• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

vazel

Banned
I liked MGS4's mp but he's right in that the login and dlc issues ruined it. A shame they shut down MGS3's online for that disaster.

Manp

Stallion Free said:
Wtf where is the nanopoints fixed. I can't even earn them anymore no matter what I do. How fucking difficult is this?

holy crap this is true! they probably fixed the issue where the game forgets the nanopoints when you load a save game (haven't tested) but in game you still can't collect them immediately after loading... if it's like before it starts working randomly sometime while playing.

shit crytek can't believe you half-assed this :|

Manp said:
holy crap this is true! they probably fixed the issue where the game forgets the nanopoints when you load a save game (haven't tested) but in game you still can't collect them immediately after loading... if it's like before it starts working randomly sometime while playing.

shit crytek can't believe you half-assed this :|

Tnx for confirming it. That was/is my problem too.

Facism said:
sorry to repeat, but using mickey knox's config stuff seems to have removed the rain from my game :p

Anyone know the cvar or whatever that controls that?
Whoa, thanks for pointing that out, I'll tool around with some cvars and update.

Metal Gear?! said:
The game got flak for the story in dialogue in direct proportion to the claims about "we've hired an award-winning novelist to write the story for us!!!"
Yeah and wasn't he talking mess about other game's stories too?

Still I think at worst it was average. But I liked Gould and Hargreave, they played well off each other.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
The worst part about the story was the
lawn mower man face that started showing up about the last quarter of the game. When it started cursing, I cringed. Who thought that was a good idea?

.nimrod

steam version just updated for me when i loaded it up

2u7vk09.jpg

MadOdorMachine said:
The worst part about the story was the
lawn mower man face that started showing up about the last quarter of the game. When it started cursing, I cringed. Who thought that was a good idea?
I don't even remember this :lol

Was it
Prophet
?

Facism

MickeyKnox said:
Whoa, thanks for pointing that out, I'll tool around with some cvars and update.

No worries man. I had to turn my postmsaa up to 3 to remove my edge shimmering, but other than the rain and the weird eye trails on the aliens the config is brilliant. So much eye-candy + performance on my 3 year old system.

Cheers for that :D

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Neuromancer said:
Haha OK

That would be great if that was his name in Crysis 3

I wish he had a voice

(in nanosuit voice)JUST CALL ME PROPHETRAZ BITCHES

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
GHG said:
Can anyone else confirm that this site is legit and wont steal my monies?

Also any word on the best mods/configs for the PC version. I want this shit looking the best it can be.

there is a config on the first page but I haven't noticed any major difference except the lack of AA filter. It ate my framerate though, so I guess it might be doing something.

JoeBoy101

GHG said:

Also any word on the best mods/configs for the PC version. I want this shit looking the best it can be.

A LOT depends on how you like the PostMSAA filter. There's no proper AA in the game so you can either get uber clarity with jaggies, minimal jaggies but with a minor loss in clarity, or no jaggies at all with a blurfest. And some levels in between.

Mickey has his config in the op and Dennis has been sporting around his config in thread as well. Also, not sure where its at but you can google that shit, there is an online configurator that will right the autoexec file for you base on your choices for features (autoexec file is all you need, think if it as the config file).

C Jones

Game is tons of fun. One of my favorite single player FPS campaigns. Multi is pretty fun, but they gotta patch that glitch on 360 where the online menu music starts blaring for no reason.

kamspy

PjotrStroganov said:
Killed some aliens, including a heavy. Still at 60 nanopoints:(

whaaaaaaaaaaaat

I was about to post and ask if you get all your lost nano cat back. They owe me at least 20k.

GHG said:

G2Play is the only place to buy EA games. EADM doesn't give a fuck what third world country your key is from, it will still activate. Steam is a little more picky. I've bought close to a dozen EA games from G2Play and it's been nothing but butter. Just don't buy Steam games there.

