• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

Asparagus

Metal-Geo said:
Far Cry really had the problem of 'first half awesome, second half shite'. Not sure why so many people have the second half of Crysis. I really thought it varied the gameplay a little. Took you away from the jungle for once as well. If anything, the second half prevented the game from becoming stale and boring for me.

*shrugs*

Exactly, unlike Far Cry Crysis was great to play from start to finish and unlike Far Cry (which was 10 hours too long) it was perfect in length.

I actually avoided playing Crysis for a long time due to Far Cry.

Kibbles

IOnEI Falcon said:
So no achievements right since it is Games on Demand?
I think the achievements were leaked already in the last thread, one of them was "Can it run Crysis?" again I'm sure.

Snuggler said:
Way too big.

Even if there is some cut content, it'll probably be the same size as many retail games. Unless Crytech are wizards, it'll be around 5GB or more.

Wait, so will it cost me $19.99 plus my states sales tax? Or will me buying 1600 MS points simply get me the game?

No way am I letting MS use my credit card again.... and I really don't want to buy $50 worth of MS points for Crysis and RE4.

*thread hijack* Sorry, just confused.

Duallusion

Is this going to be region-locked like (some?) other X360 GOD titles? I have a UK account but don't live there and every time I tried to buy a game on demand, I couldn't. I seeeeeriously hope this won't be the case this time...

KageMaru

Can't wait for this. I can currently play crysis on my laptop with settings mixed between low-very high, but I'll just wait until this is released.

Red

Has it been revealed if environments can still be destroyed? In the trailer, it didn't seem like trees were breaking. I'm curious if houses still collapse.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sleep Arrest said:
Wait, so will it cost me $19.99 plus my states sales tax? Or will me buying 1600 MS points simply get me the game?

No way am I letting MS use my credit card again.... and I really don't want to buy $50 worth of MS points for Crysis and RE4.

*thread hijack* Sorry, just confused.

As far as I know, GoD titles can be bought with or without Microsauce points. It's the same as buying an XBLA game, only you have the option to pay without using MS points if you choose to do so. No need to give them any CC info.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kinda confusing quote. For it to be "factual", it would have to be based on "technical specifications", not preference or taste or whatever. It's probably just a translation thing, though.

Too bad they won't be releasing the remake on PC. I'd consider paying $20 for it even though I own old Crysis. I might check it out on PS3 but it won't be the same without kb/m controls.

Snuggler said:
Kinda confusing quote. For it to be "factual", it would have to be based on "technical specifications", not preference or taste or whatever. It's probably just a translation thing, though.

Too bad they won't be releasing the remake on PC. I'd consider paying $20 for it even though I own old Crysis. I might check it out on PS3 but it won't be the same without kb/m controls.

Have they ruled out KB/M for ps3? Could still happen!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Have they ruled out KB/M for ps3? Could still happen!

It won't. If they really wanted to go the extra mile, they would add Move support, but no sign of that either.

It'll probably play good with a pad, though, it's just a matter of preference for me.

amdnv

Zenith said:
I loved Ascension.
Same. After you're done with the shooting, you have to fly to the aircraft carrier IIRC. That gives you a chance to freeroam the island from the air at dawn. Very atmospheric.

But I loved the entire 2nd half of the game. The
alien space ship
(soooo awesome), fighting off
a gigantic alien
together with allies, surviving the
aircraft carrier attack
. Awesome pacing and many great set pieces.

DarkChild

Banned
Kibbles said:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1073013/crytek_crysis_on_console_looks_better_than_pc_version.html

Cevat Yerli: "I want to be clear: when I say the console versions look better than Crysis on PC, I mean that as a factual thing, not in terms of technical specifications."

I don't want to start a screenshot war like in the other threads, I just quoted to show their confidence in how this is turning out.
Well, he is kind of right. Not in terms of technical specifications( resolution, AA, fps) but in terms of better lighting, TOD and possibly water, it looked better than Crysis 2 in short footage I watched, amazing.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Why would you pay more being in the UK?

It's going to be 1600 points.

Well...RE4 HD is more expensive than the previously announced 1600 points in Germany. So I guess it's possible.

I can't wait for tomorrow! Actually it's probably going to be a huge download. Maybe I should say I can't wait for Wednesday!

Any idea on the file size for the 360 version?

The Lamonster said:
I can't wait for tomorrow! Actually it's probably going to be a huge download. Maybe I should say I can't wait for Wednesday!

Any idea on the file size for the 360 version?

Huge download? This isn't RAGE...

Guessing 5-7 GB since PC version is something around there.

I guess now that you mention it considering your typical 1GB demo takes a bit, I get your point LOL.

I have 15 mbps cable so it shouldn't be too bad.

Hmm, I'll be at work until 5 AM Tuesday morning, I should be able to start the download via my phone through Xbox.com eh? Lol.

