• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
What's behind him? Texture from the 90s?
98b.gif

Kadayi

Banned
I have just bought the official Cyberpunk 2077 guide, it has been 10 years that I bought one for a game, but I always like looking in it.

1200x1148.jpg

However I also discovered now that there already is a book called 'The World Of Cyberpunk 2077'. Apparently with a lot of lore in it and the history of the Cyberpunk universe. I wonder, has anyone bought this and is it worth the money?
908x1200.jpg

Or is it just a waste of money because most of that stuff will also be in the official guide I just bought?

I have it. It's pretty good. It's a mix of Lore and Art Work throughout. Not everything is there in terms of imagery as CDP did a tonne of Art Work, but there's a lot.

There's a quick flip through here by someone showing you what it contains: -

I picked the standard edition and I'm happy with it. The Deluxe seemed Overpriced for a snazzy box and some gang logos etc but YMMV

Denton

Do you already own 'The World of Cyberpunk 2077 book'? Because apparently it's already out for months. If so, what is exactly in it?
Friend of mine does, I ordered the deluxe edition which will ship on friday. It describes the world, its history, factions etc and is very well written. CDP did similar book for Witcher (World of the Witcher) that was fantastic.

MadYarpen

Honestly I'm not opposed to reducing to 30 for this game. Did the same with RDR2 and Microsoft Flight Sim and it was just fine. I mean its not ideal (kinda far from it, in fact), but 30fps on a mix of high/ultra is fine with me and my aging 1080 Ti. Total waste of a 100hz monitor though but what can ya do?

I'm a bit more nervous about a CPU bottleneck on the i7-6700. I swear I've seen a lot of people mention its a CPU-intensive game but I'd love to see some crowd density ...

We are 24h away from knowing for certain. Its just disappointing to see the game is so demanding.
And yeah, 30fps is always an option especially in a game which is not so fast paced but still, 60 is the least you would expect on pc. In my case, using a brand new gpu, almost highest tier and not 4k.

Kadayi

Banned
Honestly I'm not opposed to reducing to 30 for this game. Did the same with RDR2 and Microsoft Flight Sim and it was just fine. I mean its not ideal (kinda far from it, in fact), but 30fps on a mix of high/ultra is fine with me and my aging 1080 Ti. Total waste of a 100hz monitor though but what can ya do?

I'm a bit more nervous about a CPU bottleneck on the i7-6700. I swear I've seen a lot of people mention its a CPU-intensive game but I'd love to see some crowd density ...

I think there will be a lot of flexibility in terms of increasing performance. Crowd density is variable depending on location and time of day from what's been said.

I know it's not like for like, but when you look to the pedestrian and traffic density on something like GTA right back as far as San Andreas or heck even GTA III, the empty streets of Night City sucks balls, no?

I really hope the situation can be improved on the full next gen patch at least.

Last edited:

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I have it. It's pretty good. It's a mix of Lore and Art Work throughout. Not everything is there in terms of imagery as CDP did a tonne of Art Work, but there's a lot.

There's a quick flip through here by someone showing you what it contains: -

I picked the standard edition and I'm happy with it. The Deluxe seemed Overpriced for a snazzy box and some gang logos etc but YMMV

Friend of mine does, I ordered the deluxe edition which will ship on friday. It describes the world, its history, factions etc and is very well written. CDP did similar book for Witcher (World of the Witcher) that was fantastic.
Thanks, looks great.

I was doubting to buy it because I could imagine that the official strategy guide probably also has dozens of pages of lore and that I wouldn't find a lot of new things in 'The World of Cyberpunk' outside some extra artwork, but the video does look good.

Kingsora

Another One.

OK, looks nice BUT i think t'he city looks really empty, a lot of popping and ridículos car physics.

This makes me wonder, I am planning to play this on PS5, but considering there isn't an official PS5 version yet. Will I see the same empty streets while playing on PS5 as on the standard PS4? And is the PC version then (at least right now) going to be superior version comparing with series X or PS5?

Kadayi

Banned
I was doubting to buy it because I could imagine that the official strategy guide probably also has dozens of pages of lore and that I wouldn't find a lot of new things in 'The World of Cyberpunk' outside some extra artwork, but the video does look good.

Yeah, it's pretty detailed. I haven't delved into the text too much myself largely because I want to experience a lot of it in-game, but it's comprehensive in terms of giving you details on all the gangs etc.

