• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Chrange

Banned
AwesomeSauce said:
I think they rather do the comparison just out of the box. I mean the 360 install is optional while to play the ps3 game you need to install to play. They go through it as if you just got the game and put it in the system and start and give no advantages to the other system so they can be fair and not give one the advantage or something.

So they're "being fair" by ignoring it since only the 360 has the option? That's a strange sense of fair play lol

Like I said, just make it a third option so people can see whether or not it's worth installing.

Afrikan

people keep talking about textures, slow loading textures, AF, resolution and other stuff... but to me I want to know more about that sun effect that is in the sky here....that causes God Rays...and I've seen it in other pics where the PS3 version looks closer to the PC version. I keep forgetting what effect that is called. I don't know if the retail version looks similar or equal, but I would think that this would need some important processing from a system.

here is the youtube video it is from...
gamespot1.png

CozMick

Banned
So now that it's been proven that there ain't a definitive console version of Crysis 2 can we please get some maxed out 1080p+ shots of the PC version?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
CozMick said:
So now that it's been proven that there ain't a definitive console version of Crysis 2 can we please get some maxed out 1080p+ shots of the PC version?
I know it, let the real game come through on our crappy screens!

sleepykyo

Afrikan said:
people keep talking about textures, slow loading textures, AF, resolution and other stuff... but to me I want to know more about that sun effect that is in the sky here....that causes God Rays...and I've seen it in other pics where the PS3 version looks closer to the PC version. I keep forgetting what effect that is called. I don't know if the retail version looks similar or equal, but I would think that this would need some important processing from a system.

gamespot1.png

Those are from the demo, right? The 360 version was a really old build, while the PS3 build was supposed to be fairly close to the retail build.

As far the screenshots go, I'm sure it's a technical marvel but that PS3 is pretty blurry and that's before even considering the frame rate.

kitch9

Banned
Man said:
People have ridiculous high hopes for the SP portion to transcend technically for some reason.
I think this will be a really fun game but what you saw in the MP demo is what you will get more or less.

I take it you never played Warhead?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Those screen are as close you will get to a good representation of how each looks. I'm sure what people are playing now is not an old build on any platform.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ghostmind said:
So this is the new standard for OT's is it?

*sigh*

My Homefront OT says hello.

Going to rent this tomorrow to check out campaign. I wasn't too excited after playing the multiplayer demo, but we'll see what it is like.

Afrikan

sleepykyo said:
Those are from the demo, right? The 360 version was a really old build, while the PS3 build was supposed to be fairly close to the retail build.

As far the screenshots go, I'm sure it's a technical marvel but that PS3 is pretty blurry and that's before even considering the frame rate.

didn't the 360 get an updated demo build, after the initial one?

what is so blurry about the PS3 version compared to the rest, in that screen shot comparison?

see5harp

Afrikan said:
didn't the 360 get an updated demo build, after the initial one?

what is so blurry about the PS3 version compared to the rest, in that screen shot comparison?

There is a small resolution difference that has been very obvious in every screenshot/video posted thus far. It probably won't be noticeable in normal viewing distances unless you play on a monitor 3 feet from your face.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
When exactly is the PC digital download version out. Steam seems to say the 25th?

kitch9

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Yeah, my eyes are really bleeding...

crysis%202011-02-02%2020-32-34-63.jpg

crysis%202011-02-02%2020-22-28-00.jpg

Why don't you follow the context of the conversation?

......... No need to cherry pick screenshots either.

Warhead MP looks shit compared to the SP.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Stallion Free said:
It says 17 hours to unlock for me.

It says:-

"Available: 25 March 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 3 hours."

What's that about?

cyberheater

kitch9 said:
UK release date.

Feck. So it's released tomorrow in the US. Why would they do that for a digital download.

EDIT: Is there anyway I can download the US version?

cyberheater said:
Feck. So it's released tomorrow in the US. Why would they do that for a digital download.

