• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cxllege Fxxtball 2016 Week Thirteen: Whx gets the best lxss?

Can I still wear khakis?
giphy.gif

Ohio state Michigan line dropping. Some speculating Vegas knows/thinks speights is playing.

Me? This is how lines work so simma Down now

Limedust

Want to get a confused look from a cashier? Instead of giving them exact change, give them an amount that should give you no pennies, nickles or dimes in change. So if your order is $8.83, Give them $10.33 so you'll get back an even $1.50 in change. Half the time they'll give you back your 33 cents and say "you don't need this", but for others they'll figure it out eventually once the register tells them how much the customer is owed back.

Yep.

"Just punch it into the register like that, please."

tebunker

Banned
$15/hour.

Why not? Costco cashiers start there and go up. You actually get people who can figure shit out and they stick around and in general they do better.

We can argue it all day if you want. Pay people better, train them better and expect better results. You end up with better people in the end that stick around. A multiple time franchisee of the year for Taco Bell was asked his secret and he quickly and concisely stated that he pays more than any other franchise store (over $11/hr on avg) and because of that he gotten better employees and was able to hold them to higher standards.

As for tomorrow, do we even need to watch the Minny / Wiscy game now? We get anXSU and Ichigan at lunch, so PSU will know their fate before their game. Just hoping some of the results don't kill the momentum for what should end up a great weekend of CFB.

Slo

Why not? Costco cashiers start there and go up. You actually get people who can figure shit out and they stick around and in general they do better.

We can argue it all day if you want. Pay people better, train them better and expect better results. You end up with better people in the end that stick around. A multiple time franchisee of the year for Taco Bell was asked his secret and he quickly and concisely stated that he pays more than any other franchise store (over $11/hr on avg) and because of that he gotten better employees and was able to hold them to higher standards.

Maybe if we pay Costco employees less then the "smart ones" will be more evenly distributed across all cash registers instead of all congregating at Costco!

As for tomorrow, do we even need to watch the Minny / Wiscy game now? We get anXSU and Ichigan at lunch, so PSU will know their fate before their game. Just hoping some of the results don't kill the momentum for what should end up a great weekend of CFB.

Nah, probably not. Minnesota has three decent quality losses (Penn St, Nebraska, and Iowa) by a total of 17 points, but we have exactly 0 quality wins to speak of, and Wisci is gonna want to put on a show for the committee. Could get ugly.

cashman

Banned
lol. To his credit, Red said from the beginning that Strong was the wrong fit for Texas. Why not give him a major input this time
The guy who was clamoring for Jon Gruden last time? Yeah let's not let that racist ass clown have any real input on coaching decisions. We might still have Mack.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

To be fair, that article he links does nothing but reiterate what we already know. Herman is the target of LSU and Texas (assuming Strong is gone). Texas is supposedly meeting with him this weekend. Orgeron is the favorite if Herman goes to Texas.

We've known all this info basically all day at this point.

Mrbob

Why is Michigan/OSU a noon est start instead of sat night game?

Nah, probably not. Minnesota has three decent quality losses (Penn St, Nebraska, and Iowa) by a total of 17 points, but we have exactly 0 quality wins to speak of, and Wisci is gonna want to put on a show for the committee. Could get ugly.

Let's hope so! I want a 60-10 win and not a Nebraska tier letdown.

Mrbob

Tradition is dumb then....think about the ratings. Well at least I can go out sat night then and not watch future Bears pro bust Watson play at QB.

Chris R

These refs in Tuscon ain't gonna make it out of the desert alive.

edit: I'll also chime in and say that the Mich/OSU start time is the stupidest thing that's happened this month, election bullshit included

Source: "9 pm, Speight went to football facility & worked out. Pain free. Would take bus accident to keep him off field. 99 percent he goes"

@jbook37
I've yet to hear anyone who's affiliated up North at this point who doesn't think Speight is a go. Their local 1050 all week been saying it.

Source: "9 pm, Speight went to football facility & worked out. Pain free. Would take bus accident to keep him off field. 99 percent he goes"

@jbook37
I've yet to hear anyone who's affiliated up North at this point who doesn't think Speight is a go. Their local 1050 all week been saying it.
Assuming his collarbone isn't broken and it's just an AC joint injury and Jim isn't trying to do some bullshit.. that is gonna be a pain in the ass to throw still especially if he eats the turf a little bit..

Why would Kiffin leave the top of the CFB world for a middling SEC West team?

That doesn't make any sense. Kiffin isn't leaving Alabama for anything less than a head coaching job.

I think the general rumor/idea is that Lane wants a HC gig, but most decision makers are discrediting his success at Bama because he's working under Saban. Him going to LSU (or anywhere else really) would serve to prove that he can do well without Saban.

I can legitimately see a scenario where texas misses on herman and go full panic mode and offer it up to kiffkins.

Nah, Red and the other Boosters would riot if we went after Kittens. No way.

If it was anybody it'd be after a proven success at HC.

Honestly, I could see us throwing money at the Sweater Vest.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bama peeps what're the odds that if Orgeron stays on at LSU that he gets Kiffin? Keep reading this places.

I mean, if he was completely brain damaged AND hated the time spent getting his career rebuilt at Alabama, then sure.

I think the general rumor/idea is that Lane wants a HC gig, but most decision makers are discrediting his success at Bama because he's working under Saban. Him going to LSU (or anywhere else really) would serve to prove that he can do well without Saban.

That doesn't make any sense. He's always been an accomplished signal caller.

Nah, Red and the other Boosters would riot if we went after Kittens. No way.

If it was anybody it'd be after a proven success at HC.

Honestly, I could see us throwing money at the Sweater Vest.

Dat show cause just ended, time to move in!

Though anytime people talk to him it sounds like hes done coaching.

Are there less bowl games this year? I know last year there were three 5-7 teams that went bowling because of the surplus. I'm assuming that wont be the case this year??

I would really like to see the University of Anchorage get a football team one day. Even though there still would be no FBS teams there, at least they would have an FCS team for the state to rally behind. Alaska may be the only state without an FBS or FCS team

Chris R

I would really like to see the University of Anchorage get a football team one day. Even though there still would be no FBS teams there, at least they would have an FCS team for the state to rally behind. Alaska may be the only state without an FBS or FCS team

If hyperloop becomes a thing and Alaska gets a source of income then maybe. Until then we have a hockey team that loses to hockey teams from Alabama so that almost counts for something!!! Until the hockey team is eliminated in a year or two.

What a hit

ryseing

Are there less bowl games this year? I know last year there were three 5-7 teams that went bowling because of the surplus. I'm assuming that wont be the case this year??

/r/cfb has a thing stickied about it. Vandy is definitely bowling even if they lose tomorrow because of APR.

/r/cfb has a thing stickied about it. Vandy is definitely bowling even if they lose tomorrow because of APR.

According to /r/cfb you referenced me to, that's not a guarantee currently.

Bowl Spots Remaining: 12

Potential Bowl Eligible Teams: 12

Guaranteed APR Spots: 0

And Northwestern has a higher APR so if Northwestern and Vandy lose, and all the other 5-6 teams win, then Northwestern would get the bowl nod while Vandy would be left out

Top Bottom