• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Does anyone have an answer to this? It doesn't seem to want to go away.

Bungieware said:
Playing on PC and I'm getting this glitch with the gun. Anyone had this before? Solutions?

1n2ZT.jpg

Dacon

Banned
dLMN8R said:
What.

The Crysis 2 story is one of the most poorly written fan fiction pieces of shit I've played in years. It's over-complicated to the point of absurdity, absolutely none of the characters are interesting, and it's only compounded by the fact that the story is constantly driving me as a player to feel like a stupid helpless pawn beholden to whatever random voice happens to be talking in my ear at the time.

Crysis and Warhead's story wasn't anything special, but at least it was told with restraint.

What? Crysis 2's story isn't complicated at all, and painfully simple. Right down to the ever present obnoxious hand holding.

Gvaz

Banned
dLMN8R said:
What.

The Crysis 2 story is one of the most poorly written fan fiction pieces of shit I've played in years. It's over-complicated to the point of absurdity, absolutely none of the characters are interesting, and it's only compounded by the fact that the story is constantly driving me as a player to feel like a stupid helpless pawn beholden to whatever random voice happens to be talking in my ear at the time.

Crysis and Warhead's story wasn't anything special, but at least it was told with restraint.

The story is basically Baby's First Console Shooter design by Crytek in trying to make it appeal to more people, in my honest opinion.

I hope Crysis 3 will go more towards Crysis Warhead in design and story.

Kak.efes

Is Crytek expected to release a Warhead-like expansion to this game? I just finished the campaign for the second time, and I'm jonesing for more.

XOMTOR

Bungieware said:
No one has any idea as to a solution?

Hard to say really. I've noticed quite a few "issues" with this game, especially after 1.9 but that one's new to me. It almost looks like an issue with the motion blur or somesuch. Of course the gun sight decal is detached from the scope so who knows.

You've probably already tried these but are you running with any custom configs (autoexec, game, system etc.) or mods? If so, ditch those first. Are you running under DX11? Drop back to DX9 and test that. If you're running the Steam version, verify the game files first. I'd also try setting all the graphical settings back to their defaults; no advanced settings. Is this the only area of the game you get this issue or is it everywhere?

XOMTOR said:
Hard to say really. I've noticed quite a few "issues" with this game, especially after 1.9 but that one's new to me. It almost looks like an issue with the motion blur or somesuch. Of course the gun sight decal is detached from the scope so who knows.

You've probably already tried these but are you running with any custom configs (autoexec, game, system etc.) or mods? If so, ditch those first. Are you running under DX11? Drop back to DX9 and test that. If you're running the Steam version, verify the game files first. I'd also try setting all the graphical settings back to their defaults; no advanced settings. Is this the only area of the game you get this issue or is it everywhere?

I was running DX11 before this happened but I dropped it back because I was only getting around 30fps. But I don't think it's related because this didn't start to happen until about 2 hours later. I got to that section where you can't stop the aliens from knocking you unconscious and you're staggering all over the place. It was either during or just after that it started happening. When I noticed it I assumed it was just some alien stuff messing up the suit. But it keeps happening. It's only on the gun though. Strangely there's an area I'm at now where there's a light in the corner that if I look at it stops happening. Watch as I turn away from the light:

5fvEjh.jpg

kT0jmh.jpg

XCKWlh.jpg

9mQp6h.jpg

IgurNh.jpg

HFIGxh.jpg

The last screenshot is when it starts happening. Very strange indeed.

NBtoaster

Bungieware said:
I was running DX11 before this happened but I dropped it back because I was only getting around 30fps. But I don't think it's related because this didn't start to happen until about 2 hours later. I got to that section where you can't stop the aliens from knocking you unconscious and you're staggering all over the place. It was either during or just after that it started happening. When I noticed it I assumed it was just some alien stuff messing up the suit. But it keeps happening. It's only on the gun though. Strangely there's an area I'm at now where there's a light in the corner that if I look at it stops happening. Watch as I turn away from the light:

http://i.imgur.com/5fvEjh.jpg[MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kT0jmh.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XCKWlh.jpg[MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9mQp6h.jpgIMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IgurNh.jpg[MG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HFIGxh.jpg[IMG]

The last screenshot is when it starts happening. Very strange indeed.[/QUOTE]

I had something strange happen there too. The game glitched and I could carry 3 weapons at a time, but not pick up ammo for them. Reloading from before the unconcious bit and doing that section over fixed it. The game keeps every autosave, so you could try reloading from there.