The way they get the prices that low is buying games in countries with a favorable MSRP or exchange rate. Usually eastern euro land.

Last Hope

It will be months until fanboys will overcome Crysis 2.

Meanwhile, I am glad to get a modern PC game that I can run without spending $200 a year on a new video card and upgrading everything else every 2-3 years.

KKRT00

kamspy said:
The way they get the prices that low is buying games in countries with a favorable MSRP or exchange rate. Usually eastern euro land.
Actually they are mostly from asia region and they're 'overpriced' on g2play. There are auctions on polish auction site that sell Crysis 2 for 40% g2play price [14-15$]

Last Hope

I just want to know, what will PC gamers cling on to now? I think almost all the big name PC developers have "sold out." Sure Blizzard is a big name but they do not make FPS nor do they make games that require a top of the line PC to play.

BF3 looks to be made for the PC but Dice is far from a PC exclusive developer. By my count, all big name FPS developers have "sold out."

And sold out they did. Who wouldn't want to put their resources where the money is?

PC gamers must want tax incentives for PC developers.

.nimrod said:
steam version just updated for me when i loaded it up

2u7vk09.jpg
Courtesy of a sticky on the Steam forums.
Crysis 2 PC 1.2.0.0

A new Crysis 2 PC patch is scheduled to go live later today. Below you will find a list of the top fixes.

List of changes

Further improved anti-cheat measures
Fix for spurious characters appearing when initiating text chat
Fix for Chatlog doesn't disappear after kill cam
Fixed occasional login issues
Changed VOIP defaults
Fixed some UI aspect issues on multiple monitors
Added option for crouch toggle in MP & SP
Fixed a bug where players lost Nano Catalyst points after restarting the game
Filter settings in server browser are now retained
Default player count required to start a game from the lobby lowered to 4
Fixed issue related to “Deleting Reference Counted Object Twice” error that appeared for some users with strict router/firewall settings
Fixed issue of not being able to melee after dying
Fixed issue where some video cards were being stated as unsupported

We’re working hard with our Ranked Server Partners to switch the servers at the same time that the patch goes live – but inevitably this will take time so we ask for your patience. When you launch the game, the patch will auto-download. If you cannot find servers, please exit the game and re-start to ensure the patch has applied.

You can check the version number by selecting Properties on Crysis2.exe and selecting Details. The correct version after patching will be 1.2.0.0, and the executable will be signed by Crytek GmbH.

Update #1
Added the Nano Catalyst bug to the list of fixed issues. There seems to be a little confusion about the patch so please note, this is not the full list, but rather the key highlights.

Update #2
Added several other key points that are included with this patch.

For Steam Users
Steam users will experience some prolonged loading times in this patch for which we apologise. We will update the Steam build in the next few days to resolve this issue.

StevieP

Banned
Last Hope said:
It will be months until fanboys will overcome Crysis 2.

Meanwhile, I am glad to get a modern PC game that I can run without spending $200 a year on a new video card and upgrading everything else every 2-3 years.

$200/year on a new graphics card? Man I almost thought you were being serious.

*looks at your next post*

... oh. *picardfacepalm.gif*

Animator

SneakyStephan said:
I couldn't have worded it better myself. (this is the exact experience I am getting on pc)
No idea why the game gets a free pass just for being crysis (whine about graphics and porting aside), when the mp is unusable because of what you just described.

I dont know what horrible server you are playing on the pc but i have put in 50 hours on the pc mp so far and did not have any lag whatsoever. The worst ping I got was 50, I am usually around 20-23.

stuminus3

Last Hope said:
I just want to know, what will PC gamers cling on to now? I think almost all the big name PC developers have "sold out." Sure Blizzard is a big name but they do not make FPS nor do they make games that require a top of the line PC to play.

BF3 looks to be made for the PC but Dice is far from a PC exclusive developer. By my count, all big name FPS developers have "sold out."

And sold out they did. Who wouldn't want to put their resources where the money is?

Don't do this here.

