• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyBatty

Banned
Low settings, Ultra w/o RT, Ultra with RT

Low
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-1049005.jpg

Ultra w/o RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-8931696.jpg

Ultra with RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-529596.jpg

Low
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-7996484.jpg

Ultra w/o RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-8674280.jpg

Ultra with RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-6632196.jpg

Low
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-7928430.jpg

Ultra w/o RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-455591.jpg

Ultra with RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-3211938.jpg

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for wasting my time, you morons. Swear to God, not one retailer has been as dumb as Best Buy in 2020. They fucked up 3080, PS5, Xbox, 3090...and now this. Morons.

WyL2ry9.png
...it looks like you still get it on release day?

Romulus

Some People claim that cyberpunk is not revolutionary but i dont agree. Open World Deep role playing First person view game with actually good fucking shooting mechanics seem pretty revolutionary to me lol

For me, those are evolutionary steps forward. Fallout 4 was an open world with good shooting. This is just a better game in a different/bigger setting.

Revolutionary would be like getting in a plane flying to various cities with an equal amount of depth to it.

Alienware

Anyone knows if the game was patched (since a couple of patches already came out on Xbox and PlayStation) on GOG?
I really have got no idea.

Chiggs

Gold Member
...it looks like you still get it on release day?

It's the fact that I drove down to Best Buy after getting the email saying it was ready...of course, you wouldn't know it, because shitty little Best Buy tries to slime their way out of their mistake by saying I only received an email with the wrong date--which is bullshit.

I got the email that my order was ready, drove down, sat out in the parking lot for 10 minutes waiting for curbside assistance. They never showed, so I went inside and LULZ SORRY DUDER!

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
It's the fact that I drove down to Best Buy after getting the email saying it was ready...of course, you wouldn't know it, because shitty little Best Buy tries to slime their way out of their mistake by saying I only received an email with the wrong date--which is bullshit.

I got the email that my order was ready, drove down, sat out in the parking lot for 10 minutes waiting for curbside assistance. They never showed, so I went inside and LULZ SORRY DUDER!
That’s annoying

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Who the fuck has Czech copy already, it's from some review? "Tasit zbraň", not sure about that, I probably going to be play in English UI/subs.

(source)

wFPcwbx.png

"
The wait for Cyberpunk 2077 is almost over. It's been quite the journey, and first of all we want to thank all of you for being with us along the way. We know there's a fair amount of anticipation for the game, and very soon you will all be able to decide whether or not we lived up to the hype.

Launch day is always a mix of excitement and constant nerve-wracking, and with this being the first game we've developed that isn't titled 'The Witcher', we'd be lying if we said we weren't anxious to see what you think once you've sunk your teeth into it. With this launch trailer, we're just about ready to flick the switch and see Cyberpunk 2077 go from ours to become yours. We set out to create our most immersive world yet, and we believe that the stories waiting for you to uncover, and the relationships you'll forge during your time in Night City, will stick with you for quite some time.

We've mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we're not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we've learned a lot from our work on both Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077 offering substantial, story-driven content that'll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won't soon forget.

But before we get there, we'll first be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that'll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you're looking forward to them!

We want to end this message with a request. Once you play/finished the game, we would love it if you got back to us and told us who your V was. Our forums and social media are there for you. We want to know how you found Night City and what choices you made. We created a huge world for you to jump into, tell us your story.

CD PROJEKT RED team

"
Dwight Schrute likes this

TheMan

So low doesn't look that bad? In fact not hugely different aside from the lighting.
And RT maybe looks a little too shiny?

Last edited:

MadYarpen

I can't get over how good that trailer is. I have a feeling this is what you should expect from this game, not what was being shown all the time.

As I said, I will be crying playing this game. Having a kid does something to man lol.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I repost this here:

I'm still convicted it will happen

Impulsor

I hope the PS4 version plays awesome on PS5 and that it isn't much of a graphical downgrade from PC, if any. Any info on this, other than performance mode?

Guys, any good videos where I cna catch up on the lore of the world? I never played cyberpunk PnP.
Heya! I personally don’t recommend YT videos. Imo they’re not that good. Most of them just want clicks and don’t know shit about the lore. Those who are good have bad presentation.

May I show you my own post? I wrote this way back for people who want to know more about the lore, like you. This is 99% of what you want to know. Hope it’s good enough for you friend.

Or even better, the OT. I forgot to mention unfortunately.

Last edited:

John2290

My hesitation and anger is slowly giving way to small injections of hype. Buggy or not, I'm starting to feel this game in the tip of my penis.

