• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis | PSN XBLA |OT| "It can run Crysis"

Neuromancer said:
To be fair, the suit voice in Crysis 2 is a story element since it's
Prophet

Can't believe I never realized this. Was there a point in the story you found this out? Was it indeed the same actor and everything?

madmackem said:
Ohhh shit this better have achievements, ive already played it on pc and the main draw was to play it again with achievements then followed by crysis 2 i got for free as a god download the other week. Resis have them dont they?.

Might seem weird to some, but having it or not would affect my purchase. Glad to hear they're in.

AgentOtaku said:
Can't believe I never realized this. Was there a point in the story you found this out? Was it indeed the same actor and everything?
If memory serves, at the end they made it pretty clear, showing a
wireframe version of Prophet's face talking to you during the load screen, with the suit voice. Not sure if it's the same actor but I imagine it would be.

It's been awhile since I played the end bit again so I'm a little hazy on the details.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
AgentOtaku said:
It's revealed right at the end and was the same actor, just with a filter over his voice.

RoboPlato said:
It's revealed right at the end and was the same actor, just with a filter over his voice.

lol, don't remember at all =/

Is that my fault or poor comunication on the game's part?
Then again, I finished back in March, so I might just be forgetting.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Can we get some actual impressions in here? Why on earth is everyone jumping up and down about achievements? Is that really so important?

Pranay

dark10x said:
Can we get some actual impressions in here? Why on earth is everyone jumping up and down about achievements? Is that really so important?

KageMaru said:
Played for close to an hour or so and so far I'm extremely impressed by this port. Plenty of foliage around (which bends as you walk through it), lighting looks gorgeous, textures look great considering the scope, and the frame rate is mostly solid so far.

Not being able to run after you run out of energy was one of my biggest complaints in Crysis 2, well they kind of fixed that in Crysis 1. Maximum speed is still mapped to the left analog stick, but once you run out of energy, you keep on running but at a slower pace.

So far it looks better overall than Crysis 1 on my 3 year old $1500 gaming laptop, so for that alone I'm pleased.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Very impressed with the graphics so far, although if your used to the PC version the lack of thick floor foliage at times can make you feel quite vulnerable, especially if you like creeping around in prone as I do, but still impressive nonetheless.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm looking forward to hearing some PS3 impressions later. I'm without my PS3 for now but I'll be checking this out as soon as I get it back. I'm just curious if there's been any improvements from Crysis 2 on PS3.

scitek

AgentOtaku said:
lol, don't remember at all =/

Is that my fault or poor comunication on the game's part?
Then again, I finished back in March, so I might just be forgetting.

This. The game's story was pretty dumb, but the way it was told was awful.

mclaren777

A question for people who have beaten the PC version: do those Achievements make it look like this game will be easy to Platinum?

KageMaru

Another thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post was that it seemed like pop-in has been improved over Crysis 2, though my memory could be hazy a bit with this. It still happened, but for all the foliage around, it was less common than I expected.

Edit: Though the water reflections will pop and shift as you move along the beach, which was rather eye catching.

RoboPlato said:
I'm looking forward to hearing some PS3 impressions later. I'm without my PS3 for now but I'll be checking this out as soon as I get it back. I'm just curious if there's been any improvements from Crysis 2 on PS3.

In the other Crysis port thread there was a post detailing some of the improvements they've made to the engine. AFAIK these improvements were done on both versions, so I'm sure it'll be an improvement of some sort.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Fuck Microsoft and their MS Points. I'm going to have to spend 40 damn dollars to get enough points cards to purchase this because Canadian cards are only 1400.

Lyphen said:
Fuck Microsoft and their MS Points. I'm going to have to spend 40 damn dollars to get enough points cards to purchase this because Canadian cards are only 1400.

It's Games on Demand. You can just purchase it with real money.

Red

How is performance so far? Do trees and buildings still break from weapons fire and explosions? How fast is sprint mode?

Crunched said:
How is performance so far? Do trees and buildings still break from weapons fire and explosions? How fast is sprint mode?

Performance is totally fine to me. Yes, trees break and fall over. From what little time I spent on the PC version, Sprint is the same speed as "Maximum Speed" on the original.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Crunched said:

Yep, you can destroy huts and shoot down tree's etc, and sprint is very good, seems let you cover a good distance and also lets you continue to sprint slower after your energy is depleted.

Tr4nce

So, when is Crysis supposed to be up today on the USA PS Store? I'm from Holland, but can't wait to play it, so I'll be purchasing it through my USA account.

Red

Thanks for the impressions. What I was looking for with the performance question was more, is it closer to 25 or 30 fps most of the time?

