• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Can the Titan tame this beast?
After AMD got their driver support in order I could run the beta at 1080p with a locked 60 fps with up to 4xMSAA, even on Museum crashsite. 8x nearly halved my framerate, but there was no noticeable difference between the two anyway.

I'm going with the assumption that SP will be more demanding in certain areas, but I think people with decent Crossfire/SLI setups should be fine.

Hype! I'll be doing comparison videos to help the GAF community out on which settings to choose, and I'll do a fps comparison of each setting too. Will this game have a PC performance thread?

Metal-Geo

How is the music? I remember the score for Crysis 2 being pretty damn good.

Hans Zimmer even did the theme.
No Hans Zimmer theme this time, unfortunately. Although the new theme isn't quite bad at all, it doesn't come near the recognizable and catchy theme of the Zimmer himself.

The main composer of Crysis 2, Borislav Slavov, is back again. Bringing with him some remixed Crysis 2 music, if the 7 wonders episodes are anything to learn from.

Toa TAK

Banned
No Hans Zimmer theme this time, unfortunately. Although the new theme isn't quite bad at all, it doesn't come near the recognizable and catchy theme of the Zimmer himself.

The main composer of Crysis 2, Borislav Slavov, is back again. Bringing with him some remixed Crysis 2 music, if the 7 wonders episodes are anything to learn from.

So far, I'm liking a lot of what he's doing for Crysis 3. So I'm okay with this. "SOS New York" was probably his best song from Crysis 2.

That was a great interview. This guy seemed to really enjoy being Prophet. That's always nice to see, especially since he doesn't play games.

Metal-Geo

http://www.crydev.net/download/file.php?id=96464[/IM]
Rasch is in the game.
This game is gonna look amazing.[/QUOTE]
That's cool, albeit a bit predictable. [SPOILER] Crysis 2 ending ;)[/spoiler] Hopefully we'll still get to hear some Hargreave clips. I friggin' loved that old emotionless son of a bitch's voice. And hopefully no Gould!

The Hermit

file.php

Rasch is in the game.
This game is gonna look amazing.

damn... this game

I have to finish 1 and 2 before though

I'm pretty pumped about this game right now. Yes, Dennis, art direction blah blah. I know you'll be posting the shit out of images once this puppy comes out, even if its toadally mundane shit. Eat your heart out Far Cry 3.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The MP Beta ran really well for me, probably thanks to those Nvidia beta drivers.

I think the beta still had some performance bugs. I went from 720p to 1080p on some decrepit 5850s without any performance drop and at that point I just stopped caring. Haven't had that much fun since Unreal 2k4.

Ghost23

I just want to play the Crysis 1 copy that came with my preorder. Is there not a way to confirm my order so I can't cancel my preorder but can download the preorder incentive?

Ghost23

Why don't you just buy Crysis 1 instead of trying to scam the system, if that's all you want?

How am I scamming the system? I enjoyed the Crysis 3 beta, so I decided to preorder it. I preordered it on Origin because it came with the first game, so I thought I would enjoy that until this game came out, but for some reason, I have to wait until the game releases before I can play Crysis 1. Totally defeats the purpose since I'm obviously going to play Crysis 3 when it comes out.

How am I scamming the system? I enjoyed the Crysis 3 beta, so I decided to preorder it. I preordered it on Origin because it came with the first game, so I thought I would enjoy that until this game came out, but for some reason, I have to wait until the game releases before I can play Crysis 1. Totally defeats the purpose since I'm obviously going to play Crysis 3 when it comes out.

Oh I see, I'm sorry, I thought you were saying you wanted the preorder incentive but didn't want Crysis 3 so you were trying something sneaky. My bad!

Gbraga

How long it usually takes for Origin games to have a price drop? I don't have the urge to play it day one, but if I'm gonna have to pay full price anyway, might as well just get it now so I can play it as soon as I feel like it.

LCGeek

formerly sane
How long it usually takes for Origin games to have a price drop? I don't have the urge to play it day one, but if I'm gonna have to pay full price anyway, might as well just get it now so I can play it as soon as I feel like it.

A few months I got C2 for 20 bucks during one of their sales. Since crytek didn't add certain things in that should be no brainer they can get my money on sale instead of at launch or full price a few months down the road.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I laughed out loud.

Wait, so we can presumably play it after preload by simply setting system time to release date? Whoa.

Dead Space 3 is the only one that has worked on. Previously, you needed to use a proxy in the region the game was released in.

scitek

I think they nailed the voices of the main characters for the most part in this franchise, and I was just thinking about how that was also something Vigil was great at doing, and now they own them.

Thanks. I played C2 but couldn't remember shit apart from Nanosuit, Alcatraz, Prophet.

So guys, how's C1 Remastered on the 360? From the youtube gameplay stuff I watched, it looks excellent, as good as medium-high on PC.

As someone that's played through Crysis more than once on a pretty high-end PC, I was impressed with it on 360. It's worth your time.

Eideka

Banned
I think they nailed the voices of the main characters for the most part in this franchise, and I was just thinking about how that was also something Vigil was great at doing, and now they own them.
Agreed, Nomad's voice was perfect in C1.

As someone that's played through Crysis more than once on a pretty high-end PC, I was impressed with it on 360. It's worth your time.
I was underwhelmed by how it looked on 360...Subhd, terrible textures, overuse of bloom to mask them, awful draw distance, lack of high quality particles, unstable framerate.

scitek

I was underwhelmed by how it looked on 360...Subhd, terrible textures, overuse of bloom to mask them, awful draw distance, lack of high quality particles, unstable framerate.

You expected too much, then. It's not a bad way for someone to play the game if it's the only way they can.

Gbraga

I can deal with all that, but I want my Crysis 1 to have individual suit modes :C

Eideka

Banned
You expected too much, then. It's not a bad way for someone to play the game if it's the only way they can.

If you are left with no other choices then yes I suppose you can deal with all that but I'm not going to praise Crytek because "Crysis runs on consoles". Given how it does this is not really an achievement.

Top Bottom