• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Fox Mulder

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Will reviews be posted tonight around midnight?

Still waiting. Want to read some reviews.

yeah, pretty shitty how this is apparently embargoed until after release. I hate being reminded how ridiculous the industry is sometimes.

Igor Antunov said:
We can't do legit pc screens until directx 11 patch comes out.
You guys act as if this patch is going to make the game look 10x more incredible than it already does. Why? Do you honestly think Crytek and EA are going to invest so much time and money into a free patch?

X-Frame

So the PS3 version is looking good afterall .. who knew?

What was the point in releasing the PS3 demo anyway then if all it did was produce negative press?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
X-Frame said:

What was the point in releasing the PS3 demo anyway then if all it did was produce negative press?
That negative press was exactly why they removed the demo.

sleepykyo

X-Frame said:

Uhm, most people in the PS3 demo thread thought it looked good too, until they actually got in a game. That arguably miniscule difference in image quality looks considerably worse in sub30fps motion.

And as most people have stated, just wait for Digital Foundry or ps360 to do some performance testing.

dLMN8R

Dilemma said:
Serious question: why? Does it have to do with the aspect ratio? It appears to me that the bigger the FOV, the more you see on screen and the more advantageous you are in a multiplayer setting.
It might be the same as Bad Company 2, where the FOV was vertical FOV instead of horizontal FOV. You can use this to figure out the difference:

http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php

100 degree horizontal FOV = 74 degree vertical FOV at 1920x1200, for example.

X-Frame

sleepykyo said:
Uhm, most people in the PS3 demo thread thought it looked good too, until they actually got in a game. That arguably miniscule difference in image quality looks considerably worse in sub30fps motion.

And as most people have stated, just wait for Digital Foundry or ps360 to do some performance testing.

You mean until the PS3 Demo users actually bought the full game, or downloaded the demo?

If you are a ps3 only user, I doubt you will have to worry too much, it looks to play and look alright. If you want the best version then obviously PC or wait for more detailed analysis.

crysis2_helicopteranem.gif

X-Frame said:

They shoulda put up an SP demo... that they didn't was just stupid.

Du2andal

Banned
Has anyone seen pc performance numbers versus the original? My computer ran the original pretty smoothly on high but that was sooo long ago.

S1kkZ

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
They shoulda put up an SP demo... that they didn't was just stupid.
its not that easy. doing a good sp demo (on 3 plattforms) takes time. time that is missing when finishing/polishing the final version.

Gvaz

Banned
schennmu said:
My point is that you don't hold your gun so close to your fucking face! Or maybe it's just a gigantic handgun.
The guns are large because it makes it easier to identify what you're using from 8+ feet (such as from a couch)

From what we know now, it is running lower res on PS3.

Some object do not have shadows in PS3 version.

For final results I need to see side by side performance numbers.

As for PC, it will get DX11, sandbox editor, HD, normal antialiasing, better and crisp 3D, Free SDK and tons of mods in future.

DieH@rd

Banned
Du2andal said:
Has anyone seen pc performance numbers versus the original? My computer ran the original pretty smoothly on high but that was sooo long ago.

C2 will work better on your PC. Trust me.

Can someone link me to the Crysis 2 gameplay video that had the collapsing building at the end? Where your squad was also debating whether or not to wait for the stranded citizens? Thanks.

shinnn

how LoT can get those images

2dkabkn.jpg

se9892.jpg

the sun comes from different position in each version? but the videos on youtube shows the same

2ro2t04.jpg

35a7kn9.jpg

caps from those videos: PS3 - X360

A.R.K

Any word on the retail version frame rate for PS3? The still images look close enough and some times better than 360. But I need to know how it runs before I get this.

Where are the reviews?

bj00rn_

Banned
-SD- said:
PS3 has higher quality distance texture filtering. Check out the zebra crossing section to the right, for example.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if a single simple block of white in a screenshot is smudgy, but nothing else clearly is, even a road marking right there beside it with even more detail in it which actually is not smudgy at all, then it's not about "distance texture filtering"/AF. Maybe there is lesser quality AF in the 360 version, who knows, who cares, no big deal. But come on..

I think nib has once again gone back to his old ways and started waving his magic subtle-stick around blinding people with his "etc. etc." one-point trend-generator shit. Don't get suckered into it.

Tom Penny

scoobs said:
Guess I don't see how the 360 version is any better than the ps3 version at this point

Only review really out there. Gamereactor Sweden or some shit

Although the resolution that the game is rendered in to Sony's console is less than the Xbox 360 (1024x720 for the Playstation 3). Should be said however that the difference between Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 is not enormous, and certainly not as critical / alarming as in the cases Bayonetta and Ghostbusters. Do, however, both consoles, I recommend absolutely Xbox 360 game in PlayStation 3 diton.

Klocker

I also think what is lost in comparison to other games in MP is just how freaking fast you can motivate through the environment... I mean running you just cruise and add jumping and climbing and this shit renders the game moving. FAST.

JB1981

Klocker said:
I also think what is lost in comparison to other games in MP is just how freaking fast you can motivate through the environment... I mean running you just cruise and add jumping and climbing and this shit renders the game moving. FAST.

yep i love how smoothly you are able to traverse the environment.

RedSwirl

Kibbles said:
Ah there's the Crysis I know, sort of. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go7bLtjmL6A&fmt=HD

I'll be renting just to play the Campaign on hardest difficulty, should be a great rental.

These beta videos (if that's what that is) have done at lot more to make me consider buying Crysis 2 than any of the game's official promotion. That level may not look very big by Crysis standards, but it at least honors the "open approach" set the first game apart and should set this apart from other console shooters. I also think it looks excellent on 360. Graphics-wise I at least expect the console versions to look better than other games on their respective platforms.

Gvaz

Banned
CozMick said:
It's all speculation or personal opinion.
No, it clearly has better lighting (Sun Rays/God Rays, shadowing, lighting) and AF. Even if all things are the same, those are implemented features. However the tradeoff is that it's at the "stage 1" HD resolution of 720 and the 360 doesn't have those features and is at 1080. I don't know what the frame rate is like.

Either way, if you're wanting to know which one is the better one technologically wise, that'd be the PS3. If you're wanting one that displays natively at 1080, then that'd be the 360. It's up to you which of these is more important.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gvaz said:
No, it clearly has better lighting (Sun Rays/God Rays, shadowing, lighting) and AF. Even if all things are the same, those are implemented features. However the tradeoff is that it's at the "stage 1" HD resolution of 720 and the 360 doesn't have those features and is at 1080. I don't know what the frame rate is like.

Either way, if you're wanting to know which one is the better one technologically wise, that'd be the PS3. If you're wanting one that displays natively at 1080, then that'd be the 360. It's up to you which of these is more important.
The 360 version doesn't display natively at 1080p. It upscales from 1152x720.

Top Bottom