdonCD said:
I built a PC last summer, but didn't have enough funds to build a really decent gaming rig. But I just came into some money recently, so I added a GPU and some more ram. Do you guys think this setup will be good to run Crysis or Crysis 2 on high @ 1080P (as my monitor doesn't support resolutions above that)?

HIS Radeon HD 6850

I went on a buying spree last Christmas thanks to Steam and can't play half the games I bought, and I hope to play both Crysis games on this rig.
I don't know why you couldn't play your games with that rig. I've got less than that, and I can run Crysis 2 on Very High with a good framerate.'

To compare: Athlon II X4 640, 4GB DDR3 and crossfired 5770s

SonofdonCD said:

HIS Radeon HD 6850

Yup, you're good.

The Big Rig said:
I don't know why you couldn't play your games with that rig. I've got less than that, and I can run Crysis 2 on Very High with a good framerate.
I don't think I explained myself clearly.

When I originally built this rig, I didn't have this video card, this memory nor this power supply. I just bought those additions a few days ago. I was just checking to see the potential of what I just bought.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The Big Rig said:
Jesus, I wish they could make the new STALKER with CE3. Dat Rain.

STALKER 2 is being built on Cryengine.

I wonder if mod teams (assuming some tools get released) will be able to port Crysis/Warhead maps into Cry 2. Would be interesting to see if the optimization is purely due to the smaller scale of Cry 2 or not.

Sinatar said:

I wonder if mod teams (assuming some tools get released) will be able to port Crysis/Warhead maps into Cry 2. Would be interesting to see if the optimization is purely due to the smaller scale of Cry 2 or not.
Wiki tells me their using a proprietary engine, but you might be thinking of the SOC remake in CryEngine 2.

Red

Another blue screen. That's three in two days. So annoying. Anyone else having trouble with this game on AMD cards? I'm using 10.10 drivers, and I have a 5870. Newer drivers don't play nice with my card for some reason, and cause it to be very unstable. 10.10 is typically solid, but it's having all sorts of problems with C2 it seems (flickering textures, lock ups, crashes).

Riptwo

I'm running two 560s in SLI, and it would appear that I've completely missed out on the rain effect in the game. I saw the wet car roof texture, and I just thought that the rain effect was really lame. The more you know!

njean777

just beat the game on ps3 and must say i really enjoyed it, to bad the mp isnt the best but the story was really well done in my book. I have crysis warhead for the pc and am going to play that one next. I beat the first one and dont know why i did not get crysis 2 on pc but oh well still a good game on the ps3.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Sinatar said:

No, they use a new iteration of x- ray.

TUROK

BattleMonkey said:
It's using an animated normal map to simulate wet surfaces. Any other way to do this would probably be way too expensive to pull of in real-time.

Oreoleo

The Big Rig said:
Wiki tells me their using a proprietary engine, but you might be thinking of the SOC remake in CryEngine 2.
They announced over a year ago they were planning to use Cryengine for STALKER2, but in a more recent PR statement they said they were using an in-house engine. Not sure why they backtracked on that but there you go.

sleepykyo

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
Having finally been able to spend a good chunk of time on the MP this weekend, I come away with these conclusions.

-The SCAR needs to be nerfed big time. It's essentially the "do-anything" weapon at this point in time, and it's better at seemingly all ranges in comparison to other weapons.

-The shotguns need a boost. I unlocked the Marshall and immediately regretted it, as it's more or less useless.

Otherwise, it's been real good fun, the big maps are enjoyable, and the suit really adds to the gameplay.

I don't mind that the scar is really strong since it is a starting weapon so you might as well give newer players something.
-The scarab and feline have a silencer option while the scar doesn't.
-The lmgs are still better for taking out 3 enemies at a time than the scar.
-Agreed on the marshall.

My biggest issues with mp (outside of the multitude off technical issues with the PS3 version) are:

1. The perk system: newer player is gets to run 3 perks while higher level players are essentially running 9 perks. And I used to think pro perks were a bit much.

eg. lvl 3 Energy Transfer = ET+ ET + ET
lvl 3 Blind Spot = UAV immunity + Tag immunity + ????
lvl 3 Weapon Pro = Fast Reload + Faster ADS + Faster Weapon Switch

2. Nanovision doesn't really counter stealth that well in practice:
The range is too short for scanning hidden snipers and at close range you would be able to see the shimmer anyway.

