• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
MrOogieBoogie said:
Because, as evidenced by this thread, discussion has devolved into meaningless achievements banter.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Achievements are arguably the worst barometer for judging a game. Instead of posting impressions about the game's performance, controls, visuals, sound, etc. you have pages full of just the most pointless shit ever.

It's INFURIATING.

It's not pointless for those that care about them and obviously those discussing it do care, achievements are part of the game and atm they are broken so it's a valid point of discussion, your anger towards those people is not justified.

Metal-Geo said:
Hargreave was a great character. His emotionless way of talking was perfect and was a charm to listen to. Hell, I'd buy an audiobook! Ghould, on the other hand, was an annoying character when he was commanding and whining.

I really enjoyed Crysis 2's story. Terrifically sci-fi and lots more depth in contrast to Crysis (and Warhead). It's also great how it added more depth and story details to the first games.
The fact it actually made the suit part of the story was a great decision as well.
. But the storytelling in the game was atrocious. After I beat the game, I had to fucking Google to
find out who this Karl Rasch character was.
Also, the consistency with Crysis (and again, Warhead) was at a certain degree rather poor.
Apparently, the marines never heard of the nanosuit? Despite it being 2 years after Crysis took place? And Bargley was there when Strickland died? And he says the situation at Ling Shan Islands was worse? Really?

Anyway. Back to Crysis Remastered. :X

QFT

Especially the part about Rasch as I had to do the EXACT same thing. I mean, I had to wiki the plot AFTER I had just played through the game.

AEREC

MrOogieBoogie said:
Because, as evidenced by this thread, discussion has devolved into meaningless achievements banter.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Achievements are arguably the worst barometer for judging a game. Instead of posting impressions about the game's performance, controls, visuals, sound, etc. you have pages full of just the most pointless shit ever.

It's INFURIATING.

I dont think anyone is saying it's a good or bad game based on the achievements, and we've already had plenty of people post about the performance and controls both of which are apparently fine.

If something like this is INFURIATING to you then, you seriously need to get your priorities straight.

AgentOtaku said:
QFT

Especially the part about Rasch as I had to do the EXACT same thing. I mean, I had to wiki the plot AFTER I had just played through the game.
Yeah I don't know how they did it but I was like, FUCK YEA at that part even though I had no idea who he was. The only real clue I caught was the naming of the Hargreave-Rasch building.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Achievements
Achievements
Achievements

Do people even know how to enjoy a game without that carrot on a stick anymore?

CozMick

Banned
dark10x said:
Achievements
Achievements
Achievements

I enjoyed Resistance 1 recently but my god it was painful not getting the pop up after each chapter :(

dark10x said:
Achievements
Achievements
Achievements

I like getting inadvertent achievements on my first playthrough, then if I really like a game I'll go back in and pick up the ones that look easy and/or fun. So sue me!

Bazhard

Banned
The fact that so many people refuse to play this because of the achievement thing has made me lose all respect and hope for the gaming communities future.

This generation has ruined gamers, maybe it's just this generation of gamers who can't appreciate good games, good gameplay, good story, good mechanics, good art style, it's all about achievements and graphics which is sad.

Then again i don't know why i keep acting surprised, the amount of sales COD brings in compared to actual good games should of been a wake up call years ago.

lowrider007

RyudBoy said:
Achievements appear now so stop complaining.

They appear on the console but they don't register on xbox.com, that is the issue.

(unless that has been resolved)

Wonko_C

I purchased the game from xbox.com (my first time doing this) and after getting home, turning on my console and logging into my account, there was a "!" sign next to the download, and it said: "assigned to another console". I proceeded to download it (hasn't finished yet) but now I'm worried about that warning. Did I just screw myself and the game won't work?

Forgot to mention: I just got rid of my phat and purchased a slim so that's why I think the "assigned to another console" thing came up. Do I have to worry?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Bazhard said:
The fact that so many people refuse to play this because of the achievement thing has made me lose all respect and hope for the gaming communities future.

This generation has ruined gamers, maybe it's just this generation of gamers who can't appreciate good games, good gameplay, good story, good mechanics, good art style, it's all about achievements and graphics which is sad.