Ehh, probably with the issues finding it on the market for the first couple hours, not even worth it. I'll just DL it when I get home about 5:40. All assuming it hits at 4 AM like most stuff.

MikeE21286 said:
Seems like a meaningless and arbitrary restriction.

It's technical in nature as far as I know (something arcane to do with file systems or the like).

Although MS should have had the foresight to realize even 2GB would be a hindrance one day, and designed XBLA to allow full size games. But that's another story. Considering the initial XBLA game size limit was 50MB, they probably never thought about it.

MikeE21286 said:
Seems like a meaningless and arbitrary restriction.

More GB = more value?
Its because XBLA games are stored in one big container file. Xbox 360 uses Fat 32, so the maximum one of those files can be is 2GB. Yes, theres probably ways they can work around it but to keep it simple they've left the limit at 2GB. With Games on Demand my guess is that they are just dumping the game files directly onto the HDD instead of putting them in a container file. I have no knowledge of this, just speculating but seems like thats why Games on Demand don't have a limit.

Wonko_C

What's up with the lack of press pre-release hype? Is this thing on an embargo or something? No reviews, no new videos, it even feels like it's not coming out tomorrow. :(

Nizz

Infinite Justice said:
will they even show the fucking game running on PS3?
Yep. This is one of the things that disappoint me. If it wasn't for the PS3 logo showing up in the trailer at the end and them mentioning it in the press release you'd think it was 360 only.

Screenshots, gameplay videos, everything so far has been 360. Would it kill EA/Crytek to release some PS3 shots/videos?

Infinite Justice said:
will they even show the fucking game running on PS3?

Why do you need that when, it's out on like 16 hours? Or just wait for other PS3 buyers impressions...

And they havent shown any footage really. Only two instances that I know of, one trailer, and one gamespot live demo. Exactly two footages.

It is odd the lack of hype, seems doomed to not sell much, hope I'm wrong...

CozMick

Banned
Is this still on course for release tomorrow/Wednesday (UK)?

Not much coverage from sites...

Got my money waiting in my psn wallet :)

Red

Wonko_C said:
What's up with the lack of press pre-release hype? Is this thing on an embargo or something? No reviews, no new videos, it even feels like it's not coming out tomorrow. :(
It's four years old? 2011 may be the best year for major releases this console generation, is it really surprising that a game from 2007 is not getting the spotlight? Dark Souls, Batman, Skyward Sword, and Skyrim are all around the corner. The gaming press is preoccupied.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Strange how little hype there is for this release, one of the PC's best and most technically revered shooters is coming out tomorrow for the consoles and nobody seems to care :-\, I completed this on the PC numerous amounts of times and I can't wait until this is released, I'm counting the hours.

specialguy said:
It's technical in nature as far as I know (something arcane to do with file systems or the like).

Although MS should have had the foresight to realize even 2GB would be a hindrance one day, and designed XBLA to allow full size games. But that's another story. Considering the initial XBLA game size limit was 50MB, they probably never thought about it.

infinityBCRT said:
Its because XBLA games are stored in one big container file. Xbox 360 uses Fat 32, so the maximum one of those files can be is 2GB. Yes, theres probably ways they can work around it but to keep it simple they've left the limit at 2GB. With Games on Demand my guess is that they are just dumping the game files directly onto the HDD instead of putting them in a container file. I have no knowledge of this, just speculating but seems like thats why Games on Demand don't have a limit.

Oh wow, ok. Yeah FAT32 being restricted to 2GB file sizes and all. That makes sense.

Yuripaw

Banned
What time does GoD usually update when they put games up? (central time US) Im just debating if I should try to stay awake til it at least goes up, so I can download it while I sleep.

lowrider007 said:
Strange how little hype there is for this release, one of the PC's best and most technically revered shooter is coming out tomorrow for the consoles and nobody seems to care :-\, I completed this on the PC numerous amounts of times and I can't wait until this is released, I'm counting the hours.

I thought the same, but Crunched makes a good point...it's an old game and with the AAA titles coming out over the next few weeks, they probably decided to save money and let the game advertise itself...

lowrider007 said:
Strange how little hype there is for this release, one of the PC's best and most technically revered shooter is coming out tomorrow for the consoles and nobody seems to care :-\, I completed this on the PC numerous amounts of times and I can't wait until this is released, I'm counting the hours.
I'm super hyped, I just wish it had come out a couple weeks before when I had nothing really to play. This week people are getting hit hard (Rage, Dark Souls etc).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I would be all over this if I had my PS3 right now. As soon as I get it back and get my new TV set up I'm booting this up.

Yuripaw

Banned
I've owned this game for years on PC, but it always seemed to end up overheating my computer. I just got frustrated with it, and with this version release, I'm excited to finally play it. I'll be passing on Rage for now, but am getting Dark Souls. Basically Crysis will be my first person shooter I switch to when I'm not playing Dark Souls.

Top Bottom