Glad to hear the environment can still be destroyed.

Xater

Tr4nce said:
So, when is Crysis supposed to be up today on the USA PS Store? I'm from Holland, but can't wait to play it, so I'll be purchasing it through my USA account.

Probably around 11pm your time.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
lowrider007 said:
Yep, you can destroy huts and shoot down tree's etc, and sprint is very good, seems let you cover a good distance and also lets you continue to sprint slower after your energy is depleted.
It seems like a lot of people miss one of the best things about speed mode. It allows you to jump really fucking far.

MikeE21286 said:
Can I only pay with real money?

I have a ton of points I'd rather use :/

Should be able too. If you're buying through the console I think you can hit X or one of the buttons to switch between real money and spacebucks.

I forgot how the AI can be annoying in this game, like their accuracy is superhuman.

I do suggest you play this on normal the first time through, with the current auto checkpoints you can be few and far between good saving points, and you can also die rather easily.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Diablohead said:
I forgot how the AI can be annoying in this game, like their accuracy is superhuman.

I do suggest you play this on normal the first time through, with the current auto checkpoints you can be few and far between good saving points, and you can also die rather easily.
The AI's accuracy was fine in the PC version... and I never had a problem getting through the game on Delta. Like, I never even found it difficult. It takes away assists and drains your suit faster, it doesn't really change the damage and stuff to adjust difficulty iirc.

So, I heard the performance of this is great. But I have a question...

What's wrong with the achievements and why's everybody complaining about them?

scitek said:
This. The game's story was pretty dumb, but the way it was told was awful.
Eh. Some of the dialogue was poor and unskipable cutscenes are always inexcusable, but overall I quite liked the story in 2. It certainly didn't seem any worse than the average video game story to me.

Gould and Hargreave were both good 'in your ear' characters I thought.

The Mana Legend said:
So, I heard the performance of this is great. But I have a question...

What's wrong with the achievements and why's everybody complaining about them?

You can't get them yet. Someone at either Crytek or Microsoft didn't upload them.

Inferno313 said:
You can't get them yet. Someone at either Crytek or Microsoft didn't upload them.
Wow, didn't ever realize they're under a separate system.

I'll wait to play it until it's fixed, mostly because I'll also have Rage waiting for me when I get home.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
AEREC said:
Why do you worry so much about how other people enjoy a game...really makes no sense.

Because, as evidenced by this thread, discussion has devolved into meaningless achievements banter.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Achievements are arguably the worst barometer for judging a game. Instead of posting impressions about the game's performance, controls, visuals, sound, etc. you have pages full of just the most pointless shit ever.

It's INFURIATING.

KageMaru

Inferno313 said:

You can get them, I think you just can't track them. I remember getting the Zoology achievement when I picked up the turtle at the beach.

Curufinwe

MrOogieBoogie said:
Because, as evidenced by this thread, discussion has devolved into meaningless achievements banter.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Achievements are arguably the worst barometer for judging a game. Instead of posting impressions about the game's performance, controls, visuals, sound, etc. you have pages full of just the most pointless shit ever.

It's INFURIATING.

I don't think anyone in here has really played it yet.

KageMaru said:
You can get them, I think you just can't track them. I remember getting the Zoology achievement when I picked up the turtle at the beach.

Oh is that true? So, am I safe playing? Or should I wait?

Metal-Geo

Neuromancer said:
Eh. Some of the dialogue was poor and unskipable cutscenes are always inexcusable, but overall I quite liked the story in 2. It certainly didn't seem any worse than the average video game story to me.

Gould and Hargreave were both good 'in your ear' characters I thought.
Hargreave was a great character. His emotionless way of talking was perfect and was a charm to listen to. Hell, I'd buy an audiobook! Ghould, on the other hand, was an annoying character when he was commanding and whining.

I really enjoyed Crysis 2's story. Terrifically sci-fi and lots more depth in contrast to Crysis (and Warhead). It's also great how it added more depth and story details to the first games.
The fact it actually made the suit part of the story was a great decision as well.
. But the storytelling in the game was atrocious. After I beat the game, I had to fucking Google to
find out who this Karl Rasch character was.
Also, the consistency with Crysis (and again, Warhead) was at a certain degree rather poor.
Apparently, the marines never heard of the nanosuit? Despite it being 2 years after Crysis took place? And Bargley was there when Strickland died? And he says the situation at Ling Shan Islands was worse? Really?

Anyway. Back to Crysis Remastered. :X

If you do earn any achievements in crysis now, I think you can recover your gamertag when the cheevos are fixed to update the listing with what you have.

Top Bottom