• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Stallion Free said:
No, the level's visual took a massive hit compared to the PC version.
Oh yeah? What makes it look worse exactly? I've been curious to see that level on consoles.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dark10x said:
Oh yeah? What makes it look worse exactly? I've been curious to see that level on consoles.
The lighting is nowhere near as atmospheric and the textures look a lot worse than I remember (I replayed the level on PC about 2 months ago).

DeathIsTheEnd said:
I have no idea either. I have however learnt that the default key on PC to drop one of the pistols is J.
Hmmmmmmmmmm

OK so what's the Xbox 360 controller equivalent of the J key I wonder?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Stallion Free said:
The lighting is nowhere near as atmospheric and the textures look a lot worse than I remember (I replayed the level on PC about 2 months ago).
I'm actually kind of surprised. The first thing you see when starting a new game gives you a very small preview of the alien structure. I thought the console version of this intro looked significantly better than the same scene on the PC. That seemed to bode well for the actual level.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

sajj316

Stallion Free said:

Is there really any debate to the PC versus Console argument with respect to Crysis? I think most console gamers (like myself) get the fact that it won't have the performance or graphical fidelity of the PC version. I'm just happy that they got the damn game running on consoles for me to enjoy. Yes, there were sacrifices made. Does it take away from the core of the game? I don't think so. Are the graphics good enough. I think so as it doesn't look like crap compared to other PC ports.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Stallion Free said:

You've really been down on this port from the beginning tbh, it's never going to look as good as the PC version but what we've got is very impressive imo.

Woorloog

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm

OK so what's the Xbox 360 controller equivalent of the J key I wonder?
You cannot get rid of dualwielding. I tried everything, even spent all my pistol ammo.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
sajj316 said:
Is there really any debate to the PC versus Console argument with respect to Crysis? I think most console gamers (like myself) get the fact that it won't have the performance or graphical fidelity of the PC version. I'm just happy that they got the damn game running on consoles for me to enjoy. Yes, there were sacrifices made. Does it take away from the core of the game? I don't think so. Are the graphics good enough. I think so as it doesn't look like crap compared to other PC ports.
I never said it took away from the core of the game. I have been saying the whole time that the core is still there and that the game still holds up fantastically gameplay-wise.

lowrider007 said:
You've really been down on this port from the beginning tbh, it's never going to look as good as the PC version but what we've got is very impressive imo.
I bought it and beat it, I'm just sharing impressions. I never once said the port isn't worth it.

Tyrael

Anyone finished the game? How the hell can I get the
TAC Cannon? I can't find it anywhere. The only way is to the flight deck and there's no turn back to the inside of the ship to get the cannon.

NinjaBoiX

Downloading the Xbox version over the PlayStation version. I have Crysis 2 on Xbox for the better general framerate even though it takes more of a hit in intense scenes. I would assume Crysis 1 will perform in a similar manner.

I tried it on my dad's PC, but M+KB is the work of the devil, so I only lasted about 10 minutes. Can't wait to play it with a pad.

You know, properly.

*ducks*

;P

AEREC

All those previews were so full of shit when they said the framerate doesnt dip, had a firefight int he first small checkpoint town after shutting off the jamming signal...shit is unplayable.

Im trying to go through on delta and sneak past everything.

The game looks fine (and pretty impressive for consoles), but honestly, Crysis was never that spectacular of a game in the first place. The most enjoyment I've gotten out of it so far was picking up a bird and throwing it into the ocean.

dark10x said:

I think the big difference is that the ambient light is far darker judging by the screens. Just played that level last night and never having played the PC version I thought it looked beautiful.

arena08

Tyrael said:
Anyone finished the game? How the hell can I get the
TAC Cannon? I can't find it anywhere. The only way is to the flight deck and there's no turn back to the inside of the ship to get the cannon.

Next to the dead scientist in the armoury area when you're coming back up through the ship

Warm Machine said:
I think the big difference is that the ambient light is far darker judging by the screens. Just played that level last night and never having played the PC version I thought it looked beautiful.
I played both. I was preparing for the worst, judging from comments a bit above, but it turned out fine. Loved it. The level's still eerie as fuck.

I had the same problem with the
TAC cannon
. Went past the area with it in without realising I'd taken a wrong turn and was subsequently locked out from picking it up. Had to reload an earlier save.

