• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just starting playing this and I'm having a noob issue. I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor, and I can't seem to find the right resolution to set it to. If I want to play fullscreen, which res would be my best option?

Red

Snuggler said:
Just starting playing this and I'm having a noob issue. I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor, and I can't seem to find the right resolution to set it to. If I want to play fullscreen, which res would be my best option?
1920x1080.

Zzoram

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
LOL

Well it runs rather nice at on low, it looks bleh, but hey it's the gameplay that's important (besides I'm sure I can strike a nice balance tinkering around with the full version).

Does anyone know if the Demo compared to the last patched version was horribly unoptimized, and thus what I get in the demo should be better in the retail version.

The game ran a bit better than the demo IIRC but not dramatically so.

Facism

a problem i have with crysis is that i have a vga monitor with native res of 1440x900, but can't 1440x900 in dx10 mode unless windowed. i get a list of 4:3 resolutions to choose from. using the width and height console commands ends up stretching my horizontally so i only see 1/3 of the screen. super annoying and happens with every game under dx10.

Red

Facism said:
a problem i have with crysis is that i have a vga monitor with native res of 1440x900, but can't 1440x900 in dx10 mode unless windowed. i get a list of 4:3 resolutions to choose from. using the width and height console commands ends up stretching my horizontally so i only see 1/3 of the screen. super annoying and happens with every game under dx10.
Try hitting alt+enter when inside the game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
finished the game last night. Enjoyed it a lot, but the ending is *really* abrupt and a bit strange.

Didn't like the aliens nearly as much as the Koreans. Spent ages on that bloody alien on the boat, ended up turning the difficulty down as I was just throwing everything at it and nothing seemed to work and I got bored.

Afterwards I should have gone onto HL2,but instead I restarted in delta difficulty and played through until the bit where the scientist gets frozen. I could just spend hours walking around those early island levels, crawling through the undergrowth. So good.

Corto

Snuggler said:

I'm having the exact same problem. How did you fix this if at all?

Crunched said:
There arrow can be tough to see, but you should be able to scroll down in the resolution list.

No. It doesn't appear on the list as one of the supported resolutions. I even tried to add to the launch options in Steam "-1920,1080,60" as you recommended to another poster but I get black bars on the side of the display, as the game screen doesn't fill the whole display area.

Update: herpety derpety Found the scroll rectangle that able me to scroll all the way to the bottom of the supported resolutions and lo and behold 1920x1080 was there just waiting for me to choose it! Crysis... here I come (came).

RedSwirl

Hey guys I just reinstalled this game after installing an HD 6850 into my computer and was wondering where I could find all the best tweaks and engine mods.

RedSwirl said:
Hey guys I just reinstalled this game after installing an HD 6850 into my computer and was wondering where I could find all the best tweaks and engine mods.
You are going to want to visit Crymod.

The following are using the new shaders written by Xzero, and Lamarr's nanosuit, no other alterations beyond resizing from 1080p

crysis64-2011-03-08-21-38-58-92.jpg

crysis64-2011-03-08-21-57-47-63.jpg

crysis64-2011-03-08-00-28-05-96.jpg

Crysis-2011-03-09-00-50-22-87.jpg

crysisr-2011-03-09-01-17-37-33.jpg

crysisr-2011-03-09-01-18-04-80.jpg

crysis-2011-03-09-01-19-15-71.jpg

crysis-2011-03-09-01-29-49-88.jpg

crysis-2011-03-09-01-33-58-02.jpg

With all the talk of Crysis 2 I went back to this today after visiting Crymod and pimped my game as much as I could and tried out a few custom maps.

I'm still blown away that I can get results like this on my hardware on Very High at my native resolution. It's still utterly mindblowing. Not to turn this into an anti-Crysis 2 post, but I honestly can't imagine that game having the dynamic feel that this does in terms of environments being destroyed, etc etc.