Just finished this game the other day. Was fun and it looked/played well but i got two huge glitches where i just couldnt move forward - had to restart the checkpoint and go through quite a bit of gameplay and it was fine. the game itself seemed quite buggy in general. it looked and sounded great tho.

NBtoaster said:
I had something strange happen there too. The game glitched and I could carry 3 weapons at a time, but not pick up ammo for them. Reloading from before the unconcious bit and doing that section over fixed it. The game keeps every autosave, so you could try reloading from there.

Tried that just now, but it starts happening from around the moment Hargreave starts talking to you after you wake up. When I get up onto my feet there's no gun on the screen. I click to make the gun appear and it starts happening right then.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Bungieware - I had this happen to me too except it wasn't just the gun. The whole level seemed to disappear and reappear. I think it has something to do with the 1.9 patch and I can't figure out how to play the game without it. I tried re-installing, but I'm forced to download the new patch. It makes the game unplayable. Luckily I had already beat the game and could skip thru that level, but it's pretty messed up if you're on your first play thru. Check out my screen shot at the link below and you can see my leg is jacked up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29619388&postcount=10620

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Bungieware said:
Tried that just now, but it starts happening from around the moment Hargreave starts talking to you after you wake up. When I get up onto my feet there's no gun on the screen. I click to make the gun appear and it starts happening right then.
That's exactly where I think it happened to me too. Right after you start off from the sniper position and have to jump down from a sky scraper. Is this the same area for you?

MadOdorMachine said:
That's exactly where I think it happened to me too. Right after you start off from the sniper position and have to jump down from a sky scraper. Is this the same area for you?

No it's the section just after that. I think the level is called Seat of Power. I tried starting that level from the replay level menu, effectively giving up my suit progress, but it still happens. I'm just about ready to give up on this considering it affects the gameplay. It makes it harder to aim when part of the gun goes invisible. Unrelated but look at this shit right here:

iU186l.jpg

The above only happens in that specific section where I'm standing in the screenshot though. I haven't seen it anywhere else in the game. I played that sniper section you were talking about just a while ago and the game is absolutely perfect there.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Bungieware said:
No it's the section just after that. I think the level is called Seat of Power. I tried starting that level from the replay level menu, effectively giving up my suit progress, but it still happens. I'm just about ready to give up on this considering it affects the gameplay. It makes it harder to aim when part of the gun goes invisible. Unrelated but look at this shit right here:

http://i.imgur.com/iU186l.jpg

The above only happens in that specific section where I'm standing in the screenshot though. I haven't seen it anywhere else in the game. I played that sniper section you were talking about just a while ago and the game is absolutely perfect there.
I'm sorry, yeah I meant the section right after that. That's were I had the problem too. It looks like the exact same problem and spot. When Crytek says, "No more patched" does that mean they aren't going to fix this bug?

MadOdorMachine said:
I'm sorry, yeah I meant the section right after that. That's were I had the problem too. It looks like the exact same problem and spot. When Crytek says, "No more patched" does that mean they aren't going to fix this bug?

Judging by this I would assume they aren't:

Eurogamer interview said:
This is the last patch scheduled by Crytek, Tully confirmed.

But the developer promised to dip back into support of the game if a hack emerges that demands attention.

"We're relatively happy with how things are at the moment," Hall said. "But there's always the thing with people cheating that they naturally are continually looking for an edge over other players. So new things will come to light and we probably will want to go back and look at them as they do.

"But I don't think there's anything we're aware of at the moment we desperately want to fix."

Thanks for the "gift" Crytek!

-SD- said:
Tech presentations for tech heads. Recently put online.

Lighting in Crysis 2: http://pydonzallaz.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/gdc-europe-2011-lighting-in-crysis-2/

CryENGINE 3 Rendering Techniques: http://www.crytek.com/cryengine/presentations/cryengine-3-rendering-techniques

Secrets of CryENGINE 3 Graphics Technology: http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2011/index.html

Anti-Aliasing Methods in CryENGINE 3: http://iryoku.com/aacourse/

Thanks dude.

Love the lighting slides.

-SD- said:
Tech presentations for tech heads. Recently put online.