Well EA is the one who decides on that one, not steam.

EDIT: regarding getting the US version, maybe if you paypal someone in USA and then he gifts the game to you, but that's just a guess, I don't know if it will work (it should)

cyberheater

The Omega Man said:
Well EA is the one who decides on that one, not steam

It still makes no sense. I know traditionally, games are released on a Friday in the UK but still...

kitch9

Banned
cyberheater said:

Something, something, retailer and marketing alignment.

Bullsh*t whatever it is...

Spookie

The Omega Man said:
EDIT: regarding getting the US version, maybe if you paypal someone in USA and then he gifts the game to you, but that's just a guess, I don't know if it will work (it should)

It won't. You'll still be region locked by your IP.

Played about 5 hours. Game is pretty good. Graphics are one of top 2 best on consoles; not quite up to Killzone 3for me though. Music is very epic, feels almost like a Hans Zimmer score. Single-player is fun, a lot of different battle scenarios; even though the game is completely linear, the environments are incredibly wide-open. Checkpoints aren't very generous either. So far, story is whatever but it's keeping me interested. I'm wishy washy on MP. Not a lot of variety a lot with the weapons (been using same AR for a while now). Shot detection seems like bullshit to me a lot of the time. I don't know, I usually post a 2.0 k/d in Halo, CoD's but I can barely post a positive record in this. I'll keep with it because the maps are cool but the learning curve seems steep and a lot of my deaths just feel cheap.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gvaz said:
crysis2demo.exe_2011-0j8hh.jpg

I hope a mod comes in and decreases the size of the weapons, cause this shit's absurd.

Want a higher FOV (90) than the default (55 iirc)?

Okay!

crysis2demo.exe_2011-0r84t.jpg

Holy fuck this shit.
The FOV should be 75, not 90.

dionysus

Yaldog
schennmu said:
Wait, you don't hold your gun in front of your teeth in real life?

In real life the gun obscures 40% of your vision or more, and you wouldn't hit anything unless you looked down the sights.

I am not advocating for realism, just saying a large gun taking up a bunch of your screen is the realistic look, not the opposite.

I haven't been really following this thread in-depth, but is there confirmation on which version is running better (PS3 or 360) or is it pretty much dead-even (I'm talking about Single Player, I don't really care about MP).

CozMick

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I haven't been really following this thread in-depth, but is there confirmation on which version is running better (PS3 or 360) or is it pretty much dead-even (I'm talking about Single Player, I don't really care about MP).

You'll get contrasting stories from different people.

Personally (from video and screenshots only) I see the 360 has the higher resolution and possibly higher fps (MP only), but the PS3 has better lod. af, lighting and texture loading.

nib95

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Difficult to say. 360 version is slightly sharper due to increased resolution, but PS3 version has better graphical effects (AF, illumination/lighting, lod etc). No idea about frame rate differences yet, since no one has compared. But my guess is the 360 version will have a slightly better frame rate. But that's just a guess.

I would say however, visually, the PS3 version looks closer to the PC version in terms of actual lighting and draw distance. Obviously neither is near as sharp, though the 360 version is sharper. Still not completely 720p tack sharp mind.

Rad-

DevelopmentArrested said:
Played about 5 hours. Game is pretty good. Graphics are one of top 2 best on consoles; not quite up to Killzone 3for me though. Music is very epic, feels almost like a Hans Zimmer score. Single-player is fun, a lot of different battle scenarios; even though the game is completely linear, the environments are incredibly wide-open. Checkpoints aren't very generous either. So far, story is whatever but it's keeping me interested. I'm wishy washy on MP. Not a lot of variety a lot with the weapons (been using same AR for a while now). Shot detection seems like bullshit to me a lot of the time. I don't know, I usually post a 2.0 k/d in Halo, CoD's but I can barely post a positive record in this. I'll keep with it because the maps are cool but the learning curve seems steep and a lot of my deaths just feel cheap.