God I love it so much. Unfortunately a lot of the maps I tried sucked, but there were quite a few good ones that provided both a fun sand box and intense firefights.

MacAttack

Does anyone have a decent way to play this game with a gamepad (360 controller) besides the default in game support? Specifically looking to use prone somehow.

I tried a custom config I found on xpadder forums but it seemed a bit jenky.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Foliorum Viridum said:
God I love it so much. Unfortunately a lot of the maps I tried sucked, but there were quite a few good ones that provided both a fun sand box and intense firefights.
Would you mind listing some of the better maps you tried? I have been fucking around with my own Crysis config I built and I have been meaning to try some custom maps out, but was a bit overwhelmed by how many there are to sift through. I would super appreciate and you know I <3 you.

The one in that video is SmallVillage, and another good one I tried was Highway to Hell. Probably the two which provided the most interesting scenarios.

The others were recycled from the main game, ugly, boring or a combination of all three. I'll probably try some out again tomorrow, but like you said, I was just picking them at random.

Foliorum Viridum said:
With all the talk of Crysis 2 I went back to this today after visiting Crymod and pimped my game as much as I could and tried out a few custom maps.

I'm still blown away that I can get results like this on my hardware on Very High at my native resolution. It's still utterly mindblowing. Not to turn this into an anti-Crysis 2 post, but I honestly can't imagine that game having the dynamic feel that this does in terms of environments being destroyed, etc etc.

Amazing. And the graphical customization settings <3!!!

LovingSteam said:
Amazing. And the graphical customization settings <3!!!
Yup, after three years of waiting to play it in optimal settings, it's so good to bump everything up to max :) 8xAA drops my framerate into the teens, unfortunately, but 4x is fine for me!

Sh1ner

Foliorum Viridum said:

What map is that? I dont remember it and I have played Crysis a bunch of times.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Alright, you guys were right, this game is awesome. To my surprise, it didn't really click with me at first. I thought I was supposed to be a badass killing machine, but most of the time I just ran around like an idiot as the Koreans filled me full of lead. I was relying to much on the stealth ability, and using it incorrectly for the most part but once I got the hang of using the suit effectively, it was like a whole nother game. It's almost like stringing together combos, my favorite is to go invisible and sneak up to a guard, then activating maximum strength, grabbing him and throwing him off a cliff. It's so badass, I love it.

Of course it looks incredible too. I can't max out everything, but I'm able to pull off very high textures and everything else on high except for shadows and motion blur. It's usually right at 60fps but it occasionally drops down to 30fps for no apparent reason. It's weird because it's almost never runs around 40-50fps, just 30 and 60. Oh well, don't really give a shit.

Manp

Snuggler said:
Of course it looks incredible too. I can't max out everything, but I'm able to pull off very high textures and everything else on high except for shadows and motion blur. It's usually right at 60fps but it occasionally drops down to 30fps for no apparent reason. It's weird because it's almost never runs around 40-50fps, just 30 and 60. Oh well, don't really give a shit.

it's called vsync

:)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Manp said:
it's called vsync

:)

I'm a moran, that makes total sense since I was consistently in the 40's to 50's before I enabled it. I get a pass for being a noob, though. I think I actually prefer a capped frame rate, though, the constant fluctuation gets to me.

There is a command you can use to cap the framerate. Google should be able to lead you to it. Of course to cap it you would have to set it around whatever your low for fps is. For you that sounds like somewhere in between 30 and 40 fps.

MacAttack

MacAttack said:
Does anyone have a decent way to play this game with a gamepad (360 controller) besides the default in game support? Specifically looking to use prone somehow.

I tried a custom config I found on xpadder forums but it seemed a bit jenky.

Figured it out, the original gp settings were still being loaded even though I renamed the old file. Deleted the old file and now the controls work great, prone included! Id post the link but its on a password protected board at xpadder.com so I dont know if thats a TOS violation?

Also figured out why I was capped at 24 fps.

