• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Easily worth 10 bucks imo. It's not the greatest FPS campaign ever made but it's better than the heavily scripted nonsense in most other games.

It's also $9.99 on Origin

but you can buy it on Amazon, input the CD-key into Origin, and own it on Origin that way--plus you'll own it through Amazon and don't have to input payment info into Origin.

I just did all that

Anyone know a way of fooling Amazon into thinking you're in the US? It says the download service isn't available here in Australia, I've been waiting for a sale on this game since it's been $80 on Origin since release.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So picked it up and what's with the configs from the OP? Which one should I be using on my rig?

Have
GTX 460 1 GB(stock)
I5 2500k 3.3 ghz(stock)
4 GB Ram

Quick

Banned
I could ask this in the stupid gaming questions thread, but this one popped up first for me: when I uninstall this game, would the product key work again for re-use on another PC? I'm thinking of selling my PC copy, and would really like to have that key work again on another PC.

brobban

So I recently got a new PC and figured I give my Steam-version of Crysis 2 a run.
I tried installing the High Res Texture pack and DX11 patch, but neither of them are able to install.
I also have very pixelated textures, so I went online trying to get answers. None of the suggested options worked, and there seems to be no acknowledgement from Crytech regarding it.

Anyone here have any suggestions?

Tomodachi

Anyone know a way of fooling Amazon into thinking you're in the US? It says the download service isn't available here in Australia, I've been waiting for a sale on this game since it's been $80 on Origin since release.
Never tried directly but non-USgafs on the steam thread have successfully used a generic usa address (zip: 90210) and bought digital stuff apparently without any problem.

Erasus

It is well worth 10 bux! I loved the campaign, runs better and looks better than Crysis 1 on low (high). Playing around with the AI and the cool abilities was real fun to use.

Thrakier

So I finsihed today on PC. Overall I'm not very satisfied.

The GFX almost maxed out, most of the time it didn't impress me very much. I didn't like the style too much, it was too comicy, stark contrasts and too strong colors imo. Technical it was great obviously and there were some nice scenes as well.

Core gameplay was ok, but the campaign was pretty boring. Now that I think about it it felt like I was doing exactly the same for 10 hours. I likd it in the beginning but it got pretty boring. The AI was horrible and everything about this game felt kinda...artifical. It's hard to describe.

The story was horrible, one of the worst I witnessed in the last few years.

I started Crysis 1 just to compare and I felt more entertained by the most 20 minutes of Crysis than with the whole of Crysis 2. Althoug you see the Crysis 2 is "more polished" in a way, sound effects are better etc, Crysis is a bit "old" already. Whatever.

Oh, and one thing. NANOVISION ACTIVATED. NANOVISION ACTIVATED. NANOVISION ACTIVATED (you go on)...

Deadstar

I bought this during the amazon sale and am really blown away. This is easily the best game I've ever seen, even better than the witcher. I think it has something to do with the lighting. I'm very impressed so far after a few hours of it. It's kind of the same old thing that you're doing but I'm still having a lot of fun with it. I prefer the outdoor environments of Crysis but I think the city works in the context of this game. I hope Crytek returns to the jungle in Crysis 3.

I bought this during the amazon sale and am really blown away. This is easily the best game I've ever seen, even better than the witcher. I think it has something to do with the lighting. I'm very impressed so far after a few hours of it. It's kind of the same old thing that you're doing but I'm still having a lot of fun with it. I prefer the outdoor environments of Crysis but I think the city works in the context of this game. I hope Crytek returns to the jungle in Crysis 3.

I hope they go back to forests too, but I'm not sure about just tropical jungles. I would love to see Crytek's approach to a new climates. Oh, and more water.

fresquito

So i bought this from D2D and installed dx11 and hi ress texture pack. And... well, textures are far from great, but anyway. Is there any mod to disable tip from the game? I hate being told where I need to go, what key I need to press ALL THE TIME.

Besides, isthere any mod, config to make the game look less artificial? The tech is there, but when I see the game, all I see is a sum of colors that have nothing to do with reality. Everything's blue and yellow and well, it looks like ass.

So i bought this from D2D and installed dx11 and hi ress texture pack. And... well, textures are far from great, but anyway. Is there any mod to disable tip from the game? I hate being told where I need to go, what key I need to press ALL THE TIME.