John2290

When is the New Zealand Xbox release? I’m bad at time zones.
I'm note sure what the deal is anymore, they went with the map, then threw out the time map they had and now their gone back to it again but changed some of the time zones to 12 am. Best to assume it'll be 12 am on the 10th, your time for everything else but GoG and if you get it early then it's a treat.

this is partly correct and partly incorrect currently but they seem to be rectifying it so that the releases align with it again.
EoVEcJCW8AIXqLR-720x405.jpg

Last edited:

M1chl

I'm note sure what the deal is anymore, they went with the map, then threw out the time map they had and now their gone back to it again but changed some of the time zones to 12 am. Best to assume it'll be 12 am on the 10th, your time for everything else but GoG and if you get it early then it's a treat.

this is partly correct and partly incorrect currently but they seem to be rectifying it so that the releases align with it again.
EoVEcJCW8AIXqLR-720x405.jpg
I struggle to comprehend, why you would release Polish game at 1am CEST. It's bullshit even though I really don't sleep that much because my meds simply prevent me from inhibiting melatonin, I am not sure if I am ready to jump on that at 1am. But conversely, my hype probably get the better of me.

DeaDPo0L84

Low settings, Ultra w/o RT, Ultra with RT

Low
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-1049005.jpg

Ultra w/o RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-8931696.jpg

Ultra with RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-529596.jpg

Low
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-7996484.jpg

Ultra w/o RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-8674280.jpg

Ultra with RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-6632196.jpg

Low
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-7928430.jpg

Ultra w/o RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-455591.jpg

Ultra with RT
porovnanie-grafickych-nastaven-250999-3211938.jpg

I know some don't care for it but you can clearly see the extra level of realism ray tracing has over baked in lighting, can't fucking wait to make my 3090 sweat.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
RT really shines in those indoor scenes. It's nice to see a comparison and Low is not too bad.

I'll be playing on a 2060 Super, probably using a mix of Med/High settings and DLSS 'Balanced' at 1080p/1440p maybe with some RT depending on how it goes. Tom's Hardware had some preliminary benchmarks, but Gamers Nexus mentioned that the review copies had DRM affecting performance and to wait a bit for final results.

Tom's Hardware updated article...
Editor's Note, Dec. 8: At the request of the publisher, we have edited this article to remove some benchmark figures taken before the Day Zero patch that may not be representative of the consumer day one experience.
Ln8q1tiw7j4U6N6n.jpg

^RDNA 2 likes lower res with medium settings
---
EMATMMQteDH6dUS8.jpg

^Ampere likes 4K with ultra settings
LX5cHnEAi6iimUPRD3qfBi-1200-80.png

^Something like 2070 Super could likely do 1440p/60fps medium settings.
---
Some DLSS results...
PxcCTR2D7VuUy2ZbwxJYPf-1200-80.png

3gSyXcVd9KENVSjtj3BXuf-1200-80.png

Aa7cBqF1SsnLeccp.jpg

Last edited:

BKNY84

Neo Member
Still sucks that streamers can play the game at 6 am tomorrow. Yet us console players have to wait till Midnight, will fall asleep by then lol.

John2290

I struggle to comprehend, why you would release Polish game at 1am CEST. It's bullshit even though I really don't sleep that much because my meds simply prevent me from inhibiting melatonin, I am not sure if I am ready to jump on that at 1am. But conversely, my hype probably get the better of me.
oh yeah, It's gonna be one cold fucking night here in Ireland and all. Best get coffee, have the house heated and see if you can sneak in some mediation or a nap for an hour or two before the release. As long as you don't sleep in the next day or give into sleep and fatigue, it'll probably help your sleep cycle, it was for me before cause I usually can't make it much into the evening the day after before I check out. Btw, You can buy melatonin in pills these days, not sure if it's over the counter in Poland but some online health food stores have managed to circumvent local EU state laws or just ignore them so try there, if not some 5HTP does the same job.

M1chl

oh yeah, It's gonna be one cold fucking night here in Ireland and all. Best get coffee, have the house heated and see if you can sneak in some mediation or a nap for an hour or two before the release. As long as you don't sleep in the next day or give into sleep and fatigue, it'll probably help your sleep cycle, it was for me before cause I usually can't make it much into the evening the day after before I check out. Btw, You can buy melatonin in pills these days, not sure if it's over the counter in Poland but some online health food stores have managed to circumvent local EU state laws or just ignore them so try there, if not some 5HTP does the same job.
Issue is that I don't really can sleep normally, I am having at best 5 hours per day sleeps. It would be far better to release it at like 20:00 and I would create my character with fresh mind, I worry that at night I am going to create some retarded clown and that I am going to hate it next day : D

Oh and to add to those melatonin pills, I cannot use them, it's like in contraindications for Tacrolimus, which is my source of life. So I can't do that. And I would just like to add, that I am from Polish neighborhood, so that's Czech Republic, but we are at the same timezone : )

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Remember, the game is not optimized for PS5, so don't expect miracles from the PS5 version until the next gen patch hits sometime next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom