• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

Dead Man Typing said:
1600 MS points, eh? Games on Demand, eh? I'm not falling for that again. It may be 1600 points in the U.S, but it'll be 1840 MS points on the UK marketplace, just like RE4 and Code Veronica.

I hope developers start mentioning this in press releases if they're going to be pricing these Games on Demand only titles differently in international markets.

So our points not only cost more but we also have to spend more points to get the game? double whammy!

Daigoro

SalsaShark said:
I'd say its work 20 bucks, and it was only a joke in the sense that i wasnt expecting people to take me seriously and find out for themselves. As with any game there's different judgements out there. I personally didnt enjoy the last half (or, fine, las third if you guys wanna call it that :p) at all, but you might have a different experience.

i see, thanks for clearing that up.

thanks to others who replied as well. i assumed it would probably be worth $20 as well, but i wouldnt want to buy a game (even for 20) and get tired of it half way through.

Rainy Dog

Looking forward to finally playing this. Not hugely optimistic for the PS3 version, however. Cautiously hoping for :-

No forced, default 1080p upscaling. Crysis 2 looked and ran better when forced to 720p, less blurry and slightly more consistent framerate. But is an annoyance to have to change the PS3/XMB display settings to do this.

No horizontal stretching of the image. Even if it does run at a slightly less horizontal resolution again, please don't just stretch the pixels. It looks naff.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
xbhaskarx said:
Wait so it's not XBLA after all?

Way too big.

Even if there is some cut content, it'll probably be the same size as many retail games. Unless Crytech are wizards, it'll be around 5GB or more.

Troidal

When it's available I'll probably ask again but, I'd like to know if they're going to put this on Japan or Hong Kong or Taiwan. Games On Demand w/region coding really blows :(

Given that this is new to a lot of gamers, people have to be careful of spoilers in this thread. I have never played the later levels, so can we go easy on screenshots and reveal?

Metal-Geo

daviyoung said:
Its predecessor? Far Cry?
Far Cry really had the problem of 'first half awesome, second half shite'. Not sure why so many people have the second half of Crysis. I really thought it varied the gameplay a little. Took you away from the jungle for once as well. If anything, the second half prevented the game from becoming stale and boring for me.

*shrugs*

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Zenith said:
I loved Ascension.
It wasn't the most enjoyable level, but it really nailed the sense of scale and panic going on around you and was a neat way of capping off the action before the big climax.

T-0800

Any word on how this runs on PS3? Not interested if it is anything like Crysis 2 in the framerate department.

T-0800

Rainy Dog said:
Looking forward to finally playing this. Not hugely optimistic for the PS3 version, however. Cautiously hoping for :-

No forced, default 1080p upscaling. Crysis 2 looked and ran better when forced to 720p, less blurry and slightly more consistent framerate. But is an annoyance to have to change the PS3/XMB display settings to do this.No horizontal stretching of the image. Even if it does run at a slightly less horizontal resolution again, please don't just stretch the pixels. It looks naff.

Was that ever confirmed to be true?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
why would they pull out a level! what the hell!

watching on youtube now. geez, just make it really easy, if nothing else. as far as setting the mood it looks incredible.

eshwaaz

Very excited for this. Crysis and Rage on the same day? **Faints**
I really hope Crytek didn't remove quicksave from the console version for some stupid reason. Every video I've watched of Crysis makes it look like experimenting is half the fun.

Dead Man Typing said:
1600 MS points, eh? Games on Demand, eh? I'm not falling for that again. It may be 1600 points in the U.S, but it'll be 1840 MS points on the UK marketplace, just like RE4 and Code Veronica.

I hope developers start mentioning this in press releases if they're going to be pricing these Games on Demand only titles differently in international markets.

Just checked this out and im not particularly impressed by it. Especially as that makes it more expensive than just using card (by my estimations 1840 MS pts is £15.64).

Good thing I only buy cheap points.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really didn't mind the second half of the game. I enjoy when pacing changes up a bit and thought it was a nice twist. It certainly isn't as well designed as the first half of the game, but it was still enjoyable to play through.

I enjoyed the 2nd half of Crysis, it helped keep things fresh. It was getting fairly boring fighting them Koreans over and over again basically the same way. Also thought the 2nd half had some very cool cinematic moments.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So they took the Bioware approach and instead of improving things that worked poorly in the original (Ascension) they just cut them out entirely?

Really disappointing.

Also, where is my achievement list?

Gwanatu T

rance said:
Damn, that just sold me on this game. Possibly Crysis 2 as well.

Good choice, however avoid Crysis 2 like the plague. The game is garbage, period, I really don't care what anyone else might say. All the Crysis fanboys I know, including myself, despise the game because they took everything that made Crysis, well, Crysis, and either removed it or ruined it. The only positive things I can say about Crysis 2 are that they added some nice movement/nano suit additions, and the upgrade in graphics are great. Now I just need some kind of Crysis/Warhead remake in Cryengine 3.

Metal-Geo said:
Far Cry really had the problem of 'first half awesome, second half shite'. Not sure why so many people have the second half of Crysis. I really thought it varied the gameplay a little. Took you away from the jungle for once as well. If anything, the second half prevented the game from becoming stale and boring for me.

*shrugs*

Yep, can definitely agree with that. I never actually finished Farcry. Once I got to the
crazy monkey mutant things
I stopped playing. Farcry on Xbox, however, was masterful, and is how the original should have been.

Zenith said:
I loved Ascension.

I did too, didn't realize it was a "universally" hated level.

kyubajin

I'll finally be able to try this second coming of Christ according to PC gamers. Let's see if the wait was worth it.

mbmonk

First half of the game was my favorite. I would replay that section over and over and over. So amazing. The second half sucked in comparison, but it's still solid. Some of the graphical eye candy in the second half blew me away at the time.

Rainy Dog

T-0800 said:
Was that ever confirmed to be true?

Yup. Crysis 2 on PS3 upscaled to 1080p by default which blurred the image even more than the sub-HD horizontal native resolution and AA method already did. Looks slightly crisper if you change your PS3 settings to output a maximum of 720p so the game also runs at that. At least if your telly has an even halfway decent scaler.

mbmonk

kyubajin said:
I'll finally be able to try this second coming of Christ according to PC gamers. Let's see if the wait was worth it.

I think you will enjoy it.

Don't be afraid to play around with the difficulty settings. On the easiest setting you can play it like the predator and just toy with the AI. Be very inventive on how you kill them. On the hardest level of difficulty it because a much more realistic game. You have have to take cover and use caution.

Regardless... GREAT GAME!

Stallion Free said:
So they took the Bioware approach and instead of improving things that worked poorly in the original (Ascension) they just cut them out entirely?

Really disappointing.

Also, where is my achievement list?

Sounds more like what a film editor would do to improve the flow based around the materials on hand.

eshwaaz

Gwanatu T said:
Good choice, however avoid Crysis 2 like the plague. The game is garbage, period, I really don't care what anyone else might say. All the Crysis fanboys I know, including myself, despise the game because they took everything that made Crysis, well, Crysis, and either removed it or ruined it. The only positive things I can say about Crysis 2 are that they added some nice movement/nano suit additions, and the upgrade in graphics are great. Now I just need some kind of Crysis/Warhead remake in Cryengine 3.
I'm very interested to see if I retroactively agree with you. I didn't play Crysis 1 before 2, so I had no experience with/expectations for what a Crysis game should be. I found Crysis 2 an enjoyable FPS - nothing spectacular or revolutionary, but fun. If Crysis 1 ends up making me look down my nose at the sequel, I could definitely live with that!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Gwanatu T said:
Good choice, however avoid Crysis 2 like the plague. The game is garbage, period, I really don't care what anyone else might say. All the Crysis fanboys I know, including myself, despise the game because they took everything that made Crysis, well, Crysis, and either removed it or ruined it. The only positive things I can say about Crysis 2 are that they added some nice movement/nano suit additions, and the upgrade in graphics are great. Now I just need some kind of Crysis/Warhead remake in Cryengine 3
Man, I couldn't disagree more. The original Crysis is one of my favorite FPS games, but I absolutely loved Crysis 2 as well. They are very different, but both offer open ended yet linear experiences that are incredibly engaging.

Crysis 1 is definitely the better game, but I don't think anyone should write off Crysis 2 so quickly as it is entirely possible to love them both.

abracadaver

Ive already bought points for cheap on ebay. Is there an achievement list yet ?

Can you destroy all the trees in the game ?

My playthrough of the ship was probably enhanced by the fact that I ran out of bullets early on and decided to play the rest of it by stealthing, grabbing aliens, and punching them.

Top Bottom