• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

Draxal

They could hire PJ Fleck? He seems classy and has recruited the Midwest. They have the money to hire anybody that is left that they want in all honesty. Most coaches these days are still old enough to consider Notre Dame a destination job.

Rumored to have some skeletons in his closet.

Kevtones

Apparently a few people in 49ers camp and the press think Chip is gone tomorrow night. I super doubt it…

Also wtf @ the Syracuse/Pitt score. I thought it was a basketball score… (76-61).

I feel like it's going to be an appropriate time this

Z3RLS.jpg

RoKKeR

Just got back from the game... *deep breath*

OUR STATE, UT!! OUR STATE!!!!!!!!

What a win. My last game here as a senior, last game photographing... what a way to go out. Can't believe we are going to a bowl game, lmao, but this team didn't quit this season.

Deacon

BUTCH GOING TO HOOUSTON

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/11/26/university-houston-reacts-tom-herman-departure-texas-names-interim-coach

"We will immediately turn our focus to identifying the next leader of our program. We are confident we will find the right individual who will support the young men who are and have committed to this program and who will also support our mission of building Champions for Life, both on and off the field.

Butch to Houston seems like a slam dunk.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/11/26/university-houston-reacts-tom-herman-departure-texas-names-interim-coach

"We will immediately turn our focus to identifying the next leader of our program. We are confident we will find the right individual who will support the young men who are and have committed to this program and who will also support our mission of building Champions for Life, both on and off the field.

Lololejwjsjsndj

RoKKeR

http://tonybasilio.com/vhm_chalk_box.php
Take a listen, dey stillll going. Waaaaah, butch jones is a coward.
Perfection.

CyPmRB7VQAE9b_o.jpg

Lunar15

Watching Gator games is the equivalent to having your fingernails slowly peeled off.

It's really more of a punishment that I get to watch an extra game this season.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bB96O6I.gif

This current guy wants to fire everyone, bring in Peyton Manning, Phil Fulmer, even dig up Johnny Majors.

Holy shit, New Mexico has 525 yards rushing (with most of the fourth quarter to go), they've attempted only FOUR passes in the game.

They legit could have TWO 200 yard rushers, in the SAME GAME.

Also Oregon is apparently starting their coaching search despite not having fired Helfrich.

Apparently Dantonio isn't thinking of making any staff changes, despite that clearly being their most glaring issue. Hopefully it's just post-game talk and he doesn't want to air their business out in the open, because otherwise...

I only just now discovered that Arizona ran for over 500 yards on Friday, threw 0 second half passes and kept their rival out of a bowl game. And still ended with the conferences worst point differential.

Wouldn't the loser of the B1G championship get the slot? How does it work?

The winner of the B1G gets it assuming they don't go to the CFP. Otherwise the Rose Bowl can pick any B1G school it wants. Same deal with the PAC-12.

Mrbob

Yup. I think tOSU bumps the b1g champ
What if Penn State wins? They defeated osu. Also if Wiscy wins they accomplished something osu couldn't and that is defeat Penn state. Plus not like the Badgers loss was awful..lost in OT. Urbz is gonna write that check to make sure osu gets in.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Well, Hawai'i just won their final game. Here's what the bowl landscape currently looks like and the order teams will get picked in.

• # of bowl spots to fill: 80
  • # of normally bowl eligible teams: 74
  • # of 6-6 teams w/ 1 win against a non-scholarship FCS team: 0
  • # of 6-6 teams with 2 wins against scholarship FCS: 1 (Army, though they could get normal eligibility by beating Navy)
  • # of 6-7 teams: 1 (Hawai'i)
  • Subtotal: 76 spots filled
  • # of 5-6 teams w/ one game left to play: 2 (South Alabama, Louisiana-Lafayette)
  • # of 5-7 teams that will go bowling: 2-4

Who is is at the top of the APR list? He's who's left and what needs to happen for them?

• North Texas (5-7) (APR: 984) - Going bowling
  • Mississippi State (5-7) (APR: 971) - Going bowling
  • Texas (5-7) (APR: 971) - If either South Alabama and Louisiana-Lafayette lose, Texas can go bowling. If both win, then Texas loses the tie-breaker with Miss. St. based on single year APR (970 vs. 968),
  • Northern Illinois (5-7) (APR: 970) - Can go bowling only if both South Alabama and Louisiana-Lafayette lose.
  • Louisiana-Lafayette (5-6) (APR: 950) - must beat Louisiana-Monroe (4-7) to go bowling
  • South Alabama (5-6) (APR: 947) - must beat New Mexico State (3-8) to go bowling

Anyone else will have to wait to see if anyone declines bids.

Yeah apparently the guy who tweeted Texas was bowl eligible didn't know MSST held the APR tiebreaker. Oh well. Strong promised Texas fans preseason that we would go to a bowl, and if South Alabama or Lafayette lose next week, he'll deliver that promise posthumously!

Top Bottom