Also figured out why the game would bsod and only play sound on loading.

This game is just a pain in the ass but I cant wait to actually start playing the game again.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
LiquidMetal14 said:
Thanks, I will seemingly buy Warhead for that price. How is the DRM?

And does anyone else turn off blur in their settings? I'm not wimping out for performance but it bothers me.

No clue bro, I never bought from EA Store. I did get BurnOut Paradise Ultimate Box for free from the store through a British proxy (some amazing GAFfer, figured out how) and the game runs like it's console part, no problems, but my word is meh, hopefully someone else might answer it more better

LiquidMetal14

GraveRobberX said:
No clue bro, I never bought from EA Store. I did get BurnOut Paradise Ultimate Box for free from the store through a British proxy (some amazing GAFfer, figured out how) and the game runs like it's console part, no problems, but my word is meh, hopefully someone else might answer it more better
As long as I can DL it as many times as I want, I am happy. Not that I need to but I don't really care about the install limits on different machines. I will likely pull the trigger upon some more opinions so I hope someone can elaborate on this EA store and how it runs :)

MacAttack

Corky said:
24hz bugg?

I guess thats what they call it. I went into Nvidea inspector and set the refresh rate to higest available and that did the trick.

Its all good, now the only issue I have is changing the settings and when I go to save it locks up. Im not sweating it though I have all my settings squared away.

Maybe Im too sensitive because Im used to my comfy couch and consoles where I dont have to mess with configs for every game I want to play. Im learning to love it, just takes patience.

Mithos

Gold Member
MickeyKnox said:
The following are using the new shaders written by Xzero, and Lamarr's nanosuit, no other alterations beyond resizing from 1080p

crysis-2011-03-09-01-29-49-88.jpg

Camera needs fixing, it's focusing on the wrong targets/characters. ^^

mclaren777 said:
Are you referring to these shaders?

http://crymod.com/thread.php?postid=777883#post777883

I really wish there was a recognized 'best graphics' mod within the Crysis community. I know this sound stupid, but I'm slightly annoyed by the massive variety.
Yes, but you should hang on a little while beofre installing them, he's just finished he's about to release the newer version, the reason he dumped them when he did was because his gpu died and he didn't know when he was going to be able to get a new one to continue working on them.

mclaren777

I'm tired of waiting for another Crysis sale so I think I'm going to download the demo and play that a few times.

Does anybody know if mods work with the demo?

mclaren777

Xzero's shader pack and config settings work in the demo and they only cost me about 15fps (50fps down to 35fps) compared to the mixture of high/very high I was running before.

nJuZL.jpg

flsh

Banned
I just built a new rig with an HD 6950 crossfire setup. With one card I get 40-50 fps, and on 2 cards I get the same.
Also, on 2 cards fraps says 40-50 frames but the game stutters constantly (it doesn't on one card). I turned vsynch off and it helps immensely with stutter but there's still some. Is there any way to get crossfire to actually improve the fps? (other games get 50-100% fps boost).
I can play it on one card but I really want 60+ fps and vsynch.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Anyone know of any released or in progress mods that make the suit controls/energy use like Crysis 2? Nanosuit 2 in Crysis basically? Lacking that, is there at least a way to make double tap Q armor and double tap E stealth so that it's similar to 2 but with leaning possible? I don't like the double tap shortcuts they chose, except strength.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, guys, I just finished this for the first time. What are some nice top quality and sandboxy custom maps to play now? Going through the list of mods @ moddb isn't great.

LiquidMetal14

mclaren777 said:
I'm tired of waiting for another Crysis sale so I think I'm going to download the demo and play that a few times.

Does anybody know if mods work with the demo?
Can't believe you didn't strike on the Gamersgate 7.50 sale or EA Store 10 dollar sale. It will be on sale again but man you've them chances! I paid 17.50 for both Crysis and Warhead - Happy camper up in here.

Top Bottom