Game is uninstalled now and I will probably never reinstall it, so I don't have access to the commands I used to get rid of the on screen tips. You should be able to google the console commands.

Be warned though, thanks to modern dumb as fuck game design where QTE's have infected every fucking game you wont be able to play without the on screen tips that tell you to "PRESS MOUSE1 NOW. PRESS MOUSE 2 NOW. PRESS E TO STAND UP". So unless you have that stuff memorized you have to leave the onscreen tips enabled.

KKRT00

Particles mod is amazing!

inSg5URNiwRRh.gif

My other gifs [edit all uploaded :)]
http://minus.com/mxtJIJAQJ

And link to the mod itself
http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=76973

KKRT00

I tried to bring attention to it a couple months back. Even made a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcgLkGogDP4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yes i saw that :) I was just waiting for near final version, i was actually watching this mod from the beginning.
What is strange that Xigmatek hasnt done that, he was offline for a long time and then he announced he would start to developer mods for CE 3, but didnt like it that much.
But hey, we still got what we wanted, no matter who made it :) Just a pity that we dont have Xigmatek promo videos which were always awesome

Hot damn.

Installed the high res textures and that particle mod.

Glad I never got half way through this before. this ride is going to be the shit.

Rented PS3 version. Looks good when there isn't some really gross blur. Whenever I come across an enemy or friendly NPC it looks bad, like it's in 3D and I don't have glasses :(.

Why is this game listed as a Move title on the PStore? Was support recently patched in, or is this an error on PSN's part? Don't have the PS3 version, so can't check myself.

Edit: Never mind, not listed under Move titles anymore. Guess it was an error.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Anyone know how to set the refresh rate to 50hz?
A friend of mine have a monitor/tv, wich make max 50hz, not 60hz, and if the game runs at 60hz, it lag and make other bad effect...
He already tried the "Alt+enter" trick, in fact, the game runs at 50hz in Window mode, but in fullscreen is 60hz again.
Any help?

Broman1978

Started playing Crysis 2 again yesterday on xbox360.. Suprised to see that its way more active in multiplayer now compared to a couple of months ago! I kinda really enjoy the multiplayer! Great fun:)

Marco1

It's indeed a great under-appreciated game. I bought it for under £5 and am enjoying the meaty campaign.
But I think the screen is to busy to enjoy the MP.

Does anyone still play the multiplayer for this?

The only thing I really hated about the multiplayer was everyone cloaking around. I pretty much had to constantly run around activating heat vision on and off in order to maintain high energy and not get killed by cloakers.

Type_Raver

Late to the party, but finally got it going.

Got an issue where during full screen gameplay, the framerate motion is slow and choppy. However if hit alt/enter and go windowed mode, its MUCH smoother and more playable.
I did the benchmark on ULTRA and got 48fps @1080p.

Specs:
CPU i7 3930K @ 4.7GHz | M/B Asus P9-X79 Pro | RAM 16GB 4x4 G.Skill DDR3 12800 | GFX ATI HD6970 2GB

Anyone know how to get "windowed" performance in fullscreen?!

PS: got the 1.9 patch, DX11 high textures and tessellation patches too.

EDIT:
Sorted it out.

Created a custom res' 1920x1076 in CCC and its all good.

Sorry to bump this up but I have a question that I'm hoping someone has a solution to. I came back to this game to play the rest of my first playthrough in ultra/DX11/high res texture mode...man does it look phenomenal!

But anyway, I have had a problem that I've yet to figure out how to fix (it has existed even in 100% vanilla Crysis 2). When using an assault scope, my mouse sensitivity gets extremely high when compared to just aiming using the other attachments or just from the hip. The assault scope is almost unusable to me unless I switch my DPI on the fly with one of my DPI buttons on my mouse, which is annoying.

Is there any known fix for this? Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

stn

Saw this thread was bumped, just giving my random thoughts:
Game kicks ass except for the lack of boss fights. I hope C3 fixes this.

Saw this thread was bumped, just giving my random thoughts:
Game kicks ass except for the lack of boss fights. I hope C3 fixes this.

I agree, this game was badass. A lot of people reacted negatively because Crytek didn't deliver the HD texture pack on launch, but the engine running on pc blows away the consoles, even without those textures. Running this with DX11 enabled at 1080p, with some of the really good mods at 60 fps is next-gen IMO.

Crysis 3 will deliver again. I'm pretty hyped.

Top Bottom