So I guess they haven't fixed that from the demo? It had one of the worst hit detections I have ever seen in a game.

dionysus said:
In real life the gun obscures 40% of your vision or more, and you wouldn't hit anything unless you looked down the sights.

I am not advocating for realism, just saying a large gun taking up a bunch of your screen is the realistic look, not the opposite

My point is that you don't hold your gun so close to your fucking face! Or maybe it's just a gigantic handgun.

scently

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Just wait for DF analysis, do not pay attention to other bullshit being posted in this thread.

LEGGZZZZ

I'd stick with the multiplayer a little bit more before dismissing it. I felt the same way, but once I mastered the suit l\I lost track of how much time I put into the MP demo. Also Hans Zimmer did score for the game.

Played about 5 hours. Game is pretty good. Graphics are one of top 2 best on consoles; not quite up to Killzone 3for me though. Music is very epic, feels almost like a Hans Zimmer score. Single-player is fun, a lot of different battle scenarios; even though the game is completely linear, the environments are incredibly wide-open. Checkpoints aren't very generous either. So far, story is whatever but it's keeping me interested.
How is the enemy AI? Do you think there's any replayability to it? Does it seem that scenarios are tailored to be beat by one specific power, or do you always have the ability to use say, stealth? I guess I'm wondering whether the game provides you with an enemy setup and truly lets you choose how to advance, or if its more "puzzle" in nature, needing you to figure out the one thing you're supposed to do.

How would you compare it to something like Black Ops or the Killzone campaign?

Sorry for the million questions, but my interest is piqued and I don't want to get let down by another half-assed shooter campaign. Most reviewers are impressed with the shiny and almost never discuss replayability or honest to god reactive AI.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
schennmu said:
My point is that you don't hold your gun so close to your fucking face! Or maybe it's just a gigantic handgun.

You don't hold is so close to your face, but it is in your line of sight.

_tetsuo_ said:
You don't hold is so close to your face, but it is in your line of sight.

Yep, it looks like the camera is mounted to Alcatraz fist. Not sure if this is desirable. Especially with the great FOV Crysis 1 had.

Trade in Homefront and picking this up. I should of listened to my gut and waited for this game. Can't wait for tomorrow. Anyone one 360 wana play some multi matches? MattyIce1982 is my gamertag.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I guess I had this preordered from a while ago and I forgot about it. I was still going to pick it up tomorrow but I guess I can save $5 so with gift cards I'll only be paying about $5 of my own money. Whoo!

TUROK

-SD- said:
PS3 has higher quality distance texture filtering. Check out the zebra crossing section to the right, for example.
AF vs trilinear filtering, it seems.

Also, either the PS3 version is missing SSAO, or its implementation is prone to glitches. Look at the bottom of the concrete barrier with the red stripes and the yellow stretcher. No contact shadows.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The Lens of Truth comparisons are fairly retarded. I dont put it past these guys to put a 360 image of a lighting effect not active or a texture not fully loaded and then compare it to the ps3 version where it is active and loaded. They do this constantly for some reason on 360 compares. To anyone that doesnt know any better they think the 360 looks like crap.

Tigel

That's funny because, actually, Hans Zimmer IS the composer :p
Edit: Sorry, can't bold the relevant part. My phone is stupid...

scently said:
Just wait for DF analysis, do not pay attention to other bullshit being posted in this thread.

This. Do not be shocked if the DF analysis reveals something very different than what some of the people in this thread are saying (and really, really want to believe, by the sound of it).

This is perhaps the only game for which I'll ever dip -- a console version at the start, and the PC version down the road.

Dilemma

SapientWolf said:
The FOV should be 75, not 90.

Serious question: why? Does it have to do with the aspect ratio? It appears to me that the bigger the FOV, the more you see on screen and the more advantageous you are in a multiplayer setting.

Top Bottom