Lighting in Crysis 2: http://pydonzallaz.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/gdc-europe-2011-lighting-in-crysis-2/

CryENGINE 3 Rendering Techniques: http://www.crytek.com/cryengine/presentations/cryengine-3-rendering-techniques

Secrets of CryENGINE 3 Graphics Technology: http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2011/index.html

Anti-Aliasing Methods in CryENGINE 3: http://iryoku.com/aacourse/
Thanks for posting this SD, really like this stuff even if most of the time i don't understand what they are talking about.

sikkinixx

Anyone having issues with the Origin downloaded version? I can never "resume" my game, it crashed. But if I load up a previous save, it seems to work. Grrr....

Getting a very strong HL2 feel in what I've played so far in the campaign. I'm wondering if I should increase the difficulty since I'm breezing through the levels, and spending more time exploring than shooting.

I don't know if I'm a sucker for having the gift to hold my suspension of disbelief really easily, but this game is off the mothefukin CHAIN! YEEEEIIIIAAAHHHH

In a way this the jump I would have wanted Halo 2 to take, meaning, to fight massive battles on a destroyed earth. While I understand the environments aren't open as in the first Crysis, this is probably the best traditional fps released in a long time, and a clear contender for game of the year.

Shambles

Awesome job Crytek. Game just hard locked my system, rebooted, lost all my nano points and upgrades. I see that this is a common problem but haven't found any save editors. Any way to cheat back nano points?

Any what's with this neogaf.net website that shows up on google results. Is someone trying to scam peoples logins with a fake domain?

Red

Well it's been months and I'm still slogging my way through the game. I'm currently infiltrating the Hargreave building, I'm guessing I'm about 3/4 of the way through.

Except I'm not sure I'll be able to progress any further, since apparently my game has suddenly been changed to some Dali-esque nightmare.

First, all nearby geometry vanishes. I'm still confined within structures, but can't see the walls. In the distance is an island covered by floating trees.

I slowly work my way toward it, fumbling against invisible barriers.

It's here when I realize it may be the mod I have installed (Blackfire) that's causing this weirdness. So I exit the game and uninstall it, then pick it back up.

But no

Welcome to the wasteland.

That's furniture floating in the air.

At one end of the island, there's a thin film of water with a vertical car floating above it.

On the opposite end, absent when I first entered but suddenly appearing as I turn around, is the monolith.

More furniture started appearing, farther and farther away the longer I stayed there. You can see some here as small dots in the distant sky.

I bailed a little after this. There was nowhere to go and nothing to do. Reloading my save puts me right back at the same place. All projectiles simply bounce back in my face. Has anyone else run into this, or have I entered some kind of twisted Crysis hell?

Red

MaddenNFL64 said:
lmao wtf is wrong with your game? shitty install?
I verified through Steam and nothing was wrong, but the whole thing is still all fucked up. I spent like fifteen minutes trying to go the opposite direction, and found a room full of soldiers who just kept walking back and forth or in circles. They wouldn't shoot at me.

I eventually went back to the limbo island and found a new configuration of floating furniture.

God is the monolith is dead

I deleted all the game files and reinstalled.

OH MY FUCK IT'S EVEN WORSE

I start now floating on nothing, with a car in front of me.

I look around for the wasteland and notice that objects are leaving ghost trails all over my screen.

That is, until I find my way back to the wasteland. The ghosting disappears, but now my entire screen shudders with every step I take.

But now there's an objective!

... With no way to complete it.

Exploring the island, I discover another floating dead zone adrift in space. I use my binoculars to get a closer look.

Tactical options?! I decide to investigate.

Crysis 2, fuck you.

I am not the first one to be trapped here, it seems.

Thrakier

So, what's the "best" settings for my system to get best gfx with best performance mixed? any recommendations?

ATI 6850 @850/1075
i5 2400
8GB ram

I noticed Post Processing is a very huge performance sucker. I get stable 30FPS with v-sync @highsettings and DX11 activated @1080p. I'd love 60FPS though.

Thrakier said:
So, what's the "best" settings for my system to get best gfx with best performance mixed? any recommendations?

ATI 6850 @850/1075
i5 2400
8GB ram

I noticed Post Processing is a very huge performance sucker. I get stable 30FPS with v-sync @highsettings and DX11 activated @1080p. I'd love 60FPS though.

Use D3Doverrider to force triple buffering instead of the in game v-sync, it will work perfectly and you'll gain fps.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Resurrection. I'm about halfway through after a long hiatus since I bought this in March.

