• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Snuggler said:
It'll probably play good with a pad, though, it's just a matter of preference for me.

PC version had native 360 pad support. Had no troubles finishing both Crysis and Warhead on Delta difficulty(hardest) using a gamepad.

console folk, play the whole, it's great from start to finish. ignore the parrots spewing the same tired trope. shame about taking out a whole level, i can already see the game gimped. also :

->Crytek has also made many improvements to Crysis, including integrating the Nanosuit controls from Crysis 2 that has helped make that game one of the biggest blockbusters of 2011

completely disagree that it makes the game better. double shame.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
console folk, play the whole, it's great from start to finish. ignore the parrots spewing the same tired trope. shame about taking out a whole level, i can already see the game gimped. also :

completely disagree that it makes the game better. double shame.
What exactly does that mean, anyway?

And yes, taking out that flight level is so retarded.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
abracadaver said:
Are there respawning enemies in crysis or can you completely clear a level ?

no respawning shit, I believe. Was deeply dissapointed when learned that C2 had it.

abracadaver said:
Are there respawning enemies in crysis or can you completely clear a level ?
No respawning, but there are cases where a guy uses a flare and that spawns some units. Also every single object position is tracked in the save file. In some levels i made a parking lot with all the vehicles in the same place. Too bad the enemies vanish because it would have been prettty cool to stash every single body in the same place like a trophy room.

highrider

Banned
for 20 bucks i'm in. i enjoyed crysis 2 but the poor ai killed any replayability for me. i'm also a real sucker for jungle settings.

The Lamonster said:
What exactly does that mean, anyway?

And yes, taking out that flight level is so retarded.

I mean the fact that so many like to repeat the same thing, "first half great, stop playing second half" I suspect more than a few people didn't actually play the game and are just going by what someone else said.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
evil solrac v3.0 said:
I mean the fact that so many like to repeat the same thing, "first half great, stop playing second half" I suspect more than a few people didn't actually play the game and are just going by what someone else said.

You really think that people are lying about that? What, to fit in or something? Interesting...

Ysiadmihi

Banned
evil solrac v3.0 said:

Or maybe they're saying it because it's true. The second half of Crysis is really boring.

Red

evil solrac v3.0 said:
The second half of Crysis is a lot like all of Crysis 2.

Guy Legend

Never played this outside a PC demo a long time ago.

What's the save system the game? Can it be played in short fragments or are there save spots like Far Cry 2?

Red

Guy Legend said:
Never played this outside a PC demo a long time ago.

What's the save system the game? Can it be played in short fragments or are there save spots like Far Cry 2?
Pc version could save anywhere, not sure if this release is using a checkpoint system or what. Don't think it's been mentioned.

Alxjn

Crunched said:
Straight push forward through linear levels.

Crysis 2's levels are far more open than the second half of C1. The second half of C1 doesn't even have enemies that make using the suit even remotely beneficial or fun.

Cudder

After the glitch fuckfest that was Crysis 2 on PS3, no way am I getting this. (I'm talking more in line with the trophies.)

I also beat this game on my MacBook Pro a while back (lol)

Red

Alxjn said:
Crysis 2's levels are far more open than the second half of C1. The second half of C1 doesn't even have enemies that make using the suit even remotely beneficial or fun.
Wider corridors don't make it more open IMO. I'm talking level design. Crysis 1 first half is all multi-objective, "do this if you want" gameplay, not "here is your waypoint."

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Anyone know when exactly this comes out? I have to be at work at 4:15am so It would be nice to let it download while I'm at work.

Sai

Guts Of Thor said:
Anyone know when exactly this comes out? I have to be at work at 4:15am so It would be nice to let it download while I'm at work.
Would you be able to leave your 360 on and purchase the game from the Marketplace online if it doesn't come out on time?

... That would work, wouldn't it? Haven't tried it before.

This will be my only purchase tomorrow (sorry Dark Souls, I'll wait until the wiki is complete). Never played the original Crysis, hopefully the performance on 360 holds up. The gameplay looks fun as hell.

Should we be worried?

The game should be ready to download in less than 2 hours. There has been no reviews, no advertising, except one trailer and I even hear it has no achievements/trophies. No Demo to try and limited previews.

What the fuck is going on?

abracadaver

ukresistance said:
Should we be worried?

The game should be ready to download in less than 2 hours. There has been no reviews, no advertising, except one trailer and I even hear it has no achievements/trophies. No Demo to try and limited previews.

Where did you hear this ? Every 360 game has to have achievements. Its not an option for developers to include them. I wouldnt worry about that

ukresistance said:
Should we be worried?

From what I know, EA hasn't sent out review codes for it (at least I haven't recieved one).

It will have achievements (not sure about trophies), and there's no demo because it's not an XBLA game, so it is not mandatory.

abracadaver

ResidentDante said:
I'm at work, so if you get it I'd be happy for some quick feeback like controls and framerate etc. :)

I will download as soon as its up ;)

Took this day off just to play crysis :D

abracadaver said:
Where did you hear this ? Every 360 game has to have achievements. Its not an option for developers to include them. I wouldnt worry about that

Just a rumour from a friend that it had nothing. So I looked at that site, 360 Achievements yesterday and again just a minute ago. It still has nothing. From reading some of the comments, it sounds strange. As this has never ever happened before. It already has the full list of Skyrim achievements which isn't out for over a month. This is normal from what I can tell.

Add that to no reviews or demo and i'm unsure of the quality of this game. It's 1840msp in the UK. It does not need to be 'fucktasticly awesome'. Just better than Crysis 2 and that includes performance and glitches too.

abracadaver said:
I will download as soon as its up ;)

Took this day off just to play crysis :D
There's nothing like some hard earned gaming holiday. I'm thinking of doing one soon to catch up on all the titles rushing out before christmas :D

ukresistance said:
Just a rumour from a friend that it had nothing. So I looked at that site, 360 Achievements yesterday and again just a minute ago. It still has nothing. From reading some of the comments, it sounds strange. As this has never ever happened before. It already has the full list of Skyrim achievements which isn't out for over a month. This is normal from what I can tell.

Add that to no reviews or demo and i'm unsure of the quality of this game. It's 1840msp in the UK. It does not need to be 'fucktasticly awesome'. Just better than Crysis 2 and that includes performance and glitches too.
It just means it's not out yet. Clam down.

ukresistance said:

Reviews only happen if a code is delivered to reviewers. No code, no review. Doesn't mean the game is shit, it just means that EA honestly doesn't care about coverage about the game. It doesn't mean the game is bad or performing terrible.

The game WILL have achievements, it is mandatory from Microsoft, and there's simply no way around it. Look at any other Games on Demand game, Crysis is no different from those.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Definitely gonna pick this up, loving Crysis 2 so far. Just stocked up on MS points too, $20 USD is good with me!

abracadaver

This is taking way too long. Ive clicked the buy link like 100 times now.

I wanted to start the download and then go and buy something to eat while it downloads. Guess I will buy food now and hope it works when I get back

Yuripaw

Banned
abracadaver said:
This is taking way too long. Ive clicked the buy link like 100 times now.

I wanted to start the download and then go and buy something to eat while it downloads. Guess I will buy food now and hope it works when I get back
You think you got it bad? I wanted to buy it, and then go to bed...lol It's taking much longer than I thought it would. zzz

I own the maximum edition on pc but will buy this for ease of playing and whatever they did to make it look really nice on consoles, I can run it on pc no problem around 40fps, but eh.

1840 points, thought it was 1600 points :/ glad i bought that 2100 point card and not the 1200 one like i planned or id have been short haha

Top Bottom