Then again i don't know why i keep acting surprised, the amount of sales COD brings in compared to actual good games should of been a wake up call years ago.
Wahhh wahh wahhh. Game has a broken component which people want to experience and toy with. Deal with it.

Granted, the achievements could've been more imaginative.

Apocryphon

Wonko_C said:
I purchased the game from xbox.com (my first time doing this) and after getting home, turning on my console and logging into my account, there was a "!" sign next to the download, and it said: "assigned to another console". I proceeded to download it (hasn't finished yet) but now I'm worried about that warning. Did I just screw myself and the game won't work?

Forgot to mention: I just got rid of my phat and purchased a slim so that's why I think the "assigned to another console" thing came up. Do I have to worry?

It just means that you bought it through the website and not your console. It'll download and install fine.

MrOogieBoogie said:

It's INFURIATING.
ce611084d2566c756994600175c1ec28.png

RyudBoy

lowrider007 said:
They appear on the console but they don't register xbox.com, that is the issue.

(unless that has been resolved)

Ahh, my mistake. Just checked and they indeed don't appear on xbox.com

Heard achievements got downgraded in the port. I blame Crytek for selling out and consolising our wonderful PC achievements.

They won't get my full support on this one. I'll just buy the PC, XBOX360 and PS3 version of the game but Crytek can kiss good bye me buying the inflatable prophet doll and all of David Hasselhof albums singed in the nanosuit voice.

dark10x said:
Achievements
Achievements
Achievements

Can't people who don't care eventually learn not to care about the people who do care?

Duallusion

Diablohead said:
If you do earn any achievements in crysis now, I think you can recover your gamertag when the cheevos are fixed to update the listing with what you have.

How do you do that?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dark10x said:
Achievements
Achievements
Achievements

I've beaten the game like 3 times on PC without achievements. Achievements are how I will enjoy a 4th run on 360.

Bazhard said:

Lots of people have already played and beaten the game on PC, the $20 goes towards console controls and achievements is how I see it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Stallion Free said:
I've beaten the game like 3 times on PC without achievements. Achievements are how I will enjoy a 4th run on 360.
Fair enough.

To be clear, I don't dislike achievements, but these days it almost feels as if people can't even enjoy a game unless they have some virtual carrot on a stick to pull them through. Seems like a bit of a shame to me.

AEREC

Refreshment.01 said:
Heard achievements got downgraded in the port. I blame Crytek for selling out and consolising our wonderful PC achievements.

They won't get my full support on this one. I'll just buy the PC, XBOX360 and PS3 version of the game but Crytek can kiss good bye me buying the inflatable prophet doll and all of David Hasselhof albums singed in the nanosuit voice.

What do you mean by "downgraded," Crysis did not have achievements before so it's hard to downgrade something that wasn't there to begin with.

Anyways look one page back for the achievements, it's a pretty decent list...much better than the recent RE4/CVX achievements.

dark10x said:
Fair enough.

To be clear, I don't dislike achievements, but these days it almost feels as if people can't even enjoy a game unless they have some virtual carrot on a stick to pull them through. Seems like a bit of a shame to me.

Seems like you're bitching about something that is pointless to bitch about. Hell, people like you are worse than the people who only play games for achievements.

Decarb said:
Why does it ask me to pay in real money? I have enough points in my account to pay for it.
Yeah I don't know, it did the same for me. You may have to wait until it appears on the console to do that.

lowrider007

Decarb said:
Why does it ask me to pay in real money? I have enough points in my account to pay for it.

You can pay with points via the site, I did, hit buy and there should be an option.

KageMaru

Majik said:
It just means that you bought it through the website and not your console. It'll download and install fine.

So this is normal any time you purchase something from their website? I transferred my licenses to my newest 360, thinking that would fix this issue. However when I saw that message earlier today with Crysis, I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to play it while offline.

Decarb said:

IIRC, there should be an option to pay for points or CC in the window where you confirm your purchase.

foxdvd

Decarb said:

once you click on it to buy...you should be able to change the way you pay to use your points...

Kauwn

Neo Member
lowrider007 said:
You can pay with points via the site, I did.

Or when you press buy on the dashboard there's a prompt at the bottom, "press x to pay with microsoft points" or something like that

Top Bottom