So far, this has been one of the weakest FPS experiences I've played in a long time. The New York backdrop has not yet been put to good use in the 8 or nine levels I've seen. Objectives and 'tactical options' are mostly inane without any real sense of choice. Occasionally I'll witness some building collapse deep in the background, or a bridge tumble under my feet, but these constant arena fights are just lame. Where are the cool setpieces moments?

I've been saving my Nano points almost the entire game so far because none of the suit mid-tier functions seem worth a damn beyond the initial four you can buy in each category. Hopefully the final expensive stuff is worth replacing what I have been equipping since the game started.

I'm hoping the second half of the game picks up, because the first half has been pure boredom.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Brandon F said:
Resurrection. I'm about halfway through after a long hiatus since I bought this in March.

So far, this has been one of the weakest FPS experiences I've played in a long time. The New York backdrop has not yet been put to good use in the 8 or nine levels I've seen. Objectives and 'tactical options' are mostly inane without any real sense of choice. Occasionally I'll witness some building collapse deep in the background, or a bridge tumble under my feet, but these constant arena fights are just lame. Where are the cool setpieces moments?

I've been saving my Nano points almost the entire game so far because none of the suit mid-tier functions seem worth a damn beyond the initial four you can buy in each category. Hopefully the final expensive stuff is worth replacing what I have been equipping since the game started.

I'm hoping the second half of the game picks up, because the first half has been pure boredom.
For upgrades make sure you get the Nano recharge, stealth enhance and mobility enhance. They really allow you to use the suit a lot more effectively and makes the game a lot more fun.

scitek

Brandon F said:

So far, this has been one of the weakest FPS experiences I've played in a long time.
It does pick up in the second half, but what consitutes an exciting FPS experience for you by comparison? Because I can't think of many FPSes it's "weaker" than.

Goldrush

Crunched said:
I verified through Steam and nothing was wrong, but the whole thing is still all fucked up. I spent like fifteen minutes trying to go the opposite direction, and found a room full of soldiers who just kept walking back and forth or in circles. They wouldn't shoot at me.

I eventually went back to the limbo island and found a new configuration of floating furniture.

God is the monolith is dead

I deleted all the game files and reinstalled.

OH MY FUCK IT'S EVEN WORSE

I start now floating on nothing, with a car in front of me.

I look around for the wasteland and notice that objects are leaving ghost trails all over my screen.

That is, until I find my way back to the wasteland. The ghosting disappears, but now my entire screen shudders with every step I take.

But now there's an objective!

... With no way to complete it.

Exploring the island, I discover another floating dead zone adrift in space. I use my binoculars to get a closer look.

Tactical options?! I decide to investigate.

Crysis 2, fuck you.

I am not the first one to be trapped here, it seems.

Try the absolutely lowest setting and see if it do anything.

Red

blazinglazers said:
Sweet jesus, doesn't it scare you? Working with evil forces?

Neuromancer said:
This is amazing, haha

(Sorry)

Goldrush said:
Try the absolutely lowest setting and see if it do anything.

I had to restart from the level before this. I tried loading earlier saves and they were still all corrupted, but beginning the level from the end of the one prior actually worked. So I'm out of limbo. I've got some uncompressed video of the glitch from fraps that I'll try to upload. It was more frustrating than anything, because I really didn't want to start the level over from the start, but had no choice in the end. Almost all the music dropped out. Only the sound of wind remained. I couldn't progress, even working my way through invisible walls because objectives wouldn't appear. There were some spots where I was flying through the air, Alcatraz behaved like he was swimming but there was no water. And whenever I touched an object, it started roaring at me and tried to fly off into the distance.

It was the weirdest thing.

Calcaneus

Man, I'm really enjoying this game, both Single and Multiplayer. It may be because I haven't played an FPS in a LONG time, but it feels and looks great and hearing that it only gets better later on is getting me excited.

Red

I really envy all of you who've had a good, solid experience with Crysis 2, because for every good thing about it it's taken ten minutes to kick me in the nuts. Seriously my playthrough could not be any worse.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Crunched said:
I really envy all of you who've had a good, solid experience with Crysis 2, because for every good thing about it it's taken ten minutes kicking me in the nuts. Seriously my playthrough could not be any worse.
That really sucks, man. Even though the thing you posted a page back is hilarious it definitely ruins the game and I can definitely see how it would really sully your opinion of it. It's a shame too, because the game is really great when you get into the flow of it.

Top Bottom