3. Lots of things seemed to be designed to make the game less smooth
- Recovery from air stomp allows you to move but not shoot for a while
- Weapon swaps are needlessly slow given how weak the side arms are
- Tagging someone involves having to switch to binoculars then pressing square like the sp instead of a single button press like Bad Company's mp.

4. Also vision obscuring lighting. eg. Lighthouse and Impact spots

With a few gameplay tweaks (and a massive performance boost), it would make a great evolution of the MW era CoD.

My biggest problem with the MP is the whole,

"Please enter your CD-Key"

Hmmm, okay!

"EFU924U32IJHIFH48YRT4"

Accepted.

Edit: Did I mention the part where you can mash buttons in and have a valid CD-Key?

Oh, and the part where there's no anti-cheat protection?

(VAC is better than nothing, yo.)

Red

Just finished the chopper boss and met up with the old guy. It's definitely getting better, but damn if the enemies in the boss fight didn't hurt themselves ten times worse than I hurt 'em. Every five seconds they were blowing themselves and/or each other up.

What's the most efficient way to convert fraps videos?

markao

Crunched said:
Another blue screen. That's three in two days. So annoying. Anyone else having trouble with this game on AMD cards? I'm using 10.10 drivers, and I have a 5870. Newer drivers don't play nice with my card for some reason, and cause it to be very unstable. 10.10 is typically solid, but it's having all sorts of problems with C2 it seems (flickering textures, lock ups, crashes).
I have had no problems, 5850, with both 11.2 & later when I updated 11.3 drivers.

Then again, I had no problems with the 11 series with other games, so I guess you just have to try.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Crunched said:
Just finished the chopper boss and met up with the old guy. It's definitely getting better, but damn if the enemies in the boss fight didn't hurt themselves ten times worse than I hurt 'em. Every five seconds they were blowing themselves and/or each other up.

Windows movie maker is ok and simple.
VirtualDub is good

strata8

Crunched said:

When uploading to YouTube, I usually use Windows Live Movie Maker. Works really well and the quality is pretty great.

I'm using VidCoder for general video conversion, though. It's an native .NET 4.0 interface to Handbrake, one of the better H.264 encoders out there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm about half way through my super human run and I am really feeling the checkpoint stupidity. It just kills my desire to keep playing when I have to wade through a 15 minute fight again because the last enemy killed me.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I'm about half way through my super human run and I am really feeling the checkpoint stupidity. It just kills my desire to keep playing when I have to wade through a 15 minute fight again because the last enemy killed me.

There are so many parts of the game where I spent 10-15 minutes in an area trying to fight my way through it, ending up dying and then stealthing past it in 3 minutes instead.

Though this is really more of an issue with cloak being too effective than it is with shitty checkpoints/no quicksave...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ysiadmihi said:
There are so many parts of the game where I spent 10-15 minutes in an area trying to fight my way through it, ending up dying and then stealthing past it in 3 minutes instead.

Though this is really more of an issue with cloak being too effective than it is with shitty checkpoints/no quicksave...
I'm at some parts where stealth isn't possible due to either really tight areas (basement of the Hargreave building) or required enemy elimination to move the level forward. I had really been enjoying my stealthy play though as I was sneaking through parts of levels I hadn't really noticed on my initial "Michael Bay" run.

Miggytronz

Crysis 2 Patch Notes

On Thursday 31st March we released a patch for the X360 system that fixed many issues raised by the community. Today we have also released a patch for PS3.

We would like to thank the community for helping us to identify a number of unexpected issues, and we will continue to monitor the game and community for future fixes and improvements.