[Nintex]

Last Hope said:

Wow, the second time I have to post this today:
GQNPa.jpg

Last Hope said:

How old are you?

Red

Last Hope said:

What

highrider

Banned
Last Hope said:

smh. why not just call pc gamers a bunch of poopy pants?

Last Hope said:

Are you that idiot that writes for Destructoid?

Last Hope

brain_stew said:
How old are you?
30 but that is irrelevant.

Crunched said:
Is there a Blizzard game I do not know about that is either a FPS or game that requires a top of the line PC to play?

--------------------------------------------------------------
The argument has always been that former PC exclusive developers are selling out. Selling out in this case means targeting development for the console. My question has always been, why wouldn't they? Easier and faster development process not to mention that by in large, most of their revenue comes from console game sales.

So unless we have businesses out there who want to work for half the pay that they could ordinarily could, I expect most developers to flock to console development.

Here is an idea for hopeful PC gamers, maybe some of those Open Source guys are into game development. Most don't seem to care about money too much.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Last Hope said:

tl6p38q3h.gif

RoboPlato said:
Hahah. That Destructoid review was hilarious. You can tell that the guy didn't even boot up the game.

Nah, I'm talking about the guy who blamed PC Gamers for everything bad that's ever happened, including famine, draught, both world wars, every natural disaster that has ever happened etc.

That and he made snarky comments about only 14% of first week retail sales for Crysis 2 were on the PC, deciding to forget about the existence of Steam and other DD services.

What an utter waste of space.

Nekrono

Last Hope said:
Is there a Blizzard game I do not know about that is either a FPS or game that requires a top of the line PC to play?

Almost top of the line processor for SC2, unless you don't mind running it on low shaders and make it look almost like the original.

Same with WoW for 25 man raids unless you don't mind running the game at sub 30 FPS. This was felt even more back in the 40 man raids.

Last Hope said:

Are you a bad enough dude to troll the Crysis 2 thread?

kamspy said:
G2Play is the only place to buy EA games. EADM doesn't give a fuck what third world country your key is from, it will still activate. Steam is a little more picky. I've bought close to a dozen EA games from G2Play and it's been nothing but butter. Just don't buy Steam games there.

Intkeys.com and OnlineKeyStore both sell cheap euro EADM keys as well. Don't worry about them stealing your money, but use a credit (not debit) card and be prepared to reverse charges if they don't get you your key fast enough - that always gets their attention.

[Nintex] said:
Wow, the second time I have to post this today:
GQNPa.jpg
Valve clearly sold out with L4D/L4D2

Animator said:
Wow this makes your post even sadder.

How? His age is irrelevant. His post would've been off-the-wall and troll-ish whether he was 16 or 30. Ad hominem attacks aren't appropriate for defusing his argument about PC FPS developers selling out.

DieH@rd

Banned
Last Hope said:

http://www.thatgamingsite.com/images/the-witcher-2-pc-2.jpg

Last Hope said:
30 but that is irrelevant.

What you don't seem to get is, a lot of us "PC Gamer(lol)" folk are not bemoaning the fact that the games are not pushing to the edge of some graphical limit.

We are disappointed by the loss of freedom. Loss of basic gaming features that have been part of PC gaming for ages. Dedicated servers, SDK, map editors, advanced settings, etc. It's not a console gamer vs PC gamer thing. The game companies, I am sure, are delighted by that fanboy war and at having one side champion loss of features and another side cast in the role of whiny raging nerds.

It is simply about getting less for our money than we did before. I used to buy games at the $40 price point in the 90s. I now buy them at $20 or below. There is no conflict. There is no selling out. There is just a disappointment in the loss of something we are used to.

Last Hope said:

bhahahahahahahahahaha

10/10 oh god i am laughing so hard, you got so many replies

Red

Last Hope said:
That's not what I was questioning. I can't wrap my head around what insane logic you are using to assume that either of those points supports your argument.

Top Bottom