This makes me wonder, I am planning to play this on PS5, but considering there isn't an official PS5 version yet. Will I see the same empty streets while playing on PS5 as on the standard PS4? And is the PC version then (at least right now) going to be superior version comparing with series X or PS5?

Crowd density varies depending on where you are and when. I've seen leak footage of really crowded shopping areas on XSX. I would imagine it will be fine on PS5. If you're unsure wait for the launch and see what people say.

Last edited:

Chris Walken

Neo Member

PC is going to be the superior version, like was The Witcher 3.

But i think the next gen patch will make wonders in PS5/XboxSeriesX.

Kingsora

PC is going to be the superior version, like was The Witcher 3.

But i think the next gen patch will make wonders in PS5/XboxSeriesX.
Only, the next gen patch could still be months away ...

Woggleman

Decided to pull the trigger on the X Box one X version. I figure it is the best option on the previous gen consoles. If RDR2 looked as good as it did on it then this probably will also.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
if I change my region on my xbox to NZ I'll be able to play this in like 9 hrs? am I missing something?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

''The wait for Cyberpunk 2077 is almost over. It's been quite the journey, and first of all we want to thank all of you for being with us along the way. We know there's a fair amount of anticipation for the game, and very soon you will all be able to decide whether or not we lived up to the hype.

Launch day is always a mix of excitement and constant nerve-wracking, and with this being the first game we've developed that isn't titled 'The Witcher', we'd be lying if we said we weren't anxious to see what you think once you've sunk your teeth into it. With this launch trailer, we're just about ready to flick the switch and see Cyberpunk 2077 go from ours to become yours. We set out to create our most immersive world yet, and we believe that the stories waiting for you to uncover, and the relationships you'll forge during your time in Night City, will stick with you for quite some time.

We've mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we're not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we've learned a lot from our work on both Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077 offering substantial, story-driven content that'll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives that you won't soon forget.

But before we get there, we'll first be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that'll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you're looking forward to them!

We want to end this message with a request. Once you play/finished the game, we would love it if you got back to us and told us who your V was. Our forums and social media are there for you. We want to know how you found Night City and what choices you made. We created a huge world for you to jump into, tell us your story."

CD PROJEKT RED team

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Seems to be the case, I'll be joining the early birds here in central US
that's awesome

I have like 1 week off work. that combined with the new launch trailer I think have made me decide to not put this off for next gen patch and just take the dive

gonna pre-order it digitally right now from MS store. guess I'll be up playing this at 3am if all goes well (Los Angeles here)

ClosBSAS

so this shit wont unlock at midnight..it has a stupid global release time, meaning...in 23hrs....so dec 10th basically instead of the 9th...jesus, so fucking annoying.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
so this shit wont unlock at midnight..it has a stupid global release time, meaning...in 23hrs....so dec 10th basically instead of the 9th...jesus, so fucking annoying.
it has global release time for PC, local release time for consoles

cyberpunk-2077-release-time-map.jpg

I changed my region to NZ so I should be playing it in 9 hours

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Consoles release at 12AM local time so yes XBX will be playable tomorrow morning (if in the US).
do you need to purchase the game while in NZ region, or just switch to NZ region after pre-ordering the game and it will just unlock early?

Lister

Banned
Well in case you forgot game journalists are fucking useless

On the plus side this seems to be making people with horrible taste very upset. My hype is rising.

I agree that she didn't seem to engage with the game the way I'd expect a serious reviewer to. I don't think you need to call her names though. Makes you sound like an incel dumb dumb.

If you don't engage with those systems, then how are you exploring the game in a way that will allow you to convey useful information to your audience? Even if it's to say, these systems suck and here's why. To say "I don't know" 'cause I didn't fele like trying them is pretty useless.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
do you need to purchase the game while in NZ region, or just switch to NZ region after pre-ordering the game and it will just unlock early?

Just flip the switch to NZ, restart console and game away.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
Just flip the switch to NZ, restart console and game away.
so just to confirm, I'm okay making the purchase while in USA region off the MS store? I just need to switch to NZ at 3am and I'm good to go?

this sounds almost too easy. switching region took me 7 seconds.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Holy shit, Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles becomes an entirely new game: Cyberpunk Covid 2077, when the pandemic hit.

It's empty as fuck, and that LOD.

15 days to slow the spread is still going on almost 60 years later :messenger_grinning_smiling:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
so just to confirm, I'm okay making the purchase while in USA region off the MS store? I just need to switch to NZ at 3am and I'm good to go?

this sounds almost too easy. switching region took me 7 seconds.

Yes. MS doesn't tie release time to purchase location like SONY does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom