• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

mclaren777

LiquidMetal14 said:
Can't believe you didn't strike on the Gamersgate 7.50 sale or EA Store 10 dollar sale. It will be on sale again but man you've them chances! I paid 17.50 for both Crysis and Warhead - Happy camper up in here.
I thought about it jumping on the GG sale but I'd prefer to keep everything connected to my Steam account.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
mclaren777 said:
I thought about it jumping on the GG sale but I'd prefer to keep everything connected to my Steam account.
I felt that way at first. Wore off real quick-like once I seen that Steam wasn't the only avenue for great sales :p I would rather have everything in 1 place but now I have stuff from Steam, GG, D2D, and the EA Store. I look at it like shopping in real stores which I tend to shop for the best deals anyways so I end up going to multiple places for games. It'l definitely be on sale again at some point though.

strata8

Played Fallout 3 and just noticed that the battle music sounds almost exactly the same as it does in Crysis. It even uses the same instruments.

ZZMitch

Just upgraded my graphics card (6950 2GB) and started this game again (was only about 40 minutes in before). It is really fun, but some issues kind of annoy me, such as some texture and object pop-ins. I heard going into DX9 fixes some issues? How do I go about this?

ZZMitch said:
Just upgraded my graphics card (6950 2GB) and started this game again (was only about 40 minutes in before). It is really fun, but some issues kind of annoy me, such as some texture and object pop-ins. I heard going into DX9 fixes some issues? How do I go about this?
Add -dx9 to the game's shortcut or on Steam launch options.

ZZMitch

Baller said:
Add -dx9 to the game's shortcut or on Steam launch options.

Ok thanks, but I released I actually had my object detail set to high instead of very high and it seems better now.

Game is amazing by the way.

mclaren777

It took many months of waiting but...

K6C9f.jpg

Gandie

So I picked up both C1 and Warhead up on Steam yesterday. Many people have suggested to mod the game to make it look/run/play better. I'm completely clueless on what to install, so if anyone could give me a rundown on the most popular/best mods, I'd really appreciate it.

LeadGandalf said:
So I picked up both C1 and Warhead up on Steam yesterday. Many people have suggested to mod the game to make it look/run/play better. I'm completely clueless on what to install, so if anyone could give me a rundown on the most popular/best mods, I'd really appreciate it.
Natural Mod + Textures Pack are essential.

With those on it looks better than C2 imo.

edit: you can also try the crazy particle effects mod if your rig can handle it.

Gandie

L0st Id3ntity said:

edit: you can also try the crazy particle effects mod if your rig can handle it.

Got a 2500k and a 1GB 460. It handled the Demo pretty well, it ran well on High-Very High with 4*AA.

I'll start with the Natural Mod + Textures Pack though, and see from there.

Edit: What Texture Pack do you recommend? I'm reading a lot of good things about "Rygels Textures Pack", is that one recommended?

LeadGandalf said:
Edit: What Texture Pack do you recommend? I'm reading a lot of good things about "Rygels Textures Pack", is that one recommended?
Yep.

Just go over to crymod and set the filter to "most downloaded", those are the best.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This is probably included in the mod packages mentioned above, but the HD foliage mod is a must have. It makes everything look so lush and crisp.

L0st Id3ntity said:

I really like Helder Pinto's config. It's not a mod, but it looks fantastic and you get a boost to the framerate (of course, I *needed* a boost because I'm only using a 5850).

Karram

LeadGandalf said:
Here is a thread about Crysis mods and tweaks.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417651

You'll have to Google the mods though since CryMod Download database is not up yet.

I bought Crysis/Warhead on Steam but am having a CD key problem. Seems it's a pretty widespread problem too.

What is the better game of the two? I haven't played any of either game yet.

Dacon

Banned
It's a damn shame I only had 2.49 in my account. I totally would have jumped on the steam sale.

I only ever got to play Crysis secondhand on medium. I hear Warhead runs MUCH better though. Whether or not that's true I've yet to learn firsthand. I really enjoyed the wealth of options present to the player when approaching pretty much any given scenario.

It's a very special kind of thrill to completely dump on a group of five soldiers and none of them ever managing to get off a good shot at you.

Dacon

Banned
Um sorry for the double post, but I need some help.

One of my friends was kind enough to gift the Crysis Maximum edition to me, so now I can play the game firsthand but I need some help optimizing it for maximum performance and maximum visuals.

These are the settings I'm currently using:

Textures: Very High
Objects:High
Shadows: High
Shaders: Very High
Volumetric Effects: Very High
Game Effects: High
Post Processing: Very High
Particles: High
Water: High
Sound: High
Motion Blur: High

I usually keep a pretty steady framerate but I get random framedrops, even when not a lots going on. If At all possible I'd like to keep my settings as close to that level of quality as I can.

This is the system I'm using:

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 840
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
4 Gigs of Memory

Any and all help is appreciated folks.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna be sad when Crysis ceases to be mindblowing.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just bought this today after playing C2 for the first time this week (See thread about Disappointing Sequels). Never played Crysis before but I got a question. Please don't heckle me.

I am using an Xbox 360 controller for reasons I won't go into here. In the options I can't see any possible way to custom config the controls via the Gamepad tab in the Options. Do I need to go through a cfg file and change it manually or is there an alternative way?

ib4 Use Mouse/kb combo.

NBtoaster

Gen X said:
Just bought this today after playing C2 for the first time this week (See thread about Disappointing Sequels). Never played Crysis before but I got a question. Please don't heckle me.

I am using an Xbox 360 controller for reasons I won't go into here. In the options I can't see any possible way to custom config the controls via the Gamepad tab in the Options. Do I need to go through a cfg file and change it manually or is there an alternative way?

ib4 Use Mouse/kb combo.

I don't think you can change it through what the game offers you (either through in game options or configs).

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
NBtoaster said:
I don't think you can change it through what the game offers you (either through in game options or configs).

Stink, the default pad controls are arse to say the least.

Hey guys, little help needed here.

I want to use the CCC 2.21 config for Crysis but my Windows 7 comp won't run it. Just says 'Error - something something referred to server'. Anyone else experience this?

Any other configs that you might recommend?

Dries

So I'm gonna buy a new PC to play this game (and The Witcher 2, among others), but I've been out of PC gaming for a couple years, so I've got no idea what kind of PC I need. I want to play this game with everything maxed and full AA. Can anyone kind of give me an idea what kind of system I should be aiming for?

Dries

Does anyone still visit this topic? I got a technical issue:

Dries said:
Well, it runs pretty great.. Anyway awesome game and what not, but sometimes when I sneak into bases EVERY enemy is standing still and doing nothing. It this supposed to be? :s

Dries said:
Here's a video of the problem (in low res): http://www.twitvid.com/LBPBF

See? Every enemy just..stands there. It's like this in every base. Also, my console looks like this: http://tinypic.com/r/10qi610/7 Doesn't look too good. Gonna try a reinstall now.

Curufinwe

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Steam Daily Deal. Maximum Savings

7.99 For Crysis
9.99 For Crysis Maximum Edition

I grabbed it for $10 rather than getting the 360 version it even though I knew my E6420 a 2.13 GHz was going to struggle. Once the weather cools down a little bit more I'll overclock it back up to 2.8 GHz and see if that helps.

Last night the frame rate was fluctuating between 30 and 70fps, (everything on Medium) but I don't think it was the fault of my 768 MB GTX 460 because I was displaying how much video memory was being used and it didn't get close to 768 MB. Being on Windows XP and only having 2 GB of RAM is probably not ideal, either.

I'm enjoying it so far. Tweaking the controls to get them just right on my keyboard and mouse is a lot of fun in itself.

SmokyDave

Gen X said:
Stink, the default pad controls are arse to say the least.
You can remap pad controls in PC Crysis. I can't remember exacty how it's done (some .cfg tweaking is needed) but a quick google should help you out. I'm on my phone or I'd do it for you. Look for 'Crysis Tweak Guide' or something similar.

NotTarts said:
Played Fallout 3 and just noticed that the battle music sounds almost exactly the same as it does in Crysis. It even uses the same instruments.
Old, but w/e: both games had soundtracks composed by Inon Zur. Some of the Fallout 3 and Crysis stuff sound very similar indeed. He also did Dragon Age and Fallout: New Vegas. :)

Curufinwe

Anyone have recommended settings for playing Crysis at 14400 x 900 with this setup?

Windows XP with 2 GB RAM
E6420 @ 2.13 GHZ (will overclock to 2.8 GHZ)
768 MB GTX 460

The optimal setup just set everything to Medium, but surely with 768 MB of video memory I could have Texture Quality on High without lowering the frame rate?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Curufinwe said:
Anyone have recommended settings for playing Crysis at 14400 x 900 with this setup?

Windows XP with 2 GB RAM
E6420 @ 2.13 GHZ (will overclock to 2.8 GHZ)
768 MB GTX 460

The optimal setup just set everything to Medium, but surely with 768 MB of video memory I could have Texture Quality on High without lowering the frame rate?

You should be able to get away with High using 2xaa, I'm sure that's what I used to run it in when I had a 460, and that was @ 1920x1200 but I can't remember if that was with a dual or quad cpu, either way at that res high should be fine.

Curufinwe

It must be super limited by my processor because when I tried putting a few things up to High the frame rate started regularly dipping into the 20s and even the teens. I can't lower the resolution below my monitor's native 1440 x 900 because all the options below that are not 16:10. So I've just set everything to Medium.

alterno69

Banned
I got this game last week for my newly upgraded pc and mmmm. It looks really average by now, what are some good mods i should install and how do i do it?

scitek

Started playing this again the other day. It's such a fucking fun game. I'm on Ascension now and waiting to refresh my memory on why I didn't like that mission much at all last time I played it. I want to check the console version out, too, just to see how it holds up. I might do that later.

Also, I threw a frog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB0qjNZwAOQ

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm doing another play through of the game myself. This time on the 360. I have to admit, the port is extremely impressive. I find it amazing that they were able to pull this game off with so few sacrifices on the consoles.

scitek

I'm doing another play through of the game myself. This time on the 360. I have to admit, the port is extremely impressive. I find it amazing that they were able to pull this game off with so few sacrifices on the consoles.

The speed's been nerfed, right? Other than that, it controls like Crysis 2?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The speed's been nerfed, right? Other than that, it controls like Crysis 2?
The speed is a bit different from the PC version, but it's much better than Crysis 2.

Basically, if you click the left stick to run, you'll move as quickly as the "speed mode" in the PC game (which drains energy). When your suit energy is drained, then, you'll continue to run but at a slower speed (akin to holding shift while in armor mode on the PC).

The rest of the controls are basically the same as Crysis 2. It's now easier to combine the various suit powers as a result of these changes and seems to work fairly well.

The performance on 360 is also surprisingly solid. It holds onto 30 fps a fairly significant portion of the time with drops occurring in some of the more demanding scenes (when the tanks show up in the village area of the second mission, for instance).

Curufinwe

I just got out of the aliens cave in the PC version yesterday. I have really enjoyed the game but for various reasons I always end up neglecting my PC games for weeks at a time, and Crysis is no exception.

I wish I could select cloak with a single key press, but other than that the gameplay experience has been great.

Top Bottom