I'm hoping (probably for nothing, but hey...) that they'll fix some of the bugs. Shit like the music suddenly cutting out, NPC characters remaining stuck in their "neutral pose" (had Psycho adress me like that, with his mouth making movements that'd make the Mouth of Sauron jealous), and so on.

Oh, and the default running speed. Up it.

Bread

Banned
I'm very interested in this game, but I wish it had a demo. For those that have played the game, is this the type of game where there are lots of options on how to get to your objective? I'm in the mood for a stealthy game where I can play hide and seek with the AI and pick them off with a sniper.

Bread said:
I'm very interested in this game, but I wish it had a demo. For those that have played the game, is this the type of game where there are lots of options on how to get to your objective? I'm in the mood for a stealthy game where I can play hide and seek with the AI and pick them off with a sniper.
Yes! You can do this. Lots of fun. Doing a stealth run now and distracting the hell out of all the enemies.

MaddenNFL64

Bread said:

Once you get the sniper scope unlocked, your assault rifles with maximum strength for "steady aim" will be 100x better than a sniper rifle.

But yes, you can totally rape doing this.

Bread

Banned
IOnEI Falcon said:
Yes! You can do this. Lots of fun. Doing a stealth run now and distracting the hell out of all the enemies.
That sounds awesome.

MaddenNFL64 said:
Once you get the sniper scope unlocked, your assault rifles with maximum strength for "steady aim" will be 100x better than a sniper rifle.

The satisfaction of a one shot sniper to the face cannot be beaten by any assault rifle. Are there silenced snipers?

feel

I'm pretty bummed out that I blind bought this without waiting for a demo o something. Normal speed is a complete dealbreaker for me. I can't enjoy a game where a supersoldier is either walking about, or blasting at super speed in a canned animation that doesn't let you shoot or strafe, with no regular jogging speed in between.

Tyrael

arena08 said:
Next to the dead scientist in the armoury area when you're coming back up through the ship

But I can't got there, all the doors are locked. The only open door is to the outside of the ship, after the captain dies and say that you need to go there fight the things.

I read a faq of the PC version that tells that I need do deactivate the nuclear reactor of the ship and after that you can take the TAC Cannon, but that mission don't exist in the console version and I can't acess the lower decks of the ship after the alien assault.

what the hell :(

Tyrael said:
But I can't got there, all the doors are locked. The only open door is to the outside of the ship, after the captain dies and say that you need to go there fight the things.

I read a faq of the PC version that tells that I need do deactivate the nuclear reactor of the ship and after that you can take the TAC Cannon, but that mission don't exist in the console version and I can't acess the lower decks of the ship after the alien assault.

what the hell :(

Reload an earlier save so you can go back and get it. Happened to me inthe PC version too.

MaddenNFL64

Letters said:
I'm pretty bummed out that I blind bought this without waiting for a demo o something. Normal speed is a complete dealbreaker for me. I can't enjoy a game where a supersoldier is either walking about, or blasting at super speed in a canned animation that doesn't let you shoot or strafe, with no regular jogging speed in between.

Can't you set it to maximum speed & jog with that?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
So for those console players who have already beaten the game AND Crysis 2 - which one is better?

Bread said:
That sounds awesome.

The satisfaction of a one shot sniper to the face cannot be beaten by any assault rifle. Are there silenced snipers?
Hmm, I don't think there are silent sniper rifles. If you are far away enough they will have no clue anyway but when you are closer towards them you can put a nice scope on your assault rifle, single shot settings with a silencer and totally mess with them.

subversus said:
So for those console players who have already beaten the game AND Crysis 2 - which one is better?
I think I had more fun with the first Crysis. I don't know what you would say better but I definitely had more fun in this one. If they just upped the normal walking speed it would be perfect. I am honestly not getting any framerate issues (360).

Letters said:
You just need to get used to it, man. The slow speed's bugging me, too, especially because I already played the PC version, but I'm adjusting to it. I'm hoping they'll fix it, but don't let that kill the enjoyment for you. This game is way too awesome for that.

MaddenNFL64 said:
Can't you set it to maximum speed & jog with that?
He wants regular speed jogging. Right now, either Nomad is running in slow-motion or speeding forward like a bullet.

Bread said:
The only real sniper rifle in the game can kill an enemy no matter where you hit it. Mod your SCAR or FY with a sniper scope and a silencer, set it to single shot, and bam. Long-range headshot weapon.

ACH1LL3US

lowrider007 said:

I agree.

I got the game last night and was shocked this was playing on my 360. The intro and the jungle at night with my flash light, it to me is one of the best looking console games I have ever seen.

I don't get the hate for this on the console. It is like the PC gamers HAVE to say its inferior to their version. We get that...... NOONE is disputing that. I would have never got a chance to play this if it didn't come out on the 360 and I am glad it did, its AMAZING!

Tyrael

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Reload an earlier save so you can go back and get it. Happened to me inthe PC version too.

Did this 3 times already.

Oh well, will try again later, maybe with a diferent difficult setting (we never know...).

Woorloog

Banned
subversus said:
Overall, Crysis 2 is more consistent as it doesn't have a bad half but i think Crysis 1 is better (even with slow movement speed) due to its great first half. And Crysis 2's linearity sucks.

feel

Blue Ninja said:
You just need to get used to it, man. The slow speed's bugging me, too, especially because I already played the PC version, but I'm adjusting to it. I'm hoping they'll fix it, but don't let that kill the enjoyment for you. This game is way too awesome
I have too many great games to play to stick to something that provides me with displeasure because of huge moronic design decisions, I'll toss it to the side and maybe I'll come back to it some day if I don't have anything else to play and I'm really bored (which is very far away with how many new games I have these times). But at this point I'd actually prefer if they took my download licenses away and gave me my 1600 points back. Man I've waited so long for a Crysis 1 port. :(

(since you're a Halogaffer, please let me know there if they ever improve the speed in a patch, if you remember)

MaddenNFL64 said:

Has anyone found out if there a way to do this on the console version?
Maximum strength is only activated when you melee & that's it as far as I can tell.

ACH1LL3US

Letters said:
I have too many great games to play to stick to something that provides me with displeasure because of huge moronic design decisions, I'll toss it to the side and maybe I'll come back to it some day if I don't have anything else to play and I'm really bored (which is very far away with how many new games I have these times). But at this point I'd actually prefer if they took my download licenses away and gave me my 1600 points back. Man I've waited so long for a Crysis 1 port. :(

(since you're a Halogaffer, please let me know there if they ever improve the speed in a patch, if you remember)

I never played the pc version, is the speed really alot different? When I click the left anolgue he runs very fast, on the pc he runs faster? Or is it the walking that is slower? It feels the same as Crysis 2 to me in that respect so far :/

See You Next Wednesday said:
Has anyone found out if there a way to do this on the console version?
Maximum strength is only activated when you melee & that's it as far as I can tell.
it's enabled when not using any other skill, down the bottom right the symbol will show the fist strengh icon when not using another skill.

I've not played the pc version enough to really notice but recoil in the 360 version already feels really low and tight.

Red

Blackvette94 said:
I never played the pc version, is the speed really alot different? When I click the left anolgue he runs very fast, on the pc he runs faster? Or is it the walking that is slower? It feels the same as Crysis 2 to me in that respect so far :/
He's faster during sprint on pc, and since you can toggle suit modes you can activate speed mode without sprinting, providing a speed boost without using energy.

Seems the new suit controls remove a lot of nuance.

aeolist

Banned
Diablohead said:
it's enabled when not using any other skill, down the bottom right the symbol will show the fist strengh icon when not using another skill.

I've not played the pc version enough to really notice but recoil in the 360 version already feels really low and tight.
With the PC version activating strength reduced the sway when using a scope and took energy every time you fired a shot.

Worked really well IMO.

ACH1LL3US

Crunched said:
He's faster during sprint on pc, and since you can toggle suit modes you can activate speed mode without sprinting, providing a speed boost without using energy.

Seems the new suit controls remove a lot of nuance.

Gotcha, it would appear the controls are more like Crysis 2 on the console.

feel

Blackvette94 said:
Yeah I mean the normal speed out of sprint, the one I use to explore using the analog stick to control my speed as I look around at the scenery. I kept checking if I was crouching, it's that bad to me. And though I don't exactly remember, Crysis 2 couldn't been the same, I completed that game and never had problems with the default speed.

Red

Letters said:
Yeah I mean the normal speed out of sprint, the one I use to explore using the analog stick to change my speed from slow walk to jog. I kept checking if I was crouching, it's that bad to me. And though I don't exactly remember, Crysis 2 couldn't been the same, I completed that game and never had problems with the default speed.
Maybe because 2 didn't have as much landscape to get through?

Gotta say it's strange seeing someone with a Halo avatar complain about movement speed.

Top Bottom