Below is a list of fixes included in the patch;

- A number of AI fixes and improvements (single-player campaign)
- Improved anti-cheat protection
- Fix for missing and corrupt sounds
- Fix for music tracks repeating when they shouldn’t, and two different tracks occasionally playing at the same time
- A range of networking improvements, including fixes to host migration
- Fix for Capture the Relay where the CELL team would occasionally not be able to pick-up the relay in the second round
- Addressed a bug with the “Show All” radar option when players would intermittently not be shown
- Ammo crates now disappear from tactical hints when they’re emptied (single-player campaign)
- Fix for a number of After-Match Awards not being correctly allocated
- Fix for inaccurate audio being played during the kill replay camera
- Smoothed the transition into and out of the kill replay camera
- Fix for the battle announcer audio occasionally reporting inaccurate Support Bonus information
- Fix for the Deflection bonus staying permanently active if held by a player at the end of a round
- Fix for menus scrolling continually if a direction is held on the left analog stick during load
- Various Skill Assessment fixes so stats are tracked correctly
- Leaderboard fixes for data occasionally being shown in the incorrect column
- Fix for an issue with shadow rendering
- Fix for crouch and zoom being on the same button in one of the alternate control schemes
- Added additional announcer signposting when approaching the score limit in game modes
- Fix for players of rank 50 being shown as rank 51 in-game
- Improved ledge grab transition speed
- Reduced lag when switching weapons
- Fix for a Stealth Kill bug where, if performing a kill on a moving target, pressing the button would sometimes drag players along behind that opponent instead of performing the kill
- Fix for explosions occasionally not rendering in the kill replay camera
- Fix for an issue when trying to switch weapon during a slide, where players were sometimes left in a no-weapon

- MyCrysis Team

Feindflug

Mikasangelos said:
Crysis 2 Patch Notes

That's great news, hopefully they will improve/fix the enemy AI and why not work on a patch to improve the performance on the consoles.

BTW planning to start Super Soldier after I beat Hardcore on DS2. :p

Miggytronz

They just put it up for you PC guys.

Crysis 2 PC 1.2.0.0

A new Crysis 2 PC patch is scheduled to go live later today. Below you will find a list of the top fixes.

List of changes
• Further improved anti-cheat measures
• Fix for spurious characters appearing when initiating text chat
• Fix for Chatlog doesn't disappear after kill cam
• Fixed occasional login issues
• Changed VOIP defaults
• Fixed some UI aspect issues on multiple monitors
• Added option for crouch toggle in MP & SP

We’re working hard with our Ranked Server Partners to switch the servers at the same time that the patch goes live – but inevitably this will take time so we ask for your patience. When you launch the game, the patch will auto-download. If you cannot find servers, please exit the game and re-start to ensure the patch has applied.

You can check the version number by selecting Properties on Crysis2.exe and selecting Details. The correct version after patching will be 1.2.0.0, and the executable will be signed by Crytek GmbH.

- MyCrysis Team

Cornbread78

I played MP for a few hours on Sat, night and I must say playing it a second time, I was very impressed. They should make the matches 10v10 with teh huge size of the maps, there is way to much space to cover for 6v6 at times...

Dennis

Banned
Mikasangelos said:

Crysis 2 PC 1.2.0.0

A new Crysis 2 PC patch is scheduled to go live later today. Below you will find a list of the top fixes.

List of changes
• Changed VOIP defaults

We’re working hard with our Ranked Server Partners to switch the servers at the same time that the patch goes live – but inevitably this will take time so we ask for your patience. When you launch the game, the patch will auto-download. If you cannot find servers, please exit the game and re-start to ensure the patch has applied.

You can check the version number by selecting Properties on Crysis2.exe and selecting Details. The correct version after patching will be 1.2.0.0, and the executable will be signed by Crytek GmbH.

- MyCrysis Team
Thats it?

Stuff about MP that I don't care about.

Mikasangelos said:

Crysis 2 PC 1.2.0.0

List of changes
• Changed VOIP defaults

- MyCrysis Team
Uhh why isn't the PC patch getting all those gameplay fixes, specifically the
AI improvements? Wtf

they must of fucked up the recently released 360 patch because several of those issues are still present.

the music still overlaps and gets really loud and distorted before a match begins. the AI hasn't noticeably improved either.

weapons still disappear as well.

WickedLaharl said:
they must of fucked up the recently released 360 patch because most of those issues are still present.

the music still overlaps and gets really loud and distorted before a match begins. the AI hasn't noticeably improved either.

The network code can't have been fixed either; a third of the games I played last night were getting 1 bar across the board